What is your opinion about the fair decision about this situation ?

What is fair ?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is fair ?

• 1) Player A should accept to re-rematch (cancelling all previous matches and playing a 3rd match) with a 0-1 scenario ?
    • 2) Player B should accept the 7-0 defeat even if the rematch went terrible ?
    • 3) Something else ?

Hello guys

We play online with a friend, and during a match him VS me (1st vs 2nd of the league, very important match as you can imagine...) we had an issue.

Lets call Home Player "Player A" and Away player "Player B" (i wont tell you who i am, so that there is no influence).

Original match :

It is the 40th minut and player B scores. It is 0-1 and the game crashes. Player A and Player B are ok for a rematch.

Player A says "i will give you 1 goal in compensation" in kind of compensation for the crash

Player B says "i want a 0-1 scenario in the rematch".

They are pretty close in the proposal, but it is not exactly the same (misunderstanding, coz player A means "i give you 1 goal, if it makes a difference on the final result" and player B means "I want the same scenario exactly, coz there is a psychological influence in scoring first". Both are honest way of thinking.).

2nd match

Rematch happens and it is catastrophic for player B. He loses 2-0 after 20 minut and loose a DC (with no substitute available). The match goes 6-0 and player B quits at 60th minute cause "it is not the scenario of the first match, this 2nd match means nothing". The match will end 7-0.

What is your opinion :

1) Player A should accept to re-rematch (cancelling all previous matches and playing a 3rd match) with a 0-1 scenario ?

2) Player B should accept the 7-0 defeat even if the rematch went terrible ?

3) Something else ?

Thanks guys :)

Edited by jmpaparone

I think any crash should just be replayed no matter what happened first and all matches start at 0-0. It's impossible to recreate the exact same match, so anything between a save and a crash is null and void and should not impact a restart.

So the closest is answer B, though for me it's 10-0, that's what happens if you rage quit (double figure loss just feels worse!).

2- crashes happen, so start the match again at 0-0 and accept the result whatever the outcome.  There is no guarantee of what the result of the first match would have been without the crash, so forget it happened and start again from just before it.