[FM22] - Scottish Football

Got promoted with Shrewsbury in our online EFL save, mainly due to bargain scottish additions. Mimnaugh, Hamilton (Accies), Deas (Inverness CT), McAllister (St Mirren), Doohan (Celtic Reserves) provided me the core of the winning squad . A cheap core. Maybe its the time to revive almighty Greenock Morton again.

I have a question : i'm doing a youth only save with Caley Braves. i noticed that their are three u18 leagues and no reserves league. are those U18 leagues fixed or can i join if i climb up the leagues ?

After four, five seasons those leagues stayed the same.

This would be problematic for a youth only save.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started with Rangers

Sifting through squad currently, looking to offload any poorly-rated players, and loan out for this season, at least, your Leon Kings / Robbie Ure etc to get some experience at the level they "currently operate" at.

Dont think I will be delving into transfer market, though I have offered trials to Jack Wilshere, Andy Carroll & Guiseppe Rossi for a fortnight. Central Defence & a GK for the future probably where I will look to if I do.

Need to get myself an AM with decent JPA & JPP as well as people & youngsters management stats.

Aiming to retain the title and reach the group stage of Champs League and look to the youth system to bring players through over the year...

On 26/12/2021 at 09:55, Benson_87 said:

Just started with Rangers

Sifting through squad currently, looking to offload any poorly-rated players, and loan out for this season, at least, your Leon Kings / Robbie Ure etc to get some experience at the level they "currently operate" at.

Dont think I will be delving into transfer market, though I have offered trials to Jack Wilshere, Andy Carroll & Guiseppe Rossi for a fortnight. Central Defence & a GK for the future probably where I will look to if I do.

Need to get myself an AM with decent JPA & JPP as well as people & youngsters management stats.

Aiming to retain the title and reach the group stage of Champs League and look to the youth system to bring players through over the year...

image.png.16e54d184ddd175fd77124a4b1a70eae.png

Qualified for CL group stage despite some hairy moments (a poor 1-1 draw with Valur, Olympiacos scoring just before HT to make it 2-1 on agg and remove our away goal advantage)

I got lucky drawing Valur & Olympiacos. I was not so lucky in the Group stage draw:

image.png.c87a5294464ef79e12db2847344fa2d9.png

Celtic up next to round out the month. Signed Patrick berg on loan, nothing left in the wage or transfer budget now so requested an increase from the board, now that the CL money has boosted the coffers. Not expecting 1) a positive response, or 2) a response before Sept 1st.

They are pretty poor from what Ive seen - lost to Gala in CL qualifier, then Jablonec in EL qualifier then someone else in Conference Qualifier, also lost on pens to Partick in the PSC, no great shakes in league either, 4-0-2 from 6 so far, lost to us & Hearts both 0-3.

3 hours ago, Benson_87 said:

They are pretty poor from what Ive seen - lost to Gala in CL qualifier, then Jablonec in EL qualifier then someone else in Conference Qualifier, also lost on pens to Partick in the PSC, no great shakes in league either, 4-0-2 from 6 so far, lost to us & Hearts both 0-3.

I think it might be worth giving it a go.

I like to turn first windows off, so the game mirrors real life from the start. I had a feeling team cohesion would be very low with celtic.

Id seen a couple of youtube saves where they are really struggling, so it looks interesting as to why that would be the case.

Ive got another league as Beijing Institute Of Technology FC which is frankly impossible. Id like something closer to home.

Would be good to compare progress!

On 30/12/2021 at 00:57, Lesterfan_Cambiasso said:

I think it might be worth giving it a go.

I like to turn first windows off, so the game mirrors real life from the start. I had a feeling team cohesion would be very low with celtic.

Id seen a couple of youtube saves where they are really struggling, so it looks interesting as to why that would be the case.

Ive got another league as Beijing Institute Of Technology FC which is frankly impossible. Id like something closer to home.

Would be good to compare progress!

Go for it - its certainly the more difficult challenge of the two teams, thats for certain.

Im aiming to do the ten, but already i've got an unhappy want-away Goldson, a lot of aging players (McG, Davis, Balogun, and to a lesser extent due to playing time Defoe), and no budget to replace them, so season two might not be as straightforward.

Here are my results since the Olympiacos game -

image.png.8df6103d3674ba3ebb8ec5dae6617e64.png

We were thumped at Benfica, then robbed at Inter - Helander & Bassey were injured leading up to the game, At 1-0, Barisic went off injured & Patterson was prematurely forced to make his first appearance since returning from a hernia to come on for him, but three minutes later bloody Tavernier went off as well! So my back four for the last 30 was an unfit Balogun at left-back, a lacking sharpness Katic, an unhappy Goldson & a completely unfit Patterson, and we went on to lose 1-2. Those are the breaks though. Looks like we will be out of Europe completely by December as I don't think finishing 4th gets you into any of the lower competitions? Don't follow football anywhere near as much as I used to these days, so a bit clueless.

The Hibs game was a farce in which they just set out to kick the living out of us and ended up with two reds and 5 yellows, so we cruised to a 7-0 win. The foul count was obscene.

image.png.c02bc18d812fddd7acbd711a56b1734f.png

• 3 months later...

My Rangers team halfway through the 2nd season.

GK - Ivusic / McCrorie

DR - Neco Williams / Patterson

DL - Antonee Robinson / Josh Doig

DCL - Onguene / Katic

DCR - Goldson / Soutarr

RM - Hagi / Aribo

DMCL - Bazoer / Lundstarm

DMCR - Jack / Berg

LM - Kent / Cantwell

SCR - Morelos / Brown (newgen)

SCR - Hlozek / Itten

Got David Brooks signed on a bosman along with some 18 yr old striker from Salzburg, Rasche or something. Got McTominay for £9mil at the end of the season too.

Celtic signed Bassogog (?), A Cameroonian winger for £28 mil and they have made some other weird signings, Postecoglus job is very secure despite them not winning a trophy in nearly 2 years and performing poorly in Europe. 

• 1 month later...

I am having one of my most enjoyable saves after I moved Celtic and Rangers into the English Championship in the data editor. As Celtic I won the championship with Rangers being promoted in 2nd place. It is now 2030 and I have won the EPL twice the Champions League three times the Europa League once the World Club Championship once and the FA and League cups twice also.

Rangers lasted 2 seasons in the EPL and then got relegated. They then got promoted and relegated again and are now mid table in the championship.

The Celtic board have built me a new 77,000 capacity stadium called Patsy Gallagher Park that I have just moved into. 

Best signings have been Jude Bellingham and Dusan Vlahovic who has scored 30 plus goals a season for 5 years. I play a narrow, short passing, high tempo 4-1-3-2. Youth system is excellent with 5 of my match day squad coming through the ranks.

• 1 month later...

Could somebody explain the work permit rules for Scotland as it doesn’t seem to be the same as England.  For example, for some foreign players they do not qualify and it gives the points explanation below the transfer as why they do not.  I than have other players of foreign nationality with no caps, no reputation, and playing at lower levels of say Brazil who qualified.  Doesn’t make sense?

On 04/04/2022 at 11:25, Wightman said:

My Rangers team halfway through the 2nd season.

GK - Ivusic / McCrorie

DR - Neco Williams / Patterson

DL - Antonee Robinson / Josh Doig

DCL - Onguene / Katic

DCR - Goldson / Soutarr

RM - Hagi / Aribo

DMCL - Bazoer / Lundstarm

DMCR - Jack / Berg

LM - Kent / Cantwell

SCR - Morelos / Brown (newgen)

SCR - Hlozek / Itten

Got David Brooks signed on a bosman along with some 18 yr old striker from Salzburg, Rasche or something. Got McTominay for £9mil at the end of the season too.

Celtic signed Bassogog (?), A Cameroonian winger for £28 mil and they have made some other weird signings, Postecoglus job is very secure despite them not winning a trophy in nearly 2 years and performing poorly in Europe. 

Same here. I've won 8/9 trophies domestically (annoyingly lost the first League Cup Final on penalties to Celtic) but I've done an unbeaten campaign, won the treble twice, beat Celtic 5-0, and have done very well in Europe (won the Europa League in 2023 and then somehow managed to get to the CL final the year after). Meanwhile Celtic haven't done anything since that league cup win, they've wasted all their transfer budgets and are now signing free transfers and loans, and they most recently finished 3rd behind Aberdeen. 

Any manager in charge of the OF might have lasted a 2nd season in those conditions, but they would have definitely been sacked after the 3rd season. Instead Postecoglou is secure in his job and even got a contract extension. Definitely does seem like there's an issue with job security in FM22.

• 3 weeks later...

a0980dd59a010a4aac572e2e37bff006.png

got to semi final of league cup and lost in 4th round of scottish cup, also had chance n last day of conference group  to qualify for knokouts but we ended up bottom in a group of Feyenord, Bodo/glimt and Osijek

We also ended up with Ramsey leaving for 6,5m in jan to Chelsea - hopefully the academy provide good players for us to try retain but also if a big EPL or european club come in we can strengthen abit by reinvesting into playing squad

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Have started a Rangers save to tie me over til FM23. I'm in early part of S2, having won the league and one of the cups, and got to a respectable quarter final champions league finish last season. Just wondering though - do you guys receive bonkers loan proposals? That's all I ever seem to get. For example, just done deadline day. I got an for Morelos from Everton. Loan. No wages paid. If they play him 20 times they give me £11.25m. Valued in game at 19m-24m. I wouldn't be concerned but this type of offer is all I've ever received.

Is this normal? 

• 1 month later...

Given that this thread only amassed 16 replies over the entirety of FM22 there is maybe not a need for a new one. :)

I am playing with the Tangerines, Dundee Utd, and liking my save a lot. I just finished the first season and it was a a difficult one. We ended up in the 7th place before the league was split up but well outside of the top half, which meant that we played in the relegation group. We managed to hold on  to the 7th place which I think is an OK season -- as we also managed to win the League Cup along with it (avoiding Celtic and Rangers for the entire competition). However, the board was not happy with our league campaign and that we failed to get past the Europa Conference League knockouts and into the group stage, which meant that I had numerous board meetings over the course of the season but managed to convince them to keep me on a bit longer each time.

I started with the window closed and did not due any changes in January either due to money problems. There is also no transfer budget for me to change the squad much before the next season, but I will try to get 2-4 freebies in who can strengthen the team. Not at home currently so I cannot provide any screenshots, but maybe later.

• 10 months later...

I've been having some fun with Celtic FC lately. I have turned the squad around where they can compete in the Champions League, even though we were placed in a group with Manchester City and Real Madrid. 

I noticed that their squad depth in the first season is lacking real quality on the bench, where in the Scottish League it was fine, but in Europe I really struggled. Probably going to switch to another save after 3-5 seasons, but this save really sparked my love for Football Manager again. :D

Starting XI (second season 23/24)

image.png.acf655ffe50f4d93119eff0d2894b703.png

Results in the Champions League and Europa League Knockout phase 23/24

image.png.c698eab0a45e635899b0a63d6abca97c.pngimage.png.9a4987b43e7ded1b63f772dcc479d7e8.png

League standings 23/24

image.thumb.png.9d3da0041642f43540737e5198ba3252.png

Last season, we unfortunately lost 2-1 on aggregate to Liverpool who went on to win the Champions League.

image.png.5020409c13fe6a58b19a394822e7c252.png

This season, we are off to a good start already. :lol: Although it's still coming down to the wire in Group G..

image.png.9d560781397ab986f0dd639d21583ad6.png

image.thumb.png.f8679d02518be3ce73d371f5ef768f08.png