I don't know much about Barnsley - managed them a couple of times back around FM21/22 - but that's a well-explained tactical post.

Nicely done :thup:

4 hours ago, warlock said:

I don't know much about Barnsley - managed them a couple of times back around FM21/22 - but that's a well-explained tactical post.

Nicely done :thup:

Cheers it was great fun not sure I'd know enough about any other team to attempt it.

Don't know how we will go on in the Championship, big step up and most of the budget has been swallowed keeping my current players happy.

nice explaination. i like how your players move into position. 352 is my go to formation in fm24. might change my libero on the rcb slot and use wingback on attack instead of cwb on the right.

7 hours ago, AzrulMaulud said:

nice explaination. i like how your players move into position. 352 is my go to formation in fm24. might change my libero on the rcb slot and use wingback on attack instead of cwb on the right.

I contemplated using a libero on the right about halfway through the season as it was a role that suited the player I had to parachute into place having accidentally drunkenly  sold Williams but didn't in the end.

I also occasionally against weaker teams made the RWB into a CWB to try and be more aggressive.

6 hours ago, JoOSTAR said:

I might have missed it, but did you use any player instructions?

No I didn't use them, I thought about adding one player instruction to the CM-A to move into channels.

But having tried it in one match and thinking about it a bit more rejected it for a few reasons.

1) it defeated the idea of not using a mezzala in the first place that he would move into the half spaces I wanted the WCB to exploit.

2) I liked him being more central breaking beyond the TM and in retrospect its what caused the targetman/CM's to score so many goals. Two of the Advanced forward, TM or MC-A would occupy the centre-backs creating an overload so one of them was effectively unmarked or the TM/BBM would arrive late in the box also unmarked to score.

3) I'm trying to get away from using them unless I want some sort of specific behaviour like Fullbacks hitting crosses from deep in a counter-attacking tactic or a playmaker played in the AML/R position to sit narrower to create space for a wingback to overlap him. Otherwise I end up giving every player a daft number of them and break my own tactics.

I contemplated using a libero on the right about halfway through the season as it was a role that suited the player I had to parachute into place having accidentally drunkenly  sold Williams but didn't in the end.

I also occasionally against weaker teams made the RWB into a CWB to try and be more aggressive.

i think the libero works well with higher defensive line against low block. but that depends on the personnel too. one thing i dont like playing the libero is the rest defense. 2 at the back with my low/mid table team, inviting.

the 352 is my go to formation in fm24. i use the tactic as a base and adapts what kind of play our opponent is playing. keeping the play out of defend regardless who our opponent is.

• against gegenpressing i use low block + standard defensive lines and pass into space, and put roaming on both strikers. 
  • against team who build from the back i use mid block/high, both strikers mark the center back positions and the more attack midfielder marks the dm position. ticked prevent keeper short passes. i had giants in my fc twente, when they hoof the ball, thats when we win the ball back. this one works well.

never tried both wingback on attack. i did after reading your post. it works better in my setup than the 1 wingback on support and 1 cwb on attack. thank you.