Playing against 10 men

How to approach these situations? When a computer team gets a red card, they just suddenly turn into Özil to the Arsenal's Benfica in its prime. 

Here's an example of a match against Exeter away. They got a man sent off after 25 minutes and scored 3 goals after that, looking absolutely unstoppable.

I started the match with Balanced mentality, but switched up to Positive after their first goal and Attacking after the second one. Maybe I should have stayed on Balanced since we were at least creating shots on target?

0-3.thumb.jpg.cca3b5ff76ce673dd5bc76bb3290e975.jpg

tactic.jpg.b7ca7a12ed5d07e792f3ccf399970023.jpg

31 minutes ago, axelmuller said:

How to approach these situations? When a computer team gets a red card, they just suddenly turn into Özil to the Arsenal's Benfica in its prime. 

Here's an example of a match against Exeter away. They got a man sent off after 25 minutes and scored 3 goals after that, looking absolutely unstoppable.

I started the match with Balanced mentality, but switched up to Positive after their first goal and Attacking after the second one. Maybe I should have stayed on Balanced since we were at least creating shots on target?

0-3.thumb.jpg.cca3b5ff76ce673dd5bc76bb3290e975.jpg

tactic.jpg.b7ca7a12ed5d07e792f3ccf399970023.jpg

When facing an ultra defensive side that is one man down is not as simple as increasing mentality. You need to make some adjustments to your team instructions and roles sometimes. 

For this reason, i really hope that you turned off that "wasting time" instruction. Also I would recommend playing with a but more risk. That means going wider or more direct. Or both. Also putting another role in the midfield that is an attacking role. This would help open up another avenue of attack against this side that's parking the bus.

Defend strong on the wings, play out of defence, have at least an even (or greater than) advantage in midfield, sometimes if you can't force your team to attack well at least defend well cause then to come forward and counter or man mark the opponents attack force and split press their centre backs and/or DM.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/04/2022 at 17:19, axelmuller said:

Maybe I should have stayed on Balanced since we were at least creating shots on target?

Yep, you played into their hands a bit by the looks of it there, they hoped/expected you to over commit more after the sending off