2 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

Yeah, I’ve had this on every save. Currently receiving 2 emails a season telling me my owners rubbish talks of a takeover.

Same mate least I know am not the only one lol wouldn’t be as bad if it actually happened I always look to see if that sort of thing damages squad morale 

1 hour ago, rafaelbenitez said:

It's just something peculiar to this year's version. Each save I've had seems to have this message appearing multiple times over the course of a season. I've only had one proper takeover (non-elections) this version.

I thought so anytime I have ever had an actual takeover it’s been a different board member or rarely a consortium 

Yes it can happen. But the "takeover" rumors vs number of times in which it really happens could be toned down a bit. 

And, as mentioned on these boards ad nauseam, when a takeover actually happens you will wish it hadn't; the new board will buy players you usually don't want or need and there's nothing you can do about it short of forcing them back to the selling team with the Editor. 

19 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

This one actually looks like it might happen!

Can't imagine Purslow coming back to the club though :lol:

Didn’t happen couldn’t detail funds🤣another one bits the bust lol just as well the embargo wasn’t over the transfer window or it would have been an even more disappointing was of time 

16 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Yes it can happen. But the "takeover" rumors vs number of times in which it really happens could be toned down a bit. 

And, as mentioned on these boards ad nauseam, when a takeover actually happens you will wish it hadn't; the new board will buy players you usually don't want or need and there's nothing you can do about it short of forcing them back to the selling team with the Editor. 

I have seen this happening on one of my other saves spending money on players that don’t fit the team

• 3 months later...

I have a similar problem but slightly different - I'm in season 14 and the chairman has been wanting to sell the club since about 2022. I must get rumours of a takeover about 10/12 times a season, plus three or four failed bids, but no takeover.

This is my only FM20 save game so far - is this usual, or is it a bug?

2 hours ago, Nath7777777 said:

I have a similar problem but slightly different - I'm in season 14 and the chairman has been wanting to sell the club since about 2022. I must get rumours of a takeover about 10/12 times a season, plus three or four failed bids, but no takeover.

This is my only FM20 save game so far - is this usual, or is it a bug?

Yes, sometimes it's just talk.

I've been through a few takeovers in my FM20 saves, so they do happen. Most of the times it's just a new chairman, but sometimes he will sign one or two stars for your team (in which you have no input, your just get two new players and have to deal with that) or he will back your club in building a new stadium.