Knap FM09 442 Tactics

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go to image shack. Once its hosted click on screenshot and you will then see a forum link to copy and paste. Zonal away but not at home?

Darkstarr

What would be useful is a copy of your game at start on next season. How did you do at finish of season?

I've still not finished the season yet mate. Few hours left i reckon.

Would you need it from just before first match?

Darkstarr

Just before first match would be ideal.

Wonderkid - Try 107 first but4222 may work

Matti - Try reducing creative freedom until gelled. See below for Spurs against Arsenal result 1st season.

Vitalic - Arsenal away is hardest game for Spurs - all I did was tick counter attack on the 107 tactic - even match some you win some you lose. I do not like defensive tactics as they invite pressure and not keen on counter attack. However if a game goes pear shaped its worth having a plan B.

arsenalvtottenham2zd6.png

w1440.png

matti

I used no creative freedom in FM08 and max never worked in FM08 but max works in FM09, so try team normal and see how it goes. Also to be a little more defensive to perhaps grind out a few results change FB cross to mix or deep and try reducing forward runs, this should tighten defence or try the counter attack option. The problem is that if you have luck on your side at start of season you can get away to a flyer which helps morale, but if you are unlucky it can spiral out of control, nothing to do with tactics (subject to having your best players on pitch), which is why I long term test to try and avoid background noise.

knap,am using your 107 tactic and sometimes your 424 tactic with man utd and am still struggling badly to close out games.am 6 pts behind arsenal at the top in with 10 games to go because of too many draws against the likes of boro,hull and blackburn.my forwards are a disaster - theyre just not scoring.ronaldo gets all the goals (17) with good contributions from carrick (10) and nani (8) also.is there any tweeks to your team/player instructions that you think might help.

also i watch all the games in commentary only - does this make any difference??

thanks

Hi Knap

I recently started a new game with Darlington in the English Coca-Cola league 2 and after managing to win the division using 3 or 4 different formations, I decided to try and build my team around a 442 as it's my favorite formation, so I decided to give your 107pt tactic a go. I expected to struggle in league 1 with the squad I have, even more so when I realized the board had only given me a £353 transfer budget for the new season, but after about 15 games things were going extremely well with me sitting mid-table after around 15 games. I hoped my team would hold that position throughout the season but as this screenshot shows, they didn't...

DarlingtonCoca-ColaLeague1.png

To my surprise they got even stronger, my top scorer is currently the right side striker Lucas Jutkiewicz who I have on loan from Everton with 20 in 34 league appearances, the left striker, Pawel Abbott, has also managed to get 17 in 23 appearances with the team managing 63 in total, 2nd highest in the division so far! The only changes I have made to the tactic is to the fullbacks, I changed run with ball from often to mixed as they aren't the greatest dribblers and seemed to be losing the ball around the half way line a bit too often. Overall the results have been great, most of the draws have been 2nd half comebacks by the opposition and I have had 2 high scoring 5-3 wins, I even played Man City in the FA cup and only lost 1-0.

I just wanted thank you for the tactic and let you know how my team was performing with it, hopefully they can continue to do well for the rest of the season and maybe even get me to the playoffs!

This is the best tactic so far from what I've tried, but the striker non-goal scoring issue and bad performance still remains.

Soon I'll post my results from my Man City game, currently I'm first in the league with 3 points advantage and a few games to play.

I had the striker problem with any of knap's tactics unfortunately, despite doing great. Sometimes they score loads, then not for 10 games with ratings of 5 or so.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to play around with it, but I am sure there will be some sort of solution for it eventually ;) The game just came out after all

The non goal scoring issue was a problem in FM08 using 442, and this is 442 without any arrows to help. The 4222 appears to get more from the strikers but this is more the 424 formation or long arrowed 442 a much more effective tactic in FM08.

Commentary only should not make any difference and many use it as it avoids having to watch AI antics (Interesting discussin on FM Britain). I will quickly set up a close out game tactic for you to try. With MU try the 4222.

Knap... I'm using your 107pts tactic with Villa, but I can't say I'm having a great time with it. I've signed Owen and Boka (left back) so I'm a bit worried it could be that the team isn't gelling too well.

Anyway here's my results so far:

resultsay8.jpg

I'm finding it's creating quite a few chances, but the defence is so so leaky. Any suggestions?:(

its such a shame cos i loved knap 08 tactics but i can't get it going either with my middlesbrough team i don't create that many chances and i also have a leaky defence it does seem better home rather than away though but i think thats with every tactic any tips or other tactics you can suggest knap would be very appreciated thanks

Knap,

Is there a link to the instructions for types of players for each position etc?

Seems inconsistent for my Chelsea team. Maybe a full pre-season behind them will prove consistentcy (currently 4th and ECL semis).

Walrus

I tend to test with the original squad and just buy a few players to give options and backup for testing various tactic formations. I let Ass Man pick team and just see how it plays. As Chelsea is one of test teams the current squad should work with tactic although Drogba is a key player to scoring. Dexta may still be using my tactic with Chelsea, if so, could probably recommend players to fit.

Mr Hough

The 4132 has its own thread with details.

WOW Knap i was managing Spurs and only managing midtable and my strikers were struggling.I did manage a very good run with other peoples tactics but was drawing more than i was winning.

So i thought i would give your tactics a go.I was 12th in the league with 7 games to go and i wasnt thinking i would qualify for europe.

My 1st game with your tactics was a Euro Cup Quarter Final too.

With your tactics i finished 6th and won the Euro Cup.You are a saviour :o)

Hey Knap,

Currently playing with Heerenveen (dutch club who plays for the places 4-8). We play just below the topteams like PSV, Ajax and AZ/Feyenoord. Played with your 442 team tactic.

In your experience, wich tactic is used best for these sort of teams?

Lots of my goals against me are caused by loosing the ball during an attack (mostly on midfield). Could this be caused by the tactic (any of you experienced it) or is it my **** midfield?:p

Hi Knap, great tactics, saved me from getting the sack!

Do you have any suggestions for when I'm playing really rubbish teams? for example my England (with the 107points tactic) team were playing Cyprus and I only managed to win 3 - 0, it seemed to be all crosses, I tried a few tweaks but didnt really make any difference.

It also seems to happen with my Liverpool side against poor opposition, only just winning 1 - 0 etc etc. I have also tried the 4222 with not much of a different outcome

Thanks

oobro

Against a top team try counter attack

oobro and lilstrum

The AI play very defensive - so stealing ball in midfield when you are on attack is common, then followed by a wonderful finish from the AI striker. Unless you get an early goal to open up AI then your strikers get frustrated and can't hit a barn door. It's just the way the game is set up.

You could play at a slower pace and use more width not push forward so much but its all risk and reward. The slower you play the more you can get caught on ball - the wider you play holes appear in defence. The tactics try to balance the risk and reward to play a season without too much tweaking.

knap, you're really patient with us! Cheers for all your help!

I've been using the 107p tactic for spurs. I took them over in my second season. I'm finding it a great tactic at home, but I'm really struggling away. Have you got any suggestions?

This is a very good tactics.Tested it in my Millwall game. I started with team version and moved over to Zonal. Team is a very stable, machine football, very stable at the back but doesn't produce alot. reminded me of George Grahams boring Arsenal. 1-0 to the Arsenal, 1-0 to the Arsenal. But it will get you the 3 points most of the time.

Zonal seems to take a bit more risk, but you also create alot more chances yourself.

Good Job Knap!

hey knap im currently playing with man utd i am 3rd in the league but out of the big four i have scored the least and let in the most, i find it really hard to keep a clean sheet. What tactic do you think i should use, about 10 games left this season

Unlucky - I always miss pens. Does Berbs still like ball to feet and play with back to goal? If so try the targetman supply option.

in ur 4222 you dont have any arrows on ST positions..should i add any?

i did play Berba, played Ronaldo and Roonie upfront, Sanchez and Nani AMR, AML

Archived