(Discussion) Goat Ranking

PaulFm

So the idea is to rank like the top 100 player in the games history. You could make it like that:

At the start of a save you only put in players who are currently playing and then you can rank them. The ranking could go after individual and team titles records etc.  Later after they retire they keep their place in the list but can be surpassed by Newgen or younger players.

Or you could even create a system where different media sources vote and boulevard media would vote for réputation and other medias for more complex parameters. 

Just imagine your Argentinian Newgen surpasses Messi. This would really add a long-term Motivation 

Btw great game thank you for your superb game

Paul

The GOAT stuff is a very American (US) concept.

I'm not a fan because there cannot be such a thing unless we vote positionally because each position has a sub-set of skills required to compete, a forward isn't going to play fullback and a fullback isn't going to be a winger.

It's like comparing Michael Jordan to LeBron or Kobe to LeBron, you cant.

Media driven concepts like this add nothing to real life.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/06/2021 at 10:15, PaulFm said:

So the idea is to rank like the top 100 player in the games history. You could make it like that:

At the start of a save you only put in players who are currently playing and then you can rank them. The ranking could go after individual and team titles records etc.  Later after they retire they keep their place in the list but can be surpassed by Newgen or younger players.

Or you could even create a system where different media sources vote and boulevard media would vote for réputation and other medias for more complex parameters. 

Just imagine your Argentinian Newgen surpasses Messi. This would really add a long-term Motivation 

Btw great game thank you for your superb game

Paul

Ranking of goal assist apparence of league , and continental competition should be intresting 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2021 at 06:31, destmez said:

Ranking of goal assist apparence of league , and continental competition should be intresting 

For a game so rich in statistical analysis, I'm surprised this isn't in there already. I'd love to see a list of players top 10-25 Appearances, Goals scored, assists for league and overall for your club. I'd love getting reports that Player X is approaching\has equalled\has gone past Player Y who sits in z position for Appearances\Goals\Assists that is the type of nerd I am.

• 5 weeks later...

Agreed. I know that it’ll probably increase the size of the save file, but it would be nice to see for example, top 10 league scorers of all time. This would also make longer saves feel a lot more immersive. It sucks when I have a long save and i know one of my players has scored a load of goals, however i have no measure of how they rank overall throughout that leagues history. 

I love this Idea. The game needs this more than ever, the FM World is starting to look stalled with flavourless spreadsheets.

A Ranking with the top 100 players of all time and current time will be an amazing addition. Ranked by cup, leagues and awards won.

Edited by lukavski

On 05/09/2021 at 03:32, destmez said:

I think goal assist record should be pre-game customizable with importing some data to editor to avoid any issue of copyright or légal issue for Sport Interactive 

Id even settle for from when the game starts for some of these records but a lot of the information is already in the game at least insofar as league games and goals and would just need to be tabulated once it starts. although that would only be active players. For each competition might be a little trickier though.

Le 06/09/2021 à 02:38, Jolanthustrel a dit :

Id even settle for from when the game starts for some of these records but a lot of the information is already in the game at least insofar as league games and goals and would just need to be tabulated once it starts. although that would only be active players. For each competition might be a little trickier though.

i agree

• 2 months later...
  • SI Staff

The original poster hasn't come back to this in some time and so we're not really sure how we'd take on some of the additions you guys have made or if its not in line with what they'd want. What I would suggest though is that those of you have branching off ideas, feel free to create your own threads and we can review them @destmez / @Jolanthustrel / @lukavski / @GIMN. What has originally been requested has been reviewed and could be something that is declined as a feature, or could be included after additional development at some stage in the future.