Easy facepack query

metallimuse

Hi folks.

I’ve started to create a facepack for personal use on this years game and I know how to get the pics to show in game but I wanted some clarity regarding the viability of the pack with future versions.

I’m assuming all player/staff ID’s remain the same from game release to game release yes?

When FM23 drops do I just need to create a new config file for faces to show again?

3 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Hi folks.

I’ve started to create a facepack for personal use on this years game and I know how to get the pics to show in game but I wanted some clarity regarding the viability of the pack with future versions.

I’m assuming all player/staff ID’s remain the same from game release to game release yes?

When FM23 drops do I just need to create a new config file for faces to show again?

wouldn't even need to do that, config files have the exact same for at least 10-15 years now 

1 hour ago, bluestillidie00 said:

wouldn't even need to do that, config files have the exact same for at least 10-15 years now 

And would the same config file work if I copied the entire sub folder onto a usb and put it on my pals laptop in the graphics folder?

51 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

And would the same config file work if I copied the entire sub folder onto a usb and put it on my pals laptop in the graphics folder?

Yup, and when FM23 rolls around you can just move the folder from FM22 into 23 and everything should run fine

Source: been doing it since 18 and then I just update them as new updates roll around 

5 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

When face ID number 2 I think (the old guy with the moustache) is no longer required there will be a day of mourning in my household.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, another question regarding config files and facepacks.

I’ve just installed the scope facepack and I just wanted guidance with regards to missing faces as I don’t want to mess anything up.

I’m assuming that I can just erase the config file it came with and keep adding pics to the folder and create my own new config file right?

Or would my fmXML app recognise the existing config file that came with the downloaded facepack and just add to it without deleting and creating my own?

49 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Hi folks, another question regarding config files and facepacks.

I’ve just installed the scope facepack and I just wanted guidance with regards to missing faces as I don’t want to mess anything up.

I’m assuming that I can just erase the config file it came with and keep adding pics to the folder and create my own new config file right?

Or would my fmXML app recognise the existing config file that came with the downloaded facepack and just add to it without deleting and creating my own?

I think fmXML will ask if you want to overwrite the config if one is already detected.

@metallimuse

If you want to use 2 or more packs I would recommend you a simple thing - just place Scope facepack folder to the graphics as a separate one and keep your faces in another folder, both folders will have their own config file. The game recognise these graphics folders with alphabetical order, that means if your own folder will be named for example "My own facepack", it will have higher priority than the folder named "Scope" and the game will use "My own facepack" as the main one but it will read the second one as well.

That's useful mainly when you have one picture in both folders - so, you have, for example, Xhaka in both folders and in both configs, but the game will read the config from "My own facepack".

I have this for many years mainly with kits as I make my own kits for my club but I'm using some bigger packs for rest of the nations/clubs.

On 22/07/2022 at 20:11, EnigMattic1 said:

I think fmXML will ask if you want to overwrite the config if one is already detected.

So adding my own pics to the pack and creating a new config did not work, it now crashes each time I clear my cache.

On 24/07/2022 at 07:50, keysi said:

@metallimuse

If you want to use 2 or more packs I would recommend you a simple thing - just place Scope facepack folder to the graphics as a separate one and keep your faces in another folder, both folders will have their own config file. The game recognise these graphics folders with alphabetical order, that means if your own folder will be named for example "My own facepack", it will have higher priority than the folder named "Scope" and the game will use "My own facepack" as the main one but it will read the second one as well.

That's useful mainly when you have one picture in both folders - so, you have, for example, Xhaka in both folders and in both configs, but the game will read the config from "My own facepack".

I have this for many years mainly with kits as I make my own kits for my club but I'm using some bigger packs for rest of the nations/clubs.

Currently deleting the scope pack now and will unzip the file again overnight trying this method.