The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading through these great posts and seems like an awesom community im going to give this challenge a go..Thinking possibly england as my 1st go. ill try and pick a team no one has used this year as yet

2 minutes ago, reggaeboy81 said:

After reading through these great posts and seems like an awesom community im going to give this challenge a go..Thinking possibly england as my 1st go. ill try and pick a team no one has used this year as yet

Welcome! England can take a while to slowly work up the leagues, but it's very rewarding when you have success. Enjoy! :) 

Ifeanyi Ubah FC: 2024/25 Season Review

A season that nearly delivered promotion but a handful of critical defeats saw us pipped to the Promotion play-offs on the final day of the season. Our cup campaign was halted quite empathetically by a team in the top tier.

lge25.thumb.jpg.ae2cab93ce2e9ba4b9e6039902976a7c.jpg

Player stats were looking but ended up taking a hit when our league form crashed towards the end of the league campaign.

stats25.thumb.jpg.7f50cfa15f6cd8f7c112c561ec6ddba1.jpg

Our youth intake was pretty terrible which is a concern as we've got no great quality outside of our first XI. Only 3 recruits were taken on.

yth25.thumb.jpg.ab71f9bfc40c265fd46c195742d8e2e8.jpg

Transfers

xfers25.thumb.jpg.12f659737e8c10e1643b7934cd6e1521.jpg

Season history

hist25.thumb.jpg.d5b85318e7dd7c748952e9235f395c9d.jpg

Aim for next season

• Clinch promotion to the Premier League
  • Try and limit the debt was getting worse.
  • Commit our best players to long term deals.

39 minutes ago, reggaeboy81 said:

England is incredibly hard, but the most rewarding IMO.

Good luck it will be a long old marathon but worth it.

21 minutes ago, Barnsley said:

England is incredibly hard, but the most rewarding IMO.

Good luck it will be a long old marathon but worth it.

Good luck with it. I did my first attempt at the challenge there this week. Lasted 10 seasons. It's very competitve. Trying Portugal now.

Season 1 - Atletico CP - Campeonato de Portugal - 11th

In our first season the media predicted we would come 59th with odds of 78-1. Hmmm, this doesn’t sound like England - it’s been a while since I managed abroad. In the (old - it was updated in 2021) league, there are 4 groups of 16 with the top 2 of each league going into the playoffs. 2 out of 72 teams get promoted, and 5 out of 16 in each league get relegated. This might take a while. Anyway, we had a solid season, finishing just above the relegation zone but by a number of points. Our star player tore his cruciate ligaments in the first game of the season. I’ve been much more careful with finances and they are actually increasing. In the income page there’s some mysterious “Other” of 50k going into our account each year.  I’ve enjoyed the season - there’s a lot less game than in England - 34 league games and only 1 cup.

ZJGRqqAHVjzMlwWsVbVSrJ3r6toFB2VNGoybcWqi83bKUZ7QdzlYlx1Fx6peYELmmU829OOXdcaXTe18ub7KLlwmyZUHmWiyS6AMtSeQJLQgzehsYxsUgy5dW0rompKMj8vaKcr4Y2QRPOzirlLCRLs

We got a crazy youth intake (see below), so I might promote most of them up to the first team squad next year and have them for squad rotation. Some good young talent in the original squad as well. Basic training facilities might harm us in the short run.

vbMS_V_5B3qNQNMRk5iwkm10Q1gn2z3d2SDasj1qCetNIHemEs3aUm-Kfh1HhhF61IQzWba23zCl3lLrLiEPz5uzyoONuuQG8KSQwU7D9Z0xiR7cjRa3N9wHME_iWNiTG5VhKhuXTuwoNm37WksoEls

I've never had anything like this before - there are more 5 star players than shown. I think it's probably more to do with the fact that our squad isn’t that strong. But our youth recruitment and academy coaching are really good for this level. I’ve never managed in Portugal before so it’s hard to gauge the level. Out of the three Leite is clearly the most talented - he’ll be retrained into a central midfielder as I have plenty of talent at right back. I really like the look of Dantas as a defender. Could be a possible future club captain and mentor.

vjsTav5IgTkqd0uq5UlwOR7M8oLir89WKMYDee3jhuLMMG2om-GfNE7toIz8-hS_IpimM2uKjWmcV5yoXK291ww0MokOYDyPzih7cjDGg5qeSbypouvV0Vq2uds4Jlt3m2qmnfivL8qlCp6_bqcmmDA

I-7SeJKNtSnjJoCLF_uN1f6Ki8GFFg1YiEM4ZuQH-Jgf9R_c_OWPj2ebdsYOqgcwJO6Y56M7MtTkIurJNifqU7Tp77K0AerCil2N252__1M6ZnZZtcoB5GemLmhuAiGF9gOYhBhfiVl_SRI7SM9dElM

KZ49T1J3XapyrLEJPkrNcSgGzXX2M_0e5oyRvOMmJTv7HIaAs3pJh_OnBc0BZe4lJAqNg-ZtT5djoI21XSqVGSKxVP5tWqRE5uZM3EjFZqwK_CmrVXFHXC6eLucUvzzge0zbrm0el6Bq9yrW-PXYQs4

MIPKnJC8eFR3JO6m7FdczFT05RAa8CQ9VmAotHC5q7_Hr83kNhSj_YIkz-jiZMpKqxH-s3YQAN4-FrBfW9qGjaynpjWvsgGbcYomHfOYs56IVcxDtP1qRe53b6E8CndY5TQLpLu0HMem7ehWeHmWqGw

Wah Gwaan to Hitchin Town's first ever Jamaican Manager

Media Prediction = 21st                   odds of 50/1

Training Facilities = Basic

Youth Facilities = Basic

Youth Level = 4

Junior Coaching = Fairly Basic

Youth Recruitment = Fairly Basic

Lets see how long I last lol

manager.png

stats.png

Press.png

hist.png

team.png

Wow, the great escape is well and truly on, we are back in the mix!

After 22 games we had 9 points, Huddersfield in 17th had 23!

I switched from the 532 that had stopped our rot, but then turned into a dreadful way of playing we couldn't do a thing, to a 4231 positive. and we have managed to win 4 in a row. 

We are back in there! 

image.thumb.png.c35699f1c0c35a7bcf502dbd592c69a7.png

1 minute ago, P O\'D said:

I wish there was instant results on fm23, my season has kinda descended into a nothing fest and being able to get through it quicker would be a huge boost..

Several skins have it. I'm using FME - Zealand:

image.thumb.png.01f7f58fd9cbe5f6e8447e86a77bdc03.png

Season 2 - Atletico CP - Campeonato de Portugal - 6th

This season we I came 6th in the league. Given there’s 4 leagues, does that mean I came 24th or thereabouts? The media predicted us to come 51st with odds of 64 - 1. It was almost a carbon copy of season 1. We started well, and looked like we might push for the playoff, then our star player got a 9 month injury (this time a damaged spine) and we couldn’t win a game. Finally, we turned it around storming up the league to mid-table. The star player has an interesting contract. He’s on an amateur contract which has expired, and it says he has retired from amateur football. I can’t offer him a proper contract, and other teams can’t either, but he can play. Given he’s had two 9 month injuries maybe it’s best I don’t again.

I've also been following the finances a lot more carefully following the failure in the previous attempt. The board agreed to upgrade every facility this year, which was great news. Unfortunately, we’re now losing money, as the youth set up increased in cost from 20k a month to 60k. Does that mean that once you get the facilities upgraded then the clock starts ticking on finances? You need to get promoted soon to get extra income or the debt becomes a problem.

K-RidluYlKEfUGbpmX1oMh1VGk6FHE6vvMblXd4wRxvAr1E7exyoOj5bqnPxZmQt7osG5WLO_29qKMr0DkeoZ41bTzTcmAinXOn2i7Xe0aa7x5fBih0D9Za8tm93EKkmEXdBlePxZAoX4mZt2JZl9Rg

Vitor Leite from last year’s intake is already our best player, and I ended up keeping him as a left back. Some prospects in many positions, but no good strikers coming through yet to replace Caramelo.

0saeDWZ6zz1tOdGL8ZBMoy5qEfNwoELNxsEHAQkEBNTQoLOrLVKNE3YgVXq8dkDHCfBOf1L44Mk9Y8k4154luVyWJnbVNxkHDL3ofJee0BnSMxBH5dB_urEZlEi6pQLnKrHlXvwtut428UFUWBDw8C4

No a great youth intake. Those stars say more about the quality of my team than the quality of the intake.

15DbkxHHGZccXiJeBP8JqYWsYQoLbyn8mXtlgpqAhzkm0wkyrOcRn2XQnMZR0KuQ5e_E57U3e72bg8G-7rVkqNI9mdYJHNubCsoRrSjnx8uJOEjHdfIZlczFLL8Q68XRNIk2hRw9QmaTjvRVxeM-AZ8

uQuAfqwSy3nEc-1mhzF_p1DRGhf4u61p4n3O0qqqZ-fmCsm2X84CKNSDxrwAm22drkAMf2G5TEfq-a_r4If-I9vU-2vLHPfrDi_Y7ceTsEGnYeA7ZyNjfzpYKXn5wox6TggdGx5uJ_vmRm3uxMEBRVQ

0jwdTn2Rn7yQNne9w3i2WlU8132Sp5XZ6-daLXyKNDDZmHbREsM0hz0cKf-zHg4WU6hPsAODL1C7KJ5DdHljovCQmaPYrpN4RpkumAwHnmJdEJG2YYYce12QFShoaLZZec8QV8M8md56y45KLbGfWu8

I'm halfway through the third season now. I've upgraded all the facilities. However, we are starting to lose money quickly - around 600k a season. I guess this is normal, but what will happen when this debt becomes larger and larger? One possibilty will be the board injects cash but what if they don't? I'm probably still 2 - 5 seasons from getting promoted.

Am bored at work, so I'm looking at some of my fm spreadsheets to pass the time.

I was checking one of my player and noticed that he'd grown taller and heavier over the year(177cm to 178 and 58kg to 63kg). Firstly, never knew that happened, that's a nice touch. During the same time he's improved his strength by 3 points, jumping reach with 1 point and pace and acceleration with 1 point. So basicaly our training program consists of stuffing our players with protein and send them to the weight room.

Now I was wondering about the relation between the two and how the game does this. Does the game simulate growth in a young player and improve the physical attributes accordingly? or is it the other way around? If the player improves his strength attribute that it changes his weight and/or height?

Doesn't really matter in the long run, I suppose, but I got curious.

2 minutes ago, leyrtj said:

I'm halfway through the third season now. I've upgraded all the facilities. However, we are starting to lose money quickly - around 600k a season. I guess this is normal, but what will happen when this debt becomes larger and larger? One possibilty will be the board injects cash but what if they don't? I'm probably still 2 - 5 seasons from getting promoted.

I'm in portugal too. I have had zero aprovals on facility improvements so far due to the financials. So far the board has injected money into the club to keep the debt from spiraling out of control.

The worst thing that can happen is that they will cut your wage budget to a point that you can't keep around your best players. They will also agree to deals for your players for far too little.
in my experience a bit of debt is surviveable, but it can be frustrating.

2 minutes ago, karax268 said:

I'm in portugal too. I have had zero aprovals on facility improvements so far due to the financials. So far the board has injected money into the club to keep the debt from spiraling out of control.

The worst thing that can happen is that they will cut your wage budget to a point that you can't keep around your best players. They will also agree to deals for your players for far too little.
in my experience a bit of debt is surviveable, but it can be frustrating.

In my first season we actually made money and had half a million in the bank, so maybe that's why they approved the deals. The cutting of the wage budget is a problem that might be coming. I'll try to put my best players on the longest contract possible around February.

Portugal is really tough in the third tier. No playoffs, only top 2 make the promotion playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, leyrtj said:

In my first season we actually made money and had half a million in the bank, so maybe that's why they approved the deals. The cutting of the wage budget is a problem that might be coming. I'll try to put my best players on the longest contract possible around February.

Portugal is really tough in the third tier. No playoffs, only top 2 make the promotion playoffs. 

Not much more money in the league above I'm sad to report.

What I find the toughest is that there are no automatic spots. you can win the league stage by 20 points and still have to prove it in the promotion stage.

arras.jpeg.27e5145966fbfaebf3db527addaa1138.jpeg

Arras Season Review (24/25)

League: We finished on a respectable 7th place. We started really well, but finished really poorly. Ultimately we ended with the same amount of points as last season. Still, I feel I'm 1-2 players away from competing for the title.

Screenshot2023-02-22at18_50_25.thumb.png.b326dea593b0c442bc0905b77abdd38d.png

Cup: Copy/paste from last season. We made it to the 9th round where we were beaten by Lille (again).

Intake: Some more players to flesh out the squad. With the quality of the facilities, I would have expected better talent to come through to be honest. Still, I feel that we can field a respectable squad of youngsters and that's something.

Screenshot2023-02-22at16_09_40.thumb.png.79de93c5e7bab7140a0823919f965738.png

Baba Diouf: Professional personality who has a chance to take over the Shadow Striker position when he becomes 16.

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-02-22at16_10_02.thumb.png.1e93917f2bbcb1d037c812f05072372b.png

Julien Maillard: Bad personality and I don't use wingers at the moment...

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-02-22at16_10_37.thumb.png.e55e10201c49d7452c62b04c269aa8b9.png

Adrien Celerier: Is this my future striker? (Please grow a bit :-D)

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-02-22at16_10_55.thumb.png.d56031169d55addbb3c25f0788e05f00.png

Florian Bouton: Good Free Kick Taking, which may come in handy.

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-02-22at16_11_18.thumb.png.a8a10ae1d61c665c2a9207d839213df6.png

Next season: We need to replace three starters, of which my starting goalkeeper and my leading scorer/assist giver who retired. Let's hope the young'uns step up!

Other: Got my first badge!

Edited by Riebow

Season 3 - Atletico CP - Campeonato de Portugal - 10th

Thiis was a really good season in the context of the save. We finished a solid mid-table, with the media predicting similar, with odds of 52 - 1, which were slightly better than the year before. We were never in any danger of relegation, so in the last 10 games I started playing some of the youth players. I was also hoping that a lower finish would reduce board expectations for next year. Strangely, we lost in the first round of the cup, but still went through to the second round. Has anyone seen this before (screenshot below)? I’ve been checking the finances throughout, as this was a problem in the previous save at South Shields. Basically, we’re stuffed. We managed to get upgrades in all 4 categories, after getting upgrades in two of them last year. We now have Exceptional Youth Coaching and Excellent Youth Recruitment. My next intake might be really special. The board accepted the requests so they can’t be too worried about the money, and they injected some cash at the end of the season. In the Income page, I also saw they were doing some “Fundraising”. I'd love to see more options around managing the finances of the game, possibly with the option of having a Finance Manager if players don’t want to manage it.

XSVRqN3K2ypeknIpLHpe6HIQ5DKQv8DH6nM8ixror5g8po3zOpuVSMohinyqczbDPXI1sLBef7Y4X8sKKJCenw5FGNQGDHiwdKifm6J635nbsta_PyzdwdC5vsm8syLpFXct3i404OEU9d1beSmVoRs

Lost in the cup but went through to the next round...

V0AGtBHEyd7-PKVphyIvgrFOsNBjRf5isLRPf798Pt2W73Tzp5-uK1V12yboq2-0OtjRCHS8IqQx209ed404ZOHbwvCi-HAxr-0gokdVIoLtN9ML3r6KJW44OUqgcL69c-5nM7_NqdJ67EZ9T_PRqM4

Started to get some excellent strength in depth. It wasn’t until around season 8 when I saw this with South Shields. Lots of potential still needs to be realised so I am thinking a promotion push in 2 - 3 seasons. Still need a quality striker to come through. Leite is the best player at the club and has been unhappy all year as I keep turning down offers - he has a temperantal, volatile personality. If he was a right back I'd sell him as I have cover, but I don't have anyone to replace him. 

8BxDyMrD3j1CsNGYOgrB_FdwmYygRYIFxhbcUnXTQcG9QYQD_MO8FQ9gzUkW2hPfP5RngPSH_brOfsyHiF97G-F5bWXHSQXX-O_sgfGtyO2yIRVgJxFdZ77YM_41DSQOZxHMSImrRBJO9_8NfrVQ70g

Excellent youth intake, with two quality wingers especially Rui Martins, and a 4.5 star attacking midfielder.

kVAX22leO9nFWL83Iqnw7RlSsio4QcwWSs6om2YIS5rTPgcHdDTXxCfoZgZUZEKXRy5Ew9Xk98AzEjUCkilUYolz4KO7SM8258sQ21E-aIw6a3f-i-IKOYyW2ZXs0FEAqoEDm518-9Z153aMQ2zZ3JQ

rHsH6BVmHzRbG8_XDMVEsE3IrljOapvfi0-T5fnPJYkxp-EwlByvMy-Hx-XdKFiALF1IDrzqmAAxbNKHMdefYaVma4CjduH0Y-nZEBsl3CpIJm2wEss1BIBh93gVSFbXuquRcJlFr20j6v9yUaKki6I

R2_7HxwRQHtt4e1dWR5yrtueKT02JoZ6-yZO-9z1VBDFI1Flk6LN51a98jWqtpcfdvILQfGozw4Vzzpkg2NuUIEC2jowQzXVGq6ue1vxumedSKz4n8o65fsytS9iyT_oIYco5uOEBV5MXZ3NkQQvq3I

LUSk6zq2428C67_xfOaaW4CMTai-EWpDttETQEjnNd7GDMJ_ZclB74U871z9CG1V-VdrlLYPerssXMsaXRirW1qwc38wTtNJ8DP88MTZsW2zqIkjstcIWTYP9kUzQ-UFQOLDsO-nIBlKs-u6IhpnoRI

image.png

Pre-season complete, players are fit and rareing to go, we played average opponents to get the boys confidence up and faith in their manager. also managed to get the clubto accept my request to start my first badge. started with no staff at all, so meet the staff this season;

pre.png

ass man.png

dof.png

fit co.png

gk co.png

head pysio.png

hoy.png

scout.png

8 hours ago, leyrtj said:

remove all your scouts and staff that arent needed, and remove your scouting budgets to zero. and release all the players that you dont use or need. Suprised how much you can save by keeping it very tight for a few years. i also used some pre season friendly tournaments against bigger u21 teams, allowed me to get a bit of cash each season to tie me over for the season.

12 games, damn this is tough but so enjoyable!

after two defeats, i knew a 4-2-3-1 formation was to open so switched to a 4-4-2 and made ourselfs horrible to play against, defensive, tough tacklers.... a few tough losses but also some last minute draws and wins!

lge.png

res.png

Need some help. I just pulled the best player I've ever had in any game from the youth intake. How on earth do I stop the board accepting 30k for him like they did last summer for two really good talents? I'm in the third league of Portugal and am in a lot of debt. I guess when he goes the ideal scenario would be a decent top division Portuguese team with a sell on % who then sells him to a top European team for big money.  I'm still in shock. Never had anyone as good as this. 

qz1GuYDKcZjqnilhVGC_QwtENfhRltz6YnTDia-m42bP6TXbLN8NoMRghY0Xb9fD09wRjssCY_Tzl6uB4GqdKGJoOw4_FQ88vEkdsLarM3rp4cZI4l3fb786dsi0AEMIjAHMmtSg6bJKSLaSHxB9R68

4 hours ago, Barnsley said:

remove all your scouts and staff that arent needed, and remove your scouting budgets to zero. and release all the players that you dont use or need. Suprised how much you can save by keeping it very tight for a few years. i also used some pre season friendly tournaments against bigger u21 teams, allowed me to get a bit of cash each season to tie me over for the season.

Makes sense. Managed to trim some of the budget by doing that. The youth set up is still costing me over 100k a month which is far higher than anything else. The board are pumping money in every month. I can't seem to make any money from the friendlies. 

10 hours ago, leyrtj said:

Need some help. I just pulled the best player I've ever had in any game from the youth intake. How on earth do I stop the board accepting 30k for him like they did last summer for two really good talents? I'm in the third league of Portugal and am in a lot of debt. I guess when he goes the ideal scenario would be a decent top division Portuguese team with a sell on % who then sells him to a top European team for big money.  I'm still in shock. Never had anyone as good as this. 

qz1GuYDKcZjqnilhVGC_QwtENfhRltz6YnTDia-m42bP6TXbLN8NoMRghY0Xb9fD09wRjssCY_Tzl6uB4GqdKGJoOw4_FQ88vEkdsLarM3rp4cZI4l3fb786dsi0AEMIjAHMmtSg6bJKSLaSHxB9R68

My save is St Andreu in Spain. Spain requires a minimum release fee. When I signed my most talented youngsters I overpaid their wages (about 50%) to get a rediculous high release fee and a three year extension. I never had any board interference in my save. I don't know the exact game mechanic for board interference though. My point is that the release clause is often demanded by agents, but in the first negotiation of youth intake they don't have an agent yet. So you can make your weakness into a strenght. If you can negotiate 10M release your club will be ste for the future. I think clubs will pay it for this player.

Louletano Desportos Clube - Youth Intake 24/25

Louletanologo.png.c0a716fddf83cd75597703a8b9af1b17.png

05intakepreview.PNG.b34cfcb0daaf0cb2562b6aa91273936a.PNG

New HoyD, Same A’s. Let’s hope this one is more accurate in his estimation.

06YI.thumb.PNG.cba87b56ee2acbfc433ca342fd54be63.PNG06Attoverview.thumb.PNG.69a26cbdce892e949713f5cce259fcfd.PNG

Gonçalo Marques 2501 | Luís Montenegro 2502 | João Pio 2503 | João Machado 2504 | Nico Imesch 2505 | Fernando Ginja 2506 | Francisco Pardal 2507 | Luís Boiças 2508 | Adelino 2509 | Sandro Pinto 2510 | Carlos Queirós 2511 | Sérgio Rentes 2512 | André Dias 2513 | Paulo Filipe 2514 | Aleksandar Wenzl 2515 | Liam Gibson 2516

Not bad at all, even though the preview had me expecting more.

Off the field

05Portolink.PNG.b8b08010c03729c97bcf047668fbef88.PNG

To help with the finances I went in search of a senior affiliate. Porto offered the most, so here we are.

44 minutes ago, Ray46 said:

My save is St Andreu in Spain. Spain requires a minimum release fee. When I signed my most talented youngsters I overpaid their wages (about 50%) to get a rediculous high release fee and a three year extension. I never had any board interference in my save. I don't know the exact game mechanic for board interference though. My point is that the release clause is often demanded by agents, but in the first negotiation of youth intake they don't have an agent yet. So you can make your weakness into a strenght. If you can negotiate 10M release your club will be ste for the future. I think clubs will pay it for this player.

I did consider putting a release clause in but thought teams would still bid 30k and it would be accepted. I'll try that next time. Anyway, he went in January for 300k plus a 40% sell on. To a team 4th in the top league, so hopefully we make a few million on him in a few years. 

Season 5 - Atletico CP - Campeonato de Portugal - 5th

A solid season, finishing 5th. After making the playoffs last year, it felt a bit frustrating to fall away towards the end of the season. But we overachieved then, and 5th is probably a little above where we should finish - the media had us in 40th (10th?). There was a board takeover at the end of last season, but not much has changed and they continue to fund raise and inject money into the club. We have lost three of our best talents in the last 12 months, but they all have sell-ons so hopefully one of those will come good at some point. We lost Honrado in January for 300k plus 40% sell-on. There was just nothing we could do about it. He went to Vitoria Guimaraes who finished 3rd in Liga NOS, so I’m hopeful of a sell-on in 2 years. This is assuming he’s as good as I think he is.

6suPF2AVF_jFCbEucGRajUJJDUTcbRaz6R4mvFoKZjHGhwIaYeqB2ryFCiWQztSufnlJ70Pwcc9BJsdCRhJ8XKw7KBkOtNtgn56EE2aoYHC_C7ZYAbEQoM98Ns_mks9O56gN05gxgFhyaqKBkl-wCsA

The talent is starting to come through to the first team and the team looks much better than a year ago, but there are lots of fresh faces. I think Roque will be the next to go, as he is wanted by 13 clubs and won’t sign a new deal.

jHQElm1dhNuke61mbLQfBOyde67qOuRYd09ptR9l75vIag9SsZvKM6OhKLXnmli9xtKC3PITUXmV7pizBh6UgVIuopnQf-mdywnCSFDAGVgCZm-t__cMGPZbeysDtNNK4RqaeEL7JcwCR9p7mqiDrIs

A really solid youth intake with 5 very good prospects with good personalities. Marcos Guilherme went straight into the first team.

M2r2Lf-iL3LcOcXB403s3sX3mfrW8j1sEHJ67TmZxYFJhU_Xim458GQVELZwar49J6szfv9gv2hbj47Qx6DJfSzvhiUvBrdFj-0LunP9cwstCeLen7xt1DmPFShW4y7DI7jHir7I_8ZchYUq_4gaY2Q

lt3bnycMzUtUThp8A6H2q2HmKhCc05ymRmEmoha9iZKMmEXtylcJhwY_GsuPDEbJS0yLhl_Yep1gcpo8n4UwKEN2kAbY1yKtLtXZDjKjkZglionQy86F0Ze5uKo_4OUBrqrhkPcfFJccCgE-48Qz0KQ

USP6UDVe3YcTDiospNFOOxeatnfjk71Cz-4Xk2oo8ILXGnd7XPcVESOmhvSrdlfyiL4kYPq_ri029dAABVcFyxM2ONAyPJmJffskPI6oMym-zeF4GmzcSVzFA5-oVbxpDkzePvzXHpkAm8r7Ft1WNNk

Louletano Desportos Clube - End of season review 2024/25

image.png.3d4aa50289fce389b2cf4fb02c11bfca.png

League fixtures | Promotion stage Fixtures | Finances | Supporters | Transfers

Another amazing season! A bit soured by how it ended but an amazing run.

07leaguetable.thumb.PNG.098ad0faa6e4ac0bf49b69a560e3af0d.PNG

07protable.thumb.PNG.0993ff7d1fb0a9ba04ecea980cbc31e4.PNG

The cup

07cup.PNG.7b7a173bbd47b04ff907421d8eb2ada0.PNG

Out in the second round against same division opposition. Should have won, didn’t.

First stage

We opened well, had a little midseason dip and then finished strong. First place was never in doubt. On paper the same dominance we had last year, but the games felt closer and some wins were just luck. 

Promotion stage.

We won our first game and drew away. At this point I dared to dream. Also at this point it all came crashing down. We managed only one point in the next 3 games. Still, we had an outside chance to sneak a playoff spot on the last day (in fact, if results had gone a certain way all four teams could have ended on 8 points) but it was not to be. We were outclassed. onwards to next season.

The squad

Not much to say really. 
No standout performers. The topscorrer had 5 goals. most assists 6. Also all legacy players still. 
No Intake player has even seen the 1st team bench so far. 

Off the field

No changes to facilities, unfortunately. Board did not even grant a coaching course due to the financial situation.
The board has injected about 600K into the club to keep us near the black. For next season they are cutting the wage budget. 
I’ll need a cup run or some player sales to prevent things getting ugly after next year.

Next season

More of the same, please. But better.
I want to bleed in some of the youth players. We can’t keep relying on legacy players.

07endofseason.thumb.PNG.17e47e8c96e355bab249c05319205768.PNG

image.png.444556b1088f52679b2a6fb27443a94f.png

FC Elazig Spor Hamburg

Season 7 2029-30 Oberliga Hamburg (Tier 5)

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5 | Season 6 |

Competitions

League: 6 of 19 [Preview – 13/19 (300-1)]

We had a great league campaign and though we got the inbox message for a title-challenge we were very much that 2nd rung below the top pack. Works for me. We started 3 16 year-old players so while we had some inconsistency in the fall, we went on an amazing run undefeated From December to April when the team fully jelled. 

Spoiler

image.png.7d1ed5c75bde43ba6ca75aa2673f3703.png

image.png.55ef75c1276899db749c3ff1b5ac7faf.png

Cup: Runner Up!

With us finding our footing in the league I was actually able to focus on the cup for the first time and my prioritizing paid off as we made it all the way to the Final! We lost 2-1 to a much better Altona 93 side so we didn't get the spoils, but we did get the gate receipts for a 9,775 attendance match which was in the range of $30k.

Spoiler

image.png.202f3b03f7545a6c2a8cb8cc3f81c38b.png

image.png.ae68e056aa0693e6a0d1fe8c6322f522.png

image.png.52e989ea1fb329b47199c96b19aef53a.png

The structure of the Verbandspokals make it so the Hamburg Cup is actually one of the easiest to win. This DB has it set up correct where all teams from that region are entered into the competition (excluding Reserve Teams). What makes Hamburg so easy is we have no 3rd Liga teams and just 2 Regional Division (T4) teams in the competition. The rest is the teams in my Oberliga (T5) & then the 2 Hamburg LandesLigas (T6), so its basically a league cup for us:

Spoiler

image.png.fe74fdba1e8ca2650e62e93be6165e69.png

Most other Verbandspokal have 3-7 Regional Division Teams and 1 3rd Liga team in addition to their specific Oberliga & the feeder LandesLigas. Quickly looking through the 21 different cups I think only the specific South Baden Cup is easier as that region doesn’t have a dedicated Oberliga, just a Verbandisliga as it’s the weaker half of the combined Baden-Wurtemberg Oberliga:

Spoiler

image.png.f1a12fbe196ec12f83b8d913bbcbc761.png

Heres Wurtetemberg

image.png.07b45e3b0541dc1c11ee9aef3037b645.png

Basically, this means as my team matures we will more and more focus on the cup competition as getting promoted out of our division is very difficult (and I don't want to have what happened in LUX occur where an early relegation gets me fired)

Verbandspokal - Wikipedia & Hamburg Cup - Wikipedia

Squad:

I did a little formatting for my spreadsheet to showcase we have our first youth intake player who has breached 50 CA! Our very own Lower League Star Striker Mehmet Can who got 29 Goals in 40 games this season. He's slow but strong, smart and can finish, which is perfectly fine for a 19 year old striker. I also got him to agree to a 3+3 Year contract so I've locked down our most important player.

I should probably add age into my spreadsheet but that will happen when I'm in the mood to rework it (as I forgot Age in my export-view).

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a1aa5df02a0ecd76a6cadb40d73a034a.png

image.thumb.png.700965831b1d9caa5933af35489e9ff7.png

EDIT: Fiddled with the Excel some more to include Attribute categories and added Age height & weight into the dataset. Lots of Red shows we have a long way to go.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.90b7985cc2ea2b27a0d2cd5f9f13972d.png

Transfers:

A perk of the club having Turkey youth players is I can send my 18 year olds to the Turkey amateur leagues for loans. Even though they can get some dire ratings over there, the players actually are improving by significant amounts (especially mental attributes) way more than being just a rotation player for us (or playing friendlies in the U19). I brough one back early as our AMR. Yekta Ozuduz will be our playmaker next season and I'll be looking forward to sending more 18 year olds out and testing out my new batch of 16 year olds.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9aee1602105710e273a2a77082cab6fa.png

image.png.002ab53ee5e8d244fc8ced31b67d915a.png

image.thumb.png.a2ab6488d3b545e3fe2326235856e4af.png

Youth Academy

Youth Intake Preview:

Spoiler

image.png.61de9518796d5045f2d9e4eb6f751bd1.png

Youth Intake:

I’d say this was a pretty great intake. Certainly, I can tell this new HOYD favors finding quicker players while both my previous HOYD went for mental ability. For my counter-attack style I think this is a better attribute skew. I decided to take 9, which is a lot at this point.

Spoiler

image.png.f30da7b3d1507bb1f2f6aa6bc84e5252.png

image.png.d0126bb4a299b8073db122de54c83390.png

image.png.55be561bed340192ef9f352bfe5c25a6.png

YI Player Highlights:

Spoiler

First we got another Kaya who is a speedy guy (for us)

image.png.c5be63719b726c3ad25f6c4b49cc0bd0.png

Toplu has some good physicals for a CB but that’s about it…

image.png.6de7e1813e73ed17db834cacc69a486e.png

Merey has some great acceleration and personality 

image.png.28af5738b57f8e94f3896463878388d6.png

Shame about Boz’s personality cause he’s got a good set up. 

image.png.84ad829dde8ff1a9dc448c18c0ce498e.png

Academy Data:

Right at the end of the last season my HOYD got poached for the head coach position of a recently promoted side (ASV Hamburg). They made a good choice as he was able to keep them up against the odds, but it left us searching again for a HOYD. No natural HOYDs with remotely good personalities were available, but I found a U19 Head Coach who has a very solid spread of attributes. Considering the intake we got, have to say he did just fine.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7d003e772c246057af38e46a905c5cad.png

image.png.f701bd1bf1777afb2025ed8a063928ec.png

image.thumb.png.4164972672d57c41f43c10514c17d985.png

image.png.896694abff1de3c7ba92b8806e726f7a.png

Head Coach

Started my final coaching badge:

Spoiler

image.png.2f656ed27632e5be56688a5b36abd4d8.png

Club

Even though we are still broke I got the board to agree to a Junior coaching upgrade early in the season. At the end of the season when I renegotiated the season objectivies the board decided that we are a Youth-First club maxing out the requirement to develop youth players! I've capitalized on this with an additional JR Coaching upgrade as well as a Youth Recruitment Upgrade.

Also our performance in the Cup has bumped the Club Reputation up to 1.0*, which will be good to hold onto my developing youngsters.

Spoiler

image.png.a6c78f872629fdd4dee7fc231e279506.png

image.png.9c222b19e462a080f27ebbd17957b47e.png

image.png.e2c714aae47584f9b0e87e2805de671a.png

image.png.83b25267d76ec0adf7d810313e97ff70.png

image.png.54aa40a151193b6bfe34cc0915a0387b.png

image.png.583478d0fe6a0a6a6eb87ae8e2729954.png

image.png.d90f2c517e252d3c4c6231d8affc60da.png

Manager Thoughts

This was a great season. We really need to find more defensive players to bring through the academy as we have 1-2 more seasons till I will need to replace the final 2 legacy players in my backline. My goal is to get us a cup win before that happens to hopefully balance the budget to get more JR Coaching and YR Upgrades.

image.thumb.png.7b345495d99942f33ddc5693c15cf677.png

image.png.e2b2568b07d21ec6a9b92895ca2b4226.png

Edited by WhiteCat33

Season 6 - Atletico CP - Campeonato de Portugal - 1st (not promoted)

Another positive season. We went on a winning run in the second half of the season and finished top. We got through the quarter final on away goals with a late penalty then had to face the best team in the league in the semis (if you win the semis you get promoted). They robbed us 3 - 0 in the first leg, but we stormed the second leg. After going 2 - 0 up they scored a penalty and I thought it was all over because of the away goals. We scored again, then got a penalty, which we missed. Then scored again but it was too late. The excellent dynamics you get in this save mean the team will often come back into matches. We are not ready to go up yet, so maybe another season or two at this level is good. Out odd of 34 - 1 had us predicted to finish mid table.

yWhXOAIV4p1Wb-Z52vc_Ji-scKs93aBxSnt4nWc98C02Eg-9x3qw9ICTs8cYz6EO-tgdBn49IMVgEwyxi12its96FPZVg9hToLBv-GPOyz0EIUyVbBkgAnjWf7VVqspSsZLcKJDXvuM4kcHvkHXiHKI

We're starting to put together a really good spine of a team. All signed new contracts at the end of the season, s o hopefully we can keep the team together for another two seasons at least. We even got a Brazilian left winger through the youth intake which we desperately needed. The player development reports are starting to say some of the players are Top Division talents, meaning the youth academy is doing extremely well. 

TVDQ-KeXonsLs8_cfu-kImHzK_vxS5ARa0F91UeZ2F_zdOvm0m6u5bRWUx-CSc1QZ9SS10wQwFydOQf_H33zY1BPoMIpbIFMMcVhz4uuFUV7hN9w8B7xDGNYUPJQHJmeBI0xiOhfb7WpA_SGIWxOCvM

Another decent youth intake with good players and personalities in important positions. I play attacking wingers so Augusto could be key.

y6j-nZsVPHo6TFlSAl5inwZ2ZbnhhyAmPalPvvQgen5W06x4cWUiGMScgEvuHA27K_4KGeBSQfSvoj0oS8SYL0fu4GO0RWUX38CcVvqsP4SYpujQAo_gNX-LCp87alv-bnS4JpsVeolm9mg0jj7-BFI

N7OOhHeNXYgTT69VIfViMHNqVzx4_boq-MF_4ifGwi0BsI9sowUWaclpjyARNcPCZ4-Kc-6KjeDsSSFbIjAdu64PWYReknqn07zdMv6O2l83wcoYUBsVPcDHK_reDDSJsSywOiRHStyJ5bNGgj4xPKg

QN27vyyNzwy5cinlkewlXog5PPiHroKvaFOw1Hmkdae_KdRIoBvdVk3ou7ZcEYGnLEaz4rx_wudUvZWQvls3u61WUpnlTgq8vrmpJrxvHH774-P5BCgR1wDHZPrzlty-QNvCzuEmusU33LCSTuf7ZsI

Wondering if anyone can confirm this? I've been reading a lot about what influences youth intake. One aspect I hadn't seen before was someone saying that your team's U19 manager can have an impact. Over the last 6 seasons, every striker from my youth intake has been a pressing forward. Which is not ideal for my tactics. Looking at my U19 manager, his has "Uses intense pressing" as part of his tactics. This seems to be too much of a coincidence to not be correct, but just wondered if anyone knew for sure. 

vAOd3FGj5v_eaqNdN9GQx4OYjsCGRaMjuFmvBakByW-EFp_PgewWZl68b-tFaHq3NrFppeG08XkKKlnsgq8U1YVzsqfQbvJlIl-d8X62-juNFBt8TjG3k1qZJv_h4Oia5cc6Q5ciSyPUdHo_ifl5ubo

Edited by leyrtj

Quick question, say i do get sacked at hitchen town, can we keep the same save , holiday till the next re-load date of new teams and use that manager to apply for jobs at any newly generated teams that may not have a manager? Or do we start a fresh again with a new save and a manager with no badges etc? Cheers

1 hour ago, reggaeboy81 said:

Quick question, say i do get sacked at hitchen town, can we keep the same save , holiday till the next re-load date of new teams and use that manager to apply for jobs at any newly generated teams that may not have a manager? Or do we start a fresh again with a new save and a manager with no badges etc? Cheers

You can't use your first manager to apply for new jobs I think. But you can keep the save and add a new manager. 

1 hour ago, reggaeboy81 said:

Yes, you can, but the team that comes up must not have been in the VNS or VNN from the initial season. So if the team still needs to be _originally_ unplayable to be able to be used. Let me know if this was clear enough, or if I need to clarify further. :) 

23 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yes, you can, but the team that comes up must not have been in the VNS or VNN from the initial season. So if the team still needs to be _originally_ unplayable to be able to be used. Let me know if this was clear enough, or if I need to clarify further. :) 

No all makes sense cheers just thought i asked bcoz my current manager will have two coaching badges by the end of the season so of im sacked or relegated hopefully an original unplayable team will come up with no manager and ill continue the save, if not ill try a new save or a new league maybe. Thanks

End of Season Review

Season 2026/27

Macclesfield

Macclesfield FC - Club profile | Transfermarkt

Season Summary

A disappointing campaign where relegation was the inevitable conclusion after such a poor run of form at the end of the season.  We were veen worse in the cups.

Season Details

League Table - I feel this is a harsh relegation, though we only have ourselves to blame.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - A very poor April sent the club back into the sixth tier.

F. A. Cup - We went out at the first time of asking, going down away to Tamworth, who play in the division below, at the fourth qualifying round stage.

F. A. Trophy - We were hammered at home by Altrincham, who came up with us last season, in the third round as we went out at the first hurdle.

Friendlies - I arranged a tougher pre season campaign this year and so losing four games was not unexpected, though the loss at Gloucester City was somewhat disappointing.

Squad - The players are improving though we are playing at a much higher level than we have a right to.

Squad Dynamics - As you would expect, this is not very good.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - One fringe player departed on loan for the year to play some football.

Youth Candidates - It was an excellent intake, with midfielder Mat Barden YP27A17 being regarded as the prospect with the most potential.

Finances - A small profit was made so our bank balance remains very healthy.

Key Players

Harry Draper - Our main striker mad the step up to the higher level with ease.

James Berry - Playing on either wing, he did flatter to deceive somewhat.

Ben Swift - The centre half was our best defender by some distance.

Lloyd Marsh-Hughes - The Welshman is playing way above his level and long may it continue.

Neil Kengni - The versatile Cameroonian is reliable wherever he is deployed.

Next Season

We need to challenge for promotion again.

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          25 June 2025             30 June 2026         £750 p/w          £575 p/w
2025/26       30 December 2025             30 June 2027         £800 p/w ↑        £625 p/w ↑
2026/27           2 April 2027             30 June 2028         £825 p/w ↑        £625 p/w =

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2025/26    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National B    ↑↑     6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2026/27    Minimal = (1.50*) ↑   Continental C ↑↑     9 ↑   8 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   9 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  15 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Below Average        Below Average          4       Basic                 Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)
2025/26    Below Average =      Below Average =        4 =     Basic =               Good         ↑↑↑ Above Average ↑↑↑  Local = (1.00*) =
2026/27    Below Average =      Below Average =        4 =     Basic =               Excellent      ↑ Good            ↑  Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2025/26      51        33        8       10         123              50                 +73              64.71%
2026/27      48        12       12       24          60              93                 -33              25.00% ↓

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2025/26          51        33        8       10         123              50                 +73              64.71%             311 days
2026/27          99        45       20       34         183             143                 +40              45.45% ↓           675 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2025/26    Vanarama National League North

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League North (2025/26)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Fourth Qualifying Round         N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy third round.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League             23rd ↓     Fourth Qualifying Round =       N/a           Relegated.  F. A. Trophy third round.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2025/26    Brian Maher YP26F6                        6
2026/27    Brian Maher YP26F6                       24

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2025/26    No one                                        0
2026/27    Giovanni Walls YP27C19                        3

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists
2025/26    No one                                      0
2026/27    Mat Barden YP27A17                          1

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2025/26    No one                                     0
2026/27    No one                                     0

Edited by DazRTaylor