Attributes based match engine

In one of the recent FM 24 blogs it talked about 'TRUER FOOTBALL MOTION, players now appear more intelligent when moving into positions'.  And it got me thinking. Ever since 3D was introduced we have never had a match engine based on actual player attributes. What I mean is a player with 1 flair and one with 20 flair look exactly the same. A player with 20 passing passes exactly the same as one with 1 passing.

I hope in the new FM25 match engine they will create an engine based on players attributes. Can you imagine how awesome that would be?

Edited by SPE3D

This is true. In a same time I think player skill level animations needs to be connected to the calculations of mistakes, flair moves and match results and not just cosmetic animation thing. I think this is the reason there's not enough time to invest in it by the makers. Because it's really a monumental task.

Without doubt attributes are used to calculate results but they are not part of the 3D match engine. Is there a visual difference in quality of passing between your 20 rated player and your 10 rated player?

Edited by SPE3D

1 hour ago, SPE3D said:

Without doubt attributes are used to calculate results but they are not part of the 3D match engine. Is there a visual difference in quality of passing between your 20 rated player and your 10 rated player?

Fair enough your 20-passing player won't be giving no-look passes, but the visual experience will differ from the hopeless hoofball at my level. As for 'flair', I don't even know what that is - I've never seen anything resembling it at the amateur level.

1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

Fair enough your 20-passing player won't be giving no-look passes, but the visual experience will differ from the hopeless hoofball at my level. As for 'flair', I don't even know what that is - I've never seen anything resembling it at the amateur level.

Pie in one hand, ciggie in the other, socks rolled down.

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

As for 'flair', I don't even know what that is - I've never seen anything resembling it at the amateur level.

The Skillz™ YouTuber who can do a rainbow flick around every dummy on the training pitch (assuming the equipment budget even provides for one) but gets put firmly on his behind when he tries against an actual defender, then runs out of stamina at half time

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

Pie in one hand, ciggie in the other, socks rolled down.

And no shin pads either!