[FM21]I Heard You’re A Player.Nice To Meet You,I’m The Manager.

B.W.G

May 2044

Fixtures

15a47b66a63bbb0c91eb98f3ef878562.png

League Table

34c935675ac2dedaf0f6a4ee34defe26.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was bit of a rough month both on and off the pitch during May.On the pitch we picked up eleven points from eighteen in the league which has kept us at the top of the table but we do only have a one point lead over Selangor.Some of the problem was injuries and suspensions mounting up towards the end of May,the game against Pahang which we lost saw us missing seven first team regulars.I am still really happy with our league performance as we are in a title fight with six games to go.

Just the three games in June,one in the league and two in the Piala FA Malaysia.In the league we are facing Kuala Limpur,hopefully we can get a win here as we are running out of games as there are six games remaining and we need a win to put the pressure on the chasing teams.In the Piala FA Malaysia we are facing Johor Darul Ta'zim,it's a two legged game and I am expecting it to be very difficult but they have been underachieving in the league so it is possible that we could beat them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

Tight race in Malaysia, though looking good for your first season in charge. Definitely a good base to build from.

The good news for June is that we beat Kuala Lumpur while Selangor dropped points against Pahang so we now have a three point gap with five games to go!

June 2044

Fixtures

3f603175d1f4f11332eacff5aa848017.png

League Table

1c85de7949dd37d52e1c7a893748dd74.png

Manager's Thoughts

Our one league game went great as we easily beat the league's whipping boys 3-0,the gap has now increased to three points after Selangor dropped points against Pahang so that increased the good news for us during June.As for the Piala FA Malaysia,we fell just short against Johor Darul Ta'zim as we lost 4-3 on aggregate,the 91st minute goal we conceded in the first leg turned out to be vital which is a tad annoying but I am happy from the performance in the competition.

July brings us six games in total,five in the league and one in the Piala Malaysia.In the league we have two very tough games as we finish our season Johor Darul Ta'zim and Selangor and if it remains this close then it will go right down to the wire.Even though Johor Darul Ta'zim are eight points behind us with five games to go,they cannot be ruled out as they are the inform side at the moment and are unbeaten in the last eight games in all competitions.We need to pick up maximum points in the first three games of the month to guarantee us a top three finish but we really are in for a tight finish.In the Piala Malaysia we are facing Sabah FA,it turns out this competition starts in a group stage before going to knockouts,the board just want us to be competitive so I think we can do that.

July 2044

Fixtures

09c84f1c0028ca016a393efabda3f956.png

Tables

4b541a96b1ba7abbec2b216e58854e54.png2bc831ce4ff7c65521020276e3da59fa.png 

Manager's Thoughts

We won the league title which is quite the shock as we were not exactly brilliant in July,we picked up ten points from fifteen which was enough to see us over the finish line.We actually wrapped the title up in the draw against Johor Darul Ta'zim and we finished the season off in style as we thrashed Selangor.Of the wins.there only one I am not sure how we won was the 4-3 victory against Kedah as the opposition managed twice as many shots as us.The Piala Malaysia hasn't started very well but we stlll have five more games to play so qulification is definitely possible as the top two qualify for the next round.

Five games in August and all of them are in the Piala Malaysia,I would love to finish in the top two to qualify for the next stage but the board are fine with us being competitive but I generally believe we can qualify but we need to play a lot better than we did in the defeat to Sabah.

Youth Intake 2044

7da850608f8fd404b181d7efbf96552a.png

The Hot Prospects (Based off Current Ability)

Aminuddin Abdullah

Kim Andre Rajkumar

Mohd Farhan Ramlee

Mohd Khairul Ahmad

Manager's Thoughts

This has to go down as my most annoying intake I have ever had in this save,usually I just post a selection based off the best ones but this is my entire intake rated at 5* PA,obviously it doesn't mean anything as looking at Current Ability and Potential Ability in the screenshots,the players are actually nearly at full potential so it's a case of wait and see what happens as I generally don't have a clue.The only one I do know what I am doing with is Aminuddin Abdullah as he will be retrained as a DL as he is only competent in that position.

August 2044

Fixtures

bfdd2006a94da4f745c5c082a94832f9.png

Table

0d0d3e5c0f89b1807f3b748d1cc1094c.png

Manager's Thoughts

All games were in the Piala Malysia in which we won all four games as we finished the month at the top of the table which means we have qualified for the quarter finals with a game to spare.We had no problems in the first two games which included a 12-1 thrashing of KL Rovers who are the groups whipping boys as they also conceded seven against Kelantan at the end of the month.The hardest game for us was against Sabah FA,we one by a single goal which came after they were reduced to ten men.

We have three games in September but I only know who we are facing in one of the games,the only game I know who we are facing is KL Rovers in the last group game,I am hoping we can win by five goals just to send them to -30 goal difference.The quarter finals are also in September but I have no idea who we are facing but we have exceeded expectations so anything we do now is a bonus.

September 2044

Fixtures

35e3978679f19c49406d227ff03d554f.png

Table

0886ebe22c6f315d6870de02b8c44d98.png

Manager's Thoughts

We finished off the group stage with a straight forward 5-1 win against KL Rovers which means we topped the group.The quarter-finals saw us drawn against divisional rivals Negeri Sembilan,it was a two tight games but we got through with a 3-1 aggregate win,it was a bit close but we are through to the semi-finals which is a great achievement.

October sees us play twice in the Piala Malaysia,both games are the semi-final stage and we will be facing Johor Darul Ta'zim,this is easily the most difficult tie we could have got as we have not beaten them in any of the three match ups this season.This maybe one case where our best may not be good enough but we will give it a good go as surprises can happen.

October 2044

Fixtures

b19048d9b2cd216cf806891c8b10a6d2.png

Manager's Thoughts

Johor Darul Ta'zim really are my bogey team,another two games against them and another two games without a win gainst them.We were actually 45 minutes away from going to the final but we then bottled the second half of the second leg as we conceded four and got knocked out.At least I can no longer lose to them for a few months.

End of Season update to follow then who knows what will happen.

97c91e0f176ce4f56b9b481be7b34e7a.png

Melaka - Astro Liga Super Malaysia - End of Season - 2044

Season Review

Transfers - Released - Youth

I was only responsible for three transfers and they were Khairul Roslan.Chua Jiawen and Muhd Syafiq Hussein.Roslan and Hussein were bought in to add depth to the left side of midfield as we only had one player in that position when I took over.Chua Jiawen added more to the team up front and he was bought in as our foreign Asian player as we had no one occupying that spot,there wasn't a lot I could do as there isn't much quality in Malaysia and the better players in the country are being hoarded by Selangor and Johor Darul Ta'zim.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Astro Liga Super Malaysia - Winners

92915d0e38bd2c970f87dfd5f6c3a8e4.png

Over the moon with this as the club was actually a newly promoted side,so to win the title and get entry into the Champions League is a massive plus but I know I will need to add to the team if we are to retain it next season.As you can see we have a lot of room for improvement in regards to the attendance but hopefully our success this season will increase it which means more money coming into the club.

Piala FA Malaysia - Semi-Finals

abe48a1ee3d98ed5843ec865bd42170c.png

We had a good run in the Piala FA Malaysia as we were expected to reach the quarter finals and we got to the semi-finals instead.It was pretty close over two legs against Johor Darul Ta'zim but we ended up losing 4-3 on aggregate.No shame in losing to the strongest team in Malaysia.

Piala Malaysia - Semi-Finals

265272b3226aff78d6304241c95eead0.png

Another good run in the cup as we exceeded the board's expectations.Once again we made it to the semi-final where we were once again knocked out by Johor Darul Ta'zim,this was a more embarrassing exit as we were 1-0 at half time in the second leg and we lost 4-1 which gave us a 6-3 aggregate defeat.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Best XI - Accolades 1 - 2

f81d4f56886333bc4747a57ca4f1223d.png

Chua Jiawen

Mohd Hafizi Rusdi

Toh Shao Han

Khairul Roslan

Azizul Zullkifli

Manager's Thoughts

Over the moon with how we performed in all competitions this season as we won the title and reached the semi-final in both domestic cups but this leaves me with the ultimate question of how we can improve the team,the reason why I am asking is that there is very little quality in Malaysia and the players who could improve the team are at the bigger sides who have better facilities than we do.Hopefully winning the league will increase the club's reputation enough so we can attract better players as next season will be a lot harder to manage due to playing in the Champions League.Malaysia is one of the nations where I will need sustained success to eventually get the money which can lead to upgrades at the club.

As for next season,the board want us to avoid relegation against whereas I want us to finsh in the top three so we get more continental football for money purposes.I will be trying to strengthen the team as I know what needs improving, getting it done is another thing as we have had minimal increases to the transfer and wage budget,I get the feeling Malaysia will be the first country where I may have to move to another club in the country to get it done quicker,if I did leave then there would only be three possible destinations and they are Sabah,Selangor and Johor Darul Ta'zim,these three have the best setups in the country and get the better players through,Johor Darul Ta'zim have the best setup and as they say...if you can't beat them join them!

Career Stats

Link (For entire career overview)

fad002bc0fa658d843df4cfa0a8112be.png

Melaka - Astro Liga Super Malaysia - Pre-Season - 2045

Season Preview - Expectations

Two players were released as Musamali wanted too much money and Noor was past his best and declining at a fast pace.We bought two players in which we actually paid a fee for a player,we paid £15k for Ahmad who will be our first choice ML in the upcoming season while Husin comes in on a free and he will be playing the DC role but he can also play DM and MC so it's great to get a player with good versatility at this level.

Pre-Season Fixtures

ff48825844360d8db360c67cecaff8f1.png

Not a bad pre-season overall as we went unbeaten which should help keep morale up going into the new season and we have pretty good match sharpness ahead of the opening day so I couldn't ask for anymore for pre-season.

The Team

aba60eeec85006cb2951544c45dd1915.png

5ea9a96d6a5356b30d17fe0a70488a00.png

Key Players

Chua Jiawen

Aminuddin Azizul

Arindam Roy

M. El Mourakchi

Afiq Ahmad

Manager's Thoughts

We got two players in which was great but I did want to get more in but we had the issue of takeover talks which fell through in the end so that was a bit annoying but I am confident we have a stronger squad than we did last season so that is a plus,if I do need to fill a position then we do have another foreign spot free as we released one of the foreign players in November.I do think I should get another DC in using the foreign spot as that is a weaker area when it comes to primary positions.Can't really do much more due to the poor financial position we are as we currently sit at £115k in the red so I am hoping we can get more money in from playing in the Champions League which means there is a chance we can get back into the black.

As for this season,the board's expectations is to avoid relegation and I am really confident that we can do that,what I am aiming for is at least top three as we are going to need continental football as much as possible so we can keep the cash flow up.The season opener is a bit weird,as ourselves and Johor Darul Ta'zim are playing each other in a game which is a combination of the league and a cup,the winner gets a trophy and three points and loser will be cursing for a while,hopefully we can get redemption against them and break our duck.Time to see if we can avoid second season syndrome.

January 2045

Fixtures

1936eceaa112e1861703adfdc3811c36.png

Tables

1cb8e6476ff20c6d0767807eb2b7eac1.png

Manager's Thoughts

On the plus side we have made an unbeaten start to the season and we sit t the top of the table although we have played a game more than the majority of teams.The downside of the month was failing to beat Johor Darul Ta'zim again and this time we couldn't even beat ten men,they really are the bane of my existence.Even though the game was a draw,for some bizarre reason it declared us both the champions which is weird.

106fc43bfd02da4626ff6a7c75ba1760.png

February brings us four game at the minute but I am certain it will be more due to the Champions League starting.At the minute we play three league games and one Piala FA Malaysia game.I would like us to be among the top teams come the end of the month as I want to be challenging for the title against while I want progress in the Piala FA Malaysia due to the fact we are facing a team in the legue below.As for the Champions League,I don't even know who we are facing yet so that is a case of wait and see.

February 2045

Fixtures

cc75e4ac6790e263ef337d057342141b.png

Tables

fbf2fb1cc14ac176d1ccf7f90be64340.pngc60a5e94abf03aba1700dc6126c907a1.png

Manager's Thoughts

I'm really happy with two wins and a draw in the league as that keeps us among the teams fighting around the top of the table,I'm also really happy with how we played and progressed in the Piala FA Malaysia against UKM.As for Continental football,despite losing both games I am really happy with how we played as we made the opposition fight for their wins as I know at this current moment in time,we are no match for either team and it will be a few years before I can even expect to beat anyone from South Korea or Japan as the quality difference is massive although underdog victories can happen so it is possible at this stage.

Just the three games in March,we play Pahang in the league,Keleantan in the Piala FA Malaysia and Buriram Utd in the Champions League.We should have more than enough about us to beat Pahang in the league but as long as we avoid defeat then it won't be too much of a disaster.The Piala FA Malaysia is a tricky tie as like ourselves they are unbeaten so our best will be needed if we are to progress further like the board wanted.As for the Champions League,even though we are travelling to Thailand to face Buriram Utd,I do believe that we can beat them and record our first win in the Champions League based off both team's performances against Suwon Bluewings and Kashima Antlers.

March 2045

Fixtures

33736a02406eec2946de76c404f8df80.png

Tables

d6174f3de5d3224e1f89e2d671a1fa6a.png a6a48f0318f2e38c8bc264278a13647a.png

Manager's Thoughts

March was a month of trips so we made no money via gate receipts which is a bit annoying.In the league we drew with Pahang,I am disappointed in this result as we were easily the better team but we failed when it mattered the most as we squandered too many chances and the disallowed goal in the 88th minute just added to my misery as we dropped down to second place.Champions League saw us win our first game in the ACL quite comfortably as we ran out 3-1 winners,what a great feeling it was!Most of the action in March was in the Piala FA Malaysia as we knocked out Kelantan in the third round before a 6-1 first leg win against Perak has put us in a very solid position to qualify for the semi-final.

April sees business pick up as we play seven times,four in the league,two in the Champions League and one in the Piala FA Malaysia.We do have very trick game in the league as we will be facing Selangor which is the last team in the top four we have to face,I am quite confident we will still be in the race for the title come the end of the month.In the Champions League we are facing Suwon Bluewings and Kashima Antlers,I don't think we will be able to do much against Suwon but I believe we could get something against Kashima Antlers based off our last game against them and we have home advantage this time.The Piala FA Mlaysia sees us face Perak in the second leg,we already have one foot in the semi-final but I want a professional performance int eh second leg to ensure we get through.

April 2045

Fixtures

d637b85bacbf430fa3e4d2635da68167.png

Tables

75f783e200c5c9fc3a4a7ed6272d01fc.png 4c19cbc37a4e3b457c9d7d5371f62996.png

Manager's Thoughts

We picked up seven points from twelve in the league which is a very disappointing return as we shot ourselves in the foot at the end of the month and now we are in danger of falling out of the top three as Johor Darul Ta'zim have a game in hand on us.All these dropped points are biting us in the ass at the minute and we need to step it up or we are going to lose out on continental football next season.The Champions League was a very bright spot as we beat Kashima Antlers despite being the second best team in the match,that result is probably the biggest in the clubs history.No problems in the Piala FA Malaysia as we disposed of Perak with very little problem,

We play another six times in May,five in the league and one in the Champions League.We really need to step our performances up in the league as we are in danger of throwing away our hard work with recent performances.This month will also sees us face our bogey team Johor Darul Ta'zim,we haven't beat them in seven games but we really need to beat them now as a potential spot in a continental tournament could be the prize at the end of the season,if we slip up again them it may be problematic.In the Champions League we wrap the group stage up with a home tie against Buriram Utd,we can't qualify for the next round but I would like us to get the win just so we finish on a high.

Youth Intake Preview

bd411a65ec96ef50155ab149e7b5eb0a.png

A golden generation like last season,if it is like last season then this could be another one that gives me a headache due to how close the ability between the players in the intake actually was.The other talking point about this intake is the goalkeeper,I don't exactly need a goalkeeper right now but we will see what he is like as he could surprise me.

May 2045

Fixtures

cae36fb1cb6ec2c6bf6b2b20ff2d0b20.png

League Table

78e0e9c0ec8f7d5886b544126ae633d7.png

Managjust er's Thoughts

We are in atrocious form at the minutes as after May we have won one in eight in all competitions.The players are not performing to how I know they can perform and it is really frustrating as we have dropped points this month from a lot of stupidity.We are only six points behind top spot but the way we are playing at the moment leaves a lot to be desired but I can say this,this is the first real challenge I have had in any domestic league as I have to get the tactics spot on due to their being very little quality available in the country.

Four games in June,two in the league and two in the Piala FA Malaysia.In the league we are playing Pahang and Kedah,we really need to step up our performances as recent ones have been way off what I want and it is mainly down to the defence as four of the six players underperforming are the defenders.In the Piala FA Malaysia we are facing Kedah FA in the semi-final,this could be a welcomed distraction for us but the opposition are currently in solid form so we need to step it up if we are to progress to the final.

June 2045

Fixtures

90e70b264f7264dc9c8a1009fdd0761f.png

League Table

d9ad8600fde7cc4ad66a21ccd40eb84e.png

Manager's Thoughts

I am really pleased to see our form turn around in June as we have moved up to third thanks to the two wins in the league,I only have one person to thank for this and that is John Baptist Saravanan,he came through last season in the intake and he went and scored six times in two games,without his goals we would of only picked up one point.I am also really pleased with how we played in the Piala FA Malaysia as we knocked out Kedah to reach my first cup final at the club so I am looking forward to that.

We play seven times in July,five in the league,one in the Piala FA Malaysia and one in the Piala Malaysia.We have got a couple of games which could help determine where we finish as we will be playing both Perak and Selangor,if we can positive results against both teams then we stand a good chance of getting into the ACC.Unfortunately for us the title is in Johor Darul Ta'zim's hands,if they want to mess it up then that will be welcomed.We kick off the Piala Malaysia with a game against Perak,the board don't really care about the competition but I want to do well in it so I will be looking to win it.The big game of the month is the final of the Piala FA Malaysia,this will be the toughest match of the competition as it is against none other than Johor Darul Ta'zim,at least I know we will be going in as the underdogs for this match!

July 2045

Fixtures

cf7c0feed8b722698246e025fde96465.png

Tables

2daf8dc72fa8f941aedcab3857e30129.pnge6ae64b7c7a461689374b60a4d41cbff.png

Manager's Thoughts

We did so well in July but we fell just short as we lost the title race by two points,I don't really have an issue with the loss against Perak as we were down to ten men and they did deserve the win as they took advantage of the numbers which is something anyone would do.On the plus side we have gotten into the ACC next season so that means more continental football for us which is a massive plus for our cash income.We opened up out Piala Malaysia campaign with a solid 3-1 win over Perak which is a vital result as the top two go through to the next stage so beating the bigger teams is key.The biggest talking point was our victory in the Piala FA Malaysia as we finally got one over Johor Darul Ta'zimm,it took a penalty shoot out for us to finall beat them but I don't care as we got our hand on some silverware.

Four more games in August,all of them are in the Piala FA Malaysia,I want us to be in the top two come the end of the month as that should of guaranteed us qualification.Hopefully we can carry on our streak against Selangor as we have become their bogey team much like Johor Darul Ta'zim are to us,our record against Selangor is 4-0-0 so hopefully we can avoid any losses to them.August will also see our next intake which has been labelled a golden generation,I would love to see any better quality players but with the state of our facilities,that is unlikley to happen.

Youth Intake 2045

618255db6b2178f8bbcf1c3ef2c3b527.png

Ang Kim Leng

Muhd Amirul Mohd Saudian

Muhd Faizal Musa

Firdaus Rahmat

Manager's Thoughts

Oh boy it's another one of these intakes where I don't actually have a clue at how they are until I see them play,all the players above will be getting signed with the top three of Ang Kim Leng,M.A.M.S and Muhd Faizal Musa all going straight into the first team once they are signed as they are more then good enough to be getting first team football at their age.Leng will probably become the youngest player in the clubs history as he is too good not to play.Out of the top four Rahmat is the only one I need to work on better,he is only natural in the AML role so he will need retraining in the ML role in which he is only accomplished.On paper it looks brilliant so I am quite excited to see how they do in the future.

So close in the league, and a great result against your nemesis stopping them getting a double!

I find it hard to see your pictures (blurry), but it’s definitely another interest youth intake.

What are the other teams intakes and facilities like in Malaysia?

Onwards to another season of intriguing!

2 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

So close in the league, and a great result against your nemesis stopping them getting a double!

I find it hard to see your pictures (blurry), but it’s definitely another interest youth intake.

What are the other teams intakes and facilities like in Malaysia?

Onwards to another season of intriguing!

Technically we both have a double as there was a league and cup game  rolled into one and we were both declared the winners due to it being a draw :D 

I think that's my fault when I resize the pictures so I will leave them as they are in future.

For facilities,the best teams are Johor Darul Tazim (2.5* TF,2.5* YF),Sabah (2.5* TF,2* YF) and Selangor (2.5* TF and 3* YF).Any talent produced in Malaysia is at Johor Darul Ta'zim or Selangor as Sabah have never produced anyone of note.

September 2045

Fixtures

e555101ece6135aa7a1c1a5a3f4a4c59.png

Table

3eafee26b83e73c3f2ea171a3dd926af.png

Manager's Thoughts

No problems in the Piala Malaysia as we won three out of the four games which means we have qualified for the next stage.I am a bit gutted about losing our run against Selangor but it was a very dull affair settled by one bit of magic.

We will have three games in September,we will be finishing our group stage off with a home tie against Protap before we then play the quarter final in September but I don't have a clue who we will be facing in that at this moment in time.

September 2045

Fixtures

3d423a643930e378ad60ac558556d01b.png

Manager's Thoughts

We wrapped our group stage campaign up with a convincing 6-1 win against Protap,you could easily tell the difference between a top flight side and a side in the second tier.We played Penang in teh quarter finals,despite the score line in the second leg,both games were actually really comfortable as we ran out 6-2 aggregate winners.This means we now move onto the semi-final,wonder who will be facing....

e76f609f4c1378271d47f4009bd7dbd3.png

Anyone but them!!!

October 2045

Fixtures

1922d7601fca673387d4d21dc36115b9.png

Manager's Thoughts

I am over the moon with how we played in the semi-final as we finally got one over Johor Darul Ta'zim in ninety minutes as we ran out 4-1 aggregate winners, surprisingly it was my goalkeeper who got man of the match in our 3-0 win so that shows you how much we were up against it.As for the final,I am disappointed and upset,we were the better team throughout the entire game but our attackers let us down and it cost us in the end as Kedah won the Piala Malaysia thanks to a goal in extra time!

7 hours ago, B.W.G said:

For facilities,the best teams are Johor Darul Tazim (2.5* TF,2.5* YF),Sabah (2.5* TF,2* YF) and Selangor (2.5* TF and 3* YF).Any talent produced in Malaysia is at Johor Darul Ta'zim or Selangor as Sabah have never produced anyone of note.

Hmm, it looks like teams need a minimum of 2.5* to produce any notable players.

20 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Damn, so close. Is it the league now?

20 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Hmm, it looks like teams need a minimum of 2.5* to produce any notable players.

We have a couple of months off to see what I can do,I will need to release some players to get the wage budget under control.I

did make a mistake regarding players coming through as Sabah have got a very good left winger who came through so it looks like I need to get to at least 2* facilities as quick as possible if we are to make any progress in the future.

Melaka - Astro Liga Super Malaysia - End of Season - 2046

Season Review

Two players were released as I needed to free up wages to bring more players in,these players were no longer good enough for the team despite what they were earning.Two players came in,we paid £15k for a left midfielder,I would rather not have paid but sometimes you have to pay a big fee to help improve the team.Husin came in on a free,he was a massive improvement on who we had in the DC role so I do thank Selangor for releasing him as it made it easier to sign him.

Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3

Competitions

Astro Liga Super Malaysia - 2nd Place

fdcf2f3ac8eef90d7a4ace76f0802a9d.png

We came so close to retaining our title but in the end we missed out by just the two points.The period which costs us the title was from mid-April to the end of May where we won one game in seven,if we had just won one more game there then we would have made it back to back but I am still pleased with how the team did as we were supposed to be fighting relegation!

Asian Champions League - Group Stage

b2b4ba79448223adda47c3744574fc0e.png

It was a pretty successful first attempt in the Champions League,despite finishing third we managed to pick up seven points which included a win over Japanese side Kashima Antlers.It gives us something to work on in the future as I want to be back in the Champions League in 2047.

Piala FA Malaysia - Winners

fa76bd039d3b1a6d6f1bd42822e2d0b8.png

I am over the moon to have won some silverware this season and it was a trophy the club had not won since 2028 so it has been a long time coming for the team.It was a solid run which ended in the best way possible as the final saw us beat Jorhor Darul Ta'zim on penalties to record my first win against them!

Piala Malaysia - Runners-Up

f54c45633f7cc6b6bd3df03ba79fdb40.png

It was another good run in the competition but we fell at the final hurdle this time around.We topped the group which has the second biggest team in Selangor and we even claimed the scalp of Johor Darul Ta'zim in the semi-finals thanks to our 3-0 win in the second leg.The final was a disaster as we lost 1-0 in extra time,we were better than Kedah for the game and we still ended up losing so it was just one of those days.

Players.Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

2646a346b3a4bbba3a110b4e3f7b7109.png

Chua Jiawen

Toh Shao Han

Azizul Zullkifli

Aminuddin Azizul

Haziq Zainuddin

Manager's Thoughts

Overall I will say it was a successful season as we lifted some silverware and came second in the league and runner up in another cup competition,not bad for a team who's aim was to avoid relegation again at the start of the season.The emergence of Saravanan up front helped us massively after having a very big dip during mid-season and that led us to finishing just two points behind Johor Darul Ta'zim.Even though we won't be in the Champions League next season,we will still be in the Confederation Cup which will still bring in extra income for the club but despite having a takeover,the finances are still not good enough to get any upgrades so my time in Malaysia will be very slow.

I think after two seasons I will be setting the aims to at least mid-table so we get better budgets for transfer and wage so we can keep pushing towards the title.I know Malaysia is the most challenging country I have been in due to the poor quality,I have to keep my options and if the job at Selangor or Johor Darul Ta'zim came up then I would have to apply for it as that is the next logical step as they have much better facilities and have access to better quality players but neither job is available at the minute so it isn't worth talking about.For pre-season I need to lose the dead wood and try to bring in better players but in any case we will still be in Malaysia as even at a bigger club it will take time for teams to get players and develop them.

Career Stats

Link (For entire career)

9a10ac48007a307cffd6b06c3f76445d.png

Melaka - Astro Super Liga Malaysia - Pre-Season - 2046

I went for a more risk taking options as we released seven players to free up the wage budget,they could have stayed and be a part of the team but I need to try and take the next step but we didn't have the wages to do that so I decided to release them.We sold Muroiwa for two reasons,one was to get his wages off the books and the second is that it would free up a foreign spot which gave mem more options for incomings.We bought in three players all of whom will improve the first XI,it may not seem a lot to bring in to replace the ones who left but their wages are on the high end and are around a similar amount to Chua Jiawen who has been our star player in the least two seasons!

Pre-Season Fixtures

b4601149a379f25495bf9888e8ba77fd.png

Nothing too difficult in pre-season as we just faced lower ranked teams in Malaysia to gain fitness,match sharpness and a higher morale level going into the new season.I will still be going with the options off 4-4-2 and 4-1-4-1 as they work the best.

The Team

3dfe4e1728eb96dafc3a25bd72ad17ba.png+71abb7c4d9364a592c5d770241b69f67.png

Key Players

Elias Chissano

One of the new signings at the club,he is rated as the best player at the club and I am rather surprised we got him as he was first choice goalkeeper as Selangor last sesaon!

Chua Jiawen

Been our star player for the last two season,has scored 57 goals in 76 games so hopefully he can carry on adding to that tally this season as he is still our first choice striker.

Emmanuel Doe

Another new signing during pre-season who takes up our final foreign spot.He will be starting in the MC role as he is the best player at the club in that role but I bough him in for his versatility as well due to him being able to play literally anywhere in a central role!

Ang Kim Leng

Came through last season and I expect this season to be his break through season,he can play either in the centre or on the right side but he will primarily be playing the MR role due to our lack of quality players in that role.

J.Saravanan

Had a breakthrough season last season which saw him score 14 goals in 22 appearances,he is the second choice striker in my eyes so I hope he can carry on improving this season,one of my favourite players due to how cheap his contract is!

Manager's Thoughts

This season is going to be the first one where I am taking risks,the board have upped the expectations which I welcome as our new board have given us more money,I did let a lot of players leave and sold one to free up more wages as I feel I needed to spend more wages per person then have the quality if we are to reclaim the title.The signings we have made appear to be the right ones but I will have to wait to see them on the pitch if they will help us in the long run as we need to get back into the Champions League.We are in a pretty decent position compared to a couple of seasons ago in regards to strength in depth and I know this current side would beat the side who won the title in 2044.

Financially we are actually in a better position than we were last season as we have £197k in the bank, unfortunately this isn't enough to get any upgrades but it is a step in the right direction to getting those upgrades.We have £32k transfer budget and £1.1k wage budget available to use if the right player comes up,ideally I would want a DR with what we have available but there is a Malaysian MC who would improve the team massively but we would need him to be more realistic when it comes to wages.Let's see what this season brins us!

February 2046

Fixtures

a390999baeb61642c5edd7634813b1eb.png

Tables

a928b2a7e4fbe8bcc47eb72858645a01.png 9e7d58302095428868eedc5423b8157b.png

Manager's Thoughts

What a start to the season we have had as we went through February unbeaten.Despite this,we are still only second place as Johor Darul Ta'zim decided to win every game to make sure they are top come the end of the month,I don't have a problem with dropping points against Selangor as we did play just under thirty minutes with ten men after a red card.We have made a strong start to our ACC campaign as we won both games which has left us sitting at the top after two games which is brilliant as we beat my old rivals Persebaya Surabaya 4-1!

Three games in March,one in the league,one in the ACC and one in the Piala FA Malaysia.In the league we are playing Kedah and I would love to win to keep the pressure on Johor Darul Ta'zim.In the ACC we are facing LC Sailors,this could be a very tricky game as they are the biggest team in Singapore so we will need to be at our best but I think we can win this as we have the home advantage.In the Piala FA Malaysia we are facing Klasiko,anything less than a win will be unacceptable as I want us try and retain the trophy we won last season.

March 2046

Fixtures

de0f7c8941aefbbd73d27e42e18ff58c.png

Tables

d8997413231068a077299ed9335c19bb.png 4c89a7701c559b1ebea0bd2eda42db29.png

Manager's Thoughts

Absolute stupidity caused us to lose in the league against Kedah,our left midfielder Afiq Ahmad was sent off for the second time in three games,the other game in he was sent off him was the 1-1 draw against Selangor so he is in my bad books until he redeems himself.Everything else went brilliantly in the cups,we won an extremely tough game against LC Sailors in the ACC and progressed in the Piala FA Malaysia as we beat Klasiko and Police FA.We are flying well and I am confident at this stage of the season that we can do much better than the board's expectations in all competitions this season.

April sees the games increase as we play six times,two in the league,two in the ACC and two in the Piala FA Malaysia.In the league we are facing Kelantan and Police FA,we need to get back to winning ways as I don't want Johor pulling too far ahead of us as they are looking unstoppable so far.In the ACC we will be playing Persebaya Surabaya and Shan Utd,we are in the position that if we win both games then we have qualified for the next stage,I am a bit wary of the game against Persebaya Surabaya as it is an away trip but I am confident we can pick up at least a point.In the Piala FA Malaysia we play a double header against Pahang,they have been a bit leaky so far this season so that gives me confidence that we can win the tie so that is my aim.

April 2046

Fixtures

469282ae847f2d91d040a8c02a373924.png

Tables

350f5cfd4905a971e47f56bdb0bc953f.png a5b13ba72711962d41e01b7eb9221ad7.png

Manager's Thoughts

What a brilliant month overall as we carried on moving forwards in style!In the league we picked up two wins from two which saw us move up to second,we actually have Police to thank for that as they beat Selangor in the first league game of the month,unfortunately we are still five points behind Johor Darul Ta'zim as they have won every single league game which is quite annoying.We picked up four points in the ACC which was enough to see us qualify for the next stage with a game to spare,a draw was the fair result against Persebaya Surabaya while we destroyed Shan Utd and we could have easily scored more.We progressed in the Piala FA Malaysia thanks to a dominating second leg victory after we lost the first leg 2-1 in which we had another player sent off!

Seven games in May,six of them are league games while the other match is in the ACC.All eyes will be on the fixture on the 12/5 as we are facing Johor Darul Ta'zim,this could be a pivotal moment in the season as if we lose that then Johor Darul Ta'zim will more than likely run away with the title,we are at home but the major thing to note is that we have never beaten Johor in the league!Other than the Johor match,it's a pretty easy run as the other teams we face are sixth and below.In the ACC we finish up our group stage campaign with a trip to Singapore to face LC Sailors,I don't care about this match as we have already qualified for the next stage so all my focus is on the league in May.

Youth Intake Preview

4db5729074bea2ba17a626997bfa463a.png

It's not a golden generation like the last two have been but we've been told to be really optimistic about this group of players.I don't see any reason to not be optimistic as look at the green section,there are three players who have been highlighted in this intake.

May 2046

Fixtures

becbfeac247d0325488d14cb502ed0c6.png

League Table

ae5eb70def3a9900a5d563e01faf2731.png

Manager's Thoughts

What an annoying month that turned out to be,we chased down Johor by matching them win for win,we finally beat them in the league to close the gap,we beat Sabah to go top as Johor lost to Kedah after finishing the game with ten men (that sounds familiar!),we then lose top spot as we lost to ATM of all teams,we are the second team they have beat this season which means we finish the month in second behind Johor again!In more positive news we have done extremely well in the ACC,we beat LC Sailors 4-2 which meant we finished the group stage with a record of 5-1-0 and then we went and beat divisional rivals Selangor 2-0 in the first leg of the ASEAN Zone semi-final and that leaves us in a good position to advance to the final.

June is upon us and we have six more games to play,three in the league,one in the ACC and two in the Piala FA Malaysia.In the league we are facing Selangor,Kedah and Kelantan,this is perfect for me as I want revenge against Selangor and Kedah as we dropped points against both teams earlier in the season,we need to match or better Johor's results as this could be a tense finish to the season as there is eight games left.The ACC will see us face Selangor in the second leg of the ASEAN Zone semi-final,this tie isn't over by a long shot so we will need to put in a professional performance to ensure we get through.In our quest to retain the Piala FA Malaysia,we will be facing the team we beat in the final last season.....Johor Darul Ta'zim,this will be two extremely tense games between the two best teams in the country so who knows what will happen.

June 2046

Fixtures

62224857f24ad9478f5ba0679f63a525.png

League Table

907dda64a7cbe46771ff0fc4e7c749a6.png

Manager's Thoughts

I am actually in disbelief at this moment in time as we won all three league games yet we are still in second place and still two points behind Johor who also won all three games,we scored ten goals and they also scored ten goals!To put into context as how well we have done in the league,Johor won the league with 43 points last season and we could score a lot higher and may not win the league.In the cup competitions we have done extremely well as we finished off Selangor with a 3-1 win on the night which gave us a 5-1 aggregate win to move onto the ASEAN Zone final.In the semi-final of the Piala FA Malaysia,we eventually got past Johor with a very narrow 3-2 aggregate win which leaves us with one game left to retain the trophy we won last season.

July brings us six more games,five in the league and one in the Piala FA Malaysia.The final month of the league campaign fixture will see all eyes on the game on the 22/7 as we face Johor on match day 21,whoever wins that will more than likely win the league.It's crazy to think I am in a position where getting thirteen points from fifteen may not win me the league,if we draw against Johor and both teams win the other four games,I may have a break down.In the Piala FA Malaysia we will face Selangor or FELDA Utd in the final,surprisingly second tier FELDA Utd are leading 2-1 after the first leg but Selangor do have home advantage in the second leg and it is Selangor I am expecting to face in the final.

Edited by B.W.G

Down to the wire

b9875d868a955b6da040fa2cf0232c1a.png

This is the second to last match of the league season as you can see we had a lucky escape as they missed a penalty but a point was a fair result but this is a result neither side would of wanted as it has left the top of the table looking like this.

a315377cfd2d44f2f78d84b6258135af.png

There is one game left to play and we will play Pahang (9th place) while Johor face Selangor (3rd place) .I really hope Selangor do us a favour and not throw it considering their manager doesn't like me!

July 2046

Fixtures

630b5822e16b8d30b1121aa097a0020a.png

League Table

c4685f2af1e137337bcb60b7f124bf26.png

Manager's Thoughts

I am going to talk about the happy bit of the month first,we claimed the first bit of the silverware of the season as we retained the Piala FA Malaysia after beating FELDA Utd 4-2 in the final,we did have a massive scare as we were actually 2-0 down in the final and it was against a second tier side to make it more embarrassing but we over came them in the end.Now for the horrible bit of my thoughts.we lost the league by one goal!We got thirteen points while Johor picked up eleven which meant we finished on the same points,we did all we could against Pahang as we beat them 3-0 while being reduced to ten men in the first half,Johor also won 3-0 against Selangor at Selangor's ground,this has left the  worse feeling for me,this was worse then losing 5-0 as Atlanta Utd against Cruz Azul in the CONCACAF Champions League final second leg,this was worse than bottling the league with Cape Town City,this was worse than losing 7-1 in a league game in Indonesia!

August sees us move on as we play seven times,five in the Piala Malaysia and two in the Asian Confedereation Cup.The Piala Malaysia sees us in a group with FELDA Utd,Selangor and Perak,by the end of the month I want us to have qualified in the group and that is what I expect us to do as well as we should be too strong for the teams in the group.In the ACC we are facing Tampines,they are another Singapore side but they are consdiered a smaller club than LC Sailors so I am confident we can beat them and get into the latter stages of the competition.

Youth Intake 2046

ac78df1fdfba36e55ec03aaa4e4eaf00.png

Faizal Abdul Razak

Muhd Hadi Yunus

Manager's Thoughts

It is another really good intake,it may not seem it compared to previous seasons but the limit has changed on the star ratings as a 5* rating now isn't what was a 5* rating two seasons ago.We have no less than six players who could already be playing in the first team,the two I am concentrating on from this intake are Razak and Yunus,both of these players are already good enough for first team football.

To put into context at how good Razak is,Saravanan is now rated as our best striker with Jiawen moving down the pecking order to number two,Razak is actually rated higher than Jiawen in both Current Ability and Potential Ability,so a player I see as a key player has been overtaken by a 16 year old.Yunus is a bit more difficult to do as he is mainly a AMR whereas I play a MR role,he is competent in the MR role but will need retraining but he is about third choice in the MR role anyway so there is time for him to develop.

August 2046

Fixtures

a30d8a351367bec3b06f4e6023a3c619.png

Table

24096b7a9b781c4120ce393a50167bf3.png

Manager's Thoughts

The Piala Malaysia is going well so far as we have picked up nine points from twelve in four games,we should of played Selangor for a second time but due to our progression in the ACC it was pushed back into September,no complaints about the loss to Perak as I decided to rotate the team fully due to a lack of fitness to the team after the Tampines match.The ACC has gone brilliantly in August,we overcame Tampines with a 6-4 aggregate win,this was one of those ties where the scoreline could of been anything in any of the legs,these 180 minutes were definitely for the neutral fans to enjoy.We played the Interzone semi-final first leg and we recorded a solid 2-0 away win over Kuktosh,this is a great advantage to have going into the second leg due to us not conceding.

September is a case of who knows how many times we will play,at the minute we are facing Selangor and Perak in the Piala Malaysia but should we get through that then we will have at least one more game to play in September in the Piala Malaysia.Thankfully the same can't be said about the ACC,if we are successful in getting past Kuktosh then we have a nice rest from the competition till October!I am hoping to progress in both competitions as I want to leave this season with a bang!

September 2046 

Fixtures

e474b4271a1487706e68a96774b8a785.png

Manager's Thoughts

We progressed twice in the Piala Malaysia,in the group stage we got through with another win and a another loss,the loss against Perak was very annoying as our right back Roy was sent off with a straight red after two minutes and that threw my game plans straight out the window,no problem in the quarter finals as we smashed Police FA 8-1 on aggregate to move onto the semi-final.The second leg of the Interzone semi-final saw us do what we needed to do and snuff out Kuktosh's attack,it was a pretty boring game which ended 1-1 and gave us a 3-1 aggregate victory and saw us move on to the Interzone final.

October brings us four more games,two in the ACC and two in the Piala Malaysia.The two in the ACC are not only the biggest of the month but also the toughest,we are coming up against Hong Kong side Kitchee SC,they are by far the biggest team in Hong Kong and I am envious of their set up as it is better than any of the teams in Malaysia (their youth facilities are 3.5*!),anything less than our best could see us lose at this stage.In the Piala Malaysia we are facing Sabah in the semi-final,they are not who I was expecting to face as I was expecting to face Selangor,Selangor won 2-0 in the first leg but Sabah won the second leg 3-0 so you can see why I am surprised.I am expecting us to beat Sabah in the Piala Malaysia and move onto the final.

October 2046

Fixtures

af31236f92d492b9095c560d7a9cbe11.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was a case of elation and despair in October.The despair came in the Piala Malaysia,we got past Sabah with a solid 4-0 aggegate win in the semi-finals,we then failed at the final hurdle as we lost to Johor in the final,I can't even complain as we were second best throughout the entire match and the reality is that we could of lost by more so losing 1-0 actually flatters us.The Elation was in the ACC Interzone final as we beat Kitchee SC 6-2 on aggrgeate,the team we fielded in both games were fantastic and fully deserve to progress,dare I say these two games have been out best performances this season!

November brings us just the one game,the Asian Confederation Cup final,it's West vs East....it's Wehdat vs Melaka!The final of the Asian Confederation Cup is just one game unlike the Asian Champions League,unfortunately we have been drawn as the away team but we will give it everything we have to win that competition.

November 2036

Asian Confederation Cup Final

92b17ee42eafd157d228da58920c4fb7.png

I may have lost the league and the Piala Malaysia to Johor but I feel I got the last laugh as we beat Wehdat to lift the ACC trophy,it took an injury time goal from Jiawen to do so but if you ignore possession then we were the better team,Jiawen even had a goal disallowed in the first half so we could have had it wrapped up before injury time.The one weird thing to note from this game was the fact that I am not sure the referee knew what he was doing,how can a game have 46 fouls in total and there is only 1 booking!

End of season update to follow then a statement on the status of this save!

Melaka - Astro Liga Super Malaysia - End of Season - 2046

Season Review

Seven players were released to free up wages as I felt I needed to go with a quality over quantity approach so in other words,pay few players more than I normally would to try and take the team to the next level.Muroiwa was sold for the same reasons as the players that were released,an additional reason to why he was sold is that he would free up a foreign spot which I wanted to go to a first XI player.Four players went out on loan for developmental reasons,they were good enough for first team football but not first team football here.We bought in three players to improve the first team,each of these players were paid more than the majority of players we had but I wanted to push harder for the title so I needed to pay what they wanted.

Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3

Competitions

Astro Liga Super Malaysia - 2nd Place

b13e24f75d803c86255c51d1188d1ff3.png

It was a much better league performance than last season but in the end we were still left devastated as we lost the title by one goal.Our points total would have won the title in any other season since Malaysia was loaded,now I know how Liverpool felt in the 2018/19 season!

Asian Confederation Cup - Winners

9c0ad55629e5b9e444fa25c1a43adc1d.png

Excellent performance in the ACC as we came out with the second part of our cup double.We topped the group with a record of 5-1-0 which was fantastic as we had two tough teams in the shape of LC Sailors and Persebaya Surabaya.Our route to the final saw us get past Selangor (5=1 on aggregate), Tampines (6-4 on aggregate) and Kitchee SC (6-2 on aggregate) on the way to the final.The final itself saw us get a deserved win against Wehdat in the final even if it did take till injury time to get the winner.

Piala FA Malaysia - Winners

bb312e3679e92fadd0056da9d0a3ad54.png

It was a great run which saw us get past the league winners Johor Darul Ta'zim on the way to the final.The final was very nearly embarrassing as we were 2-0 down to Felda Utd at half time so I am over the moon with our turnaround to make it two in a row.

Piala Malaysia - Runners-Up

8292366965cbab364f30c4b649445930.png

It was another good run as we topped the group with a 4-0-2 record,the surprising thing about this was that we lost both games to Perak but they didn't even get out of the group.We had no problems in disposing of Police FA and Sabah FA in the quarter-finals and semi-finals respectively.The final was another stroy,we failed to turn up against Johor and the fact that it was only 1-0 was the surprising part as it should of been more.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

6e47e8b3636e7899d9f39f4567549ee5.png

Chua Jiawen

J.Saravanan

Mohd Shafie Azman

Elias Chissano

Ang Kim Leng

Manager's Thoughts

It was a fantastic season overall as we achieved a cup double by winning the Confederation Cup and Piala FA Malaysia,I am extremely gutted about losing the title as one goal is the slimmest margin possible without getting a playoff,we had the same goals scored we had just conceded one too many.Our performances in the Confederation Cup as helped our finances massively as the club now has £1.7 million in the bank which should be enough to get some facility upgrades so things could start to change more in the clubs favour in the future.I feel the risk I took in going for quality over quantity paid off so I will be looking to do that next season as that could help us clinch the title.

Next season could be the season the title is regained if we can carry on improving but that's a big if as Johor are phenomenal side and I don't like admitting that but it's the truth.We do have an increase in transfer and wage budget next season so that could be helpful in freeing up more wages to get a better quality players in,along with this we do have two £700 p.w players who will be leaving and one of those is a foreign spot so that will be useful as our current DL is too inconsistent so that is the position I will be using the foreign spot on.At least with the position we are currently in,the club can now start moving forward to try and catch Johor.

Career Stats

Link (For entire Career)

1bd8fb6ed762efdb82ed489639cac8cc.png

With the status of this save,I've now caught up to everything  but from this point I will be taking a hiatus from this save due to suffering burnout from doing a jouneyman,I will be back to doing it at some point but I will be concentrating on a different save which is a one club save in Europe.

I hope you all will Czech it out!

That was one rollercoaster of a season. Winning the ACC was exciting but losing the league like that was rough (probably the toughest to take of the close losses you’ve had in your journey). Still think this season was great, and as you’ve put it, a springboard to dominating Malaysia and Asia.

I’ll be checking out your other thread (noticed it earlier) but wanted to catch up on this first.

13 minutes ago, Dereka said:

How are you doing in the FM Hall of Fame? And how is your in-game son doing?

We were eighth in the worldwide section of the Hall of Fame.

As for my son,he joned Cardiff from Dempo and recently just moved to Sheffield Utd.

• 1 month later...

Melaka - Astro Liga Super Malaysia - Pre-Season - 2047

Only the one player was released and that was due to him not being up to the standard I wanted as well as him wanting a ridiculous amount for a contract extension.Three players left the club on loan for developmental reasons while Abdullah left as a part exchange in the deal for Abduz Aziz,I'm not too bothered by this as Abdullah was down the pecking order when it came to keepers so it did save us some money in the end.We bought in four players for a combined fee of £20k which was all on Abdul Aziz so I am pretty happy with our business during pre-season,the standout player is Nordin Ismail who is without a doubt one of the best players Malaysia has produced and is actually featured in the media dream XI in the Season Preview.

Pre-Season Fixtures

42237cf87060f0a2fad37c6c9f98180f.png

It was a solid pre-season overall and I have changed the formation I was using to a 4-2-4 which I was using in my Czech Republic save,We didn't do too badly overall considering we were missing my first choice keeper for pre-season as he was on international duty for Mozambique in the African Cup of Nations.These results give me encouragement that we could be in for another successful season.

The Team

ad5f8222bc5175a1329ed2e6cec4e237.pngb402a2df43f4e9f72a22b00efa1b0f5a.png

Nordin Ismail

Elias Chissano

M.Mohamad

J.Saravanan

Chua Jiawen

Manager's Thoughts

We managed to strengthen during the pre-season both on and off the pitch which is brilliant news for the club overall.We were extremely close in regards to winning the title but I think our new four signings could help us get over the finish line first,Ismail will be one I am looking to keep at the club for as long as possible as he is easily one of the top two players in the country so I will be looking to build a team around him in the future whether it is through signings or youngsters coming through the youth system.All facilities are being upgraded which will put us at Selangor's level so that is excellent news as that will move us towards the top with only Johor Darul Ta'zim being ahead of us,the Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment has gone up,we now have the best Junior Coaching in the country while Youth Recruitment sits at third best as it is behind Sabah and Kelantan.I think if we can keep improving like this then it won't be long before we have the best setup in the country.

For the targets this season,my aim will to be overthrow Johor Darul Ta'zim and reclaim the title as I don't think it will be as close as last season which only had a difference of one goal between the top two teams.I am pretty confident we will reach the latter stages of the domestic cups again so we should be able to get some more income from those games to help increase the finances.This season we will actually be in the Champions League but I am not expecting us to go anywhere as we have been drawn against Pohang Steelers in the playoff,so our chances of victory are around the extremely slim mark.Although having no focus on continental competitions could be beneficial as it means I won't have to concentrate on them and we can go full throttle on the domestic front.Title race number four here we come!