The Undeniable Talent of Eastern Europe & The Balkan States : FM23 Edition

Hoarau

360-F-111647141-4h-Ci-XGCMJBx-Nj-Et1-Jt-

balkans-southeast-europe-countries-flags

Nothing like a copy a paste job from the Nordic League thread eh!? To be fair though this has been a thread I have always wanted to start as FM through the years has been laden with amazing players coming from the leagues within these countries and sometimes I feel they don't get enough credit. For this thread i was to learn about all type of players, from young prospects to battle hardened veterans, they all have their worth in FM 23.

Par with the course, a slight disclaimer is needed. I, like many others, tend not to play all in FM saves in England or even at "larger" clubs so a lot of these players may very well not be up to your usual standards. But for some people these players can prove very valuable within our squads, also I've decided not to just limit it to those whose nationality is from one of the above nations but anyone playing their football in the leagues above as there are a number of quality African and South American players who really are worth a look.

I'll be using the below layout when i post players to try and give as much info as possible, if you feel there's anything i haven't included or obviously missed just let me know.

Player Name : 
Position : 
Value & Asking Price : 

0x0-galatasaray-transfer-haberi-cimboma-

Player Name : Dion Drena Beljo
Position : Striker
Club : NK Osijek

Value : £3m

Asking Price : £6m-£8m

beljo.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorin-Cartu-presedintele-Universitatii-C

Player Name : Octavian Popescu
Position : LW
Club : FCSB

Value : £3m

Asking Price : Under £5m

popescu.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

k-23079374-640.jpg

Player Name : Martin Baturina
Position : CM/AMC
Club : Dinamo Zagreb

Value : £5m

Asking Price : £8m-£10m

bart.png

** Will updated with in game screenshots and player information **

Edited by Hoarau

How good is Enes Sali, 16yo Romanian midfielder at Farul Constanta? Made his international debut at 15!

Other players to consider perhaps based on my Dinamo Zagreb save in 21-22:

Aleksander Kahvic (Red Star Belgrade, may be on loan at Maccabi Haifa) - Bosnian striker.

Strahinja Erakovic (Red Star Belgrade) - Serb centre-back.

Dragan Stoisavljevic (Vozdovac) - Serb forward.

Edited by dothestrand

25 minutes ago, dothestrand said:

How good is Enes Sali, 16yo Romanian midfielder at Farul Constanta? Made his international debut at 15!

Aleksander Kahvic (Red Star Belgrade, may be on loan at Maccabi Haifa) - Bosnian striker.

Erakovic is very good, probably the biggest talent in the Serbian league in Fm23.

Sali looks good for his age and seems to have potential but he's got 12s for everything important so seems a little ill-defined and generic; young Romanian league players always seem to be rated very cautiously for their technical attributes, imo. 

Will post screenshots when I get chance (unless someone beats me to it!). 

17 hours ago, dothestrand said:

Screenshots for Erakovic and Sali; former very good, latter possibly has good potential but very little stands out at the start of the game:

erakovic.thumb.PNG.cff8870e6f2d0fa05d7832068e4b58d1.PNGsali.thumb.PNG.ea9fdc2e8ffa9bd126966159a7185354.PNG

Don't have the Serbian league loaded so other 2 mentioned aren't on my save

Couple of more obvious ones but thread would be incomplete without them, imo:

Player Name : Josip Sutalo
Position : Central Defender
Club : Dinamo Zagreb

Value : £10 - 15m

Asking Price : ~£13msutalo.thumb.PNG.283d003e2ab3475ccd585731559ff15d.PNG

Player Name : Arda 'Juan Roman' Guler
Position : The purest of number 10s
Club : Fenerbahce

Value : £8 - 10M

Asking Price : ~£9M

guler.thumb.PNG.0e87d7988e29c56a5abcf163a1d48020.PNG

Bit of an experiment in how the engine can handle a player with outrageous natural gifts but entirely lacking the ability or inclination to run. If it's anything like the FM22 one, imagine the answer is 'not very well at all' but expect he'll still rack up assists from corners and free-kicks. 

Edited by fidelitywars
duplicated screesnhot

Well happy that this thread has been welcomed, the leagues along with the Nordic ones I don't think get enough credit or attention, most people will go with what they know in Europe or raid South America(although i say that almost negatively i have given thought to making a thread for those leagues as well as there's some serious talent down there that isn't necessarily Brazilian or Argentinian). I'm going to keep these as active as i can with any talent i find, here's a couple more i like the look of...

75h0m.jpg

Player Name : Marquinhos
Position : Striker
Age22
Club : Ferencvarosi TC

Asking Price : £1.5m-£3.3m

marq.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0716159001652425607-1752680-920x517.webp

Player Name : Noah Sonko Sundberg
Position : DC
Age 26
Club : Levski Sofia

Asking Price : £1.5m - £3.2m

noah.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despodov-1.jpg

Player Name : Kiril Despodov
Position : AMRL
Age25
Club : Ludogorets

Asking Price : £650k - £6m

kiril.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1659170205-Kings-Kangva-550x360.jpg

Player Name : Kings Kangwa
Position : MC
Age23
Club : Red Star

Asking Price : £550k - £5m

kings.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20285695-1-jpg-pwrt4.jpg

Player Name : Aissa Laidouni
Age25
Club Ferencvarosi TC

Asking Price : £450k - £4m

aissa.png

On 29/10/2022 at 15:58, Welshace said:

On a free:

xOPhTY7.png

I'm sitting top of Ligue 2 with Bordeaux and this guy has stepped up in place of my injured captain and formed a solid partnership next to Mangala, his vaule has also rocketed up to nearly £3m. Great wee addition on a free. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/10/2022 at 13:55, Hoarau said:

20285695-1-jpg-pwrt4.jpg

Player Name : Aissa Laidouni
Age25
Club Ferencvarosi TC

Asking Price : £450k - £4m

aissa.png

Not to try and sound like one of these young'uns but like the TikTok kids says... the above guy can only be described as a "baller" today against Denmark

Looked great, dynamic, determined... legs/lungs for days and love the battle. New cult hero for me, looked class. 

Just about to start a new save tonight and he will be my first signing juat to see if he is anywhere close to the player i saw today. 

So i started a save where I want to win the top 10 leagues in Europe (except from Russia ofc). Then started with the worst team in the top tier Serbia. Mladost Lučani who were predicted 16th out of 16. I ended up in 3rd place but that's not important. However they had some really good prospects in the team. Remember that this is screens _after_ the first season and they have all been regular starters for me.

bSYzOm0.png

- Nikola Jojić is one of the best in the team when you start the save. I played him as a winger on the right side.

Irp7ZNp.png

- Đorđe Gordić is another promising player. Ajax came and bid for him in January so I guess that says he has a lot of potential. I played him as an Advanced Playmaker most of the time but sometimes as an Inside Forward (At) on the left.

k9bbp4M.png

- And what to say about Uroš Sremčević. The guy was a beast for me. Leagues top scorer with 30 goals in 33 starts and just turned 17 at the end of the season. He outscored all players from Red Star and Partizan. I played him as an Advanced Forward and he just couldn't stop scoring.

I have no idea what these players will cost you but they should all be pretty cheap and I think you at least should scout them at the start of your save.

Edited by patrikholm