Add African Leagues

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not even sure if these are in the full fat game never mind the mobile game - at least based on full fm 22 which I have, you can only manage in South Africa.

I would absolute welcome more African and Arabian leagues, this area is very underrepresented in football manager. Scouting is probably a major issue blocking this.

• SI Staff

It is likely at some point in the future we'll continue to expand and grow the range of national leagues in the game, this is at least partially driven by interest and game sales within specific regions.

Em 23/08/2023 em 13:10, Marc Vaughan disse:

It is likely at some point in the future we'll continue to expand and grow the range of national leagues in the game, this is at least partially driven by interest and game sales within specific regions.

Does that mean Saudi might be a strong contender considering the interest has surely risen about that league?

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Hildor said:

Does that mean Saudi might be a strong contender considering the interest has surely risen about that league?

Not something I'd be deciding myself (just a designer/developer) ... long term possibly, although I think most people are viewing it as somewhat an oddity at present rather than a league they're likely to truly follow (I have however tuned the transfer system to take into account the (cough) expansive financial approach that the clubs in that league are taking).

1 hora atrás, Marc Vaughan disse:

Not something I'd be deciding myself (just a designer/developer) ... long term possibly, although I think most people are viewing it as somewhat an oddity at present rather than a league they're likely to truly follow (I have however tuned the transfer system to take into account the (cough) expansive financial approach that the clubs in that league are taking).

Oh no! So the crazy Saudi bids will be harassing our top players 😅

• 2 months later...

Not sure about anyone else but I don’t want to be playing as or coming up against Chicken Inn, Eleven Men in Flight, Botswana Meat Commission, Cape Coast Ebusua Dwarfs, Miscellaneous, Naughty Boys FC, Motor Action FC, FC Cuntum or Nyasa Big Bullets. All those are real African football team names for those who don’t know. 

15 hours ago, Hummingbird Saltalamacchia said:

Not sure about anyone else but I don’t want to be playing as or coming up against Chicken Inn, Eleven Men in Flight, Botswana Meat Commission, Cape Coast Ebusua Dwarfs, Miscellaneous, Naughty Boys FC, Motor Action FC, FC Cuntum or Nyasa Big Bullets. All those are real African football team names for those who don’t know. 

Personally, I think those names are hilarious and awesome. It would be cool to start a journeyman career at somewhere like "Eleven Men in Flight" and then try to move up from there. However, I appreciate the limitations within which the mobile developers have to work.

• SI Staff
On 13/11/2023 at 18:42, Leonardo-Wilson said:

Really poor from SI, just one league still is a JOKE

If enough people in a region play the game that improves it's chances of inclusion within our products, where there is little external interest in a nations leagues the chance is low without a lot of local people playing I'm afraid, obviously I hope long-term that the game will include the entire WORLD of football, but we're a fair ways off from that being possible (sorry) ... so at present we have to prioritize the areas that are most likely to be of interest to users.

On 15/11/2023 at 14:22, Marc Vaughan said:

If enough people in a region play the game that improves it's chances of inclusion within our products, where there is little external interest in a nations leagues the chance is low without a lot of local people playing I'm afraid, obviously I hope long-term that the game will include the entire WORLD of football, but we're a fair ways off from that being possible (sorry) ... so at present we have to prioritize the areas that are most likely to be of interest to users.

I do understand that point interest and potential sales is always paramount. However, it still doesn't explain how the likes of smaller nations such as Gibraltar and Latvia have been added, surely there is more interest in playing with the Egyptian and Moroccan leagues for instance (countries with larger football followings, as we all know one of those countries even reached the semis of the recent world cup) You can't tell me that there is more interest and sales potential in Gibraltar as opposed to Egypt?

I did see this thread: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/432016-which-of-these-leagues-if-added-to-the-next-version-of-fm-would-make-you-more-likely-to-make-a-purchase/ Which seems to suggest that there would some interest for more African leagues. While I praise SI for improving the licences (the UEFA competitions and particularly Japan which is not easy to get) there are still some areas that could do with improvement (the Indian Super league not being included is another example). While leagues can be added later on it's still quite disappointing to see many relatively stronger leagues (in relation to some leagues put into the game by default) being omitted each year.

• SI Staff
16 minutes ago, Truegunner said:

I do understand that point interest and potential sales is always paramount. However, it still doesn't explain how the likes of smaller nations such as Gibraltar and Latvia have been added, surely there is more interest in playing with the Egyptian and Moroccan leagues for instance (countries with larger football followings, as we all know one of those countries even reached the semis of the recent world cup) You can't tell me that there is more interest and sales potential in Gibraltar as opposed to Egypt?

I don't believe either of those leagues are present in the mobile game - if you have feedback for our other titles, please post that in the relevant forum.