Haaland - 100 goals plus? What to do?

Hi all,

Just into my second season now. Thinking it's time for a run on the title. But what's that I see? Haaland has 21 goals in his first 5 league matches of the season. That's flipping ridiculous and frankly there's not much point playing a game in which I have practically no chance of success due to Man City having a striker who is on course for (punches into calculator) 129 goals this season.

I know it's early days but still...

Anyway, here's my question: has anyone taken drastic measures (editor wise) to try to bring some realism back to this? I know I'm not the only one with a Super Haaland in their game. Would prefer not, but am tempted to give him a broken leg every year for the rest of his career haha!

Don't worry about it.  Just because Haaland is scoring ridiculous amounts of goals doesn't mean that City (or whoever he ends up playing for) get the wins they need for titles - often he scores his goals in hat-tricks.  In my first season he scored 57 in the PL - no idea how many in all comps, but City came second to Liverpool because City won big, but didn't win enough. Liverpool got the points; City got a massive goal difference.

I'm now in the 2028/29 season. Haaland has this record at City (PL goals):
image.png.a6a03c874f905fd3cfa078c257203571.png

City only won the EPL twice 2024/25 and 2025/26.

In the Haaland era so far EPL winners have been Liverpool x2, Man Utd, Man City x2 and West Ham (me) and the year I won Chelsea were runners up.

So goal-machine that Haaland is, it doesn't make his team invincible even to AI teams.

1 hour ago, rp1966 said:

Don't worry about it.  Just because Haaland is scoring ridiculous amounts of goals doesn't mean that City (or whoever he ends up playing for) get the wins they need for titles - often he scores his goals in hat-tricks.  In my first season he scored 57 in the PL - no idea how many in all comps, but City came second to Liverpool because City won big, but didn't win enough. Liverpool got the points; City got a massive goal difference.

I'm now in the 2028/29 season. Haaland has this record at City (PL goals):
image.png.a6a03c874f905fd3cfa078c257203571.png

City only won the EPL twice 2024/25 and 2025/26.

In the Haaland era so far EPL winners have been Liverpool x2, Man Utd, Man City x2 and West Ham (me) and the year I won Chelsea were runners up.

So goal-machine that Haaland is, it doesn't make his team invincible even to AI teams.

So basicly, in FM he is the real life version of Lukaku :p  Never scoring in important matches and getting your goal tally up by qualifiers against estonia en luxembourg

Read this a couple of times around the forums by now, but to be fair... Are those number really all that unrealistic? In RL, Haaland has currently scored 25 goals in 19 PL games (1 goal every 63' played) and 5 in 4 CL appearances (1 goal every 50').

21 in 5 is of course insane, but it's also just a 5 game sample size. The numbers @rp1966 posted are a much more reliable sample size, and are actually consistent with the craziness that Haaland is IRL