What's going on with my fullbacks??

The endless defence of this issue is funny.

Ratings are bugged. Statistics aren't being registered. It's that simple. SI have acknowledged it.

It might not bother you but when you are getting news items/media questions about why you aren't dropping a full back playing in the best defence in the league because his avg rating is 6.20 it becomes a bit annoying and tiresome.

Also, look at the top 'key passers' in your game. They will literally ALL be set piece takers because they are the only ones that seem to register.

6 hours ago, DarJ said:

I don't get why people like to complain about everything and don't get me wrong if something isn't working how it should then we should by all means report it with evidence, the more people that do this the more they are forced to find a solution but saying the game is unplayable because your players are getting 6.1 instead of a 6.7 or because the game doesn't record key tackles is a bit ridiculous.

If you're worried that players not having high average ratings influence how much they are valued at then you should keep in mind that it affects the AI too and players values is not calculated just based on average ratings.

Personally I've not noticed it that much. The only time I see my players get low ratings is when they had nothing to do all game 

this is a game that relies heavily on statistics. it drives a shed load of output from player development, to morale, transfer value, media questions, awards and so on.

it's a big issue, it massively impacts the experience. 

I 100% agree that this game generates a lot of hyperbole from fans who love a moan but the stats and analysis being as bugged as they currently are is a genuinely big issue.

a 6.1 in fm means you played like trash. having nothing to do as a defender because your team dominated the game doesn't = a 6.1.

Edited by alittletoojack

1 hour ago, Obaaa said:

The endless defence of this issue is funny.

Ratings are bugged. Statistics aren't being registered. It's that simple. SI have acknowledged it.

It might not bother you but when you are getting news items/media questions about why you aren't dropping a full back playing in the best defence in the league because his avg rating is 6.20 it becomes a bit annoying and tiresome.

Also, look at the top 'key passers' in your game. They will literally ALL be set piece takers because they are the only ones that seem to register.

It's two reasons, people keep making sweeping statements with zero proof or indeed facts and pass them off as gospel and other people are no where near having the same sorts of ridiculously bad ratings on their fullbacks which suggests that even when SI fix the ratings people still might be unhappy because perhaps there are issues with their save rather than just the stats issues.

image.png.8ba70443a1bf7d58441e956063e5e883.png

image.png.034cff72badba6f63c40594028d44472.png

2 minutes ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

It's two reasons, people keep making sweeping statements with zero proof or indeed facts and pass them off as gospel and other people are no where near having the same sorts of ridiculously bad ratings on their fullbacks which suggests that even when SI fix the ratings people still might be unhappy because perhaps there are issues with their save rather than just the stats issues.

image.png.8ba70443a1bf7d58441e956063e5e883.png

image.png.034cff72badba6f63c40594028d44472.png

I assume your full backs are being used further forward and therefore have goals/assists. For those of us that manage teams where our full backs defend, and defend well, the ratings are completely off.

Unfortunately, fullbacks can get low ratings when their cross completion ratio is low even if they did their defensive job perfectly. I agree that's something SI should look to fix, but far from being the sort of issue I personally would be too much bothered about. 

However, the issue would stand a lot bigger chance of being dealt with by SI if it was reported in the Bugs forum than here in the tactical one. 

10 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Unfortunately, fullbacks can get low ratings when their cross completion ratio is low even if they did their defensive job perfectly. I agree that's something SI should look to fix, but far from being the sort of issue I personally would be too much bothered about. 

However, the issue would stand a lot bigger chance of being dealt with by SI if it was reported in the Bugs forum than here in the tactical one. 

Has been reported.

And being raised here because it's directly correlated to the OPs issue.

13 hours ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

If key tackles not being registered and the average rating being slightly tuned down are deal breakers for people then that's your prerogative but I simply do not believe your players haven't registered one key pass.

No it's tackles I was reading the wrong heading 

The issue is far beyond the fullbacks, i finished the season in LaLiga by conceding 14 goals and having an 19.62 xGoals_Against.
And these are the ratings of a phenomenal defensive line:
96338df9deed24cfd5dcf7c27ed99f3a.png

Either the statics provided by the game are wrong or the average rating is completely off.

edit: as you can see i have 'key passes' by players who are not set-piece takers.

"key tackles" are zero but this is an acknowledged bug by SI.

This is a much more important issue than I think people realise. It runs deeper than overall average ratings being lower this version. For a number of reasons really:-

1. As an experienced FM player of over 20 years, if goes against every instinct that getting 6.2 is fine if the overall team performance was good

2. Ratings affect morale, media questions and overall squad harmony if I constantly pick a player with low ratings.

3. It could lead to a situation where human managers feel the need to replace these players when in reality they don’t.

4. If I can’t see why my player is getting a low rating I have no idea what tactical changes I need to improve it.

On my save it seems wide players in particular who suffer. Perhaps this is related to failed crosses. One thing I am finding is my bog standard DM / CM(d) is now the only one getting over 7. On previous FM’s it was nearly impossible for these players to rate well. So perhaps the key tackles not counting is a problem but I suspect SI have just got their model wrong for ratings.