[FM21]I Heard You’re A Player.Nice To Meet You,I’m The Manager.

B.W.G

Youth Intake 2040

a29688a155fec85233fb9c53299759f0.png

Kunal Gupta

Clyde D'Souza

Denis Rocha

Manager's Thoughts

I don't think this intake is as good as last seasons but we do have five players who could easily make it at the club.

Saurabh Coutinho and Derrick Ansari will be kept on as they can become very useful backups for the club if they can meet their potential.Denis Rocha is the player I'm guessing is the striker that was mentioned in the youth preview,2.5* is a very good potential rating for a backup player who will also be used as a rotational player if the club ends up having a lot of games in a short period.Clyde D'Souza coming through is a great relief as finding solid ML and MRs in India is a nightmare,D'Souza's potential is actually higher than my current first choice ML so he could become a squad player in 2-3 years depending on his development.

This then leads us to the unquestionably the best pick of the intake Kunal Gupta.Despite the fact he has only just come through,he is already regarded as the clubs 4th best MC which is quite remarkable as we already had six other MC's at the club and he has overtaken half of them,he is a pretty rounded MC for this level as he can play six different roles while keeping the 1.5* CA rating,I will be giving him more training as a Mezzala in the attack role,this role is something I was using in Indonesia and I feel Gupta will be able to fill the same role as Dio did at my previous club.I will be moving him to the first team for the upcoming Federation Cup as it doesn't require registration so he may get some game time this season.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

April 2040

Fixtures

6528b5c776e1a2c14b2e3fd9f05443d0.png

League Table

e3b4aa97a850bb86e0a4d2457fb9acfd.png

Manager's Thoughts

We finished off our campaign with a fantastic 4-0 win over NEROCA (IND),the first half was pretty abysmal as very little actually happened but things kicked on and we ran out 4-0 winners in the end.April also saw us begin our defence of the Federation Cup,we easily beat Sporting Clube de Goa 5-0 in the first leg which means we pretty much have one foot in the semi-finals.

May is all about the Federation Cup,at the minute we are playing one game which is the second leg against Sporting Clube de Goa,we have a 5-0 lead from the first leg so that lead should be too big to be overturned so we should get to the semi-finals.not too sure on who we will face in the semi-final  as only Salgaocar seem to be through after their 7-2 first leg win over Gokulam Kerala.

41df89db427c8fe0f7330f3249c58add.png

SC Dempo - Hero I-League - End of Season - 2039/40

Season Review

Transfers - Released - Youth

Wasn't really much to talk about with transfers as I wanted to add to the team and not take anyone away which is why there was no one released and no one sold or loaned out.Just the two players who came and both were for strengthening the defence.We two foreign spots left open.Lamine Foba (DC) takes up the foreign spot excluding nations while we paid £3.2k for Iraqi international Hassan Salih (DRC) who takes the foreign spot including Asian nations.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Hero I-League - Winners

a4dacab900626c7b80d542225bfbf424.png

It was closer than the seven point gap we won the title by,we had the title won in the penultimate game with a gap of four points between ourselves and Punjab,we then won the last game and Punjab lost theirs.We were really dominant when we won but when we dropped points,it's because we ran out of ideas of how to break the opposition down but we managed it in the end.

Durand Cup - Winners

fcd9fd74f2e17e07ee3450e871951681.png

This ended up being a weird competition as I found the group stage harder to get through than I did to win in the Knockout stages.We won two and drew one to top the group which contained NEROCA (IND),Salgaocar and Shullong Lajong.In the Knockout stage we destroyed Goa B in the semi-finals then destroyed Sporting Clube de Goa in the final with a 5-1 victory.

Federation Cup - Winners

f9e7c9ff803c472e64008a0a2d1d7a14.png

We made it two Federation Cups in a row as we retained it with great difficulty.We easily beat Sporting Clube de Goa with a 8-0 aggregate victory.The semi-finals against Indian Arrows was a very close affair and it took a goal in the 89th minute to get through to the final.The final result on the above screenshot is buggd,it shows we beat Salgaocar in the final which is true but we beat them 2-1 with the winner being in extra time instead of it being 1-1.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Best XI - Accolades 1 - Accolades 2

The Team

44e4c389e5a72357dd9c186220c80230.png

Amadou Mansaray

Ahmed Momoh

Subhash Singh

Yogesh Kumar

Vincent Raj

Manager's Thoughts

First up I will be apologising as I forgot to do May's update for the Federation Cup and I didn't even realise till I was writing the summary for the Federation Cup in this report!

As for this season,I am over the moon with the domestic clean sweep and I do hope that it will be of first of many too come.However,I feel I have already hit a brick wall in India in regards to domestic talent,there isn't much domestic talent out there that can help improve the team.Most of the domestic talent comes from ourselves,Punjab in which we can sign any from there and Salgaocar whose players will not sign for us at any cost (I tried on several players of theirs!).This looks like I could be relying on youth for quite a while with us hoovering the best prospects of other clubs as the foreign limit is only four players and even then,some of the foreign players are not eligible to gain Indian nationality which I find bizarre as it hampers using foreign players to boost your team by waiting for them to gain nationality.

For next season,I wouldn't expect much in terms of transfers as there are four possible targets which will be a massive use to us in the future if we can get them but this particular stint in my career will be more a youth save with allowance of buying player under 21.In terms of competitions,my main aim is to win the league as I am not too bothered by the cups,this is mainly because we will be playing in the Asian Confederation Cup,the board want us to reach the Interzone playoff but I will be going in blind as I don't know what to expect from this competition but I will be trying to at least meet the boards expectations.

Career Stats (Africa and Asia only!) 

Link (For full career overview)

13282bc2c8eb524e75d7a6139f31b3ec.png

July 2040

Last "Real" Player Standing

1a524217139f51e229d697fbcd5fd963.png

We're down to the last 36 players in the game,the only question left is when will the last player retire.We could be into single digits by this time next year.

Not long before the first era of entirely regens begins for players.

Dempo SC - Hero I-League - Pre-Season - 2040/41

Season Preview - Expectations

This is actually a really good representation of what happened in the transfer market,we did literally nothing as no one left and no one came in.There just wasn't anyone out there who can or potentially would add something to the team in the future.The only player I had considerable interest in was at Punjab but as he came through their youth intake last season so not interested in joining us yet.

Pre-Season Fixtures

The usual in India,no pre-season fixtures from any Indian club before the Durand Cup starts.

The Team

a2d4e2d806e6d33d5a3fc39ba75171ff.png

505d87ff109e899d1ed722a1cdf67ee9.png

Amadou Mansaray

Hassan Salih

Lamine Foba

Ahmed Momoh

Saurabh Naik

Manager's Thoughts

This has been my quickest pre-season ever in a journeyman save as we did absolutely nothing.The only thing I did during the pre-season was move Kunal Gupta to the Senior Team,despite the fact he is only 15 years old,he has already improved and hit the 2* rating so he isn't far off taking the spot of third choice MC.My aim for the season is to retain the title as I am not really bothered by the cups,this is because the only way we can get continental football is by winning the league.We will also be in the Asian Confederation Cup,no idea what to expect from the teams in the competition or even when we start our campaign in the competition so it's a case of taking it one game at a time.

The reason why nothing happened was because there isn't anyone who would improve the team,if I am signing players for the future then I have seen one player but he wasn't interested in joining us yet but he will be one to aim for next season.Well after this quiet spell,it's time to get down to things as the season is about to start.

August 2040

Durand Cup

Fixtures

f9258da1a40d9217eef97a5a6408dda1.png

League Table

530613eab5953841babd823fa9ddbe0b.png

Stage Tree

d17e6cca401fdd4bfe2fd910bb3e008b.png

Manager's Thoughts

We retained the Durand Cup in relatively straight forward fashion as we barely struggled in any of the games.The biggest problem for me was injuries in the MR position,after the game against Chennai City we had Vincent Raj and Clyde Pal injured before the final against Salgaocar,this meant that Saurabh Ansari would be making his first full start for the team,the youth academy graduate rewarded us with the first goal and provided two assists in the final!

This has given me encouragement that we can retain the title but we have quite the while before the season starts as the league will be starting in December this season.My only aim is to get off to a very good start and finish December at the top or literally right behind so we are in the fight for the title.

December 2040

Fixtures

5f70d2d23a95f798b598d9ae98c4e656.png

League Table

8b523463e493125dd2f2a6af186cc62d.png

Manager's Thoughts

What a start to the season that was as we finished the month at the top of the table after winning all five games.The games against Punjab and Shillong Lahong were both tight affairs but we came out on top due to the finishing.As for the three big wins,Real Kashmor can consider themselves unfortunate due to going down to ten men when we were winning 2-1 and then furthered their misery by taking advantage of the situation.I loved the victory over NEROCA (IND) as I hate their manager and he hates me back so there isn't nothing better than humiliating him.

January is bit of a busy month as we play six times,the highlight fixture from January will be the game against Salgaocar as they sit five points behind us with a game in hand so of they win that game in hand then this could go down to the wire.We also have a tricky game against Gokulam Kerala,they are a team who should not be underestimated but I am confident we can get some sort of result against them.My aim is to be top of the table going into the second half of the season.

Well that's quite a problem!

be44d5d5fb648bdd195a66ef5202347d.png

No you are not seeing wrong,the Hero I-league which I am managing in has fallen below Malaysia which is the next destination.I cannot believe this has actually happened,I am seriously thinking about winning the Asian Confederation Cup with a Indian side and call it a day at that point and the same would go for Hong Kong as well.

Malaysia and Singapore (currently 29th!)  get a automatic Champions League spot while India (Hero I-League) and Hong Kong have to get through the Asian Confederation Cup to get to the Champions League.Who would of thought I'd be getting done in by a league that isn't playable (Indian Super League).What a cluster****!

Edited by B.W.G

January 2041

Fixtures

149c187db1cd652cc4353cb7cfbefb79.png

League Table

251b2ccba72e292ca613e34e1dcd78b6.png

Manager's Thoughts

January went great as we picked up sixteen points from eighteen and finished the month in first place with a four point lead over Salgaocar.The points dropped during January was against Salgaocar and it was actually pretty embarrassing,this is because Salgaocar were reduced to ten men in the first half and we failed to capitalise on that.Off the pitch,we should of had our youth intake preview but it never came through,usually we get the preview about three months before the intake as our intake is in April but I guess it's a case of wait and see what happens.

February brings us four more games with the highlight fixture being against our fierce rivals Churchill Bros,I will also be carrying on with my feud against NEROCA (IND) and their idiot of a manger.The other two matches could be quite tricky as we are facing Shillong Lajong and Indian Arrows,my aim is simple and that is to be at the top as we need to constantly get into the Asian Confederation Cup if we are to improve the league's standing.

Asian Confederation Cup Group Stage draw

e9bee7bfffdb599b28cc0392fbcc3b2f.png

I don't have a clue what to make of this draw as the only team I am familiar with is Goa as we come up (and beat) their "2" side regularly in the Durand Cup.Goa will be the most difficult team to face as I think we should have more than enough of us to beat sides from Bangladesh and Maldives.

February 2041

Fixtures

3af45b87ecefd82432188ca3398ce0bb.png

League Table

1c11140bd5c6f322ef8fe7d53e0932a0.png

Manager's Thoughts

February saw us run riot on the opposition as we won all four games with four goals being the least we scored,the only disappointing thing was that we kept just the one clean sheet but by the end of the month we have a ten point lead over Salgaocar with five games left to play although Salgaocar do have a game in hand on us.It was also nice to see so many different scorers through the month which shows the goals are coming from other areas than just my strikers.

We play five times in March,four in the league and one in the Asian Confederation Cup.In the league the biggest game comes at the start of the month as we are facing Salgaocar,a win in that game will literally see us have one hand on the title,we should have the the title wrapped up as the other three fixtures are in the bottom five in the league.We kick off our ACC campaign with a more local game as we are facing Goa,from my understanding only the top team qualifies for the next round so a win would be vital as we are at home for that match.

March 2041

Fixtures

9a744374611ecf26d5213ddd384b38ee.png

League Table

9018b1463f70bfc3b0b0ee5a28f6a500.png

Manager's Thoughts

We went through March unbeaten in the league as we picked up ten points from twelve which was more than enough to see us win the title,the only game we dropped points in was against Real Kashmir in which I pretty much fully rotated the side as we had the game against Goa coming up.We kicked off our ACC campaign with a fantastic 3-0 win over Goa,this is a real boost for our qualification from the group as I feel they were the strongest opposition in the group,the performance was excellent all over the pitch but we were helped a bit as Goa were reduced to ten men midway through the first half.

Just the two games in April,one in the league and one in the ACC.In the league we finish our campaign against Sporting Clube de Goa,I don't really care about this match as it means nothing to us as we already have the title won but I would prefer to not lose as that will be an unbeaten season.In the ACC we are at home to Bashundhara Kings in match day 2,if we are basing it off the first game then we need to be a bit careful as they won their first game but I think we should be too strong for them.April should also see us get our youth intake through but I have no idea who we will be getting as we never got a preview.

Youth Intake 2041

ecbe96acf816f87afbcaeb0e64c4a977.png

8f8d081eb9869c0e39b94911050de334.png

Pratik Costa

Balaji Sequeira

John Tavora

Denzil D'Souza

Mahesh Gomes

Rashid Guha

Manager's Thoughts

Considering I didn't know what to expect as we didn't have a intake preview,I am over the mood with who has come through the intake this season with their being at least six potential first team players coming through in a number of positions.They will be starting off in the u18's where I will let them develop until they are ready for first team action.I think in the entire intake there is four players who won't be signed as they are nowhere near the standard of the rest of the intake.At least now we have had our third intake we can start looking to loan some our players to other clubs to help with first team action.Can't wait to see what they are like in a few years. 

Edited by B.W.G

April 2041

Fixtures

ad938747055b182292170168f1b75823.png

Tables

e0c6768dfdcd5cbdc066deda199ab042.png

1a3e5c4f508cacf0e5039faae739f429.png

Manager's Thoughts

Two games and two wins for April.In the league we beat Sporting Clube de Goa which also saw them confirmed as the side relegated,do I feel bad that I did that.....nope!We continued our ACC campaign with a win against Bashundhara Kings,they were annoyingly hard to break down but thankfully they ran out of gas in the second half as we ran out 5-0 winners,central midfielder Naik was the star of the show as he netted four times.

May is all about cup competitions as we are playing in both the ACC and Federation Cup.In the ACC we are playing three times and will be facing Eagles (MDV) twice and Goa,we should be able to beat Eagles both teams but Goa will be a tricky game although if we do win that then we will be through to the next stage with a game to spare.For the Federation Cup I have no idea who we are facing yet as the draw hasn't been made but this is a secondary target for me as priority is the ACC,if we win the Federation Cup then that is a bonus but if we lose I won't be too bothered.

May 2041

Fixtures

514c0910dddb8b046e7e15ad30993d03.png

Confederation Cup Table

192098462e780dc0c4118d9de852e02d.png

Federation Cup Tree

f8bcae113d349acbd3f56283465b7115.png

Manager's Thoughts

I am obviously over the moon with winning every game but I am cursing my stupidity and lapse in judgement due to something that happened during the month.I mentioned on the previous month's thoughts that I wouldn't be too bothered if I lost in the Federation Cup but that was stupid of me to say those exact words,as you can see we narrowly beat Salgaocar with a 5-3 aggregate win but they then sacked their manager right after the second leg game.If I wasn't successful then that could have been troublesome as we were required to win the competition by the board.As for the ACC,we had no problems what so ever as we won every game to qualify for the interzone playoff which I think is in September.

End of Season update to follow then onto the next season we go.

Dempo SC - Hero I-League - End of Season - 2040/41

Season Review

This sums up my transfer business as we did absolutely nothing as there is very little quality in India.There are a few players from Punjab and NEROCA who could add something to the team but they are demanding six figure sums for them which is over what I can afford.The best players coming through are at ourselves and Salgaocar,we literally have no chance of signing Salgaocar's players due to our rivalry with them.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Comeptitions

Hero I-League - Winners

cc26a7c39da8597f657ae82a4e36eea6.png

It was complete domination as we won the league by fifteen points and did so with an unbeaten season.It pays to be at one of the two strongest teams in India!

Asian Confederation Cup - Playoffs (Competition still ongoing)

cdf655bf0ea5fe2e6d79f9889ff0706f.png

I am over the moon with winning six out of six in the group as we qualified for the playoffs.To make it better,we even better Indian Super League side Goa which shows the Hero I-League is the better league!

Federation Cup - Winners

5aaf1a0ca949f754047c09f8277b9c7e.png

No problems against Real Kashmir in the quarter finals but we made hard work of things against Salgaocar and NEROCA but due to squad rotation because of the ACC,it did make things a bit more difficult but we overcame both obstacles in the end.

Durand Cup - Winners

fe357f803ccf19c2898870e92d93284f.png

We had no issues in this competition as we won every single game and we made short work of Chennai City and Salgaocar in the knockout stages.The board didn't care about the competition win but it is more silverware for me at the end of the day.

Players.Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Best XI - Accolades 1 - 2

The Team

0d253c60169dec293287171232c8ce0c.png

Amadou Mansaray

Ahmed Momoh

Lamine Foba

Vincent Raj

Saurabh Naik

Manager's Thoughts

That went easier than I expected we went through the entire season without losing which is an amazing feat considering we had an extra competition to deal with.I am really happy with where the club is at but taking it to the next step is a bit more problematic as there isn't much talent in India with exception to ourselves and Salgaocar so I will be relying heavily on the youth intakes in the future as Salgaocar's players will not join us because we are their rivals and I know due to trying to sign their keeper who is India's current number one.Obviously if a player does come through at the other clubs then I will look to sign them for the right price but I won't be held to ransom as I have time to wait it out to see if we get a youth player through at the same quality!

As for next season I would like to see more of the same dominance from the team like we did this season as it is important we keep winning the league to qualify for the ACC as we can't rely on the other teams to improve the standard of the league as falling below Malasyia is quite a big issue and with teams in Singapore making improvements,I wouldn't be surprised if Singapore catches up to India at some point.Also for next season the board have actually moved the goalposts regarding to the ACC,originally we only have to make the playoffs which we did and now they want us to reach the final which has turned the pressure on me a lot as I don't know anything about the teams we will be facing or even where they are from as the draw hasn't been made yet!

Season Stats

Link (For full Career)

dc1ad8132d9c81655c20448d85e3e193.png

July 2041

697e1e2089ac8957e26e4e3f4354bc0b.png
This is it,we're into the end game now as there are only 8 "real" players left and three of those are retiring this year.Naci is retiring on the 17/7,van Sas is retiring 30/12 and Cheng is retiring 24/9.The other five haven't said anything about their futures so perhaps they can be part of the 42/43 season as we are about to start 41/42.

10 hours ago, B.W.G said:

July 2041

697e1e2089ac8957e26e4e3f4354bc0b.png
This is it,we're into the end game now as there are only 8 "real" players left and three of those are retiring this year.Naci is retiring on the 17/7,van Sas is retiring 30/12 and Cheng is retiring 24/9.The other five haven't said anything about their futures so perhaps they can be part of the 42/43 season as we are about to start 41/42.

I don’t recognise any of these players. Where they any good?

Edited by Sonic Youth
Changed word

10 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

India now :idiot:

You seem to have subjugated India already, and now just need to raise the level of the competition and league. Hope you can get upgrades soon.

I generally think raising the level of the competition and league will be extremely difficult due to the Hero I-League playing second fiddle to the ISL.I really don't think upgrades are going to happen any time soon as we have just over £200k in the bank and winning the league only gets us £159k.

10 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

I don’t recognise any of these players. Where they any good?

The only notable player on that list was easily Naci Ünüvar,he has had a fantastic career as well and is in 12th place when it comes to all time leading transfers thanks to his £118 million move to Barcelona.

f7105c8a8a5e9aabc74b69a66bfa8842.png

Dempo SC - Hero I-League - Pre-Season - 2041/42

Season Preview - Expectations

I should really use last seasons screenshots as for some reason that shows what we have done during pre-season.Three players were released as they weren't good enough for the team,instead of trying to sell them I would rather let them out on a free if it means strengthening other Indian sides.We actually loaned out four players which has netted us £360 and you are seeing that figure right as that shows you how little money is actually in India.Just the one player came in,I actually attempted to buy Roy last season but Indian Arrows priced us out as they wanted £175k which wasn't possible for us to afford but I've got my guy on a free and he will come in for the MR position.

Pre-Season Fixtures

I tried to find anyone to play us for friendlies but I failed as the only team we could face was our under 18's and I didn't want to do that as there wouldn't be any money made!

The Team

d0299570f1d2dd948a712b4259897765.png

Amadou Mansaray

Lamine Foba

Saurabh Naik

Hassan Salih

Ahmed Momoh

Manager's Thoughts

I think this is the season where I will be starting to grab the league by it's neck and start to attempt to drag this competition up the league rankings.With all the lower nations being left,I feel it will be easy to dominated domestically but getting anywhere on the continent will be extremely difficult,to put this into context,my longest spell at a club was 1198 days and I am already at 898 days without getting into the Champions League and I feel this could end up even longer due to the situation I find myself in.Financially we are boned so we desperately need that Champions League money which ISL side Bengaluru keep getting and they're in the other Indian league!

For this season,as I mentioned the goal posts were moved in regards to the ACC as the original goal was reach the Interzone playoff which we have done but the aim is now reach the final which I am guessing is the overall final and not the Interzone Playoff final which means I now have to win two additional ties which are both two legged games just to reach the final.As for the domestic side this season,my aim is to carry on with where we left off and dominating the country,we have added a bit more strength to the team so I think we should do well but I think the league win is required if we are to carry on attempting to improve the Hero I-League's standing in Asia.

Asian Confederation Cup

Interzone Playoff semi-final draw

125bb6c29c067b809f1e4c6b8ddf2fa2.png

This is actually the worst draw they could of given us at this stage,I would of preferred to face the teams from Thailand and Turkmenistan than face Kedah.They did extremely well in the Astro Liga Super Malaysia as they finished the season in second place just two points behind the league winners Sabah FA.Although I am in someway grateful to face Kedah as they knocked out Singapore's LC Sailor's on penalties which is a surprise so I definitely think this is a winnable game.

August 2041

Fixtures

a79b9b29005d925a329a25c1835aabbd.png

Durand Cup Stages

6532f675cb0752a7b7e83c5da2296e27.png

a8761161f1d1639ffc31230daf883b2f.png

Manager's Thoughts

Considering we didn't have a full strength side for the first two games of the Durand Cup,I am over the moon at how we qualified as we topped the group with a 100% record,things were a bit unfortunate for NEROCA as they were the first side where I played a full strength side,we had no problems in the semi-final as we thrashed Chennai City,the final against TRAU was a bit tricky as I had no idea what to expect as I've never faced them before,turns out they are pretty decent so it will be interesting to see how they do in the league.The performance against Kedah FA deserves full marks as we were solid all over the pitch and that results sees us with one foot in the Interzone Final.

Just the one game in September which sees us play Kedah FA in the second leg of the Interzone playoff semi-final,all I want is a solid performance from the team as I want to go through to the final with a win.

September 2041

2d4e36a3d6dd008d12cdcdc6ff3f5656.png

Manager's Thoughts

We just had the one game in September and as you can see we won the second leg 4-0 which gave us a 8-0 aggregate victory over Kedah FA.We actually stuggled to break them down in the first half despite going into half time 2-0 up but we completely domianted the second half and we easily could have scored more but onwards we go the Interzone Playoff Final.

Just the two games in October and both are in the ACC as we come up against Thai side Burniam,I am expecting two close games in the both legs,if we can get a draw and a couple of away goals in the first leg then we should be able to progress to the final of the ACC but we need solid performances all over the pitch in both games if we are to progress.

October 2041

ACC Interzone Playoff Final

First Leg

50bfb720e86d6b9112c6df5794c8f66d.png

Second Leg

2fab5d0ff0d74950e2f98bd89a451c0a.png

Manager's Thoughts

We literally just scraped through the Interzone Playoff final with a 5-4 aggregate victory over Buriram Utd.The first leg saw us escape with a 3-3 draw in which it could have been a lot worse as they missed a penalty in the first half,I got it wrong tactically and I really should of gone with a 4-1-4-1 to give some support to the defence but we came out of the match with three away goals.The second leg saw a much better performance and I think we were unlucky to have only won 2-1 as we could of scored more but the win was more important as our second leg victory means we have progressed to the final.

November has two games but only one of them matters and that is the final of the ACC where we will be facing Iraqi side Al-Zawra'a.they will be an extremely difficult side to beat and to top it off they knocked out last season's ACC winners Muharraq in their playoff semi-final so that is actually quite worrying.For what is coming up,we need to have our eye on the prize as the winner of the final goes into the Champions League playoff and that is what I am after as we need that position to help move the Hero I-League back up the rankings.

November 2041

ACC Final

515b13cec656125554616d0aff7cee0d.png

Manager's Thoughts

Champions League here we come!!!

What a performance that was.2-0 down after sixteen minutes and we clawed it back to 2-2 just before the half time.We then dominated the second half as we ran the show and ran out 5-2 winners.I am also pleased for Lawrence as he has proven me wrong,when I took over I wasn't sure he was going to be good enough for us in the long run and has shut me up with eleven goals in the last ten games.

December is here and we will be playing six times in the league which includes a tricky match against Salgaocar.My main aim is to make sure we finish the month at the top of the table as like always only one gets a spot in continental football so I need to keep winning the league to try and help improve the leagues reputation.

December 2041

Fixtures

6dbc9396bee5c7c702cb4559cb3f528e.png

League Table

2f9bced0c0bc73d16988360d7bff7cee.png

Manager's Thoughts

Six wins from six has seen us finish the year at the top of the table although I am really surprised that we got through the month without dropping points as we only had thirteen players available for the game against NEROCA (IND) due to have two players suspended and fifteen on duty for international duty due to the u23 Asian Cup.With all that said I am over the moon with having six point lead at the top and I have my older players to thank for this as they have stepped in where I usually play the younger players.Unfortunately this will probably happen again due to have so many youngsters but we'll take it one season at a time instead of looking that far ahead.

Four more league games in January and I will be surprised if we don't drop any points between 5/1 and 11/1 due to a lack of players but if we are still top come the end of the month then we will be on course for the title again.January should also see us play in the Asian Champions League playoff,no idea who we face yet but I think our best shot of getting to the group stage would be through facing Persib Bandung or Persiraja Banda Aceh as I don't fancy facing teams from Australia,China or South Korea!

Asian League Reputation

Let the kicking and screaming begin!

d9df75b668e662f7628b5580200b732b.png

I said I would have to drag the league up kicking and streaming and I like to the the ACC success has played a part in us going back above Malaysia but we need that bit extra to gain that 2* rating.

As you can see Malaysia have dropped to 20th,Singapore have risen to 27th while Hong Kong have slipped to 38th and are in real danger of losing their 1.5* league rating!

Champions League Draw

3eb5f74daf9a2f3cbc2c3f04e603badf.png

Oh boy have I made a cock up with my thoughts on the draw.I thought that due to playing mainly Eastern Asian teams in the ACC then that would be the case in the ACL but I was completely wrong as we are the Western side of the draw which to me is a lot tougher than the Eastern.Foolad are an Iranian side who are regarded as the 5th biggest side in Iran,I can't even compare them to Al-Zawra'a as Foolad are way above the.All we can do is try out best and see what happens as it is a one legged game so anything can happen.

To make this worse for us,if we do win this then we would have to face Paxtakor who are a couple of steps above Foolad!

January 2042

Fixtures

b5f2e257556672c4b7fff19a55390d2d.png

League Table

36974e3dc5217952880e9f64b732b001.png

Manager's Thoughts

Our ever impressive league form continued as we won four from four which has left us nine points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand which means we have nearly got the title wrapped up at this early stage.Although I am feeling disappointed with the AI progress as they are not even challenging us anymore and the only competition I can find is in the continental competitions.As for the ACL Second Preliminary Round,we narrowly beat Foolad 1-0 to move onto the next stage,the scorer Jadhav was only playing because I used a 4-1-4-1 and he was perfect for the DLP role in the DM position and the gamble payed off for us.

Five more games in February,four in the league and one in the Champions League.I am not really bothered by the league at the moment as we have a nine point lead with a game in hand so we do have an advantage in the title race,we do have a couple of tricky games which sees us play Salgaocar and Punjab but I am confident we can overcome them.The Champions League sees us play Paxtakor in the final playoff,they are Uzbekistan's biggest team and are heavy favourites for the game,to make this worse for us we are away to them in a one legged game,the pressure has also been piled on me by the board as I "required" that I reach the group stage of the competition,even I think that is a bit out of reach for us!

Just now, Sonic Youth said:

Got to love a 28 GD after 10 games :onmehead:

And winning against Foolad was a nice way to finish January off :brock:

The Hero I-League is that poor for quality all you need is five stand out players with a solid squad behind them.It's not like I am using anything fancy tactic wise,I'm using a 4-4-2 in the league!

The scalp of Foolad doesn't seem as massive after playing through February now as we beat Al-Gharafa who are Qatar's third biggest team :eek:

1 minute ago, Sonic Youth said:

BWG - “I remember way back in January when we only had one game against Foolad to save our season!” :kriss:

Looking forward to reading about February :D

I generally didn't think 4-1-4-1 would be as successful as it seemed at the time,I was mainly doing it for damage limitations :lol: 

February will be up very soon!

February 2042

Fixtures

87ba72c6ebde6ac2db86d216e21d62b0.png

Tables

a2c5e55dd4b9a211d5da90c561c6ae11.png

ebc7eb383f05f03ea2197196d725f320.png

Manager's Thoughts

Four wins from four in the league has left us with a fifteen point gap at the top of the table with six games left to play which means we have one hand on the title.I really enjoyed the win over Churchill Bros as they are rivals of ours so seeing the players step up like that was brilliant,I also have to praise Naik who saved our perfect run with a late winner against Punjab.The Champions League was the main talking point as we beat Paxtakor in the playoff final to get to the group stages,we then beat Al-Gharafa 3-0 using the 4-1-4-1 formation I used in the playoffs in a massive shock result.Alay was a weird one as the playing style was "Park the Bus" so I had to play more attacking but we won 5-2 in the end but getting countered like we did was a bit concerning.

We play five times in March,four in the league and one in the Champions League.In the league we face Real Kashmir,NEROCA (IND),Indian Arrows and Gokulam Kerala,all we need is one win from those four games and the title is ours,ideally I would like the perfect league win by winning all twenty games so I will be aiming to win them all.In the Champions League we are facing Tishreen,I generally don't know what to make of them so I will wait to see how they play before I decide on what to do,a win in this game would mean one from the the three games after could see us get to the knockout stage.

Feel My Hatred

8bebf8d2da4cc154f3338f242fc4c138.png

I hate India...I hate India....I hate India!

The two teams above are the ones representing India in the Asian Confederation Cup.not one Hero I-League team in sight!This basically means that Hero I-League didn't get any representation for continental football through the league.We had to get to the Champions League through the ACC, while ATK are the Indian Super League's representation in the Champions League.

Three ISL (unplayable!) teams and one Hero I-League,this is getting ridiculous now as if all us flop out now then India could take a real hit!

March 2042

Fixtures

aa1b743520abbcee9e5a4d87340e47db.png

Tables

149616722c9eb6d0f181c7c13898f8f4.png

c2b6c521a05cf85bb67c3ed2eb2819b2.png

Manager's Thoughts

Three wins from four saw us lift the title but we also lost to Gokulam Kerala which was our first loss in 83 games,we also lost it in true FM fashion as Goklam had 5 shots (4 on target) while we had 21 shots (9 on target),we also put out a strong team which makes that result even more bizarre.In the Champions League we drew with Tishreen,it was a really tough match which could of gone either way but I am happy to have come away with a point due to being the away side.

Four games in April,two in the league and two in the Champions Legue.In the league we finish our our league campaign with games against Aizawl and Shillong Lajong,we should be able to win both games but after the disaster of the match which was Gokulam Kerala,morale has took a slight hit so I am wondering how that will affect them.In the Champions League we are facing Al-Gharafa and Alay,I have no expectations when it comes to Al-Gharafa as the previous game against them was a fluke but I am confident we can get maximum points against Alay.April will also see us get an intake but I have no clue what we are getting as I never got a intake preview which makes me wonder why the **** am I paying for a HoYD!

19 hours ago, B.W.G said:

April will also see us get an intake but I have no clue what we are getting as I never got a intake preview which makes me wonder why the **** am I paying for a HoYD!

:D :mad: There’s got to be something up with that. As long as this intake is good or better than the last, it’s worth paying the wages of this HoYD.

I did a double-take on that league loss. Though better in the league than in Asia.

Have you spotted any good foreign players that could be an upgrade? I’d there any Indian players who have become interested from a rival of good quality? Are you able to upgrade your backroom staff?

1 hour ago, Sonic Youth said:

:D :mad: There’s got to be something up with that. As long as this intake is good or better than the last, it’s worth paying the wages of this HoYD.

I did a double-take on that league loss. Though better in the league than in Asia.

Have you spotted any good foreign players that could be an upgrade? I’d there any Indian players who have become interested from a rival of good quality? Are you able to upgrade your backroom staff?

Oh it's good in more ways than one,I've had a son come through in this intake :D 

Stuff like that happens though but it is handy as a defeat can point out the weaknesses in the team which need looking at.

Foreign players is a bit difficult at the minute as the ones who could improve the team over the others also want a lot more which means I'd have to break the wage structure.We have the best backroom staff in India and we are top in all categories so that is difficult for us to improve.With rivals it is a bit more difficult as only Salgaocar's players are at the same quality as ours but they have no interest in joining us due to us being "Fierce Rivals",with other clubs it's a case of them pricing us out so we usually have to wait to see if the players runs down their deal and then try to get them in.

Youth Intake 2042

aa2aae0d607d8618066e2cdac6e3f23c.png

John Sawart

Allan Coutinho

Jamie Richardson

e4df4c25ddf5a24b9ec410a2a2f1a4b7.png

Saurabh Khan

Custodio Babu

Manager's Thoughts

Holy **** I have a son!He is the second best player in the intake in regards to current ability but this development has put plans on hold,I was planning on taking a hiatus from this save after this season and do a youth only save but it's only right I keep going due to Jamie coming through.I will need to retrain him in the ML role as he is only competent in that role but I am curious to see if he will pick India or Wales as he has dual nationality.

As for the other players,Countinho is pretty much ready for first team football from the go but he will have to wait a while due to registration issues,it's great he can play as a DM as that helps the 4-1-4-1 formation but I will be retraining in the MC role so he will be able to be used in a 4-4-2 formation.Sawant is also a MC which leaves the role really stacked as we have seven in the first team and we then have numerous more in the u18's and youth intake.Khan and Babu coming through helps me massively as we are lacking in defence and them coming through means they will be able to play a major part in the first team in a few years time.

April 2042

Fixtures

353143470f740a8a8755004c55100659.png

Tables

d7c9480ef8d423beb2206b8273cd191a.png

0013bc0266bf443fab92274bc8441960.png

Manager's Thoughts

We finished the league section of the season off with two wins as we finished nineteen points ahead of the nearest challengers NEROCA.We had no real issues in either game but we did play a fully rotated side against Aizawl because of the Champions League match against Al-Gharafa.For the Champions League we won both games which has seen us qualify for the second round,Al-Gharafa once again fell to the 4-1-4-1 formation while we completely destroyed Tishreen 6-0 which was a surprise after we struggled to draw against them in our previous meeting.

May has three games at the minute,two in the Federation Cup and one in the Champions League.In the Champions League we finish our group stage campaign off against Alay,I don't want to drop any points against them as they haven't gained a single point and if we do drop points to them then it will be quite embarrassing.In the Federation Cup we face Real Kashmir in the quarter finals,the Federation Cup is what I am after this month so it will be full strength teams in each fixture we play so we should be able to win the competition.

May 2042

Fixtures

5dc8ca2c8ca75ef2eb98a93d5341a370.png

Manager's Thoughts

May saw us lift another trophy and progress in the Champions League.We easily beat Real Kashmir and NEROCA on the way to the final of the Federation Cup.this run also saw Jamie Richardson make and score on his debut which is brilliant,Salgaocar gave us a real battle in the final which saw an own goal off their goalkeeper Countinho,he is a player I would really love at the club but he has no interest in joining!In the Champions League we easily beat Alay in the final group game as we finished top.In the 2nd Round we faced South Korean side Suwon Bluewings,I love the 4-1-4-1 formation as we snuck through on away goals,we really should of drew the first leg but a moment of madness from our left back Joe Pal cost us the game as he was sent off and they scored from the free kick.

End of Season update to follow then who knows!

Dempo SC - Hero I-League - End of Season - 2041/42

Season Review

Due to the weird cut off date not all the activity was shown.We actually released three players as it would strengthen the league just releasing them instead of selling and not getting any offers for them.Five players went out on loan this season which gave us £360 in fees.Just the one player came in,Roy was going straight in the first team in the MR position as that was one of the weaker areas of the team.

Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3

Competitions

Hero I-League - Winners

5b52b4b9bb496eeefde13c0f300990c1.png

We steam rolled through the season as we amassed fifty seven points and finished nineteen points ahead of our nearest competitors,we would have had the perfect season if it wasn't for the FM gods being against me in the loss to Gokulam Kerala.

Asian Champions League - Quarter Finals

e556c97da025902431f2c3448c84dfcd.png

What a performance this has been so far as I wasn't expecting to reach the quarter finals.We scraped through the playoffs as we won both games by a single goal,we then topped our group in which ourselves and Tishreen qualified from the group and knocked out Al-Gharafa.In the second round we beat South Korean giants Suwon Bluewings on away goals to progess,we probably should of won without the need of away goals but a moment of madness cost us in the first leg.

Federation Cup - Winners

e8b7393481626b163dc3e877d04486b0.png

No issues in the quarter finals or the semi-finals as we disposed of Real Kashmir (7-1 on aggregate) and NEROCA (8-2 on aggrgeate).Salgaocar on the other hand gave us a massive scare in the final as we ran out 2-0 winners thanks to an own goal and a injury time strike,this could of been a lot different if Salgaocar didn't have their goal ruled out in the first half!

Durand Cup - Winners

9a56f6019de7e2a745fb3813acada2d2.png

No issues in the run up to the final,we easily topped the group scoring eleven times and didn't even concede.The semi final saw us beat Chennai City with a 5-1 scoreline,I was disappointed in conceding but it was a comfortable win in the end.The final was the most difficult match of them as they came at us from the go but we were able to break them down on the counter and made it count when it mattered,that was a very nerve wracking 3-1 victory!

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades 1 - 2 - Best XI

The Team

8043a43a1937117c1d61b9ce2b190d5d.png

Amadou Mansaray

Samir Lawrence

Anand Roy

Subhash Singh

Lamine Foba

Manager's Thoughts

Another season and another domestic clean sweep in India,I feel like this was always going to be case in smaller nations as they will be easier to dominate domestically but when it comes to continental football,that will be the real challenge.As for Continental football,I am over the moon with reaching the quarter finals as that means we could be helping move the Hero I-League up the league rankings.The (players are developing slowly but it will be another few years before they reach a level near their potential but we have time to kill as I am not expecting to win the Champions League any time soon,we will need to keep winning the league so I need to keep an eye out for the best players coming through at other clubs due to only having one continental spot for our league.

The aims for next season is simple and that is to win the league,I am not expecting to win the Champions League despite the fact I have no idea who we will be facing in the quarter finals,on the plus side there will be no Shandong Luneng as they never made it out the group stage so that is Asia's biggest team out of the competition.There isn't really anyone getting in this season on free this season,I have identified a striker who plays for NEROCA but he hasn't long signed a new contract,the second target is a DC who also plays for NEROCA but he is more gettable as he only has a year left on his contract and would cost somewhere between £23K and £65k which is affordable so there may be some activity during the off season.

Career Stats

Link (For entire career)

7a60856a17d0a966eb12e61e39a5a2c5.png

July 2042

eb49fb3fbaf928b55b7f79a74cac2b97.png

Oliwier Zych is the last players standing,a former Poland international who has starred for Aston Villa and New York Red Bulls for the majority of his career is the last real player in the game.

As you can see he is retiring,from the 15/7/42,there will be no real players left in this save!

1 hour ago, B.W.G said:

July 2042

eb49fb3fbaf928b55b7f79a74cac2b97.png

Oliwier Zych is the last players standing,a former Poland international who has starred for Aston Villa and New York Red Bulls for the majority of his career is the last real player in the game.

As you can see he is retiring,from the 15/7/42,there will be no real players left in this save!

tenor.gif?itemid=18323120