Replicating Piolis AC Milan

48 minutes ago, DarJ said:

for me Kessie is a B2B or a Volante and Bennacer is either a DLP or Regista. depends if you have them in the CM or DM position.

They use Zlatan would be a Target man or DLP 

Im playing with CMs. What about the AMC position. SS, AMC, AP or T ?

2 saat önce, ThomasHK1979 said:

I’m trying to replicate Piolis Milan tactic. But I really struggle to find the right roles for Bennacer, Kessie, Calhanoglu and Zlatan. 
Any suggestions?

I think like this. Calhanoglu AM-su , leao IF-su, sealemearkes(idk this guy name) winger , bennacer dlp-su kessie volante and ibra cf-attack.

20201204_005229.png

Just now, neptune'sblue said:

I think like this. Calhanoglu AM-su , leao IF-su, sealemearkes(idk this guy name) winger , bennacer dlp-su kessie volante and ibra cf-attack.

20201204_005229.png

I'd argue Leao plays more as Inverted wingers

2 central midfielders works well for me with one as DLP-d (Tonali or Bennacur) and Kessie as B2B-s.

Zlatan is the hardest one as he's prob DLF-s but then doesn;t work well for me if you have an AM-A as they get in each others way. Usually put Ibra as AF-a. 

Calhanoglu worked great for me on FM20 as an AML playing as IF-s with the Hernandez at left back as FB-a.

Edited by Markmilan

Having seen very little I'd definitely say it's a 4231. Whenever Zlatan plays, Calhanoglu get's very close to him so probably a DLFsu + SS (or AMCat). Rebic on the left would be a IFat with Theo as a FBat behind him. Bennacer would then be a DLPde to create a balance. On the other side I'd say Saelemaekers is a Wsu and Kessie a BBMsu. That's roughly how I'd set it up.

I've been able to find great success with a 4-3-3 with a Regista:

Zlatan (DLF-A)

Rebic/Leao (IF-S), Saeleamakers (W-S)

Calhanoglu (AP-A), Kessie (BBM-S)

Bennacer/Tonali (Regista-S)

Theo (CWB-A), Romagnoli (BPD-D), Kjaer (CD-D), Calabria (CWB-S)

Donnarumma (SK-S) 

Zlatan currently leads the league in goals and has around 33 total in 35 games. I've never been good at making 4-2-3-1's with a central AM where Calhanoglu should be, but having him run from deep as a AP-A from the central midfield spot has worked well. I have both wingers and wingbacks set to "Cross Aim: Target Man" so that everyone is looking to Zlatan, just like Pioli's Milan. Kessie and Calhanoglu chip in (around 15 goals between the two). It's been working very well and my side is top of the table in March. 

47 minutes ago, mjagiel said:

I've been able to find great success with a 4-3-3 with a Regista:

Zlatan (DLF-A)

Rebic/Leao (IF-S), Saeleamakers (W-S)

Calhanoglu (AP-A), Kessie (BBM-S)

Bennacer/Tonali (Regista-S)

Theo (CWB-A), Romagnoli (BPD-D), Kjaer (CD-D), Calabria (CWB-S)

Donnarumma (SK-S) 

Zlatan currently leads the league in goals and has around 33 total in 35 games. I've never been good at making 4-2-3-1's with a central AM where Calhanoglu should be, but having him run from deep as a AP-A from the central midfield spot has worked well. I have both wingers and wingbacks set to "Cross Aim: Target Man" so that everyone is looking to Zlatan, just like Pioli's Milan. Kessie and Calhanoglu chip in (around 15 goals between the two). It's been working very well and my side is top of the table in March. 

Great. A couple of questions.

1) Can you post a screen of your tactic? 
2) You have both Theo and Hakan on Attack. Aren’t you exposed on the left side?

14 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Great. A couple of questions.

1) Can you post a screen of your tactic? 
2) You have both Theo and Hakan on Attack. Aren’t you exposed on the left side?

1846056916_newtactic.png.e3b51a9e367ca5b2a1f3253c124ec97b.png

Played this with Milan and won the league. It was during beta and I played only 1 season.

Leao and Ibra shared the AF position, Diaz and calhanoglu shared the Am position, Salemikas and Castillejo played as the trequartsta, Rebic and Hauge played as IF, Kessie, Bennacer, Tonalli and Rovella shared the CM positions and the rest of the team picks itself 

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

1846056916_newtactic.png.e3b51a9e367ca5b2a1f3253c124ec97b.png

Played this with Milan and won the league. It was during beta and I played only 1 season.

Leao and Ibra shared the AF position, Diaz and calhanoglu shared the Am position, Salemikas and Castillejo played as the trequartsta, Rebic and Hauge played as IF, Kessie, Bennacer, Tonalli and Rovella shared the CM positions and the rest of the team picks itself 

Thanks but I meant screen of your 433 tactic. 

Wasn’t me mate, I’ll post mine today. As for the left wing question, it hasn’t really come back to bite me very often. Having a consistent possession and pressure system has kept things pretty tidy. I ended up accepting a great offer for Calhanoglu ($30m + 40% future profit from Bayern) so I’ve had other guys play that left CM spot as either AP-A or Mezzala/CM-A and it still works pretty well. 

2020-12-06.png

Edited by mjagiel
Here you go. This is on FM19 but I would imagine it will play pretty similarly with any of the recent ones. Tweak it how you like but with "Pioli's Milan" squad makeup it has worked pretty well for me.

9 hours ago, mjagiel said:

Wasn’t me mate, I’ll post mine today. As for the left wing question, it hasn’t really come back to bite me very often. Having a consistent possession and pressure system has kept things pretty tidy. I ended up accepting a great offer for Calhanoglu ($30m + 40% future profit from Bayern) so I’ve had other guys play that left CM spot as either AP-A or Mezzala/CM-A and it still works pretty well. 

2020-12-06.png

Thanks. I have never managed to make a Mezzala do well in a 433 system. 

I see now that you’re playing FM19 ???

Edited by ThomasHK1979

Em 04/12/2020 em 13:29, Justified disse:

Having seen very little I'd definitely say it's a 4231. Whenever Zlatan plays, Calhanoglu get's very close to him so probably a DLFsu + SS (or AMCat). Rebic on the left would be a IFat with Theo as a FBat behind him. Bennacer would then be a DLPde to create a balance. On the other side I'd say Saelemaekers is a Wsu and Kessie a BBMsu. That's roughly how I'd set it up.

That's very close to the way I see it. My take would be (from right to left):

GK

FB-S

BPD

BPD

FB-A

B2B

DLP-D

W-S

AM-A

IF-S (or IW-A cause IW have lower mentalities than IF)

Trequartista

I only use to watch match highlights to I won't venture with any TI's aside perhaps overlap left to increase theo's mentality...

I would like to see other people's attempt at mentality/TI's to recreate this side.

8 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Thanks. I have never managed to make a Mezzala do well in a 433 system. 

I see now that you’re playing FM19 ???

Yep but I would imagine this should play well on the newer ones as well. With Calhanoglu and Krunic I use AP-A but if things start getting stale I'll switch one of my wingers (usually Bernardeschi who I got on loan from Juve) to an AP-A and then change my central midfield to CM-A or MEZ-A with Kessie. The idea is to always have a playmaker pushing the play with runners around him going forward. Since Zlatan is slow I use a low tempo and short passing. The playmaker will look to find the wingers and/or overlapping wing backs and then the end goal is to find Zlatan in the box. When I sub Zlatan out or if he's hurt then I use Leao as an AF and try to play quicker with more direct passing. It'll take some tweaking though.

Edited by mjagiel