"good" teams (anti-fascist, anti-racist clubs)

mkeredbeard

Hi all

I'm compiling a list of teams that have notable histories of either antifascist or antiracist activities or fan bases. So far, I have:

St. Pauli

Barcelona

Partizan Minsk

Besiktas

NK Zagreb

Bohemians 1905

Arsenal Kiev

Celtic

Livorno

Vallecano

Feel free to reply with suggestions to add.

Clapton Community. Esportiu Jupiter. Hapoel Tel-Aviv. Standard Liege. Marseille. AEK Athens. Cosenza. Omonia Nicosia. Ternana. 

These are just clubs with ultras that are considered to be on the left. Some definitely have anti-fascist fan cultures. But aye, a list off the top of the head. 

1 hour ago, mkeredbeard said:

Because anti-fascism and anti-racism should be celebrated, even in small ways.

Fundamentally most modern football clubs, a-specially in Western and Central Europe, have a anti fascist/racist stance to be listing individual clubs is rather incendiary.

31 minutes ago, MasterKano said:

Fundamentally most modern football clubs, a-specially in Western and Central Europe, have a anti fascist/racist stance to be listing individual clubs is rather incendiary.

Sure, but reread my first post: I am thinking about *histories*. Barcelona, for example, has a very unique and specific history of being anti-fascist.

15 hours ago, mkeredbeard said:

Sure, but reread my first post: I am thinking about *histories*. Barcelona, for example, has a very unique and specific history of being anti-fascist.

Can you understand my reasoning though, singling out certain clubs suggests that the other clubs are of the opposite persuasion, You used Barcelona as an example... what about the other 19 clubs in La Liga? 

They're also Catalan separatists, does that come into the conversation with regards to a united Spain? surely there can be an argument for a brand of Fascism there, but that depends on your definition.

Define History better, not to be pedantic but History is every unit of time that has passed by.

Every club has a "rogue element" in them but for the most part these fans just want to watch their team.

3 hours ago, MasterKano said:

Can you understand my reasoning though, singling out certain clubs suggests that the other clubs are of the opposite persuasion, You used Barcelona as an example... what about the other 19 clubs in La Liga? 

They're also Catalan separatists, does that come into the conversation with regards to a united Spain? surely there can be an argument for a brand of Fascism there, but that depends on your definition.

Define History better, not to be pedantic but History is every unit of time that has passed by.

Every club has a "rogue element" in them but for the most part these fans just want to watch their team.

I understand your reasoning, I just don't find it carries any weight. If somebody writes a blog post celebrating countries that have, for example, positive human rights history, by your logic they're slandering every country they left out and shouldn't do that. I think that logic is just silly.

36 minutes ago, mkeredbeard said:

I understand your reasoning, I just don't find it carries any weight. If somebody writes a blog post celebrating countries that have, for example, positive human rights history, by your logic they're slandering every country they left out and shouldn't do that. I think that logic is just silly.

If you're writing a blog post about nations with a positive human rights record you should include all countries that do and don't to provide a full picture of the situation instead of cherry picking information and feeding it to someone.

Le 28/08/2021 à 16:22, MasterKano a dit :

If you're writing a blog post about nations with a positive human rights record you should include all countries that do and don't to provide a full picture of the situation instead of cherry picking information and feeding it to someone.

It looks like you are trying way too hard to disagree, since when do blog posts have to be complete and accurate, they arent studies.

Likewise this is a forum thread not a Nobel prize ranking for football clubs. Some clubs have indeniably done more than others in regards to those issues, doesnt mean the other clubs are automatically "bad" or whatever.

1 hour ago, Fatkidscantjump said:

It looks like you are trying way too hard to disagree, since when do blog posts have to be complete and accurate, they arent studies.

Likewise this is a forum thread not a Nobel prize ranking for football clubs. Some clubs have indeniably done more than others in regards to those issues, doesnt mean the other clubs are automatically "bad" or whatever.

I'm not trying at all, this stuff comes fairly easy.