AFC Wrexham - RR McReynolds Takeover!

LUKE!

55 minutes ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Looking good for a playoff spot. Keep going mate

Fingers crossed man! I will be playing the month of March 2024 later on tonight once I finish work most likely :) 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a month!!!

We started off shaky with a draw vs Oxford but a point is better than zero! We were also 1-0 down in this one but Carrington managed to score after being subbed on late in the game.

Next game was the Joe Hugill show where he smashed in 4 goals and finished the game with a 10.0 rating vs a poor Charlton side. Puigmal was an honorable mention in this one too.

We continued our good form and goalscoring into the Crewe game, scoring 5 goals but leaking a few in the process too - Arnau Puigmal puts in a good performance for the second straight game as our DLP.

Hugill keeps up his goalscoring form vs Bristol Rovers who were 4th at the time so this win was a huge one for our promotion claims.

We then travelled to 2nd placed MK Dons who held us to a bore draw in what was probably a fair result.

This leaves us right up there and in with a huge chance of automatic promotion if we can continue our good form into the last full month of the season!!!

Wrexham - March 2024 Results.jpg

Wrexham - March 2024 League Table.jpg

Our last few games in the run in for our promotion push is as follows:

Blackpool - Away - Currently 1st and already qualified for the playoffs but still mathematically in reach - this will be a huge win if I can pull off an upset.

Exeter City - Home - Currently 24th and relegated already.

Huddersfield - Away - Currently 4th - Another tough game vs a team who only got relegated last season.

Plymouth - Away - Currently 18th

Cambridge - Away - Currently 13th

Some though games left to finish out our season but if we can keep people fit and firing we should be well in with a shout!!

To open April we had one hell of a back and forth game with top of the league Blackpool.

We took an early lead through James Wilson, only to go in at the half with Dominic Ball equalising on the 42nd minute for the opposition. 

They then took the lead through Elliot Lee on the 47th minute and that's when we started playing properly again - Isaac Buckley Ricketts pulling it back to 2-2 on the 62nd minute.

Eddie Carrington popped up with an important goal for us to take the lead and ultimately win the game 3-2 on the 74th minute after being subbed on late.

We follow up the Blackpool result in true FM21 fashion with a 1-1 draw at home vs bottom of the league Exeter City who are already relegated too - to add insult to injury!

We took a 1-0 lead through Buckley-Ricketts but it wasn't enough as Mateusz Cholewiak equalised and we shared the points after an 82nd minute goal.

Next up we played Huddersfield Away who were in the running for a playoff spot - we went 1-0 down early in the second half but managed to pull a goal back through Ethan Galbraith who came off the bench to score in the 80th minute.

At this point we have dropped down to 4th, now on 80 points - Bristol Rovers 3rd on 81, Blackpool 2nd and MK Dons 1st both on 84 points.

The last game in April saw us play Plymouth away from home who weren't in the greatest of form going into the game.

We took an early lead through Hugill in the 8th minute - Tyrone Stewart then equalised for them in the 66th minute.

We took the lead in the 84th minute through an own goal which we clung onto until the final whistle.

Wrexham - April 2024 Results.jpg

Wrexham - April 2024 League Table.jpg

Our last game of the season and only game in May (unless we miss out on automatic promotion and have playoffs to compete in) is Cambridge United at Home who currently find themselves in 14th place in the table.

Top of the table MK Dons play 10th placed Rotherham.

2nd placed Blackpool's final fixture is against 22nd placed Walsall.

3rd placed Bristol Rovers play 6th placed Coventry.

Updates incoming after we get this final game done!

An interesting turn of events saw the outsiders Bristol Rovers run away with the title on the final day of the season!!

Both MK Dons and Blackpool were in pole position and drew their games - I managed to win but it wasn't enough as I needed MK Dons to lose.

Now our focus shifts to our second playoff chance in the past two seasons - both in League One!

I will play this later today or tomorrow at some point.

Wrexham - Final League Games.jpg

54 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Good luck in the playoffs.

Thanks man! Will update later - we've drawn Coventry though which was the preferred choice IMO :) 

A very boring first leg vs Coventry ended 0-0 away from home.

We welcomed them to our place and managed to scrape by with a 1-0 win coming through half time sub Callum Gribbin!!!!!

We take on Blackpool who went right the way to penalties in their game vs Huddersfield after a 2-2 draw so hopefully they're all knackered! Hahaha

Wrexham - Playoff Semis.jpg

WE HAVE DONE IT!!!!!

3 PROMOTIONS IN 4 SEASONS!!!!

HUGE WIN IN THE PLAYOFF FINAL VS BLACKPOOL!

Now we break until I have time to plan for the new season in the Championship - RR McReynolds have only given us 2m transfer budget but there have been rumours of a takeover also.

We shall see!

Wrexham - Playoff Final!.jpg

11 hours ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Congratulations on promotion! The top of the table was so tight at the end of the season, but you've done it :)

Thanks man! 

Going to have to work some free agency magic to bolster the squad though because I'm very doubtful this current team has the cojones to stay in the Championship unless we add some talent!

I'll be gradually making it to the start of the 2024/25 season over the bank holiday weekend so stay tuned! :) 

1 minute ago, mtaylor89 said:

might want to get some players on loan Luke as the championship can be very tough! anyone got any suggestions? 

I've still got Arsenal as my senior affiliate so I will try to take advantage of this with some freebie loan deals until I get up to the prem and the affiliation is taken away

SEASON 5 PRE-SEASON IS DONE AND DUSTED!!!

Take a look below at our friendly results along with our transfer business - another nugget of a signing in there for you guys ;) 

Hopefully we can at least stay up with this squad but we begin the season Away from home vs newly relegated from the Premier League side Bournemouth.

I will begin the season over the weekend and keep you updated as usual! :) 

Wrexham 2024 Pre-season.jpg

Wrexham - 2024 Transfers.jpg

First month of the new season was a very busy period as you can see below.

New GK Junior Lenis was injured for majority of the opening months games so Daniel Grimshaw had to take the #1 spot - the tables have turned now as Grimshaw is injured and Lenis has just about made it back.

Buckley-Ricketts and Vashon Neufville have picked up injuries that will be sidelining them both for approx. a month.

A mixed bag of results but I knew this season would be a struggle to be honest - not had much of a budget going up ANOTHER division will always be a struggle at least for the first season.

Wrexham - August 2024 Results.jpg

Wrexham - August 2024 League Table.jpg

We had a tough month of fixtures (as you can see by some of the teams placings in the league right now.

But wins against Sunderland and Cardiff have kept us out of the relegation battle for now which is positive - although we could quite easily fall down into the slums of the Championship with a few losses on the bounce.

The Preston game was a tough one to take also because we went 1-0 down in the 10th minute, equalised in the 15th, they took the lead in the 30th and then Ethan Galbraith got himself sent off for us so had to play the final 60 minutes with 10 men.

We equalized though a James Wilson pen on the 51st minute but the extra man played it's part and tired legs let Preston in to seal the 3-2 win on the 74th minute.

Wrexham - 2024 September Results.jpg

Wrexham - 2024 September League Table.jpg

Some very decent form throughout October 2024 as we took 4 wins and 1 draw from 6 games.

James Wilson and Isaac Buckley-Ricketts our stand out performers.

Hoping to keep up this form to finish at least mid table if not top half come the end of the season and then push on from there with some further signings to hopefully challenge for promotion to the promised land!

Wrexham - October 2024 Results.jpg

Wrexham - October 2024 League Table.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 06/03/2021 at 14:31, LUKE! said:

We left it late in our first game of the season vs Grimsby Town - but ultimately new boy Courtney Baker-Richardson gets a brace and helps us secure 3 points from a possible 3 in the only game of July 2021.

Screenshots below for player ratings etc from our opener, along with how we lined up and the league table at the end of July.

We have 8 games lined up in August with 3 home games and 5 away games.

Wrexham - Season opener vs Grimby.jpg

Wrexham - How we start 202122.jpg

Wrexham - July 2021 League Table.jpg

I take it Stockport went up, any news on them currently?