Wingback and default instructions

Hi everyone,

I would like my wingbacks - in my 3-5-2 tactic - to stay really wide WITHOUT the ball to stretch the opposition shape and then WITH the ball cut inside the pitch.

To translate this instructions on FM, I can easily position him wider with the option Stay Wider but when he has the ball, looking at the instructions, all the roles in the has the active instruction RUN WIDE WITH BALL in opposition to CUT INSIDE WITH BALL (not selectable). So it's not possible to replicate what i would like to do.

Any workaround? Is possible to cancel the default instruction somehow? Or, does the player instruction cut inside with the ball overwrite the role instruction run wide with the ball?

image.png.ad57711469946f5e55c9237b381178c9.png

It's always these little things. SI are way too rigid in how they see things in football, especially roles, that there's very little room for customization with some positions/roles. 

I was also about to suggest using a Fullback, but I know that might not be what you're looking for, as you seem to be playing  a back 3 formation.

Try training a cuts inside player trait. It won't cancel out the PI completely though.

Edited by (sic)

I play a lot the IWBs. In possession they move inside the pitch, becoming a kind of CMs. They don't stay wider and cut into the middle as I wish :)

Thanks anyway guys!

8 minuti fa, Johnny Ace ha scritto:

Yeah, but they might still be pretty wide, worth a try, I think it's about as good as you'll get 

Schermata 2022-11-02 alle 19.10.21.png

On 03/11/2022 at 02:13, desmond91 said:

I play a lot the IWBs. In possession they move inside the pitch, becoming a kind of CMs. They don't stay wider and cut into the middle as I wish :)

Thanks anyway guys!

Schermata 2022-11-02 alle 19.10.21.png

It's move in the half space