My IW and Wingers plus FB always shoot!

Is there a way I can direct my players to pass/cross rather than shoot. I am sick of my full backs and inverted wingers shooting when the ST is free in the six yard box.

I have the IW and winger on shoot less, but it doesn't seem to stop the issue.

6 hours ago, ollieshrews said:

Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 16.40.20.png

At least half of your instructions are a clear surplus. The setup of roles and duties does not help either. 

How about this simplification:

F9

IFat                                       IWsu

DLPsu     MEZat

HB

WBsu   CDde   BPDde    WBsu

SKsu

Balanced or Positive

- play out of defence, shorter passing and overlap left (and nothing else for starters)

- no instructions (optionally counter-press on occasion)

- higher D-line and higher LOE (or higher D-line and standard LOE + split block)

19 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

At least half of your instructions are a clear surplus. The setup of roles and duties does not help either. 

How about this simplification:

F9

IFat                                       IWsu

DLPsu     MEZat

HB

WBsu   CDde   BPDde    WBsu

SKsu

Balanced or Positive

- play out of defence, shorter passing and overlap left (and nothing else for starters)

- higher D-line and higher LOE (or higher D-line and standard LOE + split block)

Hey

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

When you say "clear surplus", you mean I should strip the tactics back to a more simple setup?

Do I need to do anything to encourage finding a man in the final third rather than shooting?

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 18.08.15.png

2 minutes ago, ollieshrews said:

When you say "clear surplus", you mean I should strip the tactics back to a more simple setup?

Yes. But it's not just about stripping the tactic. It's also about how you'll do that. 

3 minutes ago, ollieshrews said:

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 18.08.15.png

You still use way too many needless instructions. 

4 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Yes. But it's not just about stripping the tactic. It's also about how you'll do that. 

You still use way too many needless instructions. 

So just this:

Nothing else?

2 hours ago, ollieshrews said:

So just this:

Nothing else?

Yes. You can easily make small gradual tweaks later, but only if/when necessary. The simpler your basic (starting) tactic is, the better.

@ollieshrews - what does the movement look like in game?

Super narrow + play through the middle + double underlaps feels like you're jamming on your players into a clown car :-)

How do your midfied 3 play together? I'm not familiar with Pogba and Bruno's personal traits, but I know Tonali's and they are largely of the give me the ball and let me get on with it variety. So wondered if it's a too many cooks thing?

This has been the same for me.

My wingers never ever cross they run into a crazy angle and shot. Even when they gave instructions to shoot less. 

Ive seen my striker clear in the middle and they still blast it 

Edited by Experienced Defender
needless mention of the ME

44 minutes ago, the raven said:

This has been the same for me.

My wingers never ever cross they run into a crazy angle and shot. Even when they gave instructions to shoot less. 

Ive seen my striker clear in the middle and they still blast it 

Start a new thread and post a screenshot of your tactic there if you want to learn why your players behave the way they do. No instruction alone will work if the rest of your tactic is not designed properly.