FM TOUCH RIPOFF!!!

So, after a year without FM Touch, the only way to get this year’s version is to buy an Apple Arcade subscription at 4.99 per month or £59.88 for a year - what a joke!!!

The selling point is if you get a subscription you can play other games.  Don’t they realise for a lot of people (like me) the reason we played FM Touch is because we don’t have time for the full game, let alone play other games!!!!

I wouldn’t mind betting a lot of Touch players are older FM fans (again like me), who have less free time these days.

This is not the way to treat fans, especially if like me, you have been playing since way back when the series started back in the early 90’s.

Surely, a better option would have been to sell on the App Store at a higher price say, £19.99 so still cheaper than the full version.

Unfortunately, SI Games seems more interested in Corporate links rather than its fan base!!!!

13 minutes ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

I would agree but having played 10 minutes of FMT23 on my iPad I will happily pay £60

I’m inclined to agree. I don’t really like full fat FM anymore - too much like a job. FMT23 on iPad is really good, just needs the bugs sorting.

Apple One is pretty decent value too. I was already paying £10 a month for music. For £17 a month you get TV, Arcade, News, Fitness and Cloud storage. 

2 hours ago, ianclark said:

So, after a year without FM Touch, the only way to get this year’s version is to buy an Apple Arcade subscription at 4.99 per month or £59.88 for a year - what a joke!!!

The selling point is if you get a subscription you can play other games.  Don’t they realise for a lot of people (like me) the reason we played FM Touch is because we don’t have time for the full game, let alone play other games!!!!

I wouldn’t mind betting a lot of Touch players are older FM fans (again like me), who have less free time these days.

This is not the way to treat fans, especially if like me, you have been playing since way back when the series started back in the early 90’s.

Surely, a better option would have been to sell on the App Store at a higher price say, £19.99 so still cheaper than the full version.

Unfortunately, SI Games seems more interested in Corporate links rather than its fan base!!!!

Entitled much?

SI Games are a business. They already told us last year that making FM Touch had become economically unviable.

signing up with Apple to make the game an exclusive to Apple Arcade made it economically viable again.

The options were Touch on Apple Arcade (which by the way also has a number of other excellent games) or no FM Touch at all. There was no secret option C.

Oh, there is potential negative side for the game to be arcade. It is likely, not 100% sure, that in a year we all loose access to FMT23, independently if there is FMT 24 in Apple Arcade or not.

I say this, because, SI sells FM in yearly licensing basis. 

4 minutes ago, grade said:

Oh, there is potential negative side for the game to be arcade. It is likely, not 100% sure, that in a year we all loose access to FMT23, independently if there is FMT 24 in Apple Arcade or not.

I say this, because, SI sells FM in yearly licensing basis. 

The last 2 years NBA games are still available in Arcade

38 minutes ago, bbuullddoogg said:

The last 2 years NBA games are still available in Arcade

But licensing is different between two games.

It has been said here one more occasion, that FM is granted a year of licensing, meaning with each new iteration is release, the old one isn't sold.

Don't go any further. FM 22 on Gamepass, was taken down on November 7th and new FM 23 Console was available the next day (on its release day). I see that FMT 23 will suffer the same fate when FMT24 is going to be release (if SI does do this version again.

Edited by grade

20 hours ago, ianclark said:

Not entitled at all - just think this method is unfair to people who only have time for FM Touch - why pay more for a reduced version of the full game that’s all

It’s not “unfair” at all. You’re just not Apple’s target market for Apple Arcade, and FMT wasn’t profitable without Apple’s intervention.

2 hours ago, TopToffee said:

It’s not “unfair” at all. You’re just not Apple’s target market for Apple Arcade, and FMT wasn’t profitable without Apple’s intervention.

I think, personally, that is half true. Touch wasn't profitable, because it came a time (past 5 or so years), SI didn't have any interest in it.

The last year's cancellation of Touch, wasn't really a shock. The writing is on the wall. This year's late release of features and what not... almost 4 days before release, makes all too weary about any sort future to Touch (haven't seen the recent screenshots, because why would I look at screenshots, when I have the bloody thing). And if they cancelled, this time there is no way to keep the game due to Arcade limited time depends on licensing SI has.

What shock me last year was the lack of respect for who play Touch, specially how Miles announcement was too corporate and not posting it himself.

Again, I said this, if they only announced FMT23 it will only have Match Engine, Graphics Engine and roster team updates, about at the least 10 days before, I would be okay with this. Releasing 4 days, not so much.

Edited by grade