FM21: The English Football League thread

warlock

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rollin93 said:

I looked at forest green but I done a long save with them on fm21 so fancy a change 

Fair! I have a tendency to do the same clubs over and over, so I'll try to be a bit bolder this year. Never done FGR myself, so they're on the list, and maybe Carlisle or Harrogate. I also think Bradford City will make for a good time. In L1, Wycombe and Doncaster are my current picks, and I'm thinking about West Brom and Hull in the Championship (I did Hull last year but gave it up after getting them promoted so it only seems fair to manage their promotion season :lol:). And there'll be my annual attempt to return the mighty Quakers to the glorious heights of L2.

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

AZ or one of the clubs just below them (Heerenveen, Feyenoord, FC Twente, Vitesse, Groningen) would be nice.

Similar to my thoughts, although I fancy Go Ahead Eagles, purely because I remember doing a double-take the first time I saw the name in FM years ago (and I now see they're back in the Eredivisie).

36 minutes ago, warlock said:

And there'll be my annual attempt to return the mighty Quakers to the glorious heights of L2.

Similar to my thoughts, although I fancy Go Ahead Eagles, purely because I remember doing a double-take the first time I saw the name in FM years ago (and I now see they're back in the Eredivisie).

They'll literally be Quaking in their boots if you rock up at Darlo again.

Talking of footwear, if you Go Ahead with that Dutch save, you might end up with a bunch of cloggers rather than a side set for total football.

We're on different EFL teams this year. Apart from FGR, I've done Donny, Carlisle, Bradford, Hull & West Brom. But never Harrogate or Wycombe.

3 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

We're on different EFL teams this year. Apart from FGR, I've done Donny, Carlisle, Bradford, Hull & West Brom. But never Harrogate or Wycombe.

I'm looking forward to comparing notes on FGR. I seem to remember I did a very brief stint with Carlisle a couple of years ago - it lasted until I realised they couldn't meet the home-grown rules and had to play the season with a man short on the bench. Unfun :D

7 hours ago, warlock said:

I'm looking forward to comparing notes on FGR. I seem to remember I did a very brief stint with Carlisle a couple of years ago - it lasted until I realised they couldn't meet the home-grown rules and had to play the season with a man short on the bench. Unfun :D

I had that with FGR. The rules don't require that now.

Apologies to those eagerly awaiting the FM22 version of the thread. Real life has intervened in a most inconvenient way this week, severely limiting my time :rolleyes:. The opening posts are close to completion but it will be another day or two before they're finished. Thank you for your patience!

On 13/11/2021 at 15:11, warlock said:

Apologies to those eagerly awaiting the FM22 version of the thread. Real life has intervened in a most inconvenient way this week, severely limiting my time :rolleyes:. The opening posts are close to completion but it will be another day or two before they're finished. Thank you for your patience!

No panic at all. I hope all is well and we'll all be around whenever the time is right :thup:

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I hope all is well

Yeah - the lovely MrsW volunteered me for a small paid-for consultancy job, five working days, deadline tomorrow. Bit of a pain but the pay rate is very good so that helps. But that too was delayed when the garden side gate surrendered to the rigours of life and fell to bits, leaving the rear of the house open to passing ne'er-do-wells. Seemed like a simple replacement job until I realised that garden gates come in standard sizes and we have a non-standard 'ole, necessitating a bit of carpentry and painting. LIfe is never simple, eh :rolleyes:

But my time is my own tomorrow, so fingers crossed... :D

5 minutes ago, warlock said:

Yeah - the lovely MrsW volunteered me for a small paid-for consultancy job, five working days, deadline tomorrow. Bit of a pain but the pay rate is very good so that helps. But that too was delayed when the garden side gate surrendered to the rigours of life and fell to bits, leaving the rear of the house open to passing ne'er-do-wells. Seemed like a simple replacement job until I realised that garden gates come in standard sizes and we have a non-standard 'ole, necessitating a bit of carpentry and painting. LIfe is never simple, eh :rolleyes:

But my time is my own tomorrow, so fingers crossed... :D

Haha. As long as you're capable of the carpentry and painting, I guess all will turn out well eventually! At least Mrs W got good financial terms for you there :lol: