So what exactly should i be doing for the next week?

I am having a little play with a short term Beta save while I await the full release to start my (hopefully) long term, single club, save with Gloucester City.

However in-between playing my Beta save I have been getting things ready for my main save...

• Moved across all facepacks, kits and badges to FM21 folders and checked they are working
  • Made the real names fixes
  • Set up my preferred views for squad, scout and player search views
  • Loaded up Gloucester City to have a look at the squad, create a tactic and identify weak areas that I will need to recruit to
  • Used the player search to create a shortlist of players that I will scout and then potentially buy when I start my main save.

Is there anything else I can usefully be doing now in preparation?

It feels like the next week will drag! I know i could start my main save now, there doesn't seem to be any long term save killing bugs this year (unlike last year with the low determination of newgens issue) - but I just prefer to start it following the next update...

Let me know what you think...

16 minutes ago, Bazz Playerz said:

You've said you made your own tactic? I always use the 2 weeks beta to find the tactic that works and I want to use for a long term save when the full game drops. 

Yeah I have created a tactic.... not checked if its any good though lol... i guess i could use it in my Beta save to test it out a bit. 

I would be setting up set piece routines for said tactic. For me, it's always one of the last things I can be bothered to do because it takes me ages, yet every time I end up asking myself why I didn't do it earlier because the rewards are so great once it's done.

Underrated and overlooked in terms of importance I feel.

I’m doing the same for my long term Southend Utd save, but I’m still waiting to understand if brexit rules will be modified for the full release or we have to hope in an external workaround. If things stay like now, it will be a game breaker for all those coming up from lower UK leagues.

Also, having not long been sacked on my beta save, I'm kinda sitting in limbo at the moment as well. Don't really want to start another save, when I'm just going to be starting my main one on Tuesday. 

Probably go back to my FMT20 save with Stirling whilst I wait. 

31 minutes ago, LolloViola said:

I’m doing the same for my long term Southend Utd save, but I’m still waiting to understand if brexit rules will be modified for the full release or we have to hope in an external workaround. If things stay like now, it will be a game breaker for all those coming up from lower UK leagues.

Why will it?

From what I read, it will be basically impossible to sign most of non-Uk players who have not played in their national team. This means no more bargains, hidden gems or unknown regens discovered late in the game, that is one of the part I enjoy the most when I play long lasting saves in UK.

5 hours ago, Firecracker048 said:

Isnt your save going to move over? Im planning on taking my Hereford FC team over when full drops

Yeah you can absolutely do that, I think I did last year. But this year I always planned to have a play about a bit on a beta save then start a long term save from official release date.