Complacent after recent success

Ok so this is a first. In the latest player advice summary I receive this message on my 22 year old who just started in a champions league final we won.

In the "player progression observation" it stated "The Coach fears that The Player may have become somewhat complacent after all the recent successes". His personality is still resilient so I dont know how much his professionalism or ambition has dropped which I guess would be affected.

I have tried to do a search on this but very little came up. Would anybody know where I can find more on this topic? He will be turning 23 in a month. Is he sort of a lost cause or what effect will this have? Maybe this will only affect the ability to increase attributes? Being resilient he still has high numbers for determination and pressure.  

I suspect that it will be a temporary thing. I'd try giving him the individual team talk to the effect that you want to see a good performance from him and don't praise him for a good performance. I'd expect that this would sort him out in a relatively short time.

Never seen this before, it sounds like a nice addition to the game. If it were real life I'd consider giving the guy an extended holiday and hope he rediscovers his drive for the game. How long was his pre season? 

It isn't new to FM21 as I had the same issue in my FM20 long term save with a couple of players (both around early 20s) who each lost 5 points in ambition and professionalism after winning Ligue 1 and the UCL two times in a row.  I hated this when it first happened to me but have learned to like it over time as I find this it is probably quite realistic to what would happen with some players that win everything possible when they are young and don't have a whole lot more to aspire to in their careers.  I should add that this is an incredibly rare event so it isn't being overused.  It appears to be permanent and though the players were still young enough to be mentored, these personality stat drops carried on with them. 

Edited by rsihn

It can also happen when very young players sign a huge contract. I've had it 5 times in 15 seasons, so it's not what I would call incredibly rare, but it definitely depends on the club you're playing with. If you are 19 years old and earning £100k+ a week, I could certainly see some young players lose drive and ambition IRL. I don't look at hidden attributes, so I can't tell you exactly what has dropped, but one of the players got stuck with unambitious personality, so ambition and professionality dropping would also be my guess. I carried on with all of the players mentioned, and most of them became good players anyway, but one of them also failed to reach his PA, which is something that rarely happens for me.