[FM20][SKIN] Mint Skins - BBC Sport, Blue, Green, Dark, Light & Purple Versions

michaeltmurrayuk

On 05/11/2020 at 12:18, JJ1989JJ said:

Lovely clean skin. Is there any chance you could make the BBC skin but in dark? I love the Yellow accent colour against Black.

I'll see what I can do as need to separate out a few things, it will also depend on how early the FM21 beta drops as that may end up consuming most of my time this week. (and no before anyone asks I don't know when it will drop)

Using your skin as base, I'm trying to create my own player panel, but I'm having problem.

8R8lu5i.png

I want to make that yellow part and put it in main screen.

IA4TQTm.png

Looking which panel is responsible for, I found out it is transfer offer player transfer status panel.xml , but even copying and pasting the piece of code from that panel, it doesn't show exactly and it is kinda broken.  

@PequenoGenio Should be controlled by player overview panel xml file found in the panels\player folder which you'll need to extract from the panels fmf file.

In that file look for the this line near the top of the file (Line #14)

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-9,-19" gap="15">

The first number should control the Big Selector Area (Green bit), and the second number will control the Small Selector Area (red bit) you should also be able to reduce the gap to free up some extra space if you need it.

Negative numbers tell the game to divide the area in a ratio - so the green area is using up 9/28 of the space with the bottom bit using the remaining 19/28 of the space. If you change the first value to an absolute number it will give the area a fixed height and you can then set the second number to -1 which will tell it to fill the rest of the space instead of having to find a perfect ratio.

Also the second value most likely controls the overall height of the small selector area so you might need to adjust the height or priority values of the individual rows further down the file to ensure everything still fits.

36 minutos atrás, michaeltmurrayuk disse:

@PequenoGenio Should be controlled by player overview panel xml file found in the panels\player folder which you'll need to extract from the panels fmf file.

In that file look for the this line near the top of the file (Line #14)

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-9,-19" gap="15">

The first number should control the Big Selector Area (Green bit), and the second number will control the Small Selector Area (red bit) you should also be able to reduce the gap to free up some extra space if you need it.

Negative numbers tell the game to divide the area in a ratio - so the green area is using up 9/28 of the space with the bottom bit using the remaining 19/28 of the space. If you change the first value to an absolute number it will give the area a fixed height and you can then set the second number to -1 which will tell it to fill the rest of the space instead of having to find a perfect ratio.

Also the second value most likely controls the overall height of the small selector area so you might need to adjust the height or priority values of the individual rows further down the file to ensure everything still fits.

I change that values but only changes the size of the panels of positions and atributes on the horizontal and i want vertical.

I just want get rid of that scrollbar

spacer.png

Edited by PequenoGenio

Whoops sorry wrong line it's this one at the top of the file you want to edit;

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="90, 360,-1" offset="0" gap="2">

First number is for the Top Bar with the Personal Details.

Second number is for the attributes row, last one is for the selector panels.

Adjusting the second value will increase the size of the middle panel (green).

Though if it's FM21 you are wanting to edit we cannot currently extract the FM21 files and using files from FM20 may not work fully.

5 minutos atrás, michaeltmurrayuk disse:

Whoops sorry wrong line it's this one at the top of the file you want to edit;

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="90, 360,-1" offset="0" gap="2">

First number is for the Top Bar with the Personal Details.

Second number is for the attributes row, last one is for the selector panels.

Adjusting the second value will increase the size of the middle panel (green).

Though if it's FM21 you are wanting to edit we cannot currently extract the FM21 files and using files from FM20 may not work fully.

For this the file from FM20 work at 100%

Just put the folder "panels" on the game folder and it worked

spacer.png

@michaeltmurrayuk will you be releasing a base skin when the full game for FM21 is released? If you are will you be incorporating the template system used in this skin into the base skins? I know that this may have changed in the new FM21 version and until you can extract the files you won't know, but the template system looks to be a lot easier way of managing the colours for when we can get to making our own skins.

Glad to see you are back too, you have helped me out no end over the years with my skinning questions so I'm glad you're back

3 minutes ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

@michaeltmurrayuk will you be releasing a base skin when the full game for FM21 is released? If you are will you be incorporating the template system used in this skin into the base skins? I know that this may have changed in the new FM21 version and until you can extract the files you won't know, but the template system looks to be a lot easier way of managing the colours for when we can get to making our own skins.

Glad to see you are back too, you have helped me out no end over the years with my skinning questions so I'm glad you're back

Yes plan is for Base Skins -> Match Day Mods -> FM21 versions of these skins -> Template Base Skins. (Then Touch Stuff) Depending on what code has changed for FM21 and as it doesn't look like we are getting Default Dark/Light skins this year Basic Base Skins will be released and then Template ones will follow depending on what needs changing.

Also don't be alarmed if download links on my site are broken over the next few days as Google nagged me to move over to their new Sites platform and when it moved my files to Google Drive it decided to break all the download links :mad: (Files are all safe I just need to manually go through and update the links and started with ones for the latest version so links in here should be back up).

10 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Yes plan is for Base Skins -> Match Day Mods -> FM21 versions of these skins -> Template Base Skins. (Then Touch Stuff) Depending on what code has changed for FM21 and as it doesn't look like we are getting Default Dark/Light skins this year Basic Base Skins will be released and then Template ones will follow depending on what needs changing.

Also don't be alarmed if download links on my site are broken over the next few days as Google nagged me to move over to their new Sites platform and when it moved my files to Google Drive it decided to break all the download links :mad: (Files are all safe I just need to manually go through and update the links and started with ones for the latest version so links in here should be back up).

That is a pain if they have done away with the default dark and light skins. I use both of these and never use the purple skin so that will be a shame. I'm sure we can recolour them to be dark and light again but this will depend on the colour coding and if anything has changed

• 3 weeks later...

I really can't get the panels to go in place. My Mint20Dark looks like a minty dark version of the default skin :seagull:

And for some reason Resource Archiver doesn't open up through Steam or Explorer either. Believe me, I've tried.
Attached is what I got. So it's not looking the way it's supposed to. I've simply downloaded the dark version, extracted the folder to skins folder and picked it up, but nope. It's not working.

Can you please help me?

image.png

image.png

@tonskudaigle That is exactly how the skin is supposed to look, not sure what you are wanting? If you want the profile changes they are on the Player Attributes panel not the Overview one, whilst for the Club Overview screen you can change what content is shown in the panels by selecting the drop-down arrows in the top right of the panel, though only the top three can be changed due to limitations of the game.

On 30/11/2020 at 12:19, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@tonskudaigle That is exactly how the skin is supposed to look, not sure what you are wanting? If you want the profile changes they are on the Player Attributes panel not the Overview one, whilst for the Club Overview screen you can change what content is shown in the panels by selecting the drop-down arrows in the top right of the panel, though only the top three can be changed due to limitations of the game.

I was just looking at the opening post and figured this is what I'd get as for the layout goes :)
I just really love the left side player profile. Though I think you could fit a third column there to span all the way down with bio, milestones and career stats. But that's just me.

Thanks for the skin though, I really like the material colors too so it's a shame I can't get it to work as I thought it would be like out of the box.

I did however get the Resource Archiver to work finally. Had to do some badass reinstalling though.

mintdark_player.jpg.d7909b8e0a9ab4b303109a72b3baabe6.jpg

15 hours ago, tonskudaigle said:

I was just looking at the opening post and figured this is what I'd get as for the layout goes :)
I just really love the left side player profile. Though I think you could fit a third column there to span all the way down with bio, milestones and career stats. But that's just me.

Thanks for the skin though, I really like the material colors too so it's a shame I can't get it to work as I thought it would be like out of the box.

I did however get the Resource Archiver to work finally. Had to do some badass reinstalling though.

mintdark_player.jpg.d7909b8e0a9ab4b303109a72b3baabe6.jpg

That's the Player Attributes Screen, your Screenshot was of the Profile Screen they are two different screens you can select from the Overview drop-down (and the Default option can be changed from the preferences menu).

Extra columns aren't really possible whilst supporting lower resolution users.

14 hours ago, daveh83 said:

can this work for fm21. any chance you can make one?

Updated versions are on the list for FM21 (after Match Screen Mods and Light Skin).

On 02/12/2020 at 14:53, michaeltmurrayuk said:

That's the Player Attributes Screen, your Screenshot was of the Profile Screen they are two different screens you can select from the Overview drop-down (and the Default option can be changed from the preferences menu).

Extra columns aren't really possible whilst supporting lower resolution users.

Updated versions are on the list for FM21 (after Match Screen Mods and Light Skin).

Oh I see, that explains it. I've never used the attributes view myself so I just didn't realize this. My apologies :)

On that note though, I attempted to increase the height of the details panel myself, but just can't get around it. See the hg status and due date being a bit cut off:

image.png.d62bef70cb785af44eaa071f1031c712.png

To increase the height of that panel you need to edit the player profile xml file which you can find in the panels\player folder which you'll need to extract from the panels fmf file and copy over to the skin.

In that file locate this line near the top;

<!-- Row 1 -Details and attributes -->
<container class="main_subtle_box" height="
360" navigation_container="true">

And increase the height value to make that panel larger (though it will also resize the attributes panel.

• 1 month later...

I am going to attempt to use the base skins and use a colour picker to try and replicate these themes in fm21, I'm a novice in terms of skinning but hopefully I can make a decent attempt at it, if I think it's decent enough that others might want to use it i'll post it here (of course with credits to michael)