[FM21]I Heard You’re A Player.Nice To Meet You,I’m The Manager.

7 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Nice start :thup:

The nice start carried on for a couple of more games and then we lost!

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

April 2053

Fixtures

b5143608c8c887079e65cfdf9319003d.png

Table

53ffe431bcebb97ec16005dc1e3a5d15.png

Well our run carried on and ended in a space of a month but we are still at the top of the table although the gap is down to one point so I am thanking Tajong Pagar for taking points off LC Sailors.The game against Hougang Utd was brutal for them as we were 8-0 up at half time and we would go on to win 11-2 which is a new league record.I have to give credit to DPMM,they made us battle for that victory and it took two goals in the dying stages to clinch the win.The match against LC Sailors was an usual one,we had more of the ball but LC Sailors had the better shots in the game,despite having more of the ball we can consider ourselves lucky as LC Sailors had a goal disallowed in the first half and missed a penalty before the netted the winner.

Five games in May as we play Tanjong Pagar,Young Lions,Balestier,Geylang Int. and Albirex (S).My aim is to still be in the top three come the end of the month but I am interested to see how we bounce back after the defeat to LC Sailors,we can't undestimate Tanjong Pagar either as they did take points off the champs and they are the first team we face this month,My aim is to pick up at least nine points as that should be enough to keep us in the top three.

11-2 against the second last but only 3-1 against the last placed team? Not the way around you’d usually expect.

Pretty decent effort against LC Sailors there, and nice to see it didn’t stop you keeping top spot :thup:

Time for another winning streak to begin :lock:

Just now, Sonic Youth said:

11-2 against the second last but only 3-1 against the last placed team? Not the way around you’d usually expect.

Pretty decent effort against LC Sailors there, and nice to see it didn’t stop you keeping top spot :thup:

Time for another winning streak to begin :lock:

We have lost top spot as LC Sailors played more than us as our match against Albirex (S) was postponed but they haven't pulled too far ahead as Albirex (S) did beat LC Sailors in May.

I'm on my third attempt at a winning streak as we bottled the match against Young Lions.

May 2053

Fixtures

3264ca27e58c26eccd81f7468e78c181.png

Table

c10c291b9616764136656f0562310b04.png

Generally we were pretty solid as we won three out of four matches in May,we have slipped to second place but we do have a game in hand on LC Sailors as our match against Albirex (S) was postponed due to international callups for the opposition.I was really happy with the performances in our three wins and the games against Tanjong Pagar and Balestier were the perfect responses after suffering a defeat in the match before.The match against Young Lions as very disappointing as we ended up throwing away the points,the biggest talking point was the error from our right back which led to one of their goals.I think we are looking pretty certain for a continental football spot next season due to Albirex (S) not being able to qualify so I am very happy with how the season as gone so far.

Just the three games in June and we will be facing DPMM,Hougnag Utd and Tanjong Pagar,we are facing three of the bottom four so I am want us to win all three of these games and I am hoping that will be enough to see us reclaim our top spot.

Youth Intake Preview

389829730097bc23dd1ec0654c31cccc.png

I really couldn't possibly comment on this as I don't know what is the normal standard of intakes in Singapore.I am however looking forward to it as it looks like we are getting quite a few players through who could help massively on the flanks and up front and they have been issues that I couldn't deal with properly in the transfer window.

June 2053

Fixtures

fde230520d0ecc12d4c2f84b43e7aaa9.png

League Table

1537f7ab57f021c254f410e7f03bdfe4.png

That was a disappointing month as we picked up four points from nine and that has seen us slip further behind LC Sailors.I have no complaint from the win against Hougang Utd while the game against Tanjong Pagar was just one of those unfortunate matches where things just didn't go our way and on another day we would have beat them.The match against DPMM saw us put in a terrible performance as we gifted them two goals and one of those was from a stupid tackle in the area which resulted in a penalty.On the plus side we have a nice lead over fourth place in the race for continental football and with ten games left to play we are in a strong position to get at least ACC football next.The real downside to this month was Singh going off injured in the game against Hougang,he will definitely miss the beginning of July but may be back for the end of it.

We play three times in July and they are all league games,we will be facing LC Sailors,Young Lions and Balestier.We really can't afford too many slip ups if we are going for the title as we are currently four points behind,if we lose to LC Sailors then the title race is pretty much done.I want some revenge against Young Lions.We probably need to pick up seven points in order to stay in the title race but seven points will also see us stay in the top three.

July 2053

Fixtures

9c421a19bad74fe497e569aa384ca51c.png

League Table

ae80b65de90766b239de3789bc6b0420.png

What a fantastic month that was as we picked up seven points and close the gap to three points on LC Sailors.The match against LC Sailors was actually pretty frantic,both sides had a goal disallowed and we had a player sent off after 46 minutes so we actually took the lead when we had ten men,what a fantastic defensive performance the team put in.The win against Young Lions was brilliant and it was the perfect revenge for losing our last match against them.The draw against Balestier was an off say for the attackers as they failed to hit the back of the net but we were never really in trouble.Not too bad of a month considering we were missing our top goal scorer for the entire month!

Five more games in August and we will be facing Geylang Int.,Albirex (S),DPMM,Hougang Utd and Tanjong Pagar.We only have seven games left to play so these five matches should see us clinch continental football next season.We do have a tough match against Albirex (S) to play and we will need to be at our best to get anything from that game,the other match for me to highlight is the match against DPMM as that is another match where I want revenge due to them beating us last time out.If we can pick up ten points then that should see us qualify for the ACC next season but we will probably need to score more points if we are to keep on challenging LC Sailors for the title.

August 2053

Fixtures

528fff22b3bf6d0238a2b35843c2b51c.png

League Table

096de907d494eb9fc2c89df0d4fa312c.png

The perfect month for us as we won all five league games and we moved back to the top of the table,we have a two point lead over LC Sailors but with two games left to play in the league that means nothing.It was nice to see Arumugam Kumar finally turn up as his brace against Albirex (S) were his first goals since 17/5!Meli Singh made his return from injury against DPMM and then went off injured in the very same match so he will be back in September!There were great performances from the team all around but Arumugam Kumar's six goal haul against Tanjong Pagar wasn't definitely the stand out performance.

We have three games in September,two in the league and one in the Singapore Cup.In the league we are facing LC Sailord and Albirex (S),we really could not have asked for a tougher finish to the league season,whoever wins the match between ourselves and LC Sailors will have the advantage in the title race,our last game is against Albirex (S) while LC Sailors face off against Balestier.....talk about high pressure.We face Albirex (S) in the Singapore Cup,it's a group stage game and we will play three teams,I would like to avoid defeat against Albirex (S) as the top two go through and they are our toughest opposition in the group.

The Aftermath

ea1cbeb4cc4a400199faf44155caae82.png

A bit harsh considering Tampines have won the league title six times before I arrived :lol: 

September 2053

Fixtures

d87ca09996b96a26001f0df9b688c3c8.png

League Table

cacca1bfd548bdc5e9c8dd8cf2d2052a.png

We wrapped the league portion of the season up with two wins from two games and that confirmed us as league champions.Our victory over LC Sailors saw mainly down to an absolute heroic performance from the defenders and goalkeeper,we played with ten men for 85 minutes as Matsumoto was sent off after five minutes,it was that quick that he didn't even stay on long enough to get a match rating!Our final game of the season against Albirex (S) was a very open match and it had 34 shots between the two teams but it was our finishing that won us that match as we ran out 7-3 winners in a game that really could of finished at any sort of score.We made a winning start in the Singapore Cup as we beat Albirex (S) 4-1,with them being the toughest in the group then we must be favourites to go through to the next round.

Just the two games in October and we will be facing Hougang Utd and Tanjong Pangar,four points from these two matches will see us finish at the top of the group but we really should be winning both as neither team did anything to note in the league.

Posted (edited)

Youth Intake 2053

e277e6da6d5293e21a1f160e40022408.png

Ng Han Eng

Chee Thian Keong

Nasrul Kamaruzzaman

Yassin Abdul Rahman

I didn't really know what to expect from this intake as this is my first in Singapore.it seems to be a very good intake as we have thirteen players here who will be signed from this intake,nine of these could potentially play in the first team and another five of these could be leading players so I am very happy with this intake.Even the current ability is at a very solid level as we have nine players who have 1.5* or above for CA.Of the four highest potential players I feel that Han Eng and Thian Keong will be the easiest to bring into the first team as they do not need as much re-training,they only need further training for the roles while Kamaruzzaman and Abdul Rahaman need positional training as I don't play using a DM or a AMC unless I really need to and even then I am more likely to go with the DM.I am excited to see how these players develop.

Edited by B.W.G

October/November 2053

Fixtures

dc9d9acddcfcc25711b856f4c94f8806.png

I was too lazy to do a separate post for just one game.

The Singapore Cup games actually had me worried for a bit,we struggled to get past Hougang Utd and even though we won 6-3 against Tanjong Pangar we were very fragile at the back but we managed to finish at the top of the group despite two below par performances.Then the first leg of the semi-final happened and we lost to the team we beat a week before,a rocket up the ass and a team talk of revenge happened and we then thrashed Hougang 6-0 in the second leg to overturn the deficit and progress to the final.The final was actually a walk in the park in the end,the score was 3-1 when LC Sailors had a player sent off and we took full advantage and would go onto lift the Singapore Cup.

End of Season update to follow then onto 2054 we go!

Well that went well, league title and a shiny cup in your first season. Not to mention Asian cup competition reached as well.

Youth intake looks promising, both for now and with potential (at least for Singapore).

A good start for your Singapore leg :applause:

Just now, Sonic Youth said:

Well that went well, league title and a shiny cup in your first season. Not to mention Asian cup competition reached as well.

Youth intake looks promising, both for now and with potential (at least for Singapore).

A good start for your Singapore leg :applause:

I honestly found it weird at how bad LC Sailors were this season,some of their players are better than the majority of my Hong Kong Rangers team!

I've only just caught up so I'm a bit late to the party, but congrats on the Champions League win. :applause: Asia almost done!

17 hours ago, Rikulec said:

I've only just caught up so I'm a bit late to the party, but congrats on the Champions League win. :applause: Asia almost done!

It's great to be in the last leg of Asia although I think South America is where it gets difficult!

1 hour ago, deltablue said:

Great season.

Thanks!

b106636c6e28cd2782c044160e5e2eb6.png

Tampines Rovers - Great Eastern Yeo's S League - End of Season -2053

Season Review

Transfers - Released - Youth

Got to love league reset and transfer window dates not matching!There were actually sixteen players who were released on free transfers,annoyingly there were three or four I would have liked to keep but this happened before I took over,two players would leave to join other clubs on free transfers in which I would of liked to have kept one of them but again the transfer was arranged before I got to the club.I bought in seven players for a combined fee of £45k as I wanted to achieve my aim of getting into the top three and closing the gap on LC Sailors,Matsumoto was the most expensive transfer as we only paid fees for two players.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

S League - Winners

2c6c91698304254ac21314281efd9166.png

Well this was certainly a surprise,I didn't expect to win the league and I didn't expect LC Sailors to be seven points behind.As you can see Meli Singh played a big part for us as he netted 26 goals in the league which helped us on our way to the title but I think we had a lot of luck as well as LC Sailors massively underachieved with the talent at their disposal and they even have the best set up in the country by a mile.You have to remember that LC Sailors got 67 points out of a possible 72 last season so they were fifteen points worse off,I really do think we got lucky this season and that we caught them at a bad time.

Singapore Cup - Winners

50a3f8447b11f95df5f1f2635129a049.png

This started out as hard work and ended up with us winning it in cruise control.We topped our group with a perfect record as we came up against Albirex (S),Hougang Utd and Tanjong Pagar,I can't say we were impressive in our last two games against Hougang Utd and Tanjong Pagar as we struggled in areas in both matches.We would come up against Hougang Utd and actually lose in the semi-final first leg in what was an embarrassing performance,a angry team talk which was then followed by a revenge team talk and we won 6-0 in the second leg to give us a 6-1 aggregate victory.The final saw us come up against LC Sailord and again and we were always going to win in the end,we were 3-1 up when LC Sailors were reduced to ten after a sending off then we piled the misery on as we beat them 6-1 to lift the cup.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades 1 - 2 - Best XI

a91cf0bd96b1088a85fce03514d7a6aa.png

Meli Singh

Hebert Serrano

Arumugam Kumar

Mohd Lufti Hamzah

John Marín

Manager's Thoughts

What a season that was as we came out on with a double which was certainly a surprise to myself but we had massive help off LC Sailors underperforming as they really should of done better than what they actually did.We stuck with the 4-2-4 I was using at Hong Kong Rangers and it paid off here so it will be carried on getting used while I am in Singapore as it performed really well so I no see reason to change it.We also owe a large part of our success to the striker partnership of Singh and Kumar as they netted 53 goals between them in all competitions this season and hopefully they can carry on like that in the immediate future.The finances are okay at the minute as we have £119k in the bank but that isn't enough to improve anything with regards to facilities,coaching and recruiting but with qualifying for the Champions League we will be able to get more income from extra attendances as well as any income from competing in the competition so things could improve in the upcoming seasons.

For next season I would like to strengthen the team to give the Champions League a real go as well as increase our chances of retaining the league title.this will have to be done using players who have Singapore has their primary or secondary nationality.I've been given a £48k transfer budget and I have £9k p.w left on the wage budget so there is some room to change things around if I need to,the three main areas I need to look at are DR,DC and MC,if we can strengthen these positions then it will imrpove our chances a lot as these are the three weakest areas in the team.This would be the start of a long term aim but I maybe able to shorten this a lot as a manager at a certain underachieving club has an insecure rating and his contract is up at the end of the month,if they did sack their manager then I would go for it as I would be willing to take a step back to take two forward,this is mainly down to the facilities and quality of the team but we will have to wait and see what happens.

Career Stats

Link - (For Entire Career)

ce824fc5c93e25b43fa3d04ce201c46c.png

Champions League Draw

42092504c6bf14cd45e426a698cdd56f.png

This is a tough draw for us,I generally think we can beat Kitchee but I don't think we will stand a chance against Shandong Luneng with our current team.Unfortunately I don't think we'll do anything against Sydney,they have a much better side than us and they are the third biggest team in Australia so I don't think we'll do much in the group stages.

How do you find the overall quality in Singapore as compared to your first year in Hong Kong? The similarities of both being small, city-nations pretty much are intriguing. 

12 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Yes, that’s a tough draw. Getting through it might the latter stages slightly easier.

I seriously doubt we're getting through it this season but stranger things have happened :lol:

7 hours ago, abulezz said:

How do you find the overall quality in Singapore as compared to your first year in Hong Kong? The similarities of both being small, city-nations pretty much are intriguing. 

Honestly it was about a similar level to my first year in Hong Kong,I think we could receive a higher quality of youth intake as my board actually agreed to upgrading training and youth facilities as well as Junior Coaching.

Whereas I think the intake similar to my first season in Hong Kong,I think Singapore overall is actually slightly ahead of Hong Kong.We have LC Sailors whose facilities are ridiculously high in a country this small while Albirex (S) have the second best setup in the country and they produce Japanese/Singaporean regens who are usually slightly better than primarily Singaporean regens.Some of the players in Singapore wouldn't of been out of place in my Hong Kong Rangers side.

Tampines Rovers - Great Eastern Yeo's S League - Pre-Season - 2054

Season Preview - Expectations

Four players were released as I decided to let them go as they were not good enough and were on high wages which would be better used elsewhere.Two players actually left the club,our fourth choice goalkeeper left for £900 while Jusoh joined Balestier on a free which wasn't really too much of a loss for me.We bought in five players for a combined fee of £91k and all five of these players will feature in the first team in the upcoming seasons as they have helped strengthen it as I will be looking to qualify for continental football next season.

Pre-Season Fixtures

f6b1b95030db78dc3d1f73bb93a8e392.png

I decided against doing too much in pre-season as we have a busy start which includes us playing twice before the league even kicks off.Both teams are on the lower end of the reputation scale in Singapore as I just wanted to get match fitness up and keep morale high ahead of the Charity Shield match against LC Sailors.

The Team

84bafd2268fcd056bea9ce406c096216.png4abf334a6173f6109b92833dc9dbbe0b.png

Arumugam Kumar

Takayoshi Ôta

Yôsuke Matsumoto

Meli Singh

Deva Raj Rajesh

Manager's Thoughts

I don't actually know if I should be happy or not I am still here,LC Sailors actually sacked their manager and I went for it as it would be logical to manage them due to their setup but I was rejected in favour of someone who hasn't managed at any level since 2052!On the Tampines Rovers front,the chairman actually put some funds into the coffers and I have nearly spent all of it as he agreed to upgrade the Training and Youth Facilties as well as the Junior Coaching so if he keeps agreeing to upgrades then I won't have a problem in staying.Pre-Season wasn't as busy as I thought it would be but we did make a few signings which have helped strengthen our team so we are stronger than last season but I can't help but think the LC Sailors will have a resurgence this season as they have a new manager so I am hoping they get off to a slow start so we can take advantage of that.

My aims for this season is to get the top two at the worst,the reason why I want top two is mainly for monetary reasons as the top two teams get £140k and £84k respectively,if we just want continental football then it will be a case of finishing top three but that for me is too low of an aim.For the Champions League it's a case of being competitive,I am confident that we can beat Kitchee but getting anything against Sydney and Shandong Luneng will be considered a bonus,luckily we play Kitchee on matchday 2 so it shouldn't be too long before we get points on the board.I do have some aims for new players this season but that will have to wait till end of May before I can try and negotiate a contract with them.Time to see if we can avoid second season syndrome!

February 2054

Fixtures

13cb11eb684f461cd44b38353c1837cb.png

Table

a17099afac04e4c6d460455b7caaa30b.png

The first major talking point of the month is that we lifted the Charity Shield after we beat LC Sailors 2-0,it was a fully deserved victory as we controlled the match and they only threatened us on brief occasions,not the ideal debut for their new manager but I am laughing.We made a storming start to our league campaign as we thumped Geyland Int. 6-0,it was a very easy win and a fair result as we scored with 50% of our shots on target.Our first Champions League game saw us lose against Sydney,I can't complain with that results as we got dominated and it could of been a lot worse so that score line actually flatters us.

We play five times in March,three in the league and two in the Champions League.In the league we are facing Balestier,DPMM and Young Lions,it's too early to make any predictions at how we could do and how the opposition will play so my only aim is to be in the top three come the end of the month,I have two players on my short list from Young Lions so if they impress me then there may be an offer going in for them in May.In the Champions League we will be facing Kitchee and Shandong Luneng,I generally believe that we can beat Kitchee but I don't see us beating the Chinese side as they are far too powerful for us to deal with at this stage of my time here,if we were 3-4 seasons in the future then I'd be a bit more upbeat but it is too early for us to be thinking we can beat them.

March 2054

Fixtures

5c8587c758635820e67fbc59b8a958b9.png

Tables

f77e49991c3e90d94e3503cc0f2dc84c.png

872651c4f0cfb963ebf618ce94e01d76.png

Overall it wasn't too bad of a month in the league as we picked up seven points from nine which is a good return but we have dropped down to third behind LC Sailors and Albirex (S) but we do have games in hand on the two teams above us so we could end up closing the gap on LC Sailors while overtaking Albirex (S),the two wins were sensational performances but I was disappointed in the draw against Young Lions as they are bottom of the league and we are the first team to drop points against them after we were 2-0 up!The Champions League went as I expected as we beat Kitchee but lost to Shandong,I was disappointed about beating Kitchee 2-1 as we were dominant and we should of scored more than two while I can't say anything about the Shandong match as we were completely torn apart.

We play six times in April,four in the league and two in the Champions League.In the league we will be facing Albirex (S),Hougang Utd,LC Sailors and Geyland Int.,this month is massive for us as we will need positive results against Albirex (S) and LC Sailors to keep our title challenge and to try and take back top spot,I genereally believe we can do it but I have to contend with rotating the team due to the Champions League and we don't have the squad depth up to where I would like it,my aim for the league is to finish the month in the top two positions.In the Champions League we are facing Kitchee and Sydney FC,I am pretty confident we will make it a double against Kitchee but I am not too sure about how we will do against Sydney,we do have home advantage this time so we might even be able to snatch a draw against the Australian team.

April 2054

Fixtures

3d075eb9113304efdf4dcac9d77c13b5.png

Tables

34cd6b72b48869ad8a24720e83a09ec9.png

8430fb69b7513b3e9353303add2232d9.png

What a month that was in the league as we won every game and overtook both Albirex (S) and LC Sailors to reclaim the top spot in the league.We easily won our first two games of the month in the league against Albirex (S) and Hougang Utd while Matsumoto made himself a hero as he netted a very late winner against LC Sailors which sent us to the top of the table,we finished the month off with a 2-1 win in the league against Geylang Int. and that saw third choice striker Ong Huat net both goals in the win.The Champions League saw us beat Kitchee despite having to deal with a bias referee and lose to Sydney,these results mean that we have been knocked out of the Champions League but at least we can't finish rock bottom!

We play five times in May,four in the league and one in the Champions League.In the league we will be facing Tanjong Pagar,Young Lions,Balestier and DPMM,my aim is to keep our run going as we are currently at the top,if we do drop points then I am hoping we can be still in the top two in the league come the end of the month as that will be enough to keep us in a spot for the Confederation Cup but I do really want first place again this season.In the Champions League we are facing Shandong Luneng in our final group game,it's a dead rubber all around as we can't progress and we can't finish bottom so it's pretty meaningless but I do want to keep the score line respectable against Asia's best team!

Posted (edited)

giphy.gif

106d23dd51df7d0cf5588ccd0cc72737.png

Bournemouth won the Premier League...West Ham came 2nd!!!!

This is the first time in the save someone not called Man City,Man Utd,Chelsea or Liverpool have won the league!!!

Edited by B.W.G

May 2054

Fixtures

b9013b57091b2a8b22d6f5e284174180.png

Table

d27d232143841dd38a31dfbfee2ff9db.png

We really could not of asked for a better month in the league as we won every game in the league and did so by giving the opposition a thumping as all four victories were really easy for us.To make this all the sweeter for us LC Sailors dropped points against Tanjong Pagar and Young LIons which means we have a two point lead over them with a game in hand so that is a massive advantage for us.As you can see in the Champions League we ended our group stage campaign with a 3-0 loss to Shandong Luneng,we never looked like threatening them and it was clear as day that we were out of our depth against them.We have put two offers in for players for end of contract and both of them play for LC Sailors,one being their second choice keeper who is better than our first choice keeper and the other being their left back,both of these players will improve the team a lot so fingers crossed that they accept the offers.

June in really quiet as we are playing once and that is against Albirex (S) in the league,my aim is to win this match as that will keep us at the top of the table unless LC Sailors are playing more than once in June.I think that June is also this quiet due to the World Cup starting and I am pretty interested to see if we have a surprise winner like last time.

Looking good for back-to-back league titles.

Decent in Asia, but ultimately a step too far.

Nevermind Bournemouth, Liverpool were relegated!

11 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Looking good for back-to-back league titles.

Decent in Asia, but ultimately a step too far.

Nevermind Bournemouth, Liverpool were relegated!

We still have quite a bit of the season to go but I agree with your assessment of looking good for back to back titles.

With the Champions League,it will be tough for us but I think if I can take a similar approach like I did with Hong Kong Rangers then we should be able to make progress in the near future.

I probably would of been surprised at Liverpool being relegated if it hadn't happened before :D :lol:

6ea9b644c3c80a0b9b4688f1a8aa9801.png

Youth Intake Preview

01b4a8c1dd459eb1b80ac7eee3c46159.png

A "golden generation"...two fullbacks....two attacking midfielders...a centre back....a striker,I'm quite excited!

Roll on September!!!!

June 2054

Fixture

cb2348032ed9a57233a36e53d14384a6.png

Table

99a5ecb87bec096b6e59e3594f3f4829.png

There isn't really much to say about June as we only played one game and we easily beat Albirex (S) in the league as we controlled the entire match.The one thing that has changed is that we are now four points ahead in the league with a game in hand after LC Sailors drew with DPMM so we are now in a really good position for the league title.

July is a busier month for us as we play four times in the league,during the month we will be facing Hougang Utd,LC Sailors,Geylang Int. and Tanjong Pagar.The match against LC Sailors is actually quite interesting,if we win then we could go seven points ahead while still having a game in hand which should end their title hopes,if we lose then it will turn the pressure up on us slightly but we will still have the game in hand to relieve the pressure on us so that is still a favourable situation for us.We should easily beat the other three teams as there is quite a big gap between the top two and the rest of the league.

July 2054

Fixtures

487db8ff6c6065cdadf06b212319e883.png

Table

1e81aed748b6aef2066dd0a699b2990a.png

Another great month for the team as we won all four games during the month.The biggest result of the month was definitely the 2-0 win over LC Sailors as that meant we went ten points ahead of our nearest title challengers and with seven games to go we pretty much have one hand on the title.We were fortunate in two of the games,in the game against Hougang Utd we were 2-1 up when they were reduced to ten men and we ran out 5-1 winners but it was a tough match,the other match was against Geylang Int. where we had to play with ten men for the entire second half after we received a red card immediately after scoring our third goal!The match against Tanjong Pagar was a slaughter as we ran out 6-1 winners against the bottom side and it's nice to see the invincible season is still on.

Four more games in August and we will be playing Balestier,Young Lions,DPMM and LC Sailors.If we can carry on our current form then we could wrap the title up in August but if we are to do that then I would prefer to do it in the match against LC Sailors as they are our biggest rivals in Singapore.It's a pretty tricky month overall as we are facing 4th,5th and 6th during the month and Young Lions are still the only side to take points off us in the league so we do have to be careful.My aim for the month is to get the title wrapped up.

August 2054

Fixtures

7b5b6b52786fd77e0bed3563cacbe656.png

Table

76d75c3b7814e8aaf0a4092b943bdf27.png

Four games,four wins and a title wrapped and heading back with us!We easily destroyed both Balestier and DPMM although I did give the defence a kick up the ass after their performance against Balestier as both goals were from sloppy mistakes which was really annoying.The other two games were pretty tough,our first half performance against Young Lions won us the match as actually lost the second half to them and we were lucky we did concede more as they did have a goal ruled out and that would have made things uncomfortsable.The win against LC Sailors was a bit anti-climatic for us they have fallen off a cliff,lost every game during August and sacked their manager!I would honestly move to them as they have the best up set up by a mile and it would make Singapore a bit quicker for us although they have previously rejected me!

We play four times in September,three in the league and one in the Singapore Cup.In the league we finish off our campaign with games against Albirex (S),Tanjong Pagar and Hougang Utd,these results don't really mean anything but I would prefer to go through the season unbeaten.In the Singapore Cup we kick off our campaign off with a game against Tanjong Pagar,as it is the group stage then I want to win as I want to carry on dominating the domestic competitions.

Youth Intake 2054

490b0a778bfd6d1cbee33ec1a78a7e21.png

Ang Wei Boon

Hafiz Rahmat

Yazid Aziz

Ahmad Fauzi Othman

This was my first intake with better facilities and junior coaching and what a cracking intake it was as we have twelve players who will be getting signed from this intake,four of these will be very important players,four will be squad players and the other four being rotation and backup options.

Rahmat is definitely the star of the show as he is by far the best player in this intake but the only problem is that he is a natural AMC and that is a position I don't use but he can play up front so I will be training him so he is a natural in that role,hopefully he can make a partnership with A.F.O from this intake as that could be very useful in the long term for us.We are actually pretty stacked in the DC area so Wei Boon and Aziz have a bit of time to develop but Aziz is the more likely of the two to break into the first team sooner as he is regarded as our 4th best DC in the team so he will be in the first team next season.

The future is very exciting!

September 2054

Fixtures

cd6447d9e089ad4ac288de3605fcead5.png

Table

a50022eff0b0f7626863eef77b81d675.png

What a way to finish the league campaign as we won all three matches which meant we went through the season unbeaten while LC Sailors had a stinker,failed to win,ended finishing in third place and then sacked their manager,they could of had me last year but they rejected me!We had no issues in beating Tanjong Pagar and Hougang Utd while the Albirex (S) match was fantastic viewing for the neutrals as we edged the game 4-3,Singh's goal in the sixth minute was actually a equalizer!No issues in the Singapore Cup as we beat Tanhong Pagar 7-2 to record a victory in our opening group stage match.

We only have two games in October at the minute as we will be facing Hougang Utd and Balestier in the other two matches of our group stage,we only need to pick up four points to guarantee that we qualify for the next round.I am pretty certain if we do progress in the competition then the semi-final will be in October with the final being in November so the next update could be a October/Novermber double.

7 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

A very timely youth intake!

Unbeaten, with a good way to finish the season.

Only cups to go now :lock:

It looks very positive so far but I am quite shocked at how much of a difference in the intake their was from last season,Rahmat and Aziz are at a current level where I would of classified them as squad players if I was still at Hong Kong Rangers,I am very curious to see how much better they can become!

We won the cup although I can say we weren't very impressive in doing so :lol: 

October 2054

Fixtures

6f0704b0b8261b092bfbc93065780a92.png

Considering how we have played before Ocotber,I think we were below par for the entire month.We were less than convincing against both Hougang Utd and Balestier but we did win both games to top the group stage with a 100% record.The semi-finals was always going to be the most difficult of the ties but we got past LC Sailors with a 2-0 aggregate victory,we have our right winger/third choice striker Anuar to thank as his brace in the first leg was decisive as we got past our rivals.We were very poor in the match against Tanjong Pagar in the final,we were even thirteen minutes away from losing it but Singh's double saw us come from behind to win the match and lift the trophy,thank the lord for our Fijian attacker!

End of season update to follow then onto 2055 we go!

Getting through to win the cup was all that matters in the end. Good job!

It’s so unusual to see anyone play with a Fijian, let alone one who is good enough to play at the level he is playing is a pretty rare player.

Tim Cahill had the luck of being able to have FIFA change the law about young players playing for one nation at youth level but be able to choose your representative country for your main team. He ended up with Australia when they were competitive, making World Cups and winning Asian Cups as well. The alternative was Western Samoa I think, a country like Fiji.

I shake my head at LC Sailor’s decision making :idiot:

2 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

Getting through to win the cup was all that matters in the end. Good job!

It’s so unusual to see anyone play with a Fijian, let alone one who is good enough to play at the level he is playing is a pretty rare player.

Tim Cahill had the luck of being able to have FIFA change the law about young players playing for one nation at youth level but be able to choose your representative country for your main team. He ended up with Australia when they were competitive, making World Cups and winning Asian Cups as well. The alternative was Western Samoa I think, a country like Fiji.

I shake my head at LC Sailor’s decision making :idiot:

No surprise to say that he originally comes from BA,he is regarded as Fiji's 2nd best player behind a goalkeeper who plays for Fijian side Rewa.

Your 100% right about it being Western Samoa for Tim Cahill as he made 2 appearances for Western Samoa u20's (Thanks Wiki!).

I don't care about that decision now,LC Sailors's are going to get the Kitchee treatment from me,I've beaten them and now I am not going to stop beating them :lol: 

13 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

I don't care about that decision now,LC Sailors's are going to get the Kitchee treatment from me,I've beaten them and now I am not going to stop beating them :lol: 

I guess they didn’t pay attention to your managing through Asia did they :lol:

Only got themselves to blame :D

Tampines Rovers - Great Eastern Yeo's S League - End of Season - 2054

Season Review

All three screenshots are from the ear 2054 but a lot of action took place in 2053.Only four players were released in total if you take 2053 into account as all four players wanted too much money considering their playing level wasn't that great.One player left on a free transfer and I had no interest in renewing his contract while we sold Teng Yen as he was in his last year of his contract which wasn't going to be renewed anyway so it was better to get some money for him.Three others left on loan for developmental reasons although it is starting to look like we have some affiliation for Young Lions considering how much business we have done with them.We bought in five players who would all add something to my first XI as they were all players who would start more than come off the bench and that would increase the overall strength of the first team.

Competitions

S League - Winners

9e891dd226fb4963a1e806ab6a9030ef.png

It was never in doubt as we controlled the league from start to finish as we won the league by twenty points which was surprisingly ahead of Albirex (S) instead of LC Sailors.Great to see the team have an unbeaten season where the only points we dropped was against Young Lions in a 2-2 draw.

Champions League - Group Stage

1eedcc0d2778047f778af10f239b22cb.png

We were always going to be up against it as we had a really tough draw and it went pretty much as expected,we finished third in a group containing Sydney,Shandong Luneng and Kitchee,both wins of ours came against Kitchee so it wasn't too bad of a performance considering the quality we were up against.

Singapore Cup - Winners

6c1b0c9c7bc8cfbc8a0c5d28ab9ea16a.png

Other than the first group stage match against Tanjong Pagar,we were pretty much below par for the entire tournament with exception to the semi-final first leg against LC Sailors!We topped the group containing Tanjong Pagar,Hougang Utd and Balestier with a 100% record.The first leg against LC Sailors was actually the best performance in the competition as we recorded a solid 2-0 win,luckily we won this game as both teams failed to show up in the second leg.The final against Tajong Pagar nearly saw us lose the match as we didn't equalize till the 78th minute but after that we were the better team even if it did take extra time to finally get past the side who I beat 7-2 in the group stage!

Charity Shield - Winners

c7bad7edc5dce28f6a86c21d7bfc4b01.png

It was a comfortable win over LC Sailors as we kicked off the season with a 2-0 win to lift the Charity Shield.LC Sailors never really threatened us but their performance here would literally sum up their season to come!

Players,Stas and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades 1 - 2 - Best XI

e5b572114140d727f09889ea7cf6ee02.png

Meli Singh

Arumugam Kumar

Hebert Serrano

Takayoshi Ôta

Yôsuke Matsumoto

Manager's Thoughts

Another fantastic season from the team as we go from strength to strength and this season saw us clinch a clean sweep in Singapore as we won a domestic treble.LC Sailors were well off the pace this season as we completely dominated and they would go on and sack their manager,I was offered their manager role but I decided to give them a taste of their own medicine and reject their off after they rejected me last year.Our Champions League performance wasn't really surprising but it will give me something to work on in the future and that will start in pre-season as we are bringing in four players which will against help strengthen the first XI,in my honest opinion we are not that far away from being the same level as my Melaka side when I won the Champions League but I am going to put an estimate of 2057 before we can start challenging for the big one.

Next season will be about carrying on my domestic form as I believe we are in a position to start dominating the country like I did with H.K Rangers in Hong Kong,I've got transfers for four players arranged and I will be further weakening LC Sailors as I have two Singapore internationals coming from them and they will join us on the 4/1/55.This is the part where I have to try and further our progression in the Champions League,our youngsters will develop into good players in the future so that will be a massive help for us but we will have to give them the right training to help them develop but I will still need to look at getting the best possible players in,there is a defender I want on a free but his wage demands are ridiculous for this level so I am hoping he will reduce them as he Singapore's best player.Time to see what I can do in Pre-season and see if we can make some serious progression in the Champions League!

Career 

Link (For entire Career)

f14af0f8da4572f4c955f80b1d7e79e8.png

Just now, dsousa96 said:

Just caught up! Brilliant work tho!! Keep it up :D

What's the skin's name?

The skin is FLUT Skin Dark 11.0 which I got from here.

Champions League Draw

51f149d4e8c087e7a863acbf4ca70a22.png

Well this draw has bought me up against two old sides and a old rival.I actually believe this is a tougher draw then last seasons,Suwon may not be as good as Shandong Luneng but Western Sydney Wanderers are definitely better than Sydney and H.K Rangers aka Irn Bru Rangers are definitely tougher than Kitchee.On the plus side we are in a better position than we were last season as we are stronger but I still don't think it's enough to get through this group!