[FM20] When the 'Well runs over...

metallimuse

February 2029/30

image.thumb.png.bfe1192845a582489e1b7ab24d83fd7a.png

Well it looks like our dreams of a league title to see off Fir Park have disappeared.

We led Hibs for the majority of the game and then through it away in the last fifteen minutes, Porteous getting the winner in the ninety second minute :(.

Rangers came to town and we again struggled to match them, we were easily the second best team on the park.

So the Scottish Cup looks like our best chance of silver wear this year. We went away to big Kevin Kyle's hometown, Stranraer, to advance ourselves and Declan Connelly bagged himself a confidence building hat trick as we wound out four nil winner.

We played James Scott up top for the game against Raith and he bagged himself a brace in a comfortable win. Brazilian Diego went off injured though and is sadly out for a month and missed the Europa League games.

Grant Stevenson, our young DM, was also injured and missed the visit of Zenit St. Petersburg in what was a memorable night for the fans as we went on the offensive and never looked back. A hugely impressive four nil win played out in front of the supporters with Connelly again getting on the scoresheet.

No European hangover this time as we went up to the Granite City and again James Scott up top bagged a brace to help us on our way to a three one win.

People playing up top that are actually scoring this month, this is a positive development.

With Rangers to come in the Scottish Cup Quarter Final next and a four nil cushion we played the B team against Zenit in the return leg and stuck eleven men behind the ball to frustrate them and grind out a score line that meant we advanced. We lost three nil...so...the plan worked :brock:

image.thumb.png.74acbab3de84d70040e41b3a4dbc5015.png

We trail Rangers by nine points with ten games to go. I can't see the title coming to Fir Park one final time.

Edited by metallimuse

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Youth Intake 2030:

Here's what Bazza has to say...

image.thumb.png.c09f852c1a115b4ac6309d13580c9d51.png

...and the review...

image.thumb.png.6c6ccf0a216ab0f1c46bd4cf990ebb51.png

Nobody to really get excited about in all honesty.

As always, the 'YPs' have been offered contracts.

Edited by metallimuse

March 2029/30

image.thumb.png.a52dcb65137a7d3aa11ec5916c226ab7.png

A solid month as we get towards the business end of the season.

We kicked off with a win in the Scottish Cup against Rangers, Stevenson and McDonald in midfield marshalling the lads and getting us through in a game in which we had few shots and little possession but we did what we had to do and came out victorious.

A far better performance away to Hearts followed and before a very dull draw with Dundee United.

We were welcomed Dutch heavyweights Ajax in the Europa League next with Jon Burchill popping up from midfield to seal another memorable win for the fans to savour.

Sandwiched between my European games was a game with Celtic, which we just had to win if we want Champions League football next year. A terrific performance from the boys against the bhoys meant that we did get the three points. Big result that drew us level on points with them.

A trip to the Johan Cruyff Arena and these seven days turned into the best week of some of these fans lives as we again worked miracles and beat Ajax in their own yard, the winner coming in  the ninety first minute!

In a week we've beaten Ajax twice and Celtic, pulled second in the league and gone further in Europe then we've ever been in my time with the club! What a time to be alive :applause:

A trip away to the Buddies to finish out the month and keep the good times rolling...

:ackter:

So here's how the stats look this month...

image.thumb.png.0f79941d348a60e67a16313c1b205595.png

April 2029/30 Pre Top 6 Split:

image.thumb.png.6710477a35ff5d225508b75835a0126e.png

A couple of home games rounded out the normal domestic season before the split and two wins have left us in a great spot level with the Hoops in second place and the fight for that last Champions League spot very much on. The fight for the title, trailing by nine points, looks to be off in all honesty.

Spurs in the Europa League Quarter Final was always going to be a tough ask and we couldn't manage it. Rangers got passed Schalke though so our exploits will have done our co-efficiency the world of good.

image.thumb.png.15d31046680c8cc0543b40db4357ff22.png

As the new stadium is on the brink of being finished and all our facilities being state of the art I've now for the first time increased our scouting range to worldwide.

image.thumb.png.9b3bfe518f9505d20691e8d777c1ddd4.png

Top 6 Split 2029/30

image.thumb.png.8c67feceb301bc6fb1fc5e3a531bd925.png

A draw with the Jambos and a defeat at Parkhead to the Bhoys ended our hopes of finishing second and getting into the Champions League.

We promoted the newgens and played the bit part players and performed admirably with two wins out three from the rest of the split.

A tough, bak and forth game ensued in the fight over the Scottish Cup but Celtic game out on top on a sunny day at the home of the national team.

So that's it for our final year at Fir Park and my tenth season in charge of the Steelmen.

image.thumb.png.e8b7a08c5c36f2f3a6181c63b66c76c7.png

image.thumb.png.e7b78194bf18aa34521b1fd561eb5a7b.png

The best defence in the league over the season but our lack of goals really cost us as we finished outside of the top two for the first time in ten years.

Season Review 2029/30:

image.thumb.png.68517eab821aca2328206333cfed9779.png

image.thumb.png.4212277a0f27b9e043ef46bc04c783e8.png

image.thumb.png.4ea2e155a299eae38690f37c51ac5aa4.png

Considering our past few years it was a bit of a disappointment and a sad way to leave Fir Park.

I don't know what to say about the lads.

I guess overall the truth is that they just didn't produce. I complained about Connelly and the lack of goals all year yet he's my best performing player over the season so that says it all really.

We had a change of ownership during the season so it will be interesting to see what kind of relationship I forge with them moving forward and how they control the club, hopefully they won't tie my hands.

A new dawn is about to begin.

The infrastructure is now in place, a new home is in place, we should be making money, we've increased our scouting network and over the summer there's a lot of excitement at what might be.

Now is the time to really focus on the players and the squad and build a team over the next few years to start competing in Europe.

giphy.gif

Season 2030/31 Preview:

image.thumb.png.460149bf50dd61a6445d65559b5fe113.png

image.thumb.png.a35a2187f69fc612cf4c58de9b9708dc.png

image.thumb.png.eab293819443522dd6b3a1c860d33a79.png

So, our first season at the John Hunter Arena is upon us.The bookies have tipped us for fourth this year but the board is still just asking for the same this year. Interestingly though as of next year they expect us to finish top two and get into the Champions League, first time that request has been made.

Speaking about the board I asked for a new affiliate and they came back to me after a board meeting and advised there would be no more affiliates attached to the club moving forward.

A couple of players left over the summer.

Connelly left as despite being top scorer and my most highly rated player last season...I just wasn't feeling him. Remember my young Uruguayan newgen striker Pablo Guastavino from 2029? Well after a season out on loan last year I'm promoting him to the senior's and I have high hopes for him.

Big Bob McDonald in midfield left as he wanted a new challenge and he served us well so I didn't stand in his way. I was sad to see him leave though as that boy popped up with some great and important goals ever since he got into the match day squads.

Mark Rea left as we have a great left back coming through so he was expendable, Robbie Fleet was a victim of the new board signing Davis in the last window and James Scott wanted a better squad status than I was willing to give him so another one club man has sadly left.

Some other youngsters and squad players I wasn't planning on using have gone out on loan.

No transfers in as of yet but that's not to say that I won't be dipping into the market but I'm currently waiting for all reports on the nearly three hundred scouted players to come back in before we look to put any firm bids in.

So, what are my plans this year?

Obviously the league is top priority. Further to that I will be scouting the world and analysing my squad and the performances and really singling out where we need to improve and who can do it for us, realistically.

It's an exciting and brave new world ahead.

Edited by metallimuse

August 2030/31

image.thumb.png.1f2566a7de5e95f20c2c23cd5acd4fb3.png

An incredible preseason marred only by the defeat to PSV has carried over to the start of the season proper as we've blown away every put before us.

Granted, no big tests as of yet but you can only beat what's put in front of you.

Uruguayan newgen Pablo hit the ground running with a goal on his debut to put the Hibees to the sword on the opening day of the season before a dour, boring game against the Buddies saw us sneak over the line with a goal from George Morris in the twenty sixth minute.

A thrilling game with Aberdeen ensued in the Betfred Cup next with Brazilian Diego getting the all important winning penalty in a tense 7-6 shoot out, Rangers to come in the Quarters.

Croatians Slaven Belupo were all that stood in our way from getting into the Europa League Group Stage and we easily put them out and the game was over after the first leg as Jon Burchill grabbed himself a hat trick and 18 year old George Irvine got himself on the score sheet also.

Raith Rovers gave a good game of it as the meat in our European football sandwich but ultimately our incessant pressing and flurry of attacks proved too much and we rode out two nil winners before the return leg with Slaven in which we played the second string due to our comfortable aggregate lead and still managed a one nil win.

The Europa League Group Stage has been drawn and I'd say we have a great chance at topping the group..

image.thumb.png.a9840f810b2ebc30966676a3f6e6468f.png

...domestically we are third but with a game in hand...

image.thumb.png.c60bba2cbed61a35d8f052c09dede79f.png

No transfers as of yet with the window about to close and I won't be dipping in as of yet.

I worked with such a large squad last year and I wonder if the rotation perhaps worked against me as we look a lot stronger with this smaller group so far so I'm going to stick with it and see how we perform over the next four months, see what the intake preview is and depending on form we might then go in for someone in January.

Edited by metallimuse

September 2030/31

image.thumb.png.14475a9e125559387cd65e06905909ce.png

A decent month as we settle more into the season.

The Steggies were up first in a game we romped to victory, Fan fave Pablo getting himself on the score sheet in the process.

Rangers next in the league, the first big test of the season. A game which we were making looking easy as we went one up thanks to Grant Stevenson's beast of a half volley but then the ref had an absolute shocker and sent of Diego on the stroke of half time for a push from behind as he was jostling for the ball. A straight red. Scandalous. We had to endure heavy pressure most of the second half and just couldn't hold the line as the bagged themselves an equaliser and a share of the points.

Who said we'd top the group in Europe? Naw I didnae, naw that was you lot. I always said it would be tough...

So a trip to Hearts followed and another very tough game but top scorer Jon Burchill got himself on the scoresheet again to get us the three points.

Another thrilling Betfred Cup game was next when we took on Rangers at Ibrox. That man Pablo getting on the scoresheet again and misery for the Rangers boys as a few of them missed spot kicks in the shoot out.

After Europe, Hearts and extra time against Rangers we were dead on our feet for the visit of Aberdeen and it showed as we couldn't get out of the blocks and had to settle for a point. 

Top of the league though as Celtic and Rangers dropped points this month. 

image.thumb.png.f9d37bef4e82c05f49c5fcb192d6e326.png 

October 2030/31

image.thumb.png.8add636be5ccf5aac2188d46895c22b6.png

First up was a Shaktar side with Luka Jovic up top...this group is far from as straight forward as I thought.

We went up to the Highlands in the league next to take on Caley Thistle, a Jack McIntyre brace got us the three points as the got a consolation goal in the ninety third minute.

Dundee United absolutely trounced us next in the league before we regained our form and got an important three points in Europe, Pablo bagged himself a couple as his development is coming on leaps and bounds.

An exciting back and forth north Lanarkshire derby was next, Grant Stevenson getting man of the match and played a stormer.

We finished the month with a stormy game at Parkhead in a game devoid of many clear cut chances, they picked up the three points but as you can see below, the league remains tight.

image.thumb.png.e62d2a08e40620c9b806f36a3594161f.png

November 2030/31

image.thumb.png.d7f720211a5e833677c66d68db19587d.png

What a fantastic month as we head into the festive period with a 100% record.

First up was a highly charged North Lanarkshire derby in the Betfred Cup Semi Final. Top scorer Jon Burchill again bagging a brace to send us through to the promised land and a chance of silverware, the Steggies await in the final.

Another three points in Europe and we're getting the points on the board, maybe we might qualify after all.

A huge win against the Baggies next with Pablo bagging 4 goals! I told you this boy had all the stats to be a great centre forward!

Hibs were next at home at Pablo was again on the score sheet and the press are talking about him winning Golden Boy...he is my big hope for the year and his goal scoring will decide if we're crowned champions or not.

A great win against Standard and we are now second with one game left against third place Shaktar to decide if we have European football after Christmas.

Second in the league, Pablo top scorer and a place in the Betfred Cup Final booked, excited at what the season holds.

image.thumb.png.4afd3743db69143122df5e2a889bc7eb.png

December 2030/31

image.thumb.png.20b8281753552a042400db4b4376f108.png

Yet another great month over the festive period this time as we remain undefeated.

A dominant display over Raith in the league with the B team who all kept their places as we had a Betfred Cup Final dress rehearsal and snuck the win, young George Irvine getting himself the goal and us the three points.

We went to Hampden to face the Staggies for the second time in seven days and this time with the A team...found it just as tough but we done it. The first piece of silver ware in over a year.

We went to the Ukraine only needing to avoid defeat so I went with an all out defend mentality and, well, you can see above what transpired. Unbelievable scenes and a night that will live on for all those in attendance. Topped the group, as I said I would, never in doubt :brock:

image.thumb.png.096d9f827f7b55316572445de42a18e7.png

Hearts were up next and that boy Pablo got himself a goal again to keep himself in with a shout of European Goldboy.

He kept at it as he bagged the goal against Aberdeen in the next game in our score draw before being rested against Caley but we still ran out two nil winners.

A tough goalless North Lanarkshire derby followed before we finished off the year in style by dominating Celtic at home and getting the three points, Murray Lyon getting the goal to keep us level with Rangers at the top of the league at the turn of the year.

image.thumb.png.e9f5592cab91a858651a862afb40eaf9.png

January 2030/31

image.thumb.png.91f44842e387f86bc9225d3184298cb4.png

Back after the winter break and straight down to Scottish Cup action. We couldn't quite see off Raith at Stark's Park se we'll play them again in a reply at the end of the month.

Further victories in the league followed when we saw off the Arabs and the Hibees, Diego getting on the score sheet in both games as we march on trying to regain our league title.

We played a full strength team for the visit of Raith in the Scottish Cup and easily saw them off this time.

Three month left of the season and we're joint top with a game in hand, won a Cup and look to be heading for the quarters in the other domestic Cup and still in Europe.

Great season so far...

image.thumb.png.7e6af024addedce1e0375f1a8007e633.png

After reviewing the squad and players so far this season I've come to the conclusion that we need to go out and buy a quality left back and striker but trying to find someone affordable who will qualify for a work permit is proving neigh on impossible.

February 2030/31

image.thumb.png.bf3e33c5864ee96a1b3b0bf081326dce.png

image.thumb.png.303829728ffea111cf631731cd168e0b.png

Title winning form I'm sure you'll agree. Trimming the squad I think has really worked this year as the lads have had more games and become more familiar with playing with each other.

My midfield along with Pablo have been banging the goals in and although we have conceded a lot of possession in games we are absolutely clinical on the counter and flooding the box picking up any loose ball when it's swung in.

I'm starting to wonder if a historic treble is on. We've got Celtic in the Scottish Cup Quarter next so that will be make or break for that dream.

image.thumb.png.9a8b5d4471cda11d2510a276b3b9bab9.png

Newgens this month, want a son :brock:

Edited by metallimuse

Youth Intake 2031

Here's what Bazza has to say...

image.thumb.png.47a2af7cae10f47f0f2e56a98dcec715.png

...and who's getting contracts, the players with decent personalities...

image.thumb.png.faea1137c83357cb6b72c836d47fbdd2.png

...nobody of real quality sadly.

Ross Hutton probably the pick of the bunch.

image.thumb.png.9d42d9a4a069465fe3466bc2cffc945f.png

Spink is the player earmarked in the preview back in December.

image.thumb.png.2a152bcc200e907606458bf5e035dad4.png

March 2030/31

image.thumb.png.0362038d7c87c508e5f175c1c736aee4.png

I don't know why I say things like "top the group easy", "chance of a treble", "I'll do it in a minute babe" as it never works out for me. 

Yes no sooner had I discussed chances of a historic treble on here I then went to Paradise and experienced Hell. Dumped out of the Scottish Cup in a one sided game, Pablo bagging a consolation goal for us with minutes left to play.

Who would have believed we would draw our opening  day Europa League Group tormentors Standard Liege again so but we did, this time in the second knockout phase. I can't say I wasn't a little pessimistic but we went to Belgium and played a counter mentality and walked out with two big away goals and a clean sheet.

A European hangover followed as we went to the Highlands and found it tougher than Belgium and only managed a score draw with Caley but it was nice for young back up striker George Irvine to find the net.

The return game against Standard was a standard affair you could say. We went positive to be mindful of our aggregate lead and still walked out with a one nil win to send us into the Quarter Finals. Guess who we got...

image.thumb.png.900196364a8773078c91b49675ab040d.png

The North Lanarkshire Derby was next and despite being tactical and playing a lot of the B team we still walked away from it with a big win score line wise before we went to Ibrox and recorded an important big win Championship wise against second place Rangers, Pablo and Diego getting us the goals to send us on our way.

Thought we were flying an on easy street but the Arabs popped that bubble and brought us back down to earth as we finished the month with a loss, thankfully the old Firm also dropped points so we still have breathing room at the top.

image.thumb.png.533c55af19baedbb6e1dc8ad69cbe450.png

April 2030/31 Pre Split

image.thumb.png.697f007c3192b0fc25831005834440ac.png

Three games before the split, only one of them being in the league and that was the trip to Parkhead.

In a game that could of really seen us out of sight and coasting to the title we actually had to play a heavily rotated squad due to the importance of the game after..two days after. An absolute joke that scheduling and I was really pulling what little hair out I have.

So we lost to Celtic and our lead at the top of the league has shrunk to a single point.

So Rangers for the 5th and 6th time of the season in the Quarter Finals of the Europa League. 

Two humdingers that saw us narrowly get through. The back line did us proud in the first game before Ricky Campbell got the winner in the return leg at the John Hunter Arena to send the fans home in dream land!

We've got the mighty Barca in the Semi's. This is a new experience for this club. Can we do it?

image.thumb.png.41454a14c1a8df1b391677e875c80de3.png

Top Six Split

image.thumb.png.ffb065ff77ccc2b57adec44064088db6.png

The split started off poorly with a tough draw with the Hibees in a game that I trailed most of and truth be told was lucky to get the point. We lost the lead at the top of the table as a result.

We hosted Celtic in a game which had huge significance with regards to the title but again could only manage a draw again and Celtic kept their lead at the top of the table.

We hosted Barca in our most high profile game probably of all time and managed a very respectable one nil defeat and still very much in this two legged tie.

We went to Ibrox and again could only manage a draw and although it was mathematically possible to still win the league I had given up hope.

The return leg in Barcelona came and on a proud night we went down swinging but two goals from Haaland sent us out.

A big derby win against Hamilton and the news that Celtic had lost meant Scotland was going to a #HelicopterSunday again!

BOTH the Old Firm and me were on 77 points with one game to go, I had sixth placed Hearts and the Old Firm were playing each other.

We needed Celtic to win as well as picking up the three points ourselves as Rangers goal difference would have made them champions if they also won.

Celtic won one nil as did we and that was all she wrote!

Champions of Scotland again!

image.thumb.png.6f5eab69d624806e9e10e0666d05b15b.png

What a way to end the season!

Season Review 2030/31

image.thumb.png.e0fe06d11cf4055f5c35ead9de011f41.png

image.thumb.png.dd21261f0f8e584e0a08cc5ef39efd63.png

image.thumb.png.c300afe22ed7e1904f0a2cb888f76a59.png

Well, maybe it's the euphoria of #HelicopterSunday ringing in my ears but, how can I say anything other than it's been a phenomenal season?

We went on a club record 26 game unbeaten run, won a cup, made it to a European Semi Final and won the league on the last day of the season.

Incredible.

With regards to the players, I told you Pablo was going to be my guy and my decision to sell Connelly proved to be the correct course of action. The squad has been brilliant with maybe the exception of my full backs who I think I definitely need an upgrade on as we try to compete in the Champions League next year.

I don't have the words currently to articulate just how I feel about it all at the moment so I will bow out, have a beer, a cheeky wee dram to celebrate and be back tomorrow (four days off now thanks to the UK Bank Holiday) with a more articulated post about the plans for next season and how I plan to improve the squad as we now look to really push on in Europe.

Well, after our European adventure this year we've done wonders for the reputation of the country...

image.thumb.png.0501e52ed979e04a1205ccbbe1975b8b.png

image.thumb.png.6d5958335b07525df0e3103e1ee2d3cd.png

...and our own reputation...

image.thumb.png.acda4d790126241cc57c88befea152d9.png

...can we be considered a big club yet?

Edited by metallimuse

3 hours ago, Carambau said:

Another great season and the next title! Fantastic run in europe as well- losing against Barcelona is no shame :thup:

Yeah I didn't think we would get past them so wasn't too upset. Couldn't believe my league win though.

Season 2031/32 Preview

image.thumb.png.f835c579690b48744f80c5bf7ad89515.png

The bookies have again picked us to finish behind the Old Firm :seagull:, Diego has been picked as one of the star XI though :brock:

image.thumb.png.8c89bb03ff787bd66a7eae7260ac6572.png

The board this year are actually expecting me to qualify for the Champions League minimum which is new.

My goals this year are to retain the league and be competitive in Europe and go on another good run. The domestic cups are a bonus but I'd quite fancy the Scottish Cup if given the chance.

We've actually bought players this summer! Take a look...

image.thumb.png.6dfbac916fcfc3cb256a768323f41b20.png

Greg Davis has left but young Conor Leitch is a Scotland international now and really should have been my keeper all along so I have no qualms about turning to him.

I've bought practically a new defence as the full backs all needed upgrading and this gem for the left wing, bags of potential and I'm sure I'll get a pretty penny when it's time to move him on.

image.thumb.png.e79e8403a96f52d126dc1be8f0691180.png

So let's have a look at our new defence.

image.thumb.png.ee616940bb14cf4375cd37651c7ff23d.png

A perfectionist who can be slightly volatile but I think he can do well for us. He'll likely be the understudy for this lad...

image.thumb.png.e917c61c5e5b6895c98eba491c7c2daa.png

A light hearted lad but he's ready to hit the ground running and will be who I call upon for the important games.

My new left back is this fella...

image.thumb.png.64f46b7fa2ef0a203b9c99e05007a10f.png

...who will make way for...

image.thumb.png.5a6a55a816f319c2d62b59d1ceed8fc9.png

...this driven young man from Argentina. This boy could very well end up being the pick of the bunch.

And finally I brought in this big Czech to play in the big European games...

image.thumb.png.5b91d3aa24d617d807a12bf6a43cff00.png

August 2031/32

image.thumb.png.4bbe6e58d4eee5c02a91d8865a5e8ee4.png

A tough start to the campaign. 

A tough one one draw at home to the Jambos kicked off the campaign as we unfurled the champions flag for season 2030/31.

Things got better as we got the three points against the Arabs, new boy Kudela getting the goal from the spot.

We next faced the Dons at home twice in five days. First up was the Betfred Cup and our best performance of the season so far as we made it easy and strolled to a three nil win. Kudela again got a goal from the spot and fellow new boy Wojciech also amongst the goals. George Morris got the goal in the league game to give us the three points in a game we also bossed.

A tricky, frustrating away game to the Buddies ended the month and another two points dropped has left us four points off the top of the table.

image.thumb.png.e3bdfa340605cd40a3406ba397d81746.png

Champions League groups have been drawn and we've been handed a toughie...

image.thumb.png.d505396a8736f29b7c680244208f776a.png

Realistically, I'm apprehensive. I mean, it's tough to look at that and not think we are the whipping boys but we'll give it a go and see just where we are as a club.

September 2031/32

image.thumb.png.c6b793a5b6f6abbf5be8dfb0bc23f803.png

A much better month this month as we won every game domestically.

We went to Edinburgh and got in a right scrap with the Hibees but an absolute worldie from Ricky Campbell got us the three points.

Next up was Citeh in the Champions League and we were two down in eight minutes and always on a hiding to nothing.

A big game against fellow title challengers Rangers were next and we bounced back with an important one nil win after playing most of the match with only ten men as Diego got himself sent of after 26 minutes for a horror challenge, Jon Burchill got the winner after 76 minutes.

We played a somewhat depleted team against Championship side Falkirk and laboured to a score draw needing penalties to thankfully see off the plucky side.

An empathetic five nil win rounded off the month with Pablo finally getting on the score this season with a brace and some absolute beautiful goals going in to entertain the masses in the John Hunter Arena.

image.thumb.png.d3c0b5de8b66ee894b2e3d298ed14b91.png

So joint top of the league at the end of the month.

image.thumb.png.7dddfd9aaf09de83dec15fe619aef92e.png

The new boys are settling in well but a couple of niggling injuries being picked up by them, particularly Ivo Laudato.

October 2031/32

image.thumb.png.5029c55a90f81dcc2f824def557c4520.png

The month started off with a defeat away in Italy at the hands of Milan. Two games and two losses, definitely going to be fighting it out for third spot and Europa League after Christmas.

A trip to the highlands to take on Caley next and we squeezed a narrow one nil win, same for the shorter trip across Lanarkshire to face Hamilton as we snuck a one nil again.

Next we faced St Etienne and a superb brace from Krychowiak and Pablo with a bullet of a header got us the big three points and a step closer to European football after Christmas.

We had a European hangover when we hosted the Staggies and lost our first domestic game of the season. We were completely lacklustre and poor throughout, only managing four shots on target all game.

We had to pick ourselves up as we went to Parkhead as a loss again would have been catastrophic for our league aspirations even this early on. Thankfully the lads responded well to my aggressive team talk and Krychowiak got the winner as he became top scorer for the season so far.

Early doors and it's us and Hearts setting the pace!

image.thumb.png.29a72cd86adac5d41381e2118fd9ab0f.png

Here's a new screen I'm going to add in each month so you can see player league stats to see who's topping the charts.

image.thumb.png.169ea475a5ddc24bbdbbe8682b9eeccd.png

Edited by metallimuse

November 2031/32

image.thumb.png.b7d85a390c404a6b170b4510eda4f32a.png

An extra time winner from Pablo who scored a clinical tap in from 3 yards out saw us get to our second successive Betfred Cup Final.

We went to France and secured a vital point against St Etienne next which has all but confirmed European football next year.

John Burchill grabbed a double to see off the Jambos and take us level on points at the top of the table in a superb team performance before we went to Aberdeen and repeated the score line, Pablo getting on the scoresheet again.

We played the B team against Citeh as we were never gunna win lets be honest. St Etienne lost as well so we are now guaranteed European football after Christmas.

Another great domestic performance from the team finished off the month with a great three one victory over Dundee United which sent us three points clear at the top as Hearts lost to Celtic.

image.thumb.png.69479f03d8c04d0a2cdcc1a640826868.png

image.thumb.png.b1127795d6333d38497334a9bfcc1317.png

December 2031/32

image.thumb.png.86096ce886d7b3c9c9efa64b448fc64d.png

The festive month was strong for us as we gave very little away to others this month.

A high scoring game against the Buddies kicked off the month, Grant Stevenson sending us on our way with two penalties and we were coasting four up until the last fifteen minutes when we lost our concentration and conceded two.

We were poor against the Bhoys in the Betfred Cup Final sadly despite starting brightly. Hopefully we can get back to back titles seeing as back to back cups are out.

Dead rubber against Milan followed and we literally did play the reserves due to how busy the month is and did surprisingly well to keep the scoreline respectable.

Then came three wins on the spin which helped us to build a lead at the top of the table as Hearts faltered before we went to Ibrox and had a bad loss of our own.

We got back to winning ways to see out the year as we went to the Staggies and Pablo got us off to a good start getting another tap in within the opening ten minutes before we added another from a corner with ten twenty minutes to go.

So a solid month and a nine point lead has now opened up for us at the top.

image.thumb.png.679326699fc7202d2da90f36252d70e7.png

image.thumb.png.868b0c57a16459b6ee1b203737bfae54.png

January 2031/32

image.thumb.png.6885e9706c4944d4a0771ff19b430035.png

A sublime way to kick off 2032 as we have a 100% month despite club number 1 Conor Leitch being injured in the Hearts game.

We made easy work of League 1 highflyers Arbroath in the Scottish Cup before an empathic win in the Lanarkshire derby.

Easy work was also made of Hearts who have really been on a terrible run over this festive period.

Aberdeen and Dundee United were also brushed aside this month as we stretched our lead at the top.

image.thumb.png.9f9830907ea2c44346185cba15d58198.png

image.thumb.png.aff9b914c9162c9eba97364206635830.png

There was one bit of transfer activity this month, the eagle eyed amongst you may have spotted it in the pics above...

image.thumb.png.73550fe04136f057d257dea719322d4e.png

...the prodigal son has returned! Club LEGEND Allan Campbell has returned for a fee of £450k to add a bit of quality in depth and hopefully see out his career where he belongs.

February 2031/32

image.thumb.png.13ba02f439e951760dd6647c73e6dcef.png

A mixed bag of a month started brightly with a dominating performance over the Bhoys as we hosted them and put them to the sword.

Livi were brushed aside with ease in the Scottish Cup to set us up with a North Lanarkshire derby with Hamilton in the Quarter Finals next.

We were poor against the Buddies and I admitted that it was a score line which reflected our performance.

The Rangers game, however, was such an even game yet we were undone by two clinical finishes by them.

Bordeaux was who we were drawn against in the first knockout round of the Europa League and a powerful first leg tie saw us through to the next round as we won 2-1 at home and managed a 1-1 draw away as we nearly went out but Pablo popped up with the equalizer in the 87th minute :D

We then drew our old friends West Ham in our usual second round knockout fixture :herman:

Sandwiched in between those games was a tough two all draw over in Edinburgh against the Hibees before we finished off the month with a famous four nil win over Hamilton in the Scottish Cup Quarter Finals.

So we find ourselves ten points clear with ten games to go and the fight for second is fascinating with any one of three able to claim as we head into the last stretch. Despite falling out of the title picture, Hearts have had a superb season.

image.thumb.png.615bcaf022f03b97d11a005d4e63f139.png

image.thumb.png.e2363d9fc5edbd5859f310a115cc2dbb.png

Youth Intake 2032:

image.thumb.png.f472d74af6d2321311a35a6bb2e61e16.png

Well, turns out there's a reason Bazza didnae call them a golden generation despite the positive write up in December.

I don't see any of these boys making the grade but we've signed the ones with the best personalities to give them a shot and see what may happen.

image.thumb.png.53b1cae46dee21850eb4c05811f45096.png

It is interesting to see how bad Celtic have become in your save. In my game, they still are the best club in the league, they cash in millions on players every season selling them abroad and stay relentless resultswise. But this season seems we got the upper hand once more ;) Hearts are doing great in your save as well, in contrast Dundee FC have become a challenging club in my save. Nice to see the saves developing so differently :) 

March 2031/32

image.thumb.png.9905d82a6a4a39585b0bd541a9e5ce5e.png

A solid start to the month keep our lead strong at the top of the table as Caley Thistle and Dundee were disposed of easily with some cracking goals being scored in the process, especially a 30 yard thunderbolt by Kyle McLaughlin in the game against Dundee despite only having a 10 for long shots and 10 for finishing.

Next up came West Ham plus the news that my number one Conor Leitch was out due to injury. I was gutted thinking that was game over but young understudy Brad Flynn stood firm as we claimed a beautiful win over the Hammers that had been years in the making.

We jubilantly welcomed the Staggies to the John Hunter Arena and eked out a one nil win before we went to the London Stadium and Zidane's Hammers delivered us a hammer blow by blowing us off the park. They've done us again. Exact same round for the fourth time. 

A morose team then had to go to Hamilton in what was a tough derby and ended one all, the players seemingly tired after our midweek run out chasing shadows.

So one game left before the split (Celtic) and here's how the table looks and who the star performers are.

image.thumb.png.a4bccab8af44616212e408a14d81d6b9.png

image.thumb.png.655b15846cc23212faf2a2a1cbab9533.png

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

It is interesting to see how bad Celtic have become in your save. In my game, they still are the best club in the league, they cash in millions on players every season selling them abroad and stay relentless results wise. But this season seems we got the upper hand once more ;) Hearts are doing great in your save as well, in contrast Dundee FC have become a challenging club in my save. Nice to see the saves developing so differently :) 

Celtic were big movers in the transfer window previously just like how you are describing but since I started dominating they've slowly faded, the pull of the club probably not as it was. They seem to go through managers quite frequently now. 

Rangers hammered Celtic 7-1 at Ibrox this year which I meant to write up but didn't

Rangers were poor for the first decade but seem to now be having a surge despite their league performance this year, they keep unearthing gems and do well in Europe but my consistency over the season seems to be the key to holding them off.

Hearts have been fantastic this year but I still think they're only up there still due to poor performances by the Old Firm this season, I expect them to be just part of the pack next season.

April 2031/32

image.thumb.png.74a4de922930b454fa14d8a35a323aa6.png

Just the two games this month pre split and that's the final league game against the Bhoys and the Scottish Cup Semi Final against the Dons.

A strong rear guard showing and moments of brilliance from Pablo up top got a big three points against Celtic in Paradise. The league title is most definitely coming to the John Hunter Arena and we'll be trying to secure it as soon as possible to give some game time to the kids to finish off the season.

Aberdeen were no match for us either at Hampden as a strong all round team game got us the win and set up a Cup Final against Dundee United in what will be our final game of the season next month.

image.thumb.png.5b4100b3624f0cc23490fc5faf7fe1e7.png

image.thumb.png.433783fc25a4db302d168531274a56da.png

Pablo is now three goals off the golden boot for the season.

Let me post this before I forget as I keep trying to do it at the end of each year but I always get offered the new vision before I remember.

Smashed the boards expectations this year as I'm sure you've already gathered.

image.thumb.png.f6e633fe345dcaff762fb05033a2bf32.png

Top 6 Split

image.thumb.png.14e5a74bfd35f34e3ba35ef03123ecfe.png

The title was clinched in a derby win at home against Hamilton, a great way to celebrate for the fans!

After that I played the kids as I said which lead to some losses but it didn't matter at this stage.

We completed another double as we went to Hampden and played a great game to beat the Arabs quite comfortably despite the narrow score line.

image.thumb.png.61de1b21fd6d88e6a68b796e70579f20.png

image.thumb.png.4ac284717ae99e4573305bbdc402f877.png