Change backgrounds (client object)

Danny_Pt

Hi,

Does anyone know the IDS of these 2 backgrounds? I don't like the 3d graphics, so I replace some original backgrounds for an image file.

These 2 are the pre-match team selection and the staff meeting.

I was able to change the pre-match pep talk, press conference, tunnel and briefing backgrounds, through the client object file, but for these 2 I really don't know the ID.

Anyone can help me with this? Or at least tell me how can I find the specific IDs?

Thank you in advance

prematch.png

staff_meting.png

Edited by Danny_Pt

5 minutes ago, Danny_Pt said:

Hi,

Does anyone know the IDS of these 2 backgrounds? I don't like the 3d graphics, so I replace for an image file.

It's the pre-match team selection and the staff meeting.

I was able to change the pre-macth pep talk, press conference, tunnel, briefing backgrounds, through the client object file, but for these 2 I really don't know the ID.

Anyone can help me with this? Or at least tell me how can I find the specific IDs?

Thank you in advance

prematch.png

staff_meting.png

try and see if there is something here, else use the search as i know there is a post somewhere with different pages id

5 minutes ago, snowofman said:

try and see if there is something here, else use the search as i know there is a post somewhere with different pages id

Thanks for your reply and help!

yes, I had already read that thread and another similar one as well, and I have used that code, which works for some backgrounds, but not all of them.

The key (based on what I have read on other threads) is knowing these backgrounds ID, and then just add the same code in the client object xml file.

That’s why I wanted to know how could I possibly know the IDs of these original backgrounds.

thanks once again for your help :)

On 07/07/2023 at 05:56, snowofman said:

Section meta data and you're welcome

@snowofman This is what I meant, about your reply to another thread (above). I noticed that on that thread you gave some IDs regarding the backgrounds of staff meeting and team meeting. They, apparently, could be found on section meta data. But I coudn't find them anywhere...unless I'm checking the wrong file.

PBAm - Staff meeting

TeMt - team meeting

i believe it these

And this would be an example of code to be inserted on client object, that refers to press conference. You can see that it has that id = prCN.

This ID is what I would need to find for all 3d environment backgrounds generated by the game :)

<!-- press conference - covers entire screen -->
    <widget class="picture" id="prCN" file="backgrounds/press">
        <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
            <list id="get_properties">
                <record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PprC" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
            <integer id="set_property" value="Shwn"/>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

Edited by Danny_Pt

3 minutes ago, Danny_Pt said:

@snowofman This is what I meant, about your reply to another thread (above). I noticed that on that thread you gave some IDs regarding the backgrounds of staff meeting and team meeting. They, apparently, could be found on section meta data. But I coudn't find them anywhere...unless I'm checking the wrong file.

PBAm - Staff meeting

TeMt - team meeting

i believe it these

And this would be an example of code to be inserted on client object, that refers to press conference. You can see that it has that id = prCN.

This ID is what I would need to find for all 3d environment backgrounds generated by the game :)

<!-- press conference - covers entire screen -->
    <widget class="picture" id="prCN" file="backgrounds/press">
                <record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PprC" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

ahh okay.

yea sorry i didnt remembered that.. but glad you found the answer.

15 minutes ago, snowofman said:

ahh okay.

yea sorry i didnt remembered that.. but glad you found the answer.

I did and I didn't at the same time :)

I couldn't find those IDs on section meta data xml file. So, I wanted to know if you could tell me where they are?

Or, if you could send me here your section meta data file, I can also look for them.

For some reason, mine doesn't have those IDs.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Danny_Pt said:

I did and I didn't at the same time :)

I couldn't find those IDs on section meta data xml file. So, I wanted to know if you could tell me where they are?

Or, if you could send me here your section meta data file, I can also look for them.

For some reason, mine doesn't have those IDs.

Thanks

The section meta data.xml has to be extracted from the default game files

skins\fm\sections

the id PBAm is in line 1026

i didnt look for the other, but i've attached the file for you

section meta data.xml

The ID's for ALL screens that show 3d backgrounds can be found in my client object browser file attached.

I literally do not see 3d backgrounds anywhere anymore :)

The level of immersion is immense as you can find real life images for changing rooms, meeting rooms, board rooms etc. Of course, you'll need to change the images (6 in total i believe) everytime you manage a different club. But it's well worth it.

This is how i play anyway.

Enjoy.

client object browser.xml

53 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

The ID's for ALL screens that show 3d backgrounds can be found in my client object browser file attached.

The level of immersion is immense as you can find real life images for changing rooms, meeting rooms, board rooms etc. Of course, you'll need to change the images (6 in total i believe) everytime you manage a different club. But it's well worth it.

Enjoy.

client object browser.xml 28.95 kB · 1 download

Thanks mate! Looks very useful! I’ll give a look at the code and try it.

Does this also change the European competitions draw backgrounds?

7 hours ago, Watson156 said:

@Danny_Pt

Would love to see some screenshots if you mange to get these to work. I've been struggling in getting some of these changed, so would love to see if you have any success.

I’ve managed to customise almost all 3D backgrounds except for pre match team selection and European competitions draw :)

I’ll post the code here today when I get home.

20 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

I left those as they are as I wasn’t offended by them.

Ok thanks !

Do you know the code or ID to change those ones? I saw an user here that could change the Champions League draw background, but I don’t know how he did it. 

16 minutes ago, Danny_Pt said:

Ok thanks !

Do you know the code or ID to change those ones? I saw a user here that could change the Champions League draw background, but I don’t know how he did it. 

Not looked into it (I’m not even sure if the draw screens use 3d backgrounds) but a lot of screens backgrounds can be changed by adding code to the panel that holds the information itself. I’ve done this method a fair bit with match panels.

You basically add a picture widget to the top of the panel’s code, that underlays (background) the rest of the panels code.

Alternatively, if the screen uses an actual image (graphic) for the background, which could be the case for the draw screens, you can find the graphics location and then change the image.

Edited by Tyburn

24 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Not looked into it (I’m not even sure if the draw screens use 3d backgrounds) but a lot of screens backgrounds can be changed by adding code to the panel that holds the information itself. I’ve done this method a fair bit with match panels.

You basically add a picture widget to the top of the panel’s code, that underlays (background) the rest of the panels code.

Alternatively, if the screen uses an actual image (graphic) for the background, which could be the case for the draw screens, you can find the graphics location and then change the image.

Thanks mate. I’ll look into it.

do you know how can I find the graphics location without FM resource archive? Because I cannot download it, since I’m playing the demo and not the final game. 

21 minutes ago, Danny_Pt said:

Thanks mate. I’ll look into it.

do you know how can I find the graphics location without FM resource archive? Because I cannot download it, since I’m playing the demo and not the final game. 

have you looked in the steam tools ? i'm not sure you need the full game to be able to get the RA.. but i might be wrong

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

have you looked in the steam tools ? i'm not sure you need the full game to be able to get the RA.. but i might be wrong

I did. You have to have the full game installed in order to download the resource archiver.

Any chance you tell me the codes or the ids of the European cups backgrounds? 

thanks!

3 minutes ago, Danny_Pt said:

I did. You have to have the full game installed in order to download the resource archiver.

Any chance you tell me the codes or the ids of the European cups backgrounds? 

thanks!

ahh okay, didnt know that.

and if i knew the id's i would gladly give them to you, but i don't

11 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Enjoy.

client object browser.xml 28.95 kB · 7 downloads

This code works perfectly! Thanks for sharing. I really wasn't able to tweak the pre-match team selection background, but this solved it 100%.

Regarding the European Cups draw (Champions, Europa Legue), could you post here the code, or an example of code, that I could put on client object, in order to change these backgrounds?

I'm not really an XML expert (at all), so I didn't understand so well what you said about creating a widget at the top of the panel's code.

If you can, in alternative, and if possible, could you post here the extracted background images for the european cups draw? That way I could replace them and place it on "My documents/Sports Interactive/ Football Manager 2023. Maybe that would also work.

I cannot use the resource archive, so I can't really extract the game files :\

Thanks

18 hours ago, Watson156 said:

@Danny_Pt

Would love to see some screenshots if you mange to get these to work. I've been struggling in getting some of these changed, so would love to see if you have any success.

Tyburn's client object file (that he posted above) replaces all the 3d backgrounds. It works perfectly. All you need is to replace the images, and voila :)

4 hours ago, Danny_Pt said:

Tyburn's client object file (that he posted above) replaces all the 3d backgrounds. It works perfectly. All you need is to replace the images, and voila :)

Perfect thanks, and thanks @Tyburn

Now to go looking for some new backgrounds!!

Edited by Watson156

On 23/09/2023 at 09:48, Tyburn said:

Enjoy.

client object browser.xml 28.95 kB · 10 downloads

Hi Tyburn

I noticed that there are still four 3d background scenes showing on pre-match. These ones marked on red.

Do you know how to change these?

I looked into your client object file and the section meta data file, but I cannot find these. I know that they use the pre_match_briefing_scene, but this is changed in your file, so I really can't figure out how to replace these 4 remaining 3d backgrounds.

prematch.png

9 hours ago, Danny_Pt said:

Hi Tyburn

I noticed that there are still four 3d background scenes showing on pre-match. These ones marked on red.

Do you know how to change these?

I looked into your client object file and the section meta data file, but I cannot find these. I know that they use the pre_match_briefing_scene, but this is changed in your file, so I really can't figure out how to replace these 4 remaining 3d backgrounds.

prematch.png

I’ve completely changed this section on my custom skin, so was not aware this was an issue.

Unfortunately, without looking into it, I am not able to resolve this for you.

I don’t have the time at the moment to actively “skin”, but if that changes, and I work out what’s happening here, I’ll let you know.

6 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

I’ve completely changed this section on my custom skin, so was not aware this was an issue.

Unfortunately, without looking into it, I am not able to resolve this for you.

I don’t have the time at the moment to actively “skin”, but if that changes, and I work out what’s happening here, I’ll let you know.

Ok thanks :) you helped a lot already.

Do you know, if by any chance, I change the values on the section meta data file, the changes will reflect in the game?

1 hour ago, Danny_Pt said:

Ok thanks :) you helped a lot already.

Do you know, if by any chance, I change the values on the section meta data file, the changes will reflect in the game?

Depends what you’re planning to do, but yes. I’ve edited the section meta data panel.

From memory though, any edits to this panel require you to reboot the game for changes to take effect I believe, not just the clear cache, reload skin route, as with normal editing of panels.

1 hour ago, Tyburn said:

Depends what you’re planning to do, but yes. I’ve edited the section meta data panel.

From memory though, any edits to this panel require you to reboot the game for changes to take effect I believe, not just the clear cache, reload skin route, as with normal editing of panels.

Yes, I have managed to get it working, and now yes, finally, no more ugly 3d backgrounds :)

There were a few sections, from section meta data file, that were still getting pre match briefing scene 3d background on pre match, as I showed you.

I added these to your client object file, and it worked.

Here's the code, if you want it. And thanks again for sharing your knowledge :)

Code to be added to client object (of course you have to change the picture name according to your backgrounds folder):

<widget class="picture" file="backgrounds/meeting away" appearance="boxes/custom/home/paper" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
                <record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacT" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<widget class="picture" file="backgrounds/meeting away" appearance="boxes/custom/home/paper" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
                <record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacP" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="paOI" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacS" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacR" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacK" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacH" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacN" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacC" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="pasn" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

Edited by Danny_Pt

• 5 months later...
Em 27/09/2023 em 07:25, Danny_Pt disse:

Yes, I have managed to get it working, and now yes, finally, no more ugly 3d backgrounds :)

There were a few sections, from section meta data file, that were still getting pre match briefing scene 3d background on pre match, as I showed you.

I added these to your client object file, and it worked.

Here's the code, if you want it. And thanks again for sharing your knowledge :)

Code to be added to client object (of course you have to change the picture name according to your backgrounds folder):

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacT" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacP" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="paOI" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacS" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacR" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacK" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacH" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacN" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="PacC" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

<record get_property="section" test_mode="equal" value="pasn" skip_if_null="false"/>
            </list>
        </attachment>
    </widget>

which of these codes is to change the background of the POST PARTIDA interview screen?