Problem with 343

Is it possible that i can play 343 with high defensive line ? I mean i wanted to have much ppls on opponent half but i still get destroyed by counter attack,special in those spaces behind my wide midfielders.And also my right and left midfielders are not that bad they are decent with acc,work rate ,concetration,positioning,bravery and anticipation.PLz Help! TY

prob.png

The key question here is what exactly do you want to achieve with this tactic in terms of playing style?

And is there any particular reason why did you opt for this specific formation (3421), rather than some other?

In any case, an instruction such as Play for set pieces does not make any sense in a tactic like this IMHO.

In lone wide man formatons like this; wide player must be on support for defensive balance on both flanks unless lone wide man is on FB/WB position. Wa on the left is suicide. I bet your team destroyed from that flank mostly.

WMs plays narrower than Ws. This tactic needs width on both flanks. So Ws/DWs for both flanks can work better.

Don't use 2 playmakers back to back. RPMs behind Ta is not a good choice. If you want to use RPMs, you can use it on LCM. CMd on RCM can give defensive cover to Ta or another attack role.

I see there is no real goal threat. Changing Ta to an SS can solve this.

Adding stay wider PI to both wide centerbacks will help to cover wide areas. Also adding dribble more PI can make them more useful if they have good dribbling ability.

This tactic has many central players (2 CM/2 AM). Playing fairly narrow / narrow will not be a good choice. Players need space to utilize for passing, running etc. Going for standard and adapting in match is way better.

Play for set pieces can work well if you have good aerial players. It is a tactic which defensive sides use to create chances.

3-4-3 is a top heavy tactic. It can be used with gegen style pressing with higher DL & much higher LOE and much more urgent pressing.

Counter-press TI draws players out of position too much to press opposition players and you have only 3 players at the back. Think about it. You don't have dual wide men. AI can attack from both flanks with dual wide men tactics if it overcomes that counter-press.

Edited by zabyl
added: DWs

Reason i use more plamakers on right side is bcz i want t o create overload,roaming and treq will have more time on ball and i wanted to use winger on attack to exploit that right overload,and also i use attacking midfield on support to make space for winger on attack,that was my strategy ,overload right and make space for my winger .

Edited by rile95

6 hours ago, rile95 said:

Reason i use more plamakers on right side is bcz i want t o create overload,roaming and treq will have more time on ball

Then better use a DLP instead of RPM. Because with 2 roaming roles one behind the other within an inherently tricky and vulnerable formation like yours, your midfield is too porous and hence very vulnerable to (counter)attacks by opposition. 

Remember, your system has only 3 men in the defense and no DM. So if you want your tactic/setup to be as solid defensively as possible, you need to take that into account when setting up your roles and duties (as well as instructions, of course).

I was able to get Cruyff-style 3-4-3 to work but only with defensive-minded IWBs. That role is perfect for covering the flanks while coming inside for the build-up through the middle, which is one of the main advantages of 3-4-3. The CB role (the way it acts in the ME), even if you put a really creative player there, will always hold this system back IMO. I chronicled my attempt here and it was rather successful.

Edited by crusadertsar

10 hours ago, rile95 said:

Reason i use more plamakers on right side is bcz i want t o create overload,roaming and treq will have more time on ball and i wanted to use winger on attack to exploit that right overload,and also i use attacking midfield on support to make space for winger on attack,that was my strategy ,overload right and make space for my winger .

Creating overloads with brute forcing opponents are common amongst experienced FM players. However; experienced people don't ignore defensive solidity.

21 hours ago, zabyl said:

Creating overloads with brute forcing opponents are common amongst experienced FM players. However; experienced people don't ignore defensive solidity.

Not necessarily an issue. You can be really aggressive upfront, by defending from the front, if you have the players for it.

Some prefer 1-0s others 5-4s. It's called risk/reward ratio, unless you have 22 world class players.

17 hours ago, rile95 said:

would be better if i play with 2 dms something like dm on defend and segundo volante?

How fast/intelligent are your CBs? Once your Line of Engagement is crossed, your midfielders/striker will start counter-pressing. I suspect if you play against a system say 4321, you will have at least 3 players beyond that line, and therefore a 3v3 situation.

I'd personally try a couple of things with the caveat of knowing absolutely zip about your players:

• Ask your GK to act like Neuer by asking him to step forward earlier (SK-S/A with whatever PIs required), so he can cover more effectively the CBs
  • Change your CBs to be on defend duty (you pick the roles) and add the Offside trap
  • OPTIONAL: defend from the front which means maxing out your LOE and add Prevent shot GK, since you have players in the area already that can help with the pressing.

No problem in sticking with a system. If that doesn't work, you may need a change of personnel or your players need a bit more development/training.

Edited by MadOnion

1 hour ago, MadOnion said:

Some prefer 1-0s others 5-4s. It's called risk/reward ratio, unless you have 22 world class players.

Yeah. They can enjoy with my 3 CBd - 2 FBd - 2 Ad - 1 DMs-2 Ws catenaccio with their world class players. :cool: