the withdrawn target man.. where?

2 hours ago, HighwayCathedral said:

I've thought for years that the AM position should have a target man role. Arguably because this is the best place to lump a ball; because it's away from the opposition centrebacks, but close enough to your strikers and midfielders. Fellaini indeed springs to mind.

I remember when Fellaini got lumped into the AMC slot by Jose at Utd, people were screaming out for this, might be one for the requests boards, we get them AML/R so one in the centre makes sense  

On 19/01/2022 at 09:35, Johnny Ace said:

I remember when Fellaini got lumped into the AMC slot by Jose at Utd, people were screaming out for this, might be one for the requests boards, we get them AML/R so one in the centre makes sense  

If they do end up doing this then I don't see why the RMD role shouldn't be put in AMC as well. Although I personally don't need it...

On 20/01/2022 at 14:02, craigcwwe said:

I remember reading something a version or two back that someone used the Enganche role and put a tall player there as a workaround. 

I suppose you could use the Enganche role, ask the keeper to distribute to playmaker, and then use the Fellaini player in that position as he will be holding position?

20 minutes ago, Lesterfan_Cambiasso said:

I suppose you could use the Enganche role, ask the keeper to distribute to playmaker, and then use the Fellaini player in that position as he will be holding position?

Yep, that was the thinking. Not tried it myself mind but it could work in theory.