[FM21] Realistic Injuries 1.0 *UPDATED 12/12/20* Added Reduced Frequency

5 hours ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

I average 6 injuries per month through both(1st team and reserves) at the club(in very differing saves) So in my save because I have got rid of my u18 setup there are around 42 players which at an average of 3 injuries per month per squad I feel is an acceptable level. I have made my thoughts clear on here about match sharpness which I think is overcooked from SI's side compared to reality but unless you have a squad of injury prone players then I don't think you should be getting anywhere near those injuries. 

You can see at one point my injury situation got so low that I had to check if I definitely had the mod installed up until this week when my goalie had to go off on leave for personal problems and my LB caught his STD just before the cup final. :mad:

Btw that is a ridiculously big squad you have there, I am counting 33 players in that squad which with I am guessing no 2nd Team means you are going to have a ton of players that aren't match sharp and have very little to no chance of getting match sharp which spells viscous cycle of chucking players with no match sharpness in to a game who end up getting injured.

I am saying all of this as someone who really struggled with the mod at first but it does require a definite change in attitude to your training schedules, how you monitor injury prone players and how you monitor players who have a higher injury risk and this is a biggie if you have players who are returning from international duty. 

The two keys I can see is despite what you have said I don't think you have handled pre-season as optimally as you can, and also if you want that many players then downloading a mod with expanded German leagues is a priority to make sure you have a reserve team to provide match fitness for all your players.

This squad and tactics view is a priority for me to monitor players fitness. You can spot there that one of my above average susceptible to injury players in the red zone for risk so now he becomes a priority in making sure he is managed till he is out of the red zone.

So nice to follow your progress!

Makes you feel more like a manager, eh?

I chuckled at this:

image.png.8b6bbd0e50dc466fcddf70155f81c476.png

As yes, that's how I feel at times, it's tooo easy, once you learn how to prevent them, and there needs to be more injuries! lol. But in reality, the ebb and flow of more injuries or less at times is the ideal thing, and realistic.

The more I am playing, the more I agree with you match sharpness is too harsh. It is too difficult to increase, which breeds injuries.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/03/2021 at 05:33, Mark6880 said:

I downloaded this previously and whilst the injuries are realistic, it just completely depleted my team. 

I had this installed on multiple saves and usually your top 4-5 integral players are injured at the same time - the common theme being up to 3-6 weeks a time per player on average. I can't be doing that! 

Great work though majesticeternity!

If you read the tips on this thread on how to prevent them, you'll find there are less injuries than you came across.

Either way, if that's not fun for you, then of course just play vanilla, and thanks for the feedback!

Enjoy your save!

1 hour ago, Morgan Kane said:

In the reduced frequency file, what is the percentage in terms of injuries compared to the touted 80% default and the 100% in your regular realistic injuries file?

It’s very difficult to say, as every save is different, and as seen in this thread, poor injury prevention and management will see a massive increase, good management will see either the same amount or less. 

also, there will be more injuries, day to day ones, play-through ones, and such. I also reduced the amount of longer injuries. So I would say generally it would be about same as vanilla in the end.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello

From my experience this File is one of the best injury files I have ever used in FM21.

Very realistic file and it makes training management essentiel.

Is it possible to use this file in FM23 as well?

Edited by Captain_T