Being a selling club in FM20

I manage in the Eresdivisie, and I've spent 3,5 seasons building up the facilities and the scouting network. My squad is now young, with many 5-star potential players knocking on the door.

Recent investment in infrastructure has left me in the red, though. And I want a positive balance.

However, not many clubs seem to be interested in my players. My 21year old striker (Postema) bangs 20+ league goals every season, but interest seem to have disappeared. Last season, Liverpool was interested and Milan made a decent bid of 25 million (which he turned down). I've put the asking price at both 20 million and 30 million euros, but not offers so far. I don't want to transfer list him.

My league results have been up and down because of the rebuild. I'm currently in EL2. Perhaps better results will attract more interest?

1 hour ago, eplekrar said:

I manage in the Eresdivisie, and I've spent 3,5 seasons building up the facilities and the scouting network. My squad is now young, with many 5-star potential players knocking on the door.

Recent investment in infrastructure has left me in the red, though. And I want a positive balance.

However, not many clubs seem to be interested in my players. My 21year old striker (Postema) bangs 20+ league goals every season, but interest seem to have disappeared. Last season, Liverpool was interested and Milan made a decent bid of 25 million (which he turned down). I've put the asking price at both 20 million and 30 million euros, but not offers so far. I don't want to transfer list him.

My league results have been up and down because of the rebuild. I'm currently in EL2. Perhaps better results will attract more interest?

May i know what is the interest of your players? A transfer works both ways. If your player has very little interest of leaving your club, it will reduce the chances of someone putting an offer for him which I personally thinks is the case here.

I find that when receiving an offer and persuading the player with the "new challenge" dialogue it works like a charm to get some cash if you need to offload/cut the wage bill and rebuild. 

I honestly make more money dropping the sale value of the initial transfer and getting the 50% next sale clause on young guns. Doesnt work every time but being a selling club is great fun squad building and not getting sentimental at the slightest.

Edited by The Gold Guard

1 hour ago, zyfon5 said:

May i know what is the interest of your players? A transfer works both ways. If your player has very little interest of leaving your club, it will reduce the chances of someone putting an offer for him which I personally thinks is the case here.

Most of my players are happy to stay. Which is fine, since I get to keep a 20+ goalscorer. But some of the talents are knocking on the door now and are becoming way too good to send out on loan

1 hour ago, zyfon5 said:

If your player has very little interest of leaving your club, it will reduce the chances of someone putting an offer for him which I personally thinks is the case here.

Too bad you'll never know, since you can't just ask the player and the game doesn't tell you.

Oversight or the game being intentionally vague? My money is on the latter. 

4 minutes ago, Baodan said:

Too bad you'll never know, since you can't just ask the player and the game doesn't tell you.

Oversight or the game being intentionally vague? My money is on the latter. 

in FM20, whenever an offer comes in your inbox you can see a dialogue box where the player states how much interest he has of joining the club then you will get an option to persuade him to join the club or stay. When you transfer list a player from a player screen, his agent will also state his desire to stay or leave saying something along the lines of my client is interested to speaking to other clubs or vice versa. Too bad I can't open the game now. Will try to find a screenshot to show it when I receive the message.

9 minutes ago, eplekrar said:

Most of my players are happy to stay. Which is fine, since I get to keep a 20+ goalscorer. But some of the talents are knocking on the door now and are becoming way too good to send out on loan

Very often the only way is to transfer list them but you will have to be super careful so that it doesnt backfire and angered the whole squad which I always find funny and a bit unrealistic. If they are good players on a reasonable wage and you are not asking too much, transfer listing them will bring in a few offers most of the time.

Just now, zyfon5 said:

Very often the only way is to transfer list them but you will have to be super careful so that it doesnt backfire and angered the whole squad which I always find funny and a bit unrealistic. If they are good players on a reasonable wage and you are not asking too much, transfer listing them will bring in a few offers most of the time.

I offered him out without transfer listing. A Chinese club came in with a 35 million offer, but he turned it down 

Just now, eplekrar said:

I offered him out without transfer listing. A Chinese club came in with a 35 million offer, but he turned it down 

Then I suppose your club is too good and he is very happy to stay at your club. Curious question is he on very high wages? I understand that you are concerned about your financial situation now but sometimes it is better to ride on some debts to achieve greater success. Once you have achieved that level of success they will bring in enough money that you do not have to worry about finances anymore. I also find it interesting that someone is looking to actively trying to sell their players when there are so many memes around the FM community about PSG stealing their best players.

28 minutes ago, eplekrar said:

But some of the talents are knocking on the door now and are becoming way too good to send out on loan

In that case I would trasfer list him. It's OK to wait for better offers when you can but if it's urgent to sell just do it. You will still get decent offers if he is any good.

7 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

Then I suppose your club is too good and he is very happy to stay at your club. Curious question is he on very high wages? I understand that you are concerned about your financial situation now but sometimes it is better to ride on some debts to achieve greater success. Once you have achieved that level of success they will bring in enough money that you do not have to worry about finances anymore. I also find it interesting that someone is looking to actively trying to sell their players when there are so many memes around the FM community about PSG stealing their best players.

He's got around 500k a year.

I guess I have to ride out the red balance for a while then

With that wages, they won't want to leave and no club should pursue them since it's difficult even for Premier League clubs to offer those wages...

1 hour ago, Hagi said:

With that wages, they won't want to leave and no club should pursue them since it's difficult even for Premier League clubs to offer those wages...

What? It's 239K per year, not week.

21 hours ago, eplekrar said:

A way around this would be to accept and then reduce his squad status perhaps

On 03/06/2020 at 20:16, zyfon5 said:

I also find it interesting that someone is looking to actively trying to sell their players when there are so many memes around the FM community about PSG stealing their best players.

Well, I hope PSG on my save is as aggressive as they are on others. Been playing with MU and the only transfer offer I got from PSG is Pogba at the end of first season, am now at 2023-24.