The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I'd advise you all to buy "My Idea of Fun" by Lee Sharpe. Hardly any match reports in it and a good read.

To conclude, Fergies a bastard, Robbo a legend and Keano is going to ring his neck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

explain why fergie is a bastard and why keane is going to wring his neck for those who dont have the funds or dont want to buy the book

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

explain why fergie is a bastard and why keane is going to wring his neck for those who dont have the funds or dont want to buy the book </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Without spoiling it too much.

Fergie for the way he treated Sharpe, just little things like balling him out in front of others after he has scored the winning goal just because he did a dance to celebrate.

Robbo a legend for the fact Sharpe cant say enough good about him. Plus anyone who can drink for 48 hours straight and still be the best in both training and the match is just fb.

Keano will ring his neck for being described as an alcoholic who would start fights with people who had done nothing just because he didnt like the look of them.

Keano wanted a watch so Sharpe took him to a jewellers, the jeweller produced 3 watches one that was £1100, £1800 and one that was £2000. The jeweller recommended the £1100 one, Keane said okay, the guy brought the bill out, the watch was in fact £11,000, Keano got the pish took out of him for days icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Keano wanted a watch so Sharpe took him to a jewellers, the jeweller produced 3 watches one that was £1100, £1800 and one that was £2000. The jeweller recommended the £1100 one, Keane said okay, the guy brought the bill out, the watch was in fact £11,000, Keano got the pish took out of him for days icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't get it? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Keano wanted a watch so Sharpe took him to a jewellers, the jeweller produced 3 watches one that was £1100, £1800 and one that was £2000. The jeweller recommended the £1100 one, Keane said okay, the guy brought the bill out, the watch was in fact £11,000, Keano got the pish took out of him for days icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically Keano was too proud to say to the jeweller 'no, that's too much' so bought it anyway, and begged Sharpey not to tell the other lads. Which of course, Sharpey did. The watch got nicked or broken pretty quickly as well iirc icon_biggrin.gif

I don't get it? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Originally posted by BBB:

The official Lille away trip - Sponsored by me singing eye of the tiger icon_cool.gif

Reet, I've been looking at accomodation for a while and we're looking at about no more than £50 for 2 nights but that all depends where you want to stay or if you are a cheapskate like me.

Train from Manchester-London is £20 return

Eurostar from London-Paris is £69 return

So all in all you're looking at about £150 for accomadation and travel.

Myself, Coldberg, Bagpuss, James07?, NickOGS20 have all said we are interested, anyone else? I know its nearly 3 months away but better to be organised, add me to MSN if you aren't on already.

BTW, going from Monday-Thursday not Tues-Thurs

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All those quotes. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway . . . Paris ? I hate Paris. icon_frown.gif So no to that one.

Game's in Lille, though, yeah ?

Thought he kept it to himself?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

I don't get it? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically Keano was too proud to say to the jeweller 'no, that's too much' so bought it anyway, and begged Sharpey not to tell the other lads. Which of course, Sharpey did. The watch got nicked or broken pretty quickly as well iirc icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well tbh i would of done the same, im allways scared when i ask price of something to say no thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Croissants - Cafe Au Lait - stroppy Parisiens - that tunnel ? icon_frown.gif

Waterloo ?

Paris in November, eh ? Ho de hum. Ton and a half to go somewhere I don't like. Tell you what, convince me. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will be there & erm it will be Halloween & you won't have to buy a costume icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Croissants - Cafe Au Lait - stroppy Parisiens - that tunnel ? icon_frown.gif

Waterloo ?

Paris in November, eh ? Ho de hum. Ton and a half to go somewhere I don't like. Tell you what, convince me. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will be there & erm it will be Halloween & you won't have to buy a costume icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And by all accounts - Martin (BBB) doing Karoke - enough reason on itys own surely

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

gahahaha, just got a phone call from MUFC offering me a credit card. icon_biggrin.gif i think thats the first phone call ive ever had from them, they must be desperate (well i guess they've got to make up for the debt somehow).

told them where to go icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had 3 in the last 3 months from them.

Each time they get a is it run by MBNA? when they say yes the answer is sod off

saw them on ri- has to be said, those banners are abysmal but if the people who f*cked off to fc are taking their banners then whats the alternative?

the city ticker and ole banner should NEVER have been removed tbh.

i quite like what someone on there suggested as a banner:

-TO THE GLAZERS: FOREVER IN YOUR DEBT

or something along those lines. sly dig, but not heavy enough that they wouldnt allow it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Why the hell wont he replicate the banners?

Is he also the only person who can replicate the banners? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No but hes organised the cash people have dontated.

The club are willing to accept them from anyone i think. OTF Collection? icon_wink.gif

Listening to the "Legends" on Century and a Citeh fan rang in and then said

"Well its clear that from Saturday, Andy Cole is a BETTER footballer than Ruud Van Nistelrooy"

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brilliant, "Massive Club, up there with Juventus". icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Is he also the only person who can replicate the banners? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No but hes organised the cash people have dontated.

The club are willing to accept them from anyone i think. OTF Collection? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what i was thinking, considering everybody seems to want the Ole and the Citeh ticker ones back?

Listening to the "Legends" on Century and a Citeh fan rang in and then said

"Well its clear that from Saturday, Andy Cole is a BETTER footballer than Ruud Van Nistelrooy" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm tempted to put that 'quote' as my location. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

The club are willing to accept them from anyone i think. OTF Collection? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what i was thinking, considering everybody seems to want the Ole and the Citeh ticker ones back? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>well

"Meanwhile, the owners of the previous banners have decided to re-display four of them at Old Trafford, and they too will take their place for the derby after a well-earned date with a washing machine."

I assume if thats true Ole City will be back along with (my guess) Republic banner and Flowers of Manchester

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Times are obviously hard under the Glazers. Manchester United's own TV channel, MUTV, did not travel on the official club trip when the team played in Bucharest last week. Rather than pay £900 per person they sent their man Steve Bower, Paddy Crerand and the cameraman to Hungary on charter flights. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Citeh ticker was fb, erm I'm now booked off for teh trip to Paris icon_cool.gif

Anyone else want to come? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes any other takers being muggins is in charge of booking things once mroe

Dude, you're rich and have credit cards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might of had a slight payrise but i am by no means rich or having a lot of space on my credit cards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">JOBS GO AT UNITED

Manchester United are axing 25 jobs as a result of a major internal structural review.

The redundancies - which represent 5% of United's entire workforce - will come exclusively from administrative departments, including IT, finance and general secretarial levels.

"We have carried out a review of costs and a review of structure and we believe the new arrangement is more efficient and is a better way of meeting the company's needs going forward," said club spokesman Phil Townsend.

Although new owner Malcolm Glazer played no part in the review, or the decision, which was confirmed to staff by Red Devils chief executive David Gill on Tuesday, it is bound to be interpreted as the first sign of the American's drive for increased profits following his £790million takeover.

Gill launched the review earlier this year in an effort to bridge the £8million funding gap caused by the loss of revenue from the most recent FA Premier League TV deal, which came into force at the start of last season.

The conversion of United from PLC status back to the private ownership of the Glazer family has effectively ended the need for some positions, while Gill believes the other losses can be covered.

At this stage, the club hope all job losses will be conducted on a voluntary basis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Found a story on it

It may not be on the Glazers orders, but it's probably a direct result of the debt they've landed us with.

Still, if there is genuine inefficiency there, and they can still do the job with less people, then we can't really complain about it.

Archived