How to make a #10 defend like a 9# and still be a 10#

As the title says it really I want a number 10 or a Centre attacking midfielder stay in line with the Striker when I defend, I play a 4-4-1-1 that I want to defend like a 4-4-2 but attack like a 4-4-1-1 is that possible is there any role I can use on my number 10 that stays with the Striker, fowards without much Defensive output, and in attack drop deep and play behind the Striker. 

4 minutes ago, Strikerir1 said:

As the title says it really I want a number 10 or a Centre attacking midfielder stay in line with the Striker when I defend, I play a 4-4-1-1 that I want to defend like a 4-4-2 but attack like a 4-4-1-1 is that possible is there any role I can use on my number 10 that stays with the Striker, fowards without much Defensive output, and in attack drop deep and play behind the Striker. 

if you want to defend in a 4-4-2, then play a 4-4-2 and make one striker a creator role to act like an AM. It doesnt really work the other way around.

15 minutos atrás, zabyl disse:

You can do it like as @CARRERA explained or a 4-4-2 strikerless with one SS for #9 and every other AM role for #10. 

That makes sense but I want both to stay forward for a counter attacking outlet and as SS and AM they drop too deep, is ideal for compactness but not ideal for what I want to achieve 

Quote from the tactics section of the User Manual about the formation you see on your screen.

What am I looking at? What does the tactics screen actually represent?

It bears noting that the formation you see on screen represents the team’s defensive shape when not in possession. The instructions you then apply to the team and to each individual impact what they do and where they go when they do have the ball.

Edited by CARRERA

14 dakika önce, Strikerir1 said:

Something like this you can see that both Mkhitaryan and Dybala are N10 players but when defending they defend in line with the Striker, another good example is Joao Felix. 

Juve-RL-442-Def-Shape-Exmp-2.png

unnamed.png

Did you try DLFs/F9 for #10 and AFa/CFa/PFa for #9 ?

9 minutos atrás, zabyl disse:

Did you try DLFs/F9 for #10 and AFa/CFa/PFa for #9 ?

I have I feel again the f9 does not stay in line, I have to go for 4-4-2 with the Striker being the same duty, so they stay in line I have an ideia but it needs to be explained, does the trequartista drop deep, I'm thinking something like TQ at st being the N10 and a DLP(A) /TM(A) for the 9 as I want the 9 to be a offensive pivot. 

I play an offset 4-4-1-1 with a TM(S) and SS(A) and it often defends like a 4-4-2. However, the SS will drop deeper when the opposition enters your final third. I find it useful because he'll mark an opposing DM where a standard 4-4-2 might leave the DM unmarked. 

16 minutos atrás, andrewsgn disse:

I play an offset 4-4-1-1 with a TM(S) and SS(A) and it often defends like a 4-4-2. However, the SS will drop deeper when the opposition enters your final third. I find it useful because he'll mark an opposing DM where a standard 4-4-2 might leave the DM unmarked. 

But in return he loses his higher position which would take away the counter attack

Correct answer above. Your need an asymmetric front two with a SS/AMA on one side and a support role striker on the other side CFS/PFS/F9/DLFS. The support forward will drop more in defence than an attack forward. 

Thanks to all the replys this is the setup I'm testing if anyone has any tips

SK(D) 

Fb(S)         CD(D).       CD(D).        FB(S) 

W(S).         BWM(s).    CM(D).       IW(A) 

SS(A). 

DLF(S) 

Mentality : Positive

In Possession : Be Desciplined

In Transition   : Counter, Regroup, Distribute Quickly

Out of Possession : Low Low, Standard Def Line (I ajust both when I want to be more), more urgent pressing (one notch from standard), Mark Tightly, Tackle Harder.

Is this a good counter attacking strategy? 

Edited by Strikerir1

3 hours ago, Strikerir1 said:

Something like this you can see that both Mkhitaryan and Dybala are N10 players but when defending they defend in line with the Striker, another good example is Joao Felix. 

Juve-RL-442-Def-Shape-Exmp-2.png

unnamed.png

Like the below?

@CARRERA already nailed it in the first reply.  However if you want them coming as deep as Higuain/Dybala regularly and still stay in line, then consider giving both strikers a support duty (doesn't have to be the same role).  That's what I've done below.  They'll still be an outlet, albeit a deeper outlet than giving both (or one) an attack duty.

6.jpg

3 minutos atrás, herne79 disse:

Like the below?

@CARRERA already nailed it in the first reply.  However if you want them coming as deep as Higuain/Dybala regularly and still stay in line, then consider giving both strikers a support duty (doesn't have to be the same role).  That's what I've done below.  They'll still be an outlet, albeit a deeper outlet than giving both (or one) an attack duty.

6.jpg

With 2 support roles, would they still make aggressive runs of the ball? The main thing is I want to transition with speed. I don't need them to defend deep I actually would prefer for them to stay fowards to be an outlet for the quick transition, I mean if they defended deep and still have the necessary penetration that would be awesome, but if I had to pick one I'd prefer being a outlet for transition

50 minutes ago, Strikerir1 said:

With 2 support roles, would they still make aggressive runs of the ball? The main thing is I want to transition with speed. I don't need them to defend deep I actually would prefer for them to stay fowards to be an outlet for the quick transition, I mean if they defended deep and still have the necessary penetration that would be awesome, but if I had to pick one I'd prefer being a outlet for transition

Any striker will do that regardless of duty.  You just influence the frequency with which they do it by changing their role and/or duty.

Anyway, the picture I showed was just based on the picture of Juve you shared and was almost a carbon copy.  If you want your strikers left higher give them an attack duty - they'll be nearer the half way line and won't come as deep as often.

2 minutos atrás, herne79 disse:

Any striker will do that regardless of duty.  You just influence the frequency with which they do it by changing their role and/or duty.

Anyway, the picture I showed was just based on the picture of Juve you shared and was almost a carbon copy.  If you want your strikers left higher give them an attack duty - they'll be nearer the half way line and won't come as deep as often.

OK that makes sense, would a higher mentality influence this a guess yes because it affects individual mentality as well, I could play them as support and raise the mentality a bit If I'm not happy with their "aggressiveness"  

On 31/08/2021 at 18:36, Strikerir1 said:

OK that makes sense, would a higher mentality influence this a guess yes because it affects individual mentality as well, I could play them as support and raise the mentality a bit If I'm not happy with their "aggressiveness"  

Also PPMs could help (ie. Stays onside, Gets Further Forward, Gets into Opposition Area).