On 15/12/2020 at 13:24, Rob Heckman said:

Hi @Vertigar ice, is this with a manual save or auto save? If it's an auto save, which save type and frequency are you using? Do you have a slightly earlier save (before the two in question) that you can re-load and continue again with? If so, does it crash with that too?

I'm the same can't re load any earlier save either it's really annoying needs sorting asap

On 15/12/2020 at 13:24, Rob Heckman said:

Hi @Vertigar ice, is this with a manual save or auto save? If it's an auto save, which save type and frequency are you using? Do you have a slightly earlier save (before the two in question) that you can re-load and continue again with? If so, does it crash with that too?

Any update on fix just got to 2024 and the game won't save, fuming sort it out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 21/12/2020 at 23:47, Chris Evans93 said:

Any update on fix just got to 2024 and the game won't save, fuming sort it out. 

Hi, could you provide me with the information requested above as this could help us identify this issue. Thanks.

I have been having a similar issue.

My game freezes when I advance sometimes but I can get back to the last save point but when it freezes while I’m saving the game it’s crashed a few time and the save doesn’t come back unless I load up. Is there a way to get my saved back. When I click on the save it says the save game could not be loaded.

image.jpg

On 08/01/2021 at 16:22, Jack2003 said:

I have been having a similar issue.

My game freezes when I advance sometimes but I can get back to the last save point but when it freezes while I’m saving the game it’s crashed a few time and the save doesn’t come back unless I load up. Is there a way to get my saved back. When I click on the save it says the save game could not be loaded.

image.jpg

Exact same thing happened to me can’t get past the first pre season game without freezing so practically can’t play the game 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2021 at 12:31, Rob Heckman said:

Hi, could you provide me with the information requested above as this could help us identify this issue. Thanks.

Yeah, certain points in the game i go to save and it freezes on it, when I reload save is corrupt could you imagine winning everything in America, going to save it and then it crashed, please sort this issue out I'm running out of paintence

• 3 weeks later...

My game froze while saving too. I had to restart the game and now the save is corrupted. This is the second time I've had a save corrupted because of the game freezing. The first was just after my third season and this was halfway through the first but I was with the same team, Bradford FC, trying to get back to back promotio like I did in the first.

• SI Staff

Hi all,

Thank you for your posts on this subject, and please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack of communication on this issue in recent weeks.

Unfortunately while we had hoped the latest update would have resolved this issue, the feedback from the community has highlighted that this is still an ongoing issue. The issue is in relation to Microsoft's Cloud and it's something we're in discussions with their team about.

At the moment we're not in a position to provide any further updates than that however once we have any information that we can share, we will do so. 

We understand this situation is frustrating for all and appreciate the patience shown.

Thanks, and apologies once again. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes my game on fm21 for Xbox crashes every time at the same spot, no matter how many times I try or how far back I reload from, exact crash point every time! I’ve wasted hours of time playing the game and if this can happen what’s the point???

On 04/03/2021 at 19:44, Matthew Noble said:

In a middle of save and going into a match the game crashes tried this numerous times same result 

Same here! Put in a lot of time and effort into my save and mid way through season it crashes as I'm going into a match and closes the game on whatever device I'm planning on (either my PC or Xbox Series X. Tried it on both and both has the same result.)

Please provide update and/or solution SI

8 hours ago, gunnerm9 said:

Same here! Put in a lot of time and effort into my save and mid way through season it crashes as I'm going into a match and closes the game on whatever device I'm planning on (either my PC or Xbox Series X. Tried it on both and both has the same result.)

Please provide update and/or solution SI

Same thing has started happening to me today - I got to an FA Cup match and the game keeps crashing to menu when I try to load the match. I’ve tried playing it, simulating it, different load points and always crashes at the same moment. I then tried going on holiday for 2 days and that worked, the match was a draw, I played another league game with absolutely no problem, and then I got to the replay and it’s started crashing again! This time trying to go on holiday to solve also crashes the game so I can only assume it’s some problem with simulating the cup match where a result is required, but that doesn’t explain why I am unable to play the game normally either. Very frustrating and has left me totally unable to progress.

• SI Staff

Hi guys, we have a possible solution for you to send any saves over to us that are experiencing crashes however, this will only be possible if you have a PC (Windows 10). 

If you are playing on console or switching between console and PC, then follow these steps:

1) Launch FM21 Xbox Edition on Windows 10 and sign into your account (this will start to sync data across from the console)

2) Once the title launches, load the affected file from the 'Load Game' or 'Load Last Game' dialog

3) Once the save has loaded please minimize the game and go to the following: C:\Users\YOUR.NAME\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition\Temporary

4) Within the Temporary folder you will find the save (please note that the save and information will disappear soon after opening)

5) Copy the save file from the folder to another location (for example the desktop)

6) Upload to our cloud service (details copied below)

If you are playing on the PC version, then follow these steps:

1) Launch FM21 Xbox Edition on Windows 10 and sign into your account 

2) Once the title launches, load the affected file from the 'Load Game' or 'Load Last Game' dialog

3) Once the save has loaded please minimize the game and go to the following: C:\Users\YOUR.NAME\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition\Temporary

4) Within the Temporary folder you will find the save (please note that the save and information will disappear soon after opening)

5) Copy the save file from the folder to another location (for example the desktop)

4 hours ago, Rob Heckman said:

Hi guys, we have a possible solution for you to send any saves over to us that are experiencing crashes however, this will only be possible if you have a PC (Windows 10). 

If you are playing on console or switching between console and PC, then follow these steps:

1) Launch FM21 Xbox Edition on Windows 10 and sign into your account (this will start to sync data across from the console)

If you are playing on the PC version, then follow these steps:

1) Launch FM21 Xbox Edition on Windows 10 and sign into your account 

Sadly I don’t have a PC (hence why I am playing on console edition!), I assume there will be a proper fix for this at some point that will allow these saves to progress on console?

The game is brilliant but simply unplayable at present for the save I’ve sunk a bit of time in to and I am reluctant to start another career as I assume the same thing will just happen again at some stage.

5 hours ago, jack.harrison92 said:

Sadly I don’t have a PC (hence why I am playing on console edition!), I assume there will be a proper fix for this at some point that will allow these saves to progress on console?

The game is brilliant but simply unplayable at present for the save I’ve sunk a bit of time in to and I am reluctant to start another career as I assume the same thing will just happen again at some stage.

Same here playing on the console as i haven't got a PC 

8 hours ago, jack.harrison92 said:

Exactly the same for me, put in about 3 weeks worth of time into the save so of course would rather not start a new one, let’s hope for a fix

• SI Staff

@Ozgun Ovacik thank you for your save too. Can you also confirm this is related to the save issue that we have been experiencing? You won't need us to send you anything as any fixes will most likely come via updates. Providing a save gives us more information to work with mainly. Thanks.

If anyone else does have a PC and a save they can provide, that would also be appreciated. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Derpa said:

I downloaded it just now also and it won’t let me get past the privacy policy screen when you need to hit Y. Playing on Xbox edition. Was this not tested before it was released lol?

Press down on the left stick and that should bring up the cursor to continue mate. I was confused about the same thing

14 hours ago, Lamby 93 said:

Is this getting fixed? 
same thing is happening to me on Xbox 

every time I try and play a certain match it kicks me out of the game 

about to get promoted with Salford 😂

Same with me, keeps going off no matter what happens or if I try find a way round it. Very frustrating just waiting and waiting. How many seasons you in far? 

14 hours ago, Lamby 93 said:

Is this getting fixed? 
same thing is happening to me on Xbox 

every time I try and play a certain match it kicks me out of the game 

about to get promoted with Salford 😂

• SI Staff

Hi @Chris Evans93, unfortunately I can't provide an estimated date as this is still being investigated by the team. As soon as we have some news we will be able to update everyone on the situation but unfortunately, it isn't possible at this stage. I understand how frustrating this issue is and all I can do is apologize for the inconvenience that this must be causing the affected customers. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Rob Heckman said:

Hi @Chris Evans93, unfortunately I can't provide an estimated date as this is still being investigated by the team. As soon as we have some news we will be able to update everyone on the situation but unfortunately, it isn't possible at this stage. I understand how frustrating this issue is and all I can do is apologize for the inconvenience that this must be causing the affected customers. Thanks.

Okay, Neil told me that Microsoft where looking at the cloud storage or something is this what yourselves are looking at. 

I also play on Xbox. The game always crashes in the same place before the game can be simulated. Nothing helped, no routine, no reboot, just nothing. Again and again the screen turns black and you return to the dashboard.

Surely it really must not be true that you invest time for weeks and that the save game is destroyed? If you are not able to fix this error, then you should pay people back the money. It really is a naughty thing to put such a game on the market with such serious mistakes. Incomprehensible... 

5 hours ago, IN_FL4MES said:

I also play on Xbox. The game always crashes in the same place before the game can be simulated. Nothing helped, no routine, no reboot, just nothing. Again and again the screen turns black and you return to the dashboard.

Surely it really must not be true that you invest time for weeks and that the save game is destroyed? If you are not able to fix this error, then you should pay people back the money. It really is a naughty thing to put such a game on the market with such serious mistakes. Incomprehensible... 

totally agree I was just getting into fm manager  after many years of not playing,  learning how everything worked with tactics and training, had a decent team, then game crashes back to Microsoft dashboard and won’t play past the same point every time, very disappointing and has left a bad taste, I’m willing to wait a little for a possible fix, but if nothing happens soon, surely a refund should be forthcoming 

The worst of all is that you have waited for a football manager for years and then such a fiasco happens. Obviously the problem has existed for a long time and so far what exactly has been done? Should I start a new game and have the same mistake again after three or four seasons? For me there is too little communication here.

It cannot be true that you have to play for weeks and start a new game every time. Therefore, it would make sense if the developer would express how he imagines it and what has been sold to the people here. In addition, the support for the PC does not help me at all. If there is no way to repair the savegames, then I have to fix the error. Or may not publish it for consoles! It really can't be true that starting a new game should be the only solution. That would be absolutely ridiculous and cannot be the point.

I too had this issue where black screen and backs out to xbox screen.

I have been able to go back into a load a few weeks before it was crashing and be able to play onwards from there past where the game kept crashing. So worth if a try if you have not already attempted to do so. im no exppert on the game but looks like multiple backup versions are saved when you click load game, rather than resume your last save by clicking your name as usual. 

In fact, you could continue playing with another savegame and get past the point where it always crashes. However, I have to play again in Game 1 year and my progress is gone. This is not a little time and effort, for nothing and away. The next question is when it crashes again and goes no further? That's not the point of the game, or dear developers? Unfortunately, however, this is not really the case, except that it is being worked on. But my question again: How long has the problem been in the community? Since December 2020?

15 minutes ago, IN_FL4MES said:

In fact, you could continue playing with another savegame and get past the point where it always crashes. However, I have to play again in Game 1 year and my progress is gone. This is not a little time and effort, for nothing and away. The next question is when it crashes again and goes no further? That's not the point of the game, or dear developers? Unfortunately, however, this is not really the case, except that it is being worked on. But my question again: How long has the problem been in the community? Since December 2020?

Yes since December but only really took notice in February of the problem. 

This error is reproducible and must be corrected, I think. For me, the error occurred ingame on December 3, 2023. But will the mistake in the old savegame occur again at some point, possibly in 2025? Or what if it no longer works to continue playing? Should I always create 7 savegames and stagger them so that I have something to do if I'm bored? Come on, that can't be your seriousness. It's really a terrific game and I can live with some mistakes, but this mistake is a disaster!

There was just a 1GB update on Xbox. And what can I say? I play my old savegame and it works without any problems. That's really great that I don't have to use an old score. This is what good support looks like, respect for it. Hopefully the mistake has now completely disappeared. Wish everyone still a lot of fun and joy with these great Manager. 

Edited by IN_FL4MES

Hi @Neil Brock @Rob Heckman I may be reading this wrong so apologies, the update has downloaded so it should be all ok now but from hearing other people’s comments it seems like they can get back on their corrupted saves. Is there anyway of getting back my corrupted saves as I was really far in so would appreciate if I could play it again, If not I guess I’ll just have to start a new save