Match Engine : Please stop mocking us !!!!

I play this game since day one on the old CM

Through the years I sense an increase of unfairness in the ME regarding the number of shots AI needed to do to score opposite to human players.

this actual ME takes this rubbish ratios to a complete new level !

in football you can get from time to time a game that the opposition shots one time and score in the entire game , but when this occurs often something is off.... this is one aspect very annoying

Another negative thing is the miraculous last 15 minutes as I call it ... sometimes you are completely smashing the oposition in stats or even in score and all of sudden the games turn 180º and you are wining 3-0 and you get 3 goals against or even 4 and you loose . not so rare I am afraid.

One other thing are the yellow and red cards without agressive tackling : just ridiculous

Other thing : away games are somehow overrated in my opinion to difficult or almost impossible to win in Anfield or Etihad for example and even at home Liverpool or City the wins are very rare , too much in my opinion. if I play with a very strong team to the results should be balanced but they are not. it seems they have extra bost every game .

with Many years playing the game I find this ME rather ilogical, unfair or even cheaty don't mind me saying 

Truly think the developers need to get back to basics. To many new so called features every year has pretty much backed them into a corner. The ME is now that over complicated that adjusting one thing sends off triggers down the line . 

4 minutes ago, alian62 said:

Truly think the developers need to get back to basics. To many new so called features every year has pretty much backed them into a corner. The ME is now that over complicated that adjusting one thing sends off triggers down the line . 

If only that wasn't a thing in real-world football.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, ricrpor said:

I play this game since day one on the old CM

Through the years I sense an increase of unfairness in the ME regarding the number of shots AI needed to do to score opposite to human players.

this actual ME takes this rubbish ratios to a complete new level !

in football you can get from time to time a game that the opposition shots one time and score in the entire game , but when this occurs often something is off.... this is one aspect very annoying

Another negative thing is the miraculous last 15 minutes as I call it ... sometimes you are completely smashing the oposition in stats or even in score and all of sudden the games turn 180º and you are wining 3-0 and you get 3 goals against or even 4 and you loose . not so rare I am afraid.

One other thing are the yellow and red cards without agressive tackling : just ridiculous

Other thing : away games are somehow overrated in my opinion to difficult or almost impossible to win in Anfield or Etihad for example and even at home Liverpool or City the wins are very rare , too much in my opinion. if I play with a very strong team to the results should be balanced but they are not. it seems they have extra bost every game .

with Many years playing the game I find this ME rather ilogical, unfair or even cheaty don't mind me saying 

As we've said on many occasions, the match engine does not distinguish between the AI and the User managed teams. The AI has exactly the same tools within the match engine as the human manager - so if you only have eight shouts from the touchline, so do they. 

In FM23 the AI will be much more likely to alter their tactics when in a losing position or chasing the game. If you're winning 3-0 and the opposition make a comeback, you very much want to look at what changes you make to counteract this. Just sitting on a tactic because it was previously working isn't a great strategic approach when your opposition has made changes.

The balance of yellow and red cards in game compared to real life figures is largely accurate, but as always we work to maintain the balance of the engine with what's seen IRL. 

Away games at big clubs generally are difficult. A strong team at home will likely set up to overpower the opposition with an attacking brand of football. You will need to find a way to counter their approach. 

8 hours ago, enigmatic said:

I do wonder whether any of the people complaining that sometimes they take more shots than the opposition to score have ever watched a game of football before :D 

Stop wondering ....?