Guide to FM System and Style Analysers..what do you think.

On the Guide to FM website there is a System and Style Analyser.

https://www.guidetofm.com/tactics/role-combinations/

https://www.guidetofm.com/tactics/playing-style-implementation/

You input various factors, player roles, player duties, team instructions etc and it gives you and idea and suggestions for changes to make.

It does take a little bit of reading to understand the output and what they are telling you.

What does the community think of these? Are they worth the time, are they good, bad....is the community indifferent?

1 hour ago, Herolover said:

It does take a little bit of reading to understand the output and what they are telling you.

There's no better output than actually playing the game and watching how your players behave. I think it just complicates the game unnecessarily. There are already a bunch of stuff for new players to learn, now they have to worry also about penetration score and all the rest that doesn't even account for the formation you are playing against because the way a 442 plays against a 4231 will be different from the way that same 442 will play against another 442.

I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying it makes the game more difficult than it actually is 

It can be useful as a guide for newcomers but I would say only as a guide.

It will say things like your left hand side needs more support or penetration, but what if that’s how you want to set up? Like I say useful as a general guide but I wouldn’t build a tactic strictly to what it advises just to get the 5 star potential 

Thank you for the replies.

I agree that I would not recommend it for someone new to FM. I mean, FM at least to me, is hard enough.

That being said I find as an American and at a lost for Tactics sometime I find these analysers help me see things I did not realize before.

I agree with "Hilly1979" in that some of the things these analysers warn about aren't necessarily things you HAVE to worry about, but they do give you a good idea.

The above analysers are meant as an aid, if you want one, to creating and adjusting a tactic. All they do is identify possible issues to consider, which you may want to then look out for when watching your team. What is important is how your tactic works in practice, and how you intend it to work. So the analysers are not meant to make things more complicated or act as a replacement for your own tactical brain ;)

Also, it's important to be aware that they currently only take into account team instructions and player instructions. So when interpreting the results you need to consider the effects of other factors such as your players' traits and attributes, and the opposition's tactics. For example, a Winger who gets into the opposition area (as a trait) can help to stretch play in central attack, but this won't be picked up by the System Analyser which will treat it as a player who stays wider.

Note that the tools linked in the OP are separate to the Rate My Tactic app, which has been created independently using the logic in my tactical theory (although I have helped the developer with my own feedback). I have tried to provide more information in my analysers so you can see where the results are coming from and so interpret them better.

The reason I was asking is that I have used these and once I understood them they helped me see and understand some things that I had missed before.

I was just wondering what the general communities opinion of them were since I never see anyone mention them here.

No problem, I'm glad they have helped.

I have only published them in recent weeks so I doubt many people have seen them. However, Rate My Tactic has been around since the summer and has been discussed in a few threads here, so you could try a search for that.

One thing ive learned is, there are no absolutes on the game.

Things that shouldn't theoretically work CAN work because of many factors like PPMs or individual player traits.

Things that should theoretically work dont always work, due to the same reason.

This could lead you to having funky roles in your team or deviating away from what you see in your mind, but just respond to your players and what gets the best out of them.

You may want to deliberately do certain things that produce a "low score" on rate my tactic etc....like overloading one side of the pitch or deliberately being less "solid" than you might ordinarily be.

As long as youre happy with what you see in matches, youre fine i think.

11 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

One thing ive learned is, there are no absolutes on the game.

Things that shouldn't theoretically work CAN work because of many factors like PPMs or individual player traits.

Things that should theoretically work dont always work, due to the same reason.

This could lead you to having funky roles in your team or deviating away from what you see in your mind, but just respond to your players and what gets the best out of them.

You may want to deliberately do certain things that produce a "low score" on rate my tactic etc....like overloading one side of the pitch or deliberately being less "solid" than you might ordinarily be.

As long as youre happy with what you see in matches, youre fine i think.

I agree. Also this is dependant on the player.  For example if you have 20 work rate winger you can put him on attack, this lowers your solidity on analyser but he will track back more so its fine.  I made 2 tactics with and underdog team solely based on the tool and i won my last 3 games so its pretty good for beginners

Edited by Egecann

17 hours ago, Guide_to_FM said:

Also, it's important to be aware that they currently only take into account team instructions and player instructions. So when interpreting the results you need to consider the effects of other factors such as your players' traits and attributes, and the opposition's tactics. For example, a Winger who gets into the opposition area (as a trait) can help to stretch play in central attack, but this won't be picked up by the System Analyser which will treat it as a player who stays wider.

This is the part that concerns me for newcomers, they might look at the analyser and see that the tactic is spot on and 5 star rating, but then go unknowingly select players that contradict the advice given and then scratch their heads wondering what’s going on.

But can’t fault the work that’s gone into this :applause:

2 hours ago, Hilly1979 said:

This is the part that concerns me for newcomers, they might look at the analyser and see that the tactic is spot on and 5 star rating, but then go unknowingly select players that contradict the advice given and then scratch their heads wondering what’s going on.

But can’t fault the work that’s gone into this :applause:

My analysers don't give star ratings - you are thinking of the Rate My Tactic app.

I have added in some text to the System Analyser to point out that attributes and traits can affect forward movement scores and responsibilities, but I may be able to take this further.