[FM20] When the 'Well runs over...

metallimuse

Season 2031/32 Review

image.thumb.png.0869b5e95da48860b791549675b66e1f.png

image.thumb.png.8496b8b9c6cbcee4e37ff4b4e0d76f66.png

image.thumb.png.32fce8d7d8d805fd6fba0bd192364331.png

Another fantastic year for the club capped off by the Scottish Cup win on the final day to give us another double.

The squad really came into it's own towards the end of the season with lots of green average ratings.

The new boys have been fantastic acquisitions and slotted in really well and Pablo was again top scorer for the club.

Europe didn't go to plan which was a shame considering our performance last season but we go again next year.

My thoughts heading into the summer and the opening of the transfer market is that Diego will probably be leaving us as Leeds and Wolves have been sniffing around and we can probably get some good money for him and turn a profit. The signing of Allan Campbell back is adequate cover in the short term if I don't sign anyone.

My thoughts for incoming transfers is that I'm going to try and splash some cash and sign the best Scottish talent that I can and have a final few years at pushing for European success and then that might be it for the save.

We shall see... 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image.thumb.png.a87502d6fe39fd3e8ca22e6061e1e215.png

Ooft...that's a big expansion and the revenue once finished should easily see us turn a profit year on year...handsomely.

We could be in a position to really be spending and bringing in players of real quality to compliment any youngsters coming through, this save might have some legs still. 

Season 2032/33 Preview:

image.thumb.png.2f747fbec90ccbd015df404907b23f17.png

Celtic haven't won the title in 9 years yet the bookies still tip them to win...again :herman:.

Two of my lads in the star team though.

Yet again we are predicted for third.

The board don't want much considering what I achieve most seasons.

image.thumb.png.09758e70eecc43d1e9f3a11c0362baca.png

My goals this season, as always, are the league and Europe.

There has been much activity in the transfer market this summer...

image.thumb.png.72f908e96f56be43bfc667f480ce35b4.png

Diego went for a record fee received and Dingwall, while serving us with class and distinction, was sold as he wouldn't have got the game time he deserves.

Transfers Summer 2032:

image.thumb.png.4ebef1bd3dbc5cd79bbb7fb404dd774b.png

Zoran was signed as Murray Lyon will not sign a new contract with the terms I am offering so he will likely be sold at the end of this season. Zoran is already an international and a player of real quality who my scouts tell me is a consistent performer.

image.thumb.png.507f66c7abdd07a666820592d64e0d50.png

Although Conor Leitch is a great keeper and performed well last season I decided to go out and get someone better. Already doubled his value since signing and when he eventually leaves after a couple of years of service he should make me a big return.

image.thumb.png.6f3c848de9f237e00a9e6dc94db2291b.png

Gaston is a player who the scouts tell me relishes big matches and is consistent so he will be a great number one and a step up in quality from Pablo. Pablo has been great but he is still young and his playing time agreement is still only fringe player so I will be able to keep the two players happy.

image.thumb.png.f6183ccc0a76261fb1638211372d041c.png

My marquee signing, a wonderkid who would only sign with a £20.5m release clause so he may not be here long. He is a Rolls Royce parking in my defence and should add real quality.

A great summers recruitment...sadly none are Scottish like I wanted but that's the trade off I made.

1st Team Squad Stats

Motherwell Squad.png

Something that I've picked up from @_Ben_'s incredible thread is how to export and drill down into my squads stats.

Here is how the first team look with what I consider to be the important elements I want from my players. I'm considering 1-5 to be poor, 6-10 average, 11-15 good and 16-20 top class, which I'm sure is how we all judge players.

Something that is immediately apparent is just how bang average the finishing is amongst my players which is certainly a worry.

Overall though I would say that the squad is very strong but with very little few top class stats.

My plan moving forward is to compare the players in future posts at the end of each season to see how they've improved or not and work towards really micro-managing the squad to improve it.

Edited by metallimuse

Reserve Squad Stats:

Reserves Squad.png

My reserves are distinctly average with not many who look like they will make the step up as most are 19-22 so moving forward I'm realising I need to start paying a lot more attention to the side with future generations coming through.

Edited by metallimuse

Under 18's Squad Stats:

Under 18s.PNG

The work rate amongst the kids is very pleasing but again, I'm going to have to really start changing up the way I run the other teams at my club as normally I just pull the best prospects straight up into the first team but I feel I'm probably missing out on cultivating strong junior teams.

Edited by metallimuse

17 minutes ago, Carambau said:

The squad stats sheets look damn useful! Might Steal this idea... ;)

If you do be sure to thank @_Ben_ and if you haven’t read his thread then do so.

Very stat heavy and been an incredible insight to me on how to improve my game.

I hadn't realised we were playing our home games away from the John Hunter Arena until this popped up...

image.thumb.png.0c76e601df12985a0fd1e5a7c143325d.png

Turns out while the JHA gets an expansion we are playing at the Glasgow Community Stadium. No idea where or what that is, it's not any existing clubs stadium in game and I've never heard of it before.

The thing that strikes me though is our new bigger stadium will only hold 36,135 yet we've just packed out a 42,900 stadium :lol:. Could be a few years of expansions coming my way.

August 2032/33

image.thumb.png.e75aa686c70d39ad4c6bbd92278894a2.png

And so the new season has begun.

An opening day visit of the Dons as Aberdeen came to town and sent home with their tails between their legs. It was a game we dominated and could have been far more flattering score line wise but three points is three points.

Next up was the first away day as we went to Dundee and another easy game as our midfield ran the showing spraying passes all over the shop and sending the wingers on many a trip down the flanks to whip it in. New boy Veliz couldn't get himself on the score sheet though as a double from young Kyle McLaughlin and the big yin Kudela with a header from a corner got us the points.

A very tricky cup game against the Buddies followed despite my midfield again bossing it and we had to rely on penalties to get us through to the next round, a tie with Killie in the Quarters of the Betfred Cup.

The Jambos came to town next and Veliz broke his duck with a superb brace and another three points were claimed.

A trip to Inverness finished off the month and yet another brace got us the three points as Jon Burchill got in on the act. A man who came to me wanting a new contract but I wouldn't meet his wage demands. He's done himself no harm here if he comes back to me let me tell you.

So a clean sweep this month and we find ourselves top of the league early doors.

image.thumb.png.a7975912b86543aa1e62eeb6d4f386c3.png

image.thumb.png.dbda39e68d04c069fbffec981e67679b.png

Some individuals doing well in the stats for the league early doors also.

Transfer Update 2032/33

There has been further activity late in the month...

image.thumb.png.53348835581c5d95e06590d3023f78f1.png

Ivo, my Italian right back has been allowed to leave for a fee of £12.5m a year after we signed him for £4m, the lure of returning home just too strong.

We have brought in a few kids for the future...

image.thumb.png.b0f14355be60a986174cfc681874c543.png

Despite being a left back I'm going to convert Maguire onto the right to be back up to de la Mare. He's young and I paid top money for him for a Scottish kid but I have a lot of confidence in him.

image.thumb.png.c8f5fbeb0a32e6f7a117d6f87106a555.png

Another raid on Hearts saw us snap up Masson with an eye to being my number one striker in a few years time once Veliz is sold for top dollar. He's got great stats and is a consistent performer according to my scouts. Again I paid decent money for such a young Scottish lad but I'm confident.

image.thumb.png.b20b6140721005d926c0e2581a60ab8e.png 

Another young lad this time from Ayr, only cost £100k so is a steal.

Forgot to say the Champions League groups have been drawn.

image.thumb.png.8627e159769b754525dbe77eef3f61d1.png

A winnable group I feel. Ajax and Porto obviously clubs of great pedigree but if we are to be challenging in Europe then these are the teams we should now look to be beating.

23 hours ago, metallimuse said:

1st Team Squad Stats

Motherwell Squad.png

Something that I've picked up from @_Ben_'s incredible thread is how to export and drill down into my squads stats.

Here is how the first team look with what I consider to be the important elements I want from my players. I'm considering 1-5 to be poor, 6-10 average, 11-15 good and 16-20 top class, which I'm sure is how we all judge players.

Something that is immediately apparent is just how bang average the finishing is amongst my players which is certainly a worry.

Overall though I would say that the squad is very strong but with very little few top class stats.

My plan moving forward is to compare the players in future posts at the end of each season to see how they've improved or not and work towards really micro-managing the squad to improve it.

This is great! Have you considered looking at weighting any attributes to make a rudimentary rating system or highlighting some key attributes for the different roles you use? 

As you say though - finishing is a worry but your decisions and anticipation are strong throughout - so they'll be getting into the right areas anyway!

September 2032/33

image.thumb.png.7af9af7fa3a468c69443cc5be7c64931.png

A horrendous start to the month as we took a hiding at home to the Buddies. We were second best to every ball were sluggish in our play. It wasn't our full strength team as we rested a few boys for the European game next but we should still of had enough about us. Disappointing.

We started our Champions League campaign with a great win at home to Porto to set us up well going forward.

Next up was a double header against Killie on the astro turf and in the first game we ground out a tough three points with Zoran out on the right wing getting his first goal for the club. In the return game in the Betfred Cup Quarters Zoran got himself on the scoresheet again as we came back from two one down in the last fifteen minutes to win three two to set up a Semi Final against the Hibees.

The Lanarkshire derby was next and we again rested a lot of the automatic starters with Europe in mind and again failed to play well. Moving forward I think my rotation may have to be smarter and less wholesale, maybe just a few of the boys rather then the majority.

First away day in the Champions League and with a full strength team we got the three points to really put ourselves in a strong position to qualify, Veliz and Krychowiak getting goals to pull us back after going one down early doors.

Still top of the league at the end of the month despite my losses.

image.thumb.png.158cfa76499277abd729644e5b7ba21e.png

A lot of the boys have dropped out of the top five stats now second month in :(

image.thumb.png.1d4a3db7bb3e3e9c2c0ba7f7a70050dd.png

October 2032/33

image.thumb.png.1de5174192481fd09dfccdaf915cc2cf.png

A tough month with regards to opponents this month.

Started with a trip to Edinburgh and a game against the Hibees. We went one up in the first minute thanks to a goal from Kyle McLaughlin and then played out a very even and close game with neither side really exciting.

The Arabs came to town next and we were lucky to walk away with a point as we needed an 89th minute own goal to get that point.

Ajax at home next in the Champions League and we were comfortable winners, McLaughlin and Burchill getting first half goals to put us in the driving seat most of the match. Three games and three wins means I'm all but guaranteed to progress so I can afford to take my foot off the gas and concentrate more on the league over the next few months.

Games were coming thick and fast with the Old Firm up next two games.

Celtic at home first and we again took an early lead thanks to Grant Stevenson in the second minute and rode out the game quite comfortably until we were pegged back with fifteen minutes to go to share the points.

Rangers away next and I decided to go on the offensive and take it to them in an end to end game which we came out victorious. They by far had the better and more chances though despite us having a man extra for near on 45 minutes.

We finished off the month dead on our feet and with a Betfred Cup Semi Final. A game which we completely DOMINATED despite fatigue setting in yet despite having the majority of the chances we lost. They had a handful of chances but were more clinical and knocked us out. I told the press we would focus our attention elsewhere for the remainder of the season.

The league is very open at this early stage and we're joint top on points but sit second in the table behind our rivals Hamilton.

image.thumb.png.18a6fea9097d1a86ccdbe288a5e9b3f3.png

image.thumb.png.0ed9b79e914fc2bfa05b957ddb1c8a78.png

In other news, World Cup winner Paul Pogba has taken over as manager of Aberdeen so let's see what his manager chops are like as the season progresses.

19 hours ago, metallimuse said:

I hadn't realised we were playing our home games away from the John Hunter Arena until this popped up...

image.thumb.png.0c76e601df12985a0fd1e5a7c143325d.png

Turns out while the JHA gets an expansion we are playing at the Glasgow Community Stadium. No idea where or what that is, it's not any existing clubs stadium in game and I've never heard of it before.

The thing that strikes me though is our new bigger stadium will only hold 36,135 yet we've just packed out a 42,900 stadium :lol:. Could be a few years of expansions coming my way.

Is Scotland involved in hosting (or co-hosting) the European Championships? I have seen cases where the game seems to 'generate' new stadiums with no clubs sides or tenants using them, in order to meet the minimum requirement of hosts having, let's say, 10 stadiums of minimum 30,000 seater capacity. I spotted it when I saw Scotland and Wales co-hosting a future Euros tournament and there being a 35,000 all seater stadium in Bridgend - halfway between Swansea and Cardiff, with them probably having at least three stadiums of such capacity or more, and there being no club side in Bridgend using it. It was also named the Bridgend Community Stadium so when I see this kind of naming, it seems to give away the fact that the game is filling a gap to allow more countries to host such tournaments.

4 hours ago, Johnny-Trotter said:

Is Scotland involved in hosting (or co-hosting) the European Championships? I have seen cases where the game seems to 'generate' new stadiums with no clubs sides or tenants using them, in order to meet the minimum requirement of hosts having, let's say, 10 stadiums of minimum 30,000 seater capacity. I spotted it when I saw Scotland and Wales co-hosting a future Euros tournament and there being a 35,000 all seater stadium in Bridgend - halfway between Swansea and Cardiff, with them probably having at least three stadiums of such capacity or more, and there being no club side in Bridgend using it. It was also named the Bridgend Community Stadium so when I see this kind of naming, it seems to give away the fact that the game is filling a gap to allow more countries to host such tournaments.

Ahh thanks for the info.

Upon a little digging I’ve discovered the same thing happened in my save and Scotland and Wales joint hosted Euro 28.

November 2032/33

image.thumb.png.a5d8243ab854e5368fb4c0088cfb9ec4.png

A solid month as we enter into the hectic festive period.

Ajax at the Johan Cruyff Arena started it all and we took a positive approach to test where we are as a team. Turns out it was an easy game which even the papers reported and we ran out comfortable two nil winners to officially qualify for the knockout rounds of the Champions League for the first time ever in our history.

A trip up to face Paul Pogba's Dons was next and they were a tough, organized team to break down. We got the breakthrough in the 25th minute but they managed to grab an equalizer with fifteen minutes to go to spoil our day.

Dundee were next who were another tough nut to crack but wee Pablo came into the team and got a goal to remind me that he can be relied upon as we got the three points.

A game against Porto who are also assured of qualifying for the knockout rounds of the Champions League and an exciting game ensued as we fought it out to see who would top the group. In the end we had to settle for a share of the spoils in a very even game, Jon Burchill getting the goal for us.

To round out the month we went to 11th placed Hearts and routed them five nil playing some absolutely beautiful football in the process. The passing was crisp, our play expansive and they were lucky our finishing was slightly below par as we really did blow them away racking up chance after chance.

Us and Celtic sit at the top of the table and will be looking to pull away during this busy festive period. We also have to play each other this month so these next 31 days could really shape the season.

image.thumb.png.1656ecfb8e729c86855a274493102a4c.png

image.thumb.png.7f0c2f1e4e0f5b1cbf110e33a14a7ff9.png

Edited by metallimuse

21 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

This is great! Have you considered looking at weighting any attributes to make a rudimentary rating system or highlighting some key attributes for the different roles you use? 

I wouldn’t have the first clue about going about the rating system currently and looking at your latest stats with the formulas that would be beyond me, I had to get my missus just to tell me how to snip it all :ackter:

December 2032/33

image.thumb.png.f2f0ca0a96cf3784299bd725c356fd58.png

An absolutely superb month for us we found championship winning form and tore through everyone put before us playing some very sexy football along the way.

The big reason for this has been the emergence of Veliz as our main man scoring in all but two games this month, one of which he wasn't picked so he can have that one.

Our wingers have been bang on it as well this month with Krychowiak getting a hat-trick against Salzburg being a highlight.

A draw with Celtic was the only game we failed to win so I'm not going to worry about that. They then slipped up in their next game against  Hearts losing one nil at Tynecastle which has left me top of the league at the turn of the year by two points.

image.thumb.png.a6563f27570927a93aa65c85a68b65bd.png

image.thumb.png.0d4a49aa40c3ae4fdf9ad1aefa60860a.png

As you can see, Veliz is now only one goal off the golden boot for the league.

The reason for Celtic's upturn in form this season has been their mean defence with only nine goals conceded all season in the league.

image.thumb.png.5ec83a92e399b7daaabc644fe915af38.png

January 2032/33

image.thumb.png.58b46a2b1fa4e998cfd407c6362e3383.png

Another strong month saw us almost unbeaten again were it not for a thrilling goal fest against Rangers which we threw away.

A great win for the squad players against League 1 boys Livi with young Steven Maguire getting a goal on his debut.

An away game with Dundee restarted the league campaign with Pablo getting the glory as he bagged a superb brace, the second being a beautiful effort that went in from distance off the inside of the post.

As I said previously, a thrilling game with Rangers saw us drop points for only the second time in two months as we let a three one lead slip. Thankfully Celtic also slipped up away to the Arabs as they went down two nil.

We then went up to the Highlands and were lucky to come back with three points as we scored two goals in the last 6 minutes to absolutely rob Caley of the three points.

So all that action has left us still top of the league by two points and with a 5th Round Scottish Cup tie with St Johnstone.

image.thumb.png.de74312f7feaa28bca6bbc46ee41be6c.png

image.thumb.png.68d37e1c183619f8f0a9a3291b5ed394.png

Veliz is now top scorer and McLaughlin playing out of his skin this month to top the average rating charts.

Next month will also see us take our place at the European table again with a glamour tie against AC Milan.

image.thumb.png.a4e822ae7e29ac2a9de70d9439781ce7.png

February 2032/33

image.thumb.png.ec56af7797639aa6046be829eae865d7.png

A good month overall despite some losses.

A bright start to the month saw a returning Murray Lyon come back into the side after a lengthy injury lay off to grab the winner on the astro turf at Rugby Park.

Another one nil win, this time against St Johnstone, saw us advance in the Scottish Cup with a tie against the Hibees in the Quarter's later in the month.

Hearts at home saw us take another three points and increase our lead at the top of the table before we went to Milan and put in a solid and tight performance to come away from the San Siro with a nil nil and the chances of advancing still very much fifty fifty.

A derby victory with goals from Krychowiak and Knight saw us bag the three points and build a seven point lead at the top of the table before we went to Edinburgh for the Scottish Cup Quarter Finals.

Early goals for both teams ignited the tie in what was an exciting affair but they grabbed a late winner two minutes from time to rob us of the chance of a double this year.

image.thumb.png.c5da273f636b6f192f1df6b55cf7bff4.png

image.thumb.png.6883ca498c5c0cb0f6d41ee1fa46b2a3.png

Youth Intake 2033:

So here's what Head of Youth Development Barry Nicholson has to say...

image.thumb.png.9d2a6a1273cdd4a36afedec13dfbd44b.png

...and a list of the potential...

image.thumb.png.2992e664898e853034da71bbf1797b77.png

...there's plenty to work with in there but nothing that hugely jumps out.

A couple of little projects in there but here's the one I'll talk about for now...

image.thumb.png.78a35eee02df99623123639e48725597.png

...this young man I'm going to retrain as a right back as his tackling is strong already and he has great teamwork and work rate.

March 2032/33

image.thumb.png.42fc403e445c66905b1d2257a316d243.png

A tough month as we head towards the split. 

Started well with a win over the Dons in what proved to be Paul Pogba's last match as manager before we hosted the Arabs and dropped points with a one one draw. We were lucky top get the point as well as Pablo popped up with a goal at the back post from a great cross by Bircevic in the 93rd minute.

Next was the historic win over seven time Champions League winners AC Milan which will live long in the memory. Our reward for this is a Battle of Britain tie with current Champions League holders Manchester United next month.

A European hangover ensued with a one nil loss away to the Hibees before we hosted our closest competition Celtic in a dull and boring nil nil.

Still top of the league but now only by four points with a final game against Rangers before we head into the split so the league is very much still all to play for.

image.thumb.png.a327ef615a8a9715c8cd5a61e4c2fbf1.png

image.thumb.png.6437d15abcee859c50c460172089ca77.png

April 2032/33

image.thumb.png.a15d02f2815b70237f06ddd9270fda32.png

A tough start to April pre split.

We lost to Didier Deschamps Rangers in his first game in charge.

Yes, that's right. For those that remember he did manage the other team in Glasgow earlier in this save...and came up short. But he served us up a big 'L' this time out.

Next up was our first ever Champions League Quarter Final against the reigning champs.

I decided to go for it but things didn't go to plan. United really bullied us and controlled the games and it was men against boys as we only managed a handful of chances over the two games were as they stung the gloves of Cesar on numerous occasions.

One point lead at the top of the table with Rangers to come again next as we start the last round of games in the split.

image.thumb.png.bec363cbfafe964ead45a9fc1594ff0c.png

image.thumb.png.05ba5e7a37dd8a119c6766a2b08b44fc.png

Top 6 Split 2032/33

image.thumb.png.78cebe8ebc955c0d93ce6df53c2fb997.png

A tough game at home against the boys in blue started the split. We could only muster a draw and we relinquished our hold at the top of the table.

Next up was a big win at home to the Hibees with goals from de la Mare, McIntyre and a goal from Grant Stevenson deep into injury time kept my title hopes alive.

A trip to the Buddies in a must win game followed. We won. A game we dominate with McLaughlin spraying the ball around at will from midfield setting everything up.

Next up was Celtic away. We started poorly and they went one up in the first ten minutes. We were second to everything and I thought the title was over until Krychowiak popped up in the 83rd minute to take the league to #HelicopterSunday yet again.

We had to win in the North Lanarkshire derby and hope the Bhoys slipped up against the Buddies but it wasn't to be. We drew in the fiery derby and the Bhoys comfortably won two nil against the Buddies to claim their first league title in ten years.

image.thumb.png.0e5931f00c7a7b415f884f9f2b1b87e7.png

image.thumb.png.c02cfaddd7781f35bf074542283f54c9.png

Season 2032/33 Review:

image.thumb.png.eb8d273b989ad18ae8c13a9ea4fe55ff.png

image.thumb.png.35a574851a723bc0a64237a4ce954bef.png

image.thumb.png.dd993fa7c07e7263468d165ca2581230.png

image.thumb.png.9771b5eedf45d6e119249a45dc94399e.png

A tough season to judge really.

Obviously no silverware is a tough pill to swallow as we are used to success but we were unlucky to lose the league and we did better in Europe than we have done before so I'm not too downhearted.

Veliz did well finishing club top scorer and the other new boys slotted in really well.

The fans have been flocking in, our new stadium expansion is almost finished, our facilities are state of the art, the bank balance is obscene and the squad is in a healthy state. Overall it's not been a bad year.

We go again...

Reserve Team Squad Review 2032/33:

Reserves Squad.png

Reserves33.PNG

Quite a few boys are out of contract and looking at them here I don't see many being offered an extension.

My transfer business this window likely be to try and find young lads who will come to the club and go in our reserves so we have a pool of talent to dip into as and when.

Edited by metallimuse

Under 18's Squad Review 2032/33:

Under 18s.PNG

under18s 33.PNG

I think there's some good improvement amongst these boys you know. Some gold amongst it, granted it's only work rate mainly but the strikers look very promising.

Edited by metallimuse

Season 2033/34 Preview:

image.thumb.png.9de922f2611d371b59181f9d38caddf1.png

A new season is upon us and the bookies again make us the third faves to win the league, no surprise there.

The board aren't demanding anything out of reach...

image.thumb.png.d84c3fb21d35c6051b57ab456ad6f4c2.png

...and looking at my squad I have a feeling of optimism about what the season could bring.

image.thumb.png.de9491fc6554cc5fce5cbae7168206dd.png

image.thumb.png.a8a48bbba88b34a1ba9a9602ebeeea0b.png

Two new faces in there which I will go into more detail on in a future post but the thing that strikes me is there is a very strong star rating in there now and most players are of an age where they have had a few years experience. I think we could really go on in the next year or two and do well in Europe finally.

I'm going to be ambitious this year and say we can get a double and reach the later stages in Europe.

July 2033/34

image.thumb.png.bbd11f20752c5f9f8a6d5ad392728b43.png

Pre-season went well. I was especially happy with my two nil win over German heavyweights Bayern. Yes it was only a friendly but I went positive to see where we were at and we managed to get the win thanks to a double from Veliz.

Played the second string away in Portugal form Maritimo and went attacking which was, in hindsight, a mistake. I think we would probably has got a win if I'd been more tactical.

Lyon we threw the game away after being three one up but still played some beautiful football. Really looking forward to European football this year. Sadly left back Huanchuli was injured in this match and is out for a month.

Only competitive game of the month was an away day to kick off the league campaign against Killie and we bossed the game, Pablo getting a beautiful left footed half volley to secure the points.

August 2033/34

image.thumb.png.3a24658ebb6f8872160d538baca28bd3.png

A great start to the season has seen us go top of the league early doors after a 100% record in the league.

Croatian team Rijeka were brushed aside with ease in the Champions League before a sterner test in Dutch big boys Feyenoord were put before us. We needed penalties to get us through but we did it and we can now enjoy the riches of the Champions League group stage over the next few months.

Killie were dispatched in our other cup game this month in what was actually a very tricky encounter.

Our league form has been fantastic with midfield in red hot form as we sit top of the league with a three point lead.

image.thumb.png.1a34cf680fd139bbd610ca18152f4cb0.png

image.thumb.png.31d4b557fed0b007d5a838861b66e7e1.png

Summer 2033/34 Transfer Window:

image.thumb.png.c2709d02347058d8d14389f26b2e3ac2.png

We did good business this summer and turned a profit as I always do.

Murray Lyon and Jack McIntyre left us after serving us well the past few years. Both had been big players but at 29 McIntyre had to go to take advantage of his value and Lyon despite being a big game player had run his course and I couldn't find a place for him.

The new boys have come in and again brought real quality as you can see below.

image.thumb.png.45aab4cf56d36cc33182dcb192540261.png

image.thumb.png.209406fc9532e5fcb28cc68f148bcea7.png

With club legend Allan Campbell now in the twilight of his career young Aleksa will be a great understudy to Grant Stevenson. 

image.thumb.png.5c9042cb530d421386a8ec6a94aae756.png

image.thumb.png.825431cfdd816eaeb55a620923f90ffa.png

Emirhan will take over from Krychowiak as the number one left winger at the club and is now the club's all time most expensive signing. Worth every penny I'm convinced.

September 2033/34

image.thumb.png.68954f375687a11464efe23bee697de7.png

Another fantastic month for the club as we remain undefeated  domestically.

Scoring goals for fun with some beautiful play as again my midfield bossed it spraying passes all over the park.

A win again in the Betfred Cup Quarter Final in a Lanarkshire derby means we have Aberdeen in the Semi Finals.

A draw and a win in the Champions League means we're in a great place as we go into the double header next month against Athleti which was always gunna be the games to decide if we play Europa or Champions League after Christmas.

So with seven games done in the league we are top with a five point gap...

image.thumb.png.f852ae2ffdba8b8135324484b953608f.png

...the boys are tearing up the individual stats tables two months in.

image.thumb.png.115bab90dea7efb7435577be3653505e.png

October 2033/34

image.thumb.png.feefe723aa9922cba408ac0c0f71151a.png

Yet another solid month has seen us remain unbeaten and it's now been a few months since we tasted defeat.

My midfield has again been in lethal form with  eight out of thirteen goals scored.

A big win in Europe with Veliz netting a poachers hat-trick means with a win in the return leg against Athleti we would be all but sure of advancing to the knock out stage in the Champions League for the second successive year.

A narrow win in a dull, tepid affair in the Betfred Cup Semi Final means we have Final against Celtic to look forward top latter in the season.

We won all our league goals barring a thrilling three all draw with bottom of the league Jags who grabbed a late, sloppy equalizer deep into injury time.

Still five points clear at the top.

image.thumb.png.7851d48c99160514d4ae6085a921e2ee.png

image.thumb.png.602281aa35fec1b61da7b57a7dd6db26.png

Our new expanding stadium is already practically at capacity so I will be asking for another expansion in the coming months.

November 2033/34

image.thumb.png.7ef4bf8eebe9414bac715a8ffc4e7f5d.png

Another month undefeated and I'm really excited about what this season could bring.

A win away in Madrid against Athleti secured us European football in the new year before a tough nil nil away in Munich meant we are still undefeated also in the Champions League group stage.

Dominating displays in the league has meant that we are seven points clear as we head into the tough festive period. We are going into games knowing that we can outscore them as our beautiful play is delighting crowds at the John Hunter Arena this season.

image.thumb.png.4aabdbba02c78f8e8c8f5664cb50578e.png 

image.thumb.png.ae37acb599895af5cd6789e7efb82ccb.png

image.thumb.png.8316699685a81415650a7f168c4d0ed5.png

December 2033/34

image.thumb.png.ed45a363bbc36f2809a789c1d2cb9814.png

A solid month again after the heartbreak of losing out on the Betfred Cup in the final to Celtic on penalties.

We were unlucky not to get our revenge in the final league game of the year with Celtic getting an equalizer in the 91st minute.

A victory against Zenit in the final group game means we topped the group and were rewarded with a first round knockout game against thirteen time winners Real Madrid.

Our league form has been scintillating this festive period as our goal scoring exploits continued to light up these dark winter months. The whole squad is really clicking and we're now nine points clear at the top. 

We're doing so well that I'm actually a bit worried that the vultures might swoop and try to pick the bones this winter transfer window. 

image.thumb.png.721bd369863a95ad21195d1a000b83f7.png

image.thumb.png.3ba32fa640d063ad22dc583939f0f441.png

January 2033/34

image.thumb.png.2bd31c983b995a03f38c3af5261dcd80.png

A 100% record domestically this month has seen our lead at the top stretch to eleven points.

We had a great win in the Lanarkshire derby with Veliz bagging himself a hat trick as we stormed our fierce rivals.

A win in the Scottish Cup over Hearts means our hopes of a double are still alive, Championship Caley Thistle will provide our next test on the path to Hampden glory.

image.thumb.png.7c628898843b285bf7f2f4678320b01a.png

image.thumb.png.1e2e750e62f46833d4791349e6aa44ed.png

We've got a strong spine of a team as you can see above with Veliz up top leading in the scoring charts and McLaughlin in midfield and Betzer in defence at the top of the charts in the average ratings.

February 2033/34

image.thumb.png.fe4989e40d7b39cd2fa983f8df0e2458.png

I don't know how else to start this post other than the usual "great month".

I'm ready to call the league as we are absolutely running away with it at this point as you can see from the screenshot below.

We started off the month with a battling draw away in Dundee and then had a wee slip up with the squad players playing in the Scottish Cup for the game against Championship Caley Thistle but other than that domestically we won the remainder of the games including the reply in the cup and then the Quarter Final directly afterwards. We have a Semi Final against Rangers in April as our reward.

In the Champions League we went to Spain and despite my optimism we were spanked by Real. We only managed one shot on target all game and five shots in general all game. They had double figures...in both...you don't need more detail then that. Our run looks to be over barring a miracle which I sadly don't see happening.

Sixteen points clear with a game in hand and actually currently on course for an Invincible season but as always, once the league is won I will play kids for game time.

image.thumb.png.7421ef94e7282cdfa35b27eae5c9103b.png

image.thumb.png.4cc8a8892afe4b1c0eb77d8985b78399.png

Newgens next month and I'm very excited by it. I've also been experimenting with my excel figures and findings and I'm looking forward to the end of the season and sharing them with you.