Recruitment Focus [FM24]

Does anyone have any issues with recruitment focus? I am trying to avoid micromanaging scouting like I normally do and letting the chief scout do it all but adding in some recruitment focuses. 

However, it always comes back with zero players. Even if I make it very easy with low stars minimum and just a simple position or area of the pitch. I just get nothing back.

Any tips on how to do this or recruitment in a way that I don't need to micromanage it anymore and still get scouts looking for what I need?

If you like to setup and forget type of thing, you can create a very simple one.

Screenshot_1.png.3897af8f8d9a257a39d2dc6aad48d056.png

From Assigned Scouts & Analysts, choose all your scouters and all your recruitment analysts.

Ongoing
15-50
1* - 3*
Transfer & Loan
Areas (Any)

If you can afford World as Scouting Range, then choose it. What you will find, it depends of your database setup.

Thanks - what you are showing is what I am doing but I get zero players recommended to me every time. Screenshot attached. Standard right back being asked for. 

image.thumb.png.dcdd86cf3eb63686b635b225a38800cf.png

I've tried widening the search even more to see if it helps but that was already very broad.

Scouting definitely isn't great in FM24. My scouts are struggling to find me U23 3* PA players (with basically no CA requirement) in Southern South America. Apparently they can't find talent in Argentina or Brazil, imagine that!

Oh and when they finally find someone they don't recommend him because "His asking price is above his value". And no, I don't have any financial limits on my search either. The focusses created by the AI though? Oh they have no issues recommending me some overpriced €100m+ players that are absolutely not worth their money.

1 hour ago, ViG1980 said:

Does anyone have any issues with recruitment focus? I am trying to avoid micromanaging scouting like I normally do and letting the chief scout do it all but adding in some recruitment focuses. 

However, it always comes back with zero players. Even if I make it very easy with low stars minimum and just a simple position or area of the pitch. I just get nothing back.

Any tips on how to do this or recruitment in a way that I don't need to micromanage it anymore and still get scouts looking for what I need?

What team are you and what is your database set up?

3 hours ago, Freakiie said:

Scouting definitely isn't great in FM24. My scouts are struggling to find me U23 3* PA players (with basically no CA requirement) in Southern South America. Apparently they can't find talent in Argentina or Brazil, imagine that!

Oh and when they finally find someone they don't recommend him because "His asking price is above his value". And no, I don't have any financial limits on my search either. The focusses created by the AI though? Oh they have no issues recommending me some overpriced €100m+ players that are absolutely not worth their money.

From what I've seen of it, recruitment focuses either work as expected, or don't work at all. I suspect there is a reason for that, such as the scouts or head scout are all engaged doing other things and never get to it, despite it being the highest priority. Or because the players it would find are not shown because the 'include players from other recruitment focuses' bit isn't ticked or isn't working. I always tick that now.

7 hours ago, busngabb said:

From what I've seen of it, recruitment focuses either work as expected, or don't work at all. I suspect there is a reason for that, such as the scouts or head scout are all engaged doing other things and never get to it, despite it being the highest priority. Or because the players it would find are not shown because the 'include players from other recruitment focuses' bit isn't ticked or isn't working. I always tick that now.

Well it's not either of these in my case. I have that option ticked, I have scouts assigned to the focus, I see them actively scouting players (admittedly most of these players are crap so no surprise those don't get recommended) and I've seen more than a few "Near Matches" by now where players with A/B grade reports don't get recommended because reasons.

Here for example my South America South focus (5 silver star CA, so basically everything and 3* PA) gets me these near matches

afbeelding.thumb.png.9e8e66101270df9f9c5d9827258cc252.png

The 17 year old fits the CA/PA requirements but is deemed not good enough and the other one is "too expensive" at €12m. Admittedly with C/D reports these aren't the greatest players, but I've had much better players be considered as near matches, mostly due to their asking price. I have no idea why the scouts are so tight with that, I have no restrictions on this whatsoever and yet a solid talent priced at €17.5m was not recommended to me because of the asking price. The 1 recommendation is a guy that's on my shortlist and gets scouted periodically, and thus pops up as a recommendation every time that happens.

On the other hand, players like this somehow do get recommended:

afbeelding.thumb.png.003e294f87aaa521d755d681d8510577.png

A 3* CA player that at €63-75m is massively overvalued, which is no surprise as he is a Real Madrid player, my scouts think I should take another look at. This is despite the fact that if I look at his scout report his asking price is actually considering a major negative, but for some reason in this situation that is not an issue, but with a young talent it somehow is.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, ViG1980 said:

Updated the search parameters to broaden the search, hoping it would help but still no luck. I get ZERO players recommended to me. Am I doing something wrong?

image.thumb.png.c6f7679e37e307cd04948c1f59cdbecc.png

No, you are doing ok.

I have found an interesting approach here regarding Recruitment Focus.

I am testing right now this method and seems to deliver.

Recruitment Focus:

Any Tactic, Any Position
Minimum CA: 0.5* (grey)
Minimum PA: 3* (golden)
Areas: Any
Ongoing
Specific Scouter, Specific Analyst
(untick "Include results...")

So the approach is to scout per age. 15-15, 16-16, 17-17, 18-18 and so on.

The results so far, after 4 months.

Age 15: I had a lot more reports when youth intake dates happened (now I am in July).

15.thumb.png.e22f7ee990d65e783bb91288eedfb031.png

16.thumb.png.a919507f485487c654c3f7fc21e9ec29.png

17.thumb.png.2779d0b932d945ff7a3a9933aa1f4893.png

18.thumb.png.c4442f1a5c1ab4123349d971f01d2695.png

19.thumb.png.360e082d2af7826b809a3685787114a5.png

====

Also, another thing is here, in Responsibilities

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.4ad8f3127eab6a30a5471dcb2c484ea8.png

But you need to instruct further this in Scouting Center:

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.06bb0bd2748963421363b78bb93db02e.png

====

After two weeks, the scouted players will be placed in Scouted Players section and reports will be removed from Recruitment Focus in order for the new ones.

Edited by fc.cadoni

I think there are issues with scouting, im in a Manchester United save and tried to do 2* ability and 2*potential per big nation and main leagues. That in itself should bring in players from the prem and other areas but rarely got one in either pile of recommend, near matches or in progress. 

Having to tiptoe around it shouldn't be a thing. Also most of them aren't even going out to scout either and they haven't even got other jobs to do, very strange this year compared to last and the years before them. 

On 17/01/2024 at 04:04, fc.cadoni said:

No, you are doing ok.

I have found an interesting approach here regarding Recruitment Focus.

I am testing right now this method and seems to deliver.

Recruitment Focus:

Any Tactic, Any Position
Minimum CA: 0.5* (grey)
Minimum PA: 3* (golden)
Areas: Any
Ongoing
Specific Scouter, Specific Analyst
(untick "Include results...")

So the approach is to scout per age. 15-15, 16-16, 17-17, 18-18 and so on.

The results so far, after 4 months.

Age 15: I had a lot more reports when youth intake dates happened (now I am in July).

15.thumb.png.e22f7ee990d65e783bb91288eedfb031.png

16.thumb.png.a919507f485487c654c3f7fc21e9ec29.png

17.thumb.png.2779d0b932d945ff7a3a9933aa1f4893.png

18.thumb.png.c4442f1a5c1ab4123349d971f01d2695.png

19.thumb.png.360e082d2af7826b809a3685787114a5.png

====

Also, another thing is here, in Responsibilities

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.4ad8f3127eab6a30a5471dcb2c484ea8.png

But you need to instruct further this in Scouting Center:

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.06bb0bd2748963421363b78bb93db02e.png

====

After two weeks, the scouted players will be placed in Scouted Players section and reports will be removed from Recruitment Focus in order for the new ones.

Thanks for this - will give it a try!