Unable to advance a online game freezes on compiling press officer summary

4 hours ago, dabest said:

Could you go through the steps again please? I see the host needing to press first and last, maybe I am reading it wrong

I found the best way to get this to work .. Nobody press Continue (RT) till after you & your friend(s) matches have all fully finished ... Then the host has to be the last one to press RT to continue ... Seems to work for me everytime. Also if you forget to do it in order ... If you get you're friend to quit out, It tends to let you through, then just invite him back in

8 hours ago, TC237 said:

I found the best way to get this to work .. Nobody press Continue (RT) till after you & your friend(s) matches have all fully finished ... Then the host has to be the last one to press RT to continue ... Seems to work for me everytime. Also if you forget to do it in order ... If you get you're friend to quit out, It tends to let you through, then just invite him back in

Thanks, am i right in saying that will be okay for the host but my friends will still have to quit and rejoin after every match? Is that the only way currently?

Is there any sort of ETA on how long a fix like this might take?

Love the game aside from the few bugs, but my friends are flat out refusing to play network games now as we keep having to replay important games and it spoils it when you're fighting relegation.

My game is also freezing every single time I play a match, freezes on compiling press officer thing. Just playing normal career on PC. Not online. Has happened every game, can only play click for instant result otherwise it freezes. What a disgrace of a game 

I have found an actual way around it. 
Although it takes some fun out of the game you can actually just SIM the matches. Me and a couple of friends have tried this and we are now half way through the first season without experiencing this fault once. 
You can also watch most of the game and SIM the last 5/10 minutes and this still works! (Everyone has to do it though)

• SI Staff
On 06/12/2020 at 09:37, dsdans said:

Is there any sort of ETA on how long a fix like this might take?

Updates take time to go through Microsoft's submission process so we can't give any firm timelines, but we're working on this as an urgent priority.

On 06/12/2020 at 21:57, PazOG said:

My game is also freezing every single time I play a match, freezes on compiling press officer thing. Just playing normal career on PC. Not online. Has happened every game, can only play click for instant result otherwise it freezes. What a disgrace of a game 

Had this exact issue myself, was just about to give up and restart game again (4th time) and I unplugged the charger and it worked. I'm managing 2 teams so think thats the issue on PC

@Alex Pitt

I, together with my owners, demand a refund ... we bought the game for you to play together on-line ... it is already 10 days to repair a simple fault, do not respect the customers who pay for your games

I, together with my owners, demand a refund ... we bought the game for you to play together on-line ... it is already 10 days to repair a simple fault, do not respect the customers who pay for your games

Edited by Kalus141

On 8.12.2020 at 02:57, Alex Pitt said:

Aktualizacje wymagają czasu, aby przejść przez proces przesyłania przez firmę Microsoft, więc nie możemy podać żadnych konkretnych ram czasowych, ale pracujemy nad tym jako pilny priorytet.

image.png

I have a network game with 1 of my friends and we have played ½ a season now, but also seen this problem occur

We have been narrowing it down to the following, which tends to solve the problem:

The first player to hit continue first is the one to do the following (when progress bar is stalled):

Clik down on mousewheel once, then use the controller and push left trigger first, and then right trigger... then the game should continue...

Edited by Morten Daugaard

On 04/12/2020 at 13:46, EdL said:

Running through xbox submission alone can take 4 days, let alone we have to reproduce, fix and test all the issues ourselves first - updating a console game is not a quick thing I'm afraid - we are working on it!

seriously this was ages ago when's this getting patch i paid 30 pound for this game and for 30 for my friends so we can play online together and we cant even do that. i get it take time but when will it be patched?

I get things take time, but I'd argue something that occurs this often and is so gamebreaking shouldn't really have been in the game at release.

Perhaps we need an Xbox beta next time to iron things like this out? Frustrating as me and my friend went the xbox route to make it easier for us to play together. If we would have known we would have got the steam version

7 hours ago, Rob Heckman said:

Hi all, apologies for the delay. This is still in process but we are working on getting a fix out to you guys as soon as possible. Thanks.

No offence @Rob Heckman but its been nearly 2 weeks and one of football mangers main attractions is network play which so far in 2 seasons has cost me 26 points because of having to reload and replay games.. I appreciate bugs take time fix but 2 weeks is an absolute joke without any communication.. fm22 will be out before this is fixed 

On 01/12/2020 at 13:05, AlcoholicSocks said:

I'm trying to play an online game and it doesn't work at all.

Everytime the host saves the game it crashes for the host. This causes the game to become corrupted, we have restarted 4 times already because of this.

If we are too slow entering the password for the game server, it crashes the game to the Xbox dashboard.

We're all on the Series X too.

Thought this was fixed. Saving the game still causes it to crash.