Disable 1st Transfer Window & January Window?

Just as the title suggests, I know that there is an option to disable the first transfer window so that games feel a bit more real. However I normally wait until after the January data update before starting a long term save.

Will there be or is there an option to start a save with both the first and January Window disabled but with updated transfers?

25 minutes ago, FrazT said:

As far as I am aware it is only the summer window that can be disabled for a save that is started in summer 2020

That's what I thought, played Football Manager since Championship Manager days and since the option has been available I have never noticed a "disable January" too.

I wonder if it would be possible using the pre game editor to disable all transfers.

19 hours ago, mag1cmclean77 said:

Will there be or is there an option to start a save with both the first and January Window disabled but with updated transfers?

You're in real luck, the current 21.2.2 version of the game has a bug where if you disable first transfer window, the 2nd window is disabled as well..

It must be fixed, it completely ruins the possibility of a truly realistic game, when big clubs dont get any transfer budgets in the winter window they go ballistics on anyone who's out of contract in the summer or even oldies that doesnt cost much in transfers, since the 2nd window isn't closed, its just that clubs dont have any budgets, just pocket change.

Juan Mata is one of the most wanted men on my game in the winter window :S

12 hours ago, mag1cmclean77 said:

I'm hoping for an option to be able to disable the first 2 windows and start in game from end of 2nd window.

I dont think there's ever been an option to start the game mid-season, if you start the game in Norway in february f.ex and choose an english team you dont get to play out the last 3-4 months of the season, you just have to wait until the next season starts without playing any matches.

You could just disable first window, which will disable both the first windows and then simulate the game until feb 1

On 29/01/2021 at 20:13, zindrinho said:

It must be fixed, it completely ruins the possibility of a truly realistic game, when big clubs dont get any transfer budgets in the winter window they go ballistics on anyone who's out of contract in the summer or even oldies that doesnt cost much in transfers, since the 2nd window isn't closed, its just that clubs dont have any budgets, just pocket change.

Juan Mata is one of the most wanted men on my game in the winter window :S

Real bummer to find this out.

On 30/01/2021 at 15:39, zindrinho said:

I dont think there's ever been an option to start the game mid-season, if you start the game in Norway in february f.ex and choose an english team you dont get to play out the last 3-4 months of the season, you just have to wait until the next season starts without playing any matches.

You could just disable first window, which will disable both the first windows and then simulate the game until feb 1

I understand this and that wouldn't bother me, I do a longterm journeyman save starting unemployed. I normally holiday until end of January and start applying for jobs then.

Oh wow, I didn't know of this bug. I like to disable the first window and I was planning on making a few signings in January but it looks like that won't be happening? Although I was thinking to myself, it would be cool if we could disable both windows in the first season so the squads match real life until season 2, looks like this big does that.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

On 30/01/2021 at 15:39, zindrinho said:

Selecting the Chilean league allows you to start in January 2021 with all European leagues halfway through the season :thup:

Re. The bug - is it not the case that the clubs releasing funds are doing badly so back their managers financially in January to fund improvements, whereas clubs doing well or overachieving are witholding funds because they are pleased with how things are going?

Just seems weird to me that it only applies to some clubs.

10 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Re. The bug - is it not the case that the clubs releasing funds are doing badly so back their managers financially in January to fund improvements, whereas clubs doing well or overachieving are witholding funds because they are pleased with how things are going?

Just seems weird to me that it only applies to some clubs.

Good point. Maybe it's not a bug?

5 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Good point. Maybe it's not a bug?

Just read that thread properly. The issue isn't that transfers are disabled for an extra window as has been made out, it's that some clubs boards do not give transfer funds in January.

If you spend all your money in August, you don't always get more money in January. I wouldn't be surprised if its intended behaviour tbh?

1 hour ago, Junkhead said:

Just read that thread properly. The issue isn't that transfers are disabled for an extra window as has been made out, it's that some clubs boards do not give transfer funds in January.

If you spend all your money in August, you don't always get more money in January. I wouldn't be surprised if its intended behaviour tbh?

Yeah, it's probably normal then, not a bug 👍🏻

The bug is that the winter transfer budget isnt being updated, so most teams only get pocket change as in extra wage budget, as mentioned here earlier as well the 2nd window isn't disabled there just isnt any transfer budgets, making free/cheap old players highly coveted.

this only happens if you disable first transfer window, so you dont have any money to spend in august.

31 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

The bug is that the winter transfer budget isnt being updated, so most teams only get pocket change as in extra wage budget, as mentioned here earlier as well the 2nd window isn't disabled there just isnt any transfer budgets, making free/cheap old players highly coveted.

this only happens if you disable first transfer window, so you dont have any money to spend in august.

Ah, okay. I'm still going to disable the first window though as it just makes more sense to me. It's a shame that this happens though as a result.

8 hours ago, zindrinho said:

Disabling the first transfer window acts as if August transfer money has been spent - which with a squad full of new signings, it has, in effect. It's not as if loads of money has been spent IRL this January.

Being honest, I probably wouldn't have noticed this personally as my first season is usually spent so low down the leagues that a zero transfer budget is normal.

During the first disabled transfer window you get an "error-message" saying you cant buy or loan anyone when you try to make a transfer bid for a player.

On the 2nd transfer window however, you dont get this message and you are able to make both loan and transfer bids, the game just forgot to update your transfer budget so it still says 0 (more or less)

Some pre-arranged transfers mixes things up tho, like Atalanta getting £25m for Amad Diallo, which again takes away from the realism when teams like that suddenly have the biggest financial muscles in a transfer window.