change colour of sidebar text?

isa-998

1 hour ago, isa-998 said:

i wish to change text of sidebar from white to black?

Capture.PNG

You have can change the colour in "panels/menubar" if not in the skin you are using you will need to extract it from the panels.fmf file with the "Resource Archiver".

Example: in my skin I use "secondary colours" so it will never be static and difficult to read (depending of course of the team colours of the team you are managing) the "board icon.xml" in the panels/menubar folder in my skin has the code as below:

<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="icons/26px/board" image_alignment="centre" red_replacement="secondary" />

You can change colours to whatever colour you like, but you will have to change for all icons showing.

I am not sure where this (awful) sidebar colour is coming from, might be easier to only change the colour of the sidebar itself, less work and no more "pain in the eyes" while looking at the screen?

18 hours ago, a31632 said:

You have can change the colour in "panels/menubar" if not in the skin you are using you will need to extract it from the panels.fmf file with the "Resource Archiver".

Example: in my skin I use "secondary colours" so it will never be static and difficult to read (depending of course of the team colours of the team you are managing) the "board icon.xml" in the panels/menubar folder in my skin has the code as below:

<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="icons/26px/board" image_alignment="centre" red_replacement="secondary" />

You can change colours to whatever colour you like, but you will have to change for all icons showing.

I am not sure where this (awful) sidebar colour is coming from, might be easier to only change the colour of the sidebar itself, less work and no more "pain in the eyes" while looking at the screen?

this hasnt really helped. i changed the bar to yellow and want to make it black text. could you post your filethat you use?

14 minutes ago, isa-998 said:

this hasnt really helped. i changed the bar to yellow and want to make it black text. could you post your filethat you use?

Hi, my files will not help you as mine are all set for "secondary" colours. If you want the text black you have to edit all the files in the 'panels/menubar' folder, remove "red_replacement" code and add colour="black" for all files.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2022 at 19:05, isa-998 said:

Go into the file panels/generic/sidebar menu table.xml and where it says text properties, change it from "white" to "black"

I changed it to "secondary" so it would always be visible regardless of primay colour of background, looks like this...

image.png.20288625cb3c666d6106b0973f5a5451.png

Edited by Drakestone

On 29/03/2022 at 15:14, Drakestone said:

Go into the file panels/generic/sidebar menu table.xml and where it says text properties, change it from "white" to "black"

I changed it to "secondary" so it would always be visible regardless of primay colour of background, looks like this...

So it looks great, would you please go to the panel in public?

1383060011_SideBar.thumb.png.055243c883ecbe52f39db28e9949a522.png

Prehaps you've but already answerd my question, but I still doesn't understand where to go for my problem. I don't want the text and icon becoming green when I click on it? Would be glad if it could continue to be white, if when I click on sections. Any ideas on how to fix my problem?

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Steve1977beyond said:

image.png.1538f5c29a31b8e02291b5699f8becd0.png

could someone please post a line of code or the xml file to make the text as secondary? this is mine at the moment and no matter what I do, i cannot make it secondary. it's always white.

As Drakestone wrote in the post in this thread, you have to edit all the files in the "panels/menubar".

20 hours ago, Steve1977beyond said:

appreciate the reply. i've gone to every single text property within that panel and changed them all to secondary, yet it still remains white.

When I get to my PC later I will message you with the sidebar menu table.xml, the panels/menubar folder and the background graphic you will need to get the skin looking how I had it in the screenshot

• 6 months later...
Em 29/03/2022 em 14:14, Drakestone disse:

Found it :)

Edited by PequenoGenio