Cadiz - 442 overpowered? 3rd in La Liga after 22 games.

Not sure if anyone else has had any luck with playing a direct, counter and aggressive 4-4-2? I've basically used these two formations all season, with Maxi Gomez at DLF/TF getting a tonne of goals from corners also.

Had some brilliant results against bigger teams too hitting them on the counter, also found some real luck with set pieces and having a large team good at headers.

Cadiz 2.png

Cadiz 1.png

Cadiz 3.png

hace 7 horas, KGregory44 dijo:

None at all, which seems even weirder to me! Very basic tactic performing really well

hahaha wow, anyway, the tactic looks consistent, now I will try it. When do you use tactic 1 and when do you use tactic 2? I understand tactic 1 away  and tactic 2 at home.

16 hours ago, Diverisma158 said:

hahaha wow, anyway, the tactic looks consistent, now I will try it. When do you use tactic 1 and when do you use tactic 2? I understand tactic 1 away  and tactic 2 at home.

Yeah pretty much, the two CDMs when playing better sides or away and thats it

4 minutos atrás, KGregory44 disse:

Yeah pretty much, just dont expect a club predicted 14th to be comfortably 3rd 

Good results there and I think both tactics are nicely structured and logical. Did you finished the season yet?

Do you still play the same way against teams who play cautious against you or because you're Cadiz most of the teams were more adventurous, leaving space behind?

Edited by mikcheck

I'm glad you're getting good results out of a low block and low LoE. 

Near enough every successful tactic I see is some Gegenpress variant with ultra high lines and closing down. Always wanted to avoid that route as it feels a cheap to overachieve so it's a relief to know other playing styles are not only viable but effective.  

On 27/10/2023 at 18:46, KGregory44 said:

Not sure if anyone else has had any luck with playing a direct, counter and aggressive 4-4-2? I've basically used these two formations all season, with Maxi Gomez at DLF/TF getting a tonne of goals from corners also.

Had some brilliant results against bigger teams too hitting them on the counter, also found some real luck with set pieces and having a large team good at headers.

Cadiz 2.png

Cadiz 1.png

Cadiz 3.png

:applause:Ohhh, my favourite 442...

The only question - why do you use "Slightly lower tempo" in the first tactic?

Edited by olegmelnikov

17 hours ago, Sébastien ChabaI said:

Similar to how I play at Chelsea, on fm24 beta match engine my favourite role in the game is wm(s), what a brilliant role, if you tell a player to hold position and sit narrow like I do, they simply won't do it, it's like a completely spaghetti coded free role that knows no bounds, try it!

image.png.128d6f81b9088ea365bfa21dddd1570e.png

I don't know if this is the reason but I would check where your CM(s) and DLF(s) are in the build up. Is there space for the WM to sit narrower? Once thing I've noticed in the ME is that players will ignore PIs if it puts them in the same space as another player. Unless your comment wasn't actually sarcastic and you enjoy the free role :D