Success with no team instructions in FM22?

Hello guys, hope everyone is okay. 

just recently dipped and bought FM22 Touch on Nintendo Switch and was just wondering if anyone has had any success with using a tactic with no TI’s and/or PI’s?

I know on FM21 there has been plenty of posts about people having success with no TI’s and PI’s so I’m assuming it’s gonna be a similar case to FM22?

Not quite correct as every mentality and player position carries its own set of inbuilt instructions and how those instructions are carried out are affected by player traits and attributes, but i know what you mean, and in a well balanced tactic i dont see any reason why no (or minimal) instructions can be used and still achieve success.

This thread by @herne79 contains plenty of useful info on setting up a tactic with no TIs. It's from FM19, but the theory is still sound.

A lot of it is around selecting cohesive roles that suit your players, whilst taking their attributes and traits into consideration.

I rarely ever use more than 0-3 instructions in total. I think team instructions do less than a lot of people expect, it's 5x more important imo to get your roles and player selection / happiness right. (Unless you're doing a very specific style of play e.g tiki taka, but I think that these extreme styles are much less common irl than what is seen posted on the forums.. even managers who are famous for gegenpressing , for example, will spend significant game time in a mid block with a standard tempo, either to preserve stamina or be more defensive.

I think TI's are more for game plans, such as upping the tempo when losing/ dropping deeper when winning late on.. or when you want to exploit an opposition weakness / strength compared to you.

Just FYI I never use PIs. They change what a role does and that can become misleading to whether a certain player will still be good or not in that role, if it becomes loaded with additional PIs.

Imagine you want to setup a classic English wideplay 4-4-2. Get two proper wingers, hardworking midfielders and a big Target Man and even without TIs with an attacking mentality you will get that "kick and rush" style.