Identical transfer offer 10 times in one day

Atletico Madrid just made exactly the same transfer offer for my player 10 times during one (in-game) day. 

22:58
21:59
21:45
19:00
16:46
14:46
12:47
10:46
9:47
8:47

Rejected them all. I guess it was deadline day over in Spain, but come on, get the message already...

Undoubtedly one of the most infuriating aspects of the game that has been present for far too long.  Matched only by an offer of say 20 million rejected today and the same team comes back the next day with an offer of 12 million- did you not read my last message then?

I've found this happens if you have set an asking price for him and reject that value (or close to it).

I found that out when I had accidentally set an asking price for a player I didn't want to sell (and at least for the low amount I had set by error). So, removing the asking price should help avoid this.

2 hours ago, rossenori said:

it staves off interest if you set it at a ridiculous amount. i have a 25 mill player with a 40 mill asking price, not transfer listed, but the AI keeps coming back with non negotiable 27 mill offers (including clauses). 

Set it to 230m

46 minutes ago, rossenori said:

can't, im getting multiple non-negotiable 27 mill offers for a 25 mill value player that i want to sell even though he has a 40 mill asking price. while my star player (45 mill value) who i don't wanna sell is set to 100 mill so i haven't received any offers for him. 

i don't have the same issue as OP. after a few rejects they'll stop, but to avoid those offers in the first place i set my the asking price at an unreasonable amount. 

You'll have to log it in the bugs forum then. 

Or reject the offer and state the reason being it doesn't match the value.

20 hours ago, XaW said:

I've found this happens if you have set an asking price for him and reject that value (or close to it).

I found that out when I had accidentally set an asking price for a player I didn't want to sell (and at least for the low amount I had set by error). So, removing the asking price should help avoid this.

You were right about this, I realized I had indeed set an asking price for the player that was only a little higher than Atletico's recurring bid. Still, AI clubs do make recurring identical bids even when no asking price has been set, but perhaps not with such crazy frequency as in the example I gave here.