[FM20] When the 'Well runs over...

metallimuse

January 2035/36

image.thumb.png.42fd2acabbd472651a105be43d005886.png

We keep grinding out the results as we march towards another league title.

A win at home to the Arabs was made easier when they had a man sent off and we then went to Parkhead and stuck 11 men behind the ball as with our lead in the league we didn't need to go for it, let's be pragmatic about this. We rounded out the month in the league with an easy win at home to the Hibees who again find themselves in the wrong half of the split.

We picked up a win against Albion Rovers in the Scottish Cup who are managed by my old midfield maestro Liam Polworth. They gave us a good game but our extra class showed through I told the press.

image.thumb.png.17169f7679f74a97829cdb4250380d6f.png

image.thumb.png.c5c65304cbc0bebaef0c73ef02a34e74.png

Eight points clear in the league now and we don't have to play Celtic again until after the split. I'm starting to take for granted that the title will be coming back to the John Hunter Arena if I'm honest.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

February 2035/36

image.thumb.png.ae095d8d81dd6c26f324ae08e055be7b.png

A great month as we kicked things off with a win up in the Highlands. This was followed by another win in the league as we coasted past the Buddies.

Next up was a thrilling win in the Scottish Cup against Championship side Raith Rovers before we rested a few of the lads against Dundee ahead of the Europa League game against Swedish side BK Häcken and only managed a draw, both goals coming from penalties.

BK Häcken were put to the sword over the two legs and we've been rewarded with a glamour tie against Italian side Fiorentina in the next round.

Sandwiched between those European games was a game against Rangers, who's manager is coming under increasing fire for their poor league performance. We lost one nil in a very close game. Our first loss in the league all season.

Still two points clear in the league with a game in hand at the months end.

image.thumb.png.6e2d67b24a601ce934138c780a0692d3.png

image.thumb.png.c9296704a59f017d757e96f239ce5c54.png

Youth Intake 2036

Here's what Barry is saying...

image.thumb.png.f565916fc7d4c3351c366913175ecd65.png

...and here's how it looks...

image.thumb.png.5c7b1f776bfb850053645ffc7d45672c.png

...just the three getting signed.

image.thumb.png.e49dcb6fad70d2683f57596945be7b82.png

image.thumb.png.ad6ee8c85e4b2b8530863f82c3562358.png

image.thumb.png.69c5d66fda125bc4c808160073ff66b3.png

If Barry doesn't bring better quality next year then a change will occur.

March 2035/36

image.thumb.png.4408e1d20796e82b52d1fa333d43b4ea.png

A second loss of the season, this time to the Dons, but other than that the push for title number ten in the clubs history is still going strong.

We started off the month with a goalless draw away to Dundee in the cup and needed a reply at the end of the month to advance but we saw them off and will face Rangers in the Semi Final as we try for a double.

There could be a treble on still though as we saw off Fiorentina in the Europa League knockouts, Legia Warsaw next in the Quarter Finals, I'm confident of going further.

image.thumb.png.89bf492d78c9e91c5f1297a3c1ff0d48.png

image.thumb.png.70fad2eea73537f4818d9a10fe48691d.png

April 2035/36

image.thumb.png.48df4781c101a442e99c5f25e199d24f.png

An undefeated month including an easy Europa League Quarter Final win over Legia Warsaw. We've got a semi final next against Spurs, possibly a step too far.

We dropped points at the start of the month away at Dens Park to allow Celtic to close the gap on us before we got back to winning ways with a win in the North Lanarkshire derby away at Hamilton, young Shaun McCulloch getting the goal to give us the three points.

We squeezed through against the 'Gers via penalties in the Scottish Cup semi-final before we ended the month dropping points again to third placed Hearts but luckily the Bhoys failed to capitalise by drawing with the Buddies away to leave us still three points clear at the top.

image.thumb.png.2e3e2ed0d1033e4a5106750758fb40f6.png

image.thumb.png.087c570bed3f103b2ab5e49a12a0126e.png

May 2035/36

image.thumb.png.60f4b55a142a0115e81d8fca94274965.png

An incredible, and nervy, end to the domestic season as we clinch a double with still the possibility that we can add to that and turn it into a treble.

A few nervy draws in the league as we played out the top 6 split and ended up winning the title on the last day of the season with a resounding three nil win away at the Buddies, new signing Peng Song along with a double from Karabasevic saw us retain the title.

A further big win against a very impressive Hearts team this year finished off the domestic campaign in the Scottish Cup Final as the lads did their walk around a packed out Hampden with thoughts drifting to our European Cup Final in four days time.

image.thumb.png.ffc66fb42f76a47f44100e7b55d37569.png

image.thumb.png.c662d424eb28d7f096953c55fb1bdd14.png

2035/36 Season Review:

image.thumb.png.8a6f54632e434b57cc391683ab3c7528.png

image.thumb.png.6bfda855ee4bd11b7252070fa21e6cf0.png

image.thumb.png.b7f1a6e7bd8b98a1378e50dea0ade478.png

image.thumb.png.b58edcefa0c520486c7d4dd171e8ce72.png

Well, what can I say about this season?

We satisfied the board demands and the fans have flocked into the John Hunter Arena to see us again.

Domestically we were incredibly strong again reaching both cup finals and going into the new year before we lost a league game.

We had a tough Champions League group and went out in the groups but our Europa League run in our 150th year more than made up for it.

The players have been incredible this season again and I expect we'll have some bids coming our way over the summer after our exploits in Europe.

A good season overall, to be modest.

In-depth Player Analysis 2036:

So here’s the end of year in depth player review and again I’ve had a little tinker with it. I’m aware that constant year on year changes to how this is reviewed is counterproductive but this is new to me so I’m still fine tuning it and figuring out what it is exactly that I want. So, this is still a work in progress is what I’m trying to say.

The key regarding how I’m judging players attribute points is still the same:

Key.PNG

The first change I’ve made is to my club identity or DNA.

I’ve now decided that the things I want all my players to have are a minimum of 12, for now, in the following:

• ·       Passing

• ·       Technique

• ·       Anticipation

• ·       Composure

• ·       Decisions

• ·       Teamwork

• ·       Determination

• ·       Concentration

• ·       Vision

• ·       Stamina

In my mind, this will mean that I have a team which is good on the ball that works hard and follows the tactics given. A group of players who can spot a pass and read the danger, an intelligent group of footballers.

Alongside that blueprint, for each position I have selected five extra attributes that I feel are important for the position and that’s how I am I’m scoring the players.

So first up is the keepers, I’ve included all keepers at the club.

Keepers.PNG

Conor has done well throughout the season but he’s probably not a Champions League quality keeper. For a sweeper keeper you can see above that he’s actually quite slow off the mark also.

I will definitely being scouting during the summer for a new number one but I won’t rush into it for the sake of it. Conor can be relied upon if there isn’t anyone available at an affordable price.

Next up we have the lads who can be called upon for a right complete wing back.

CWB R.PNG

Francis has been fantastic all season and a great signing. He’s really excelled in the role despite never having played here until this season.

Maguire has been a good back up and even young Milne has done well and played double figures this year. Maguire has been on a decline though this past year looking at his progress chart in game so this coming season could be a make or break year for him with regards to his future at the club.

BPD.PNG

Central defence has some strong options with Karabasevic and Betzer but academy graduates Aitken and Bell have been great when used also and I’m hoping Aitken can kick on and improve and become a starter. Bell will probably stay a squad player and reach no higher.

IWB L.PNG

Left hand side of defence next, I’m now playing with an inverted wing back for this position.

Loto, like Francis, has been phenomenal for me all year and will be off I think sadly as he has a £40m release clause and there is eight clubs all sniffing around.

Maguire has been a good deputy but I’ll definitely be looking to use the money coming in to uncover and sign a new boy for this spot.

Regista.PNG

Karabasevic and Stevenson have been filling this role mainly this season and both have been great. Ricky Campbell will get game time in this regista role next year as I shuffle around my midfielders.

I decided after our poor Champions League display this year that I needed to have a midfield destroyer in the side so here’s what I’m working with/who can play there.

BWM.PNG

New boy Song is my automatic starter but Campbell can do a job and young Shields is learning his trade and doing well in the role against lesser teams.

Mezzala.PNG

I’ve left the one mezzala in the engine room but now I have the inverted wing back drifting in to cover on his side so I’m not giving up on bodies in the middle and have some protection for my defence.

Masson is my number one here but Campbell, Burchill and McLaughlin all slot in and do well.

McLaughlin will probably leave this summer but I’m undecided on if I will reinvest.

Out on the right I have quite a few options.

RMD R.PNG

Núñez has been great all year and a real hit on the right but I have plenty cover for him as you can see.

RMD L.PNG

Not so many options for the left after Veliz left but both have done really well this year, when Pablo plays I switch the role slightly and play him as an inverted winger as he’s right footed but it’s been a great way to give him game time.

Poacher.PNG

I’ve mainly played Bircevic up top this year but academy boys McCroary and McCulloch have been fantastic when called upon and I’m keen to see how they grow over the next few seasons.

Edited by metallimuse

Summer Transfer Window 2036:

image.thumb.png.8a1e87f116ef642bb81d453bbe4d037f.png

A big transfer window so far for the club as we smashed our transfer record not once but twice as well as a few other records. The transfer's in and out are the biggest fee's paid and received in Scottish football history and the £45m paid for Koopowitz is a record fee paid for a South African.

Loto left the club for a Scottish record beating the previous record of £33m paid by PSG for Morellos just over a decade ago. McLaughlin also left for a decent fee as he wasn't likely to improve and he needed games for the good of his own career so I moved him on.

We had a huge hole at left back so we broke the bank for a young German who I'm sure will be a big success and I'm sure in the long run I will turn a profit on when he eventually leaves.

image.thumb.png.70c8a7d4d634bea0db0360becbdae689.png

We needed an improvement out on the left so we shopped around and settled on this lad...

image.thumb.png.2c9dcc1a221730c6fc4b0ced5fdd7356.png

...who's still young and I'm eager to see what he will bring.

I managed to bag this fella for between the sticks...

image.thumb.png.f3017118faabe79850a347bdb6614e5c.png

...for relatively little money. A few years for us and I'm sure he'll go for minimum £30m. 

Season 2036/37 Preview

image.thumb.png.b5c4fef72d0e470d0d0e310d5993fdb2.png

The bookies are finally starting to respect us and have again tipped us for the top. 

Five of my players are selected in the dream eleven.

image.thumb.png.d2da3b7e3f3b56767a946bb356c240f3.png

The board have requested we win the league and reach the finals of the domestic cups so we are now at the point when a poor season might signal the end of my time at the club. 

image.thumb.png.13ce044829920fd4e810b0fc9dea6180.png

Preseason has gone well and we're all set for the opening day visit of the teuchter's.

This season, as always, I'm expecting to win the league. Hopefully we can do well in Europe this season but I honestly don't know if I'd prefer to do well in the Champions League or drop down into the Europa and try and reach a final again.

I'm hoping that there won't be any more transfer's but the vultures are still circling around over Karabasevic, Núñez, Betzer and Burchill.

Summer Transfer Window 2036 (Update)

image.thumb.png.0dda4d40ced755065c2970597aec9bfa.png

Transfer deadline day resulted in big money bids coming in and heads were turned.

Francis has left for an outright biggest Scottish transfer fee received again as he goes to Newcastle for £50m. Betzer has gone to PSG for a fee that might top that as with add ons his transfer may bring in £54m. Both deals have future percentages involved so I'm sure I will be seeing more money come into the club at a later date.

Burchill also left as he thought he'd accomplished all he could at the club so I didn't want to stand in his way.

Karabasevic will now be a starting centre back dropping back from midfield in the short term as we search for a new Betzer and we signed this American international to come in to cover for Francis on the right of defence...

image.thumb.png.f07282c4000471c64b0bec6b59ce19d0.png

At 26 we probably might not get a huge resale value when the time comes but he will give us his best years and the scouts tell me he's consistent and enjoys big matches so hopefully he'll be a big hit for us.

August 2036/37

image.thumb.png.14b36b96cd80af841f79fdb5dc4a49a8.png

A one hundred percent start to the season has seen us retain our position at the top of the table.

Big wins and beautiful football on show both at the John Hunter Arena and also on the road.

We have advanced in the Betfred Cup and will face the Hibees in the Quarter Finals next month.

A very impressive four nil win at Ibrox capped the month off in fine style as we completely dominated the 'Gers.

image.thumb.png.7ff906e4c3b3d75274cec97363bfae6c.png

image.thumb.png.7f608681bce3098d177b325b61b94ba3.png

The draw for the Champions League Group has, again, not been kind...

image.thumb.png.8acfaf840a71a3cf545c79a6b2b9599a.png

We have last years Europa League fellow finalists Arsenal and the Italian giants Inter Milan so we might be looking at Europa League after Christmas again.

September 2036/37

image.thumb.png.660660238553b02339c989203d95c919.png

And the good times keep on rolling!

We brushed aside the Hibees in the Betfred Cup with goals from academy graduates Pablo and a beautiful snap shot from Masson 30 yards out.

We kicked off our Champions League campaign by welcoming Inter to the John Hunter Arena and bagged an opening day three points thanks to a seventieth minute penalty from Peng Song after Núñez took a tumble in the box.

League wins over St Mirren, in the North Lanarkshire derby and four goals from McCulloch in a five goal thriller meant we finish out the month still three points clear of the Bhoys in second.

image.thumb.png.30ff6e5e45798c02160d1a955a20ea64.png

image.thumb.png.437824408d61f74cff558eaae6c39754.png

The lads dominating the charts in the league.

October 2036/37

image.thumb.png.b395a74aa030db9e5405ae7f13a5006a.png

A tougher month this month started with a loss in the Champions League to Arsenal which was followed by dropping points for the first time in the domestic league to Dundee away.

We bounced back with a strong win at home to the Dons, Song bagging a double as Celtic stuttered with a draw in the Old Firm game.

With the Bhoys next up in the league I played a squad team for the game against Lech Poznań away in Poland and only managed a draw.

We avoided defeat against the Bhoys and finished off the month with a win away in Edinburgh against the Hibees which means we are five points clear.

image.thumb.png.2c116c85c04f42907c5cdae9865f28c2.png

image.thumb.png.f8741c7a38db433fc40953d46b0ad081.png

image.thumb.png.71177d47cb8acb7f91caa9fe1cd06d5e.png

After three games we still have a chance of making it to the knockout rounds in the Champions League.

November 2036/37

image.thumb.png.cd8252cf73f487fff274b6ad8f457bf6.png

A strong month and we've managed to secure Champions League football after Christmas with a game to spare!

We started the month beating Aberdeen in the Betfred Cup Semi Final, Nathan Aitken sending the ball into the back of the net with a bullet of a header from a corner.

Lech Poznań and Inter were beaten in very disciplined performances by a single goal in each game. My ball winning midfielder seems to be paying dividends this year in Europe.

We dropped some points up in the Highlands but managed to get eight goals in games against Killie and the Arabs including a hat-trick for Krychowiak.

image.thumb.png.3d7a345ca45c7d6b29cfaf257484977b.png

image.thumb.png.71019c3153da840cc6c205bb02c63fa4.png

On 02/03/2020 at 23:52, metallimuse said:

Aye I’m a Bluenose also but haven’t had a serious game with us for years on FM, far too much transfer activity in real life for me to want to begin a save with us as I’d sell half/three quarters of the squad and they’ve only just come in.

Past few years I’ve mainly done Aberdeen or Hearts saves but this year I wanted to have a stab with, well Killie actually but then they sold Taylor and I went with Motherwell instead as for my money they have a strong core group for the game.

Don't get me wrong, finances are restrictive as I’d love to be able to nab the likes of Hickey, Cochrane, Brophy, Magennis, Jason Kerr and Ross Doohan but...at least it’s a challenge lol.

I've a lot of catching up to do on this thread, but I'm a Celtic man and haven't managed us since FM was CM! It's much more fun to overthrow the big clubs.

51 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

I've a lot of catching up to do on this thread, but I'm a Celtic man and haven't managed us since FM was CM! It's much more fun to overthrow the big clubs.

Yeah it’s the first thing I do every year on release. Start a journeyman in Scotland with someone outside the Old Firm and do ten years or so over turning the big to then move onto a major league.

I hope you enjoy the read :brock:

December 2036/37

image.thumb.png.1862f342fe3a741cb41306616e24a6dd.png

A mixed bag for the festive month.

It started well with a good win over the 'Gers again before we went into the Betfred Cup Final against Hearts with Núñez firing home a jack hammer shot from the edge of the box to give us our, hopefully only, first taste of silverware this season.

I played some of the under 18's against Arsenal as it was a dead rubber of a game so we'll move on.

Three league games we dropped points in this month but we managed to beat Celtic so we haven't given up much at the top of the table.

Two points clear at the top as we head into the new year.

image.thumb.png.5bcfda5a3532a2015c4a497f72e9de68.png

image.thumb.png.90dbaeb85969d461d3e444eae59718ed.png

The boys are performing well individually in the charts as well as us sitting atop the table.

6 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Yeah it’s the first thing I do every year on release. Start a journeyman in Scotland with someone outside the Old Firm and do ten years or so over turning the big to then move onto a major league.

I hope you enjoy the read :brock:

Thoroughly enjoyed this, mate. You've transformed your club. Really felt for you with that Arsenal defeat, but your time in Europe is coming!

11 hours ago, withnail316 said:

Thoroughly enjoyed this, mate. You've transformed your club. Really felt for you with that Arsenal defeat, but your time in Europe is coming!

Thanks for the kind words, I've really enjoyed putting the thread together and documenting my career.

I thought with the Arsenal game it was written in the stars. 150 years as a club, I'd almost given up on the save and come back, I was gutted but it's given me hope that maybe European success in one of the competitions can happen some day.

January 2036/37

image.thumb.png.eb703efcd38a44f649a722f4970fb42a.png

Ladies and gentleman we have a title fight in our midst.

A great return for us at the turn of the new year as we win four out of five games including our Scottish Cup 4th round tie against League One boys East Fife.

We dropped two points at home to the teuchters but other than that our thread bare squad has made it through the month in fine form. We've had a few injuries and two players have been away on African Cup duty most of the month but we've done well.

What was Simone Inzaghi's Bhoys are breathing right down our necks with only two points in it as German Aaron Hunt now takes the reigns.

image.thumb.png.180d120c8a4d5d4b7f186707291a3264.png

image.thumb.png.584a066bcbad8bbf4f45d90b7d707ea6.png

image.thumb.png.a06ca9ea002fb6b20e96da2c6b814382.png

Winter Transfer Window 2037:

image.thumb.png.f149d8361d83a0a795746a02e4802836.png

We've had some further dealings in the transfer window.

An offer came in for 28 year old Krychowiak who fancied a change of pace so I let him leave.

To replace him out on the left wing as a raumdeuter we brought in this young lad...

image.thumb.png.b6aba6eaac97bc3ab930da791b07ac3a.png

Already a fully fledged international and although his finishing isn't quite there I think he can go on and become a huge talent and someone who I can sell on for a massively inflated fee when the time is right.

We needed a bit of back up at the back so I brought in this fella by meeting his release clause of  only £1.6m...

image.thumb.png.cb6596fab751f9b8d2bc16f6cf48a338.png

He's already 25 and not likely to improve much but he can play all over the back and at that price and decent enough stats it seemed a no brainer. His value's already doubled so if my newgens coming through are actually good I can move him on in a year or two for a small profit I'm sure.

Another season and again we've done good business and turned a profit in the market despite laying out record breaking fee's as a club and within our nation.

February 2036/37

image.thumb.png.e5098e4019995823ed23e9a99783d186.png

There will be no treble this year as we crash out of the Scottish Cup in the fifth round to Dundee courtesy of a late goal from a corner.

The Champions League looks unlikely either as we are currently trailing Manchester United 2-1 after the home tie.

We also lost our first league game of the season to rivals Hamilton in an absolute spanking. We lost our lead in the table after the game on goal difference but thankfully Celtic dropped points in the game after and we managed to regain top spot.

Other than that it was wins in all our other games.

image.thumb.png.62fe54306679cb98e702a9d06cf45b96.png 

image.thumb.png.913bc24349bb246915f1838b169c0565.png

Youth Intake 2037

image.png

image.png

A terrible intake and I've only signed three, all of which have poor personalities.

image.png

image.png

image.png

My Head Of Youth Development will be replaced as it's been some time since we got any gems come through.

Edited by metallimuse

March 2036/37

image.thumb.png.cab0e5eeb06fae789df82e6a17235222.png

A literal mixed bag of a month, won two lost two.

Two big wins in the league over the Dons and Dundee and loses to Man Utd in the return leg and the Hibees in the league.

Luckily for us Celtic have dropped points this month and with one game left before the split we find ourselves three points clear.

Who is that game against you ask? Well, just to the team directly below us...the Bhoys.

The title race is getting exciting now!

image.thumb.png.f5e214de9b366c04f2133cf99173db30.png

image.thumb.png.3ed606cd9cdb36ac6a94ec199c163c30.png

April 2026/37

image.thumb.png.df0169159afe1d0b97a65cfe8666a088.png

A huge win in the last game before the split as we beat fellow title challengers Celtic at the John Hunter Arena to go six points clear. We conceded a lot of the ball but stifled them to only seven shots all game.

It could have all been in vain as we only managed a draw against the Hibees and lost to the Teddy Bears at Ibrox but thankfully the Bhoys have followed suit by drawing with Dundee and losing to Hibs.

Next game up is Celtic, win and we're champions, or four points from nine will do it.

image.thumb.png.c2650c05a0ef2371c20cd967c9370ba7.png

image.thumb.png.aff94dd6f37fac42a5775bcbddbaacaf.png

May 2036/37

image.thumb.png.642c1f398f367d4354396dac07545801.png

We've limped our way through the top six split but it came down to #HelicopterSunday for the first time in a while and finally the lads found their form and got the three points needed to secure the title again for four in a row.

image.thumb.png.fa5a1689b2083b2a07f4e58622833b5a.png

image.thumb.png.b2e8a6c3cd873144b30a1f471ba211a6.png

End of season review to follow soon as well as in depth end of year player analysis and plans for the close season.

Season 2036/37 End of Year Review:

image.thumb.png.58a3e072c2bc7c1d106d09e6ea93d2f3.png

image.thumb.png.c278204862269483f72b27482f45d03a.png

image.thumb.png.9a1039f1600f6af60dd33395bad5c5e3.png

Well, what can we say about the season just gone?

It was a solid season considering some big players, cornerstones of my starting eleven, had left.

Three of my four starting back four in Betzer, Francis and Loto left before the end of the summer transfer window followed by Burchill and McLaughlin who had spent many years at the club and were solid squad players to be called upon.

It was a season of taking stock and consolidating.

Celtic were incredibly strong this year and their defence was so mean, I think they kept something like 27 clean sheets out of 38 games, a fantastic record.

The new signings have all done very well with Donkor on the right of defence being dependable along with Montemuiño who came in at the start of the new year and played all over the back to great effect. Qin on the left of defence is considered 'world class' and you can see how well he performed over the season above.

My two African boys had a mixed bag but I think I need to have a think over my attacking options now the season's over to really get the best of everyone going forward.

There was only 4 players in the squad who didn't hit a minimum 6.9 average rating for the season so we are very consistent around the squad.

A cup and a league and making it out of the Champions League group stage must be considered a success of a season so overall I'm happy with how it went.

I'll talk about my thoughts of where I want to take the club in the next post when I do my in depth player analysis but my initial thoughts are that with no youngster's coming through at the club the last few years then it might be that this summer we look a bit closer to home for any recruits with more of a longer term view as my champions league registration is starting to look a balancing act.

Player Analysis 2036/37

I haven’t tinkered with the scoring this year other than to add two extra columns to quote last year’s percentage and the difference. So let’s get down to the review.

Key.PNG

Sweeper Keeper.PNG

We can see instantly that van Ottele is better than Conor and sadly Conor has not improved over the past twelve months, probably due to the fact that he is now a cup keeper and not a main starter.

CWB R.PNG

Donkor, Maguire and Montemuiño were mainly used on the right of defence this year but young Liam Ross got a few games there in the first half of the season. Maguire has had a small increase over the year.

Next up we have the ball playing defenders and I’m shocked to see that Karabasevic has dropped by 1.33% considering he’s rated as one of our best players and he has a few clubs sniffing around him.

BPD.PNG

Equally academy graduate Lee Bell has jumped up by 1.33%. There must be some correlation there but I can’t see it. Both have played roughly the same amount of games over the past two years so I’m stumped.

Aitkin dropped a little but nothing I’m going to worry over.

IWB L.PNG

Qin is without a doubt the best player in my entire squad and Dortmund and Munich are both swirling around so I don’t think I’ll get to see a year on year growth for him but you can see from the percentage he’s head and shoulders above everyone else on the left hand side of defence.

Maguire stayed the same and I played young Liam Ross there a few times at the start of the season and he did very well.

Regista.PNG

Again, Karabasevic has dropped in stats for another role and worryingly looks like he’s on a downward curve.

Song has improved a touch over the past year and Campbell a touch more than him even so this isn’t a position I need to be concerned about this summer in the market.

Stevenson has dropped a bit but had consistent good performances over the season so I’m not too concerned.

So, to the engine room of the team…

BWM.PNG

Just look at that improvement from young Liam Ross! I checked it once, checked it twice and a third time and it’s correct. It’s incredible to see and he will be getting lots of game time next season as a result, not that he was short on appearances last year making thirty starts.

Young academy graduate Martin Shields has improved very well over the past twelve months also so he will need more game time next year also to see how much more he can improve.

Song dropped a bit in this role so in light of the developments of Ross and Shields I might push him back into the regista role more moving forward, same with Campbell who had a pronounced drop. Campbell may have more time in the next slot to review though next year.

My mezzala role. Again Ross and Shields have had big big improvements.

Mezzala.PNG

Núñez was played here quite a bit to fit him and Zoran both into the starting eleven and did very well.

Masson had game time here as well but has not improved over the past twelve months.

RMD R.PNG

The right hand side of the park now and Zoran has improved a touch over the year as has Núñez.

Plenty of options here and indeed many of the players are skilled enough to rotate around from here, the left and up top.

RMD L.PNG

Same thing for the left really.

Koopowitz has been my first choice here but next season we’ll have to see how form is and see if we can keep both him and Zoungrana happy with game time.

Pablo has dipped but he’s a great back up to have.

And finally up top.

Poacher.PNG

Masson has dropped off a touch but that’s probably due to not getting enough games up there as we have so many options now and young McCulloch needed game time as as you can see he’s come on leaps and bounds.

Zoran had games up top and has improved.

Lots of options as I said before with the front three and I’ve also got a lad in the reserves from my academy who looks to be a great talent.

So, overall…ups and downs obviously. Interesting to see but I don’t think I can make huge conclusions yet but more in a few years of tracking these things.

There’s no position that I need to go out and strengthen this summer. As I alluded to in my previous post I plan to scout around Scotland more closely this year and try and bring in a few lads to go into my reserves and try and improve them for a few years down the road to come into my first team.

Of course this could all change depending on clubs coming in for the lads and heads getting turned.

Edited by metallimuse

Season 2037/38 Preview:

image.thumb.png.f82e9c89a351234e58b14efc0883591b.png

image.thumb.png.eed44ec3734d422a73d057ab19c5c1fa.png

So the bookies still make us favourites for the title this year despite no transfer activity by us so far.

The board now expect us to win the league every year and expect us in the final of both domestic cups so will be interesting to see what happens if I have a bad season in the future.

My expectations are now what the board want so we are in sync.

Pre-season has been fantastic...

image.thumb.png.5cb05948eb545b4cca778a0c5f4edb74.png

As I said, there has been no transfer activity at the club and I've so far been unable to unearth any Scottish gems around the country.

Clubs are showing interest in Sheilds, McCulloch, Ross, Koopowitz, Núñez, Montemuiño and wee Pablo so we could see activity soon if they actively want to leave.

August 2037/38

image.thumb.png.c64097e718a475e958aa38d4086dfa03.png

Our now typical blistering start to a season continues as we smoke everyone put in front of us.

Núñez bagged us the goal on the opening day of the season before we really found our form in a mauling of the Dons.

We played a full team of squad players against the diamonds in the cup and made it a bit trickier for ourselves but wee Pablo popped up in injury time with a deft finish from the edge of the box to set us up with a Quarter Final Betfred Cup tie with the Arabs next month.

St Mirren gave us a tough game of it next up in the league, a game made harder after Shields got himself sent off for a reckless challenge in the attacking half, pointless.

Another mauling this time against newly promoted Ayr United ended the season and four out of five scorers were academy graduates so great to see.

We sit atop the table already...

image.thumb.png.55b48627599b9ab5fd59e160db2af554.png

image.thumb.png.ca93849df5add60645d51372980eea27.png

The Champions League draw has been made and we've got a tricky group but we'll certainly give it a go...

image.thumb.png.2e9f457d0fd025e053f4422ef66b0148.png

September 2037/38

image.thumb.png.4cb45b084629f9ee73bb571c0188886a.png

A much tougher month this month and we're already out of the Betfred Cup sadly.

A draw away at Celtic Park was acceptable before we started our Champions League campaign with a win away in Holland.

We absolutely obliterate Dundee United, despite having only 39% possession we had 47 shots in the game.

We then lost the Lanarkshire derby in the Quarter Finals of the Betfred Cup before losing to the Jambo's away in Edinburgh.

We then battered Monaco much the same as Dundee United and restricted them to only 5 shots all game but could only come away with a draw but we're still four points from the two hardest teams in the group so looking healthy.

Second in the league at the month end but only by a point so that's nothing to worry about.

image.thumb.png.bd8896ac50710d11d65ec3c081aeaf75.png

image.thumb.png.9df31ecef8562204c701ba9c312da13b.png

October 2037/38

image.thumb.png.42362903e16ceec499c033dbb0f7801d.png

Back to a solid month as we record a 100% month including the Champions League.

Our play has been phenomenal and we are battering teams with shots created. We might concede possession but we are so quick on the counter.

We got our revenge on Hamilton for dumping us out of the cup before we welcomed Caley and put them to the sword.

A huge win over the Turkish champs before we recorded a big win over the 'Gers at Ibrox and then finished off the month with a win at home to Dundee.

Still second in the league but only a point behind the Bhoys and still top of our Champs League group.

image.thumb.png.57d4a3299517ee06ae37df6c2665f2b3.png

image.thumb.png.ce0f33fad210d9f3c28337f18276b96b.png

image.thumb.png.b9be18a14432e66507f78fde32b72434.png

November 2037/38

image.thumb.png.94611663f8fae8e7ad71ea1a9032c2dd.png

Another solid month and we've secured Champions League football after Christmas with a game to spare.

Big wins over Fenerbahçe and a famous demolishing of Feyenoord has secured us passage into the lucrative knockout rounds.

We dropped points against the Hibees but we were lucky to get a point as we were actually two nil down and had to rely on Masson getting a double from midfield to bring us back into it.

Narrow wins over the Buddies and the Dons rounded out the month.

image.thumb.png.e0c130b020d12644bef8058a10484d9a.png

image.thumb.png.80337e0ffd11de3bd8bb1863347d24ad.png

image.thumb.png.9d69517f7a1f578130df115992668706.png

December 2037/38

image.thumb.png.555ba04fa27fb488fa430fc2393d7a1e.png

A perfect month domestically and only blighted by the draw in the final Champions League game.

After going toe to toe for the past month we welcomed Celtic and made easy work of it, I really couldn't believe what I was seeing. A double from Masson and a double from Zoungrana and we were back to being on level points with them in the league.

Further big wins followed over Hearts and Rangers with blistering counter attacking football being on show alongside some narrow wins over other teams who I thought we'd beat more easily but three points is three points and on the final weekend of the year Celtic finally dropped points again with a loss away at Aberdeen which will take us top if we win our game in hand.

image.thumb.png.efbbe8410d42d9352319a35884d6d69a.png

image.thumb.png.d895086c6f0fe79856609ef266b46a75.png

January 2037/38

image.thumb.png.23cb3e9f7cf08dc3b240ecc98424e376.png

We started off the turn of the year continuing in fine form with three wins before we ended the month dropping points with two draws against Hibs and St. Mirren.

The draw with the Hibees was our game in hand so instead of being three points clear at the top it's only a paper thin one point lead that we have.

Luckily with our draw away to the Buddies the Bhoys only managed a draw of their own at Paradise to the Jambos.

Next month we have a double header against Celtic as we take them on in the Scottish Cup fifth round as well as visiting them at Parkhead days later.

image.thumb.png.442ece1197889c726788073105b0c9d0.png

image.thumb.png.712f0bbe04b9b7d4e74ab8f7767c8d79.png

As you can see in the player stats above, the lads are lighting up the league.

In transfer news there has been no action in or out but Conor Leitch has expressed an opinion that he wants a new challenge so I've begun the search for a new, young keeper to come in and act as our cup keeper with a view to succeeding van Ottele in a few seasons.

February 2037/38

image.thumb.png.c027811a65903e1d6fbc5a34436cf9c3.png

A tough month by our standards.

The double header against the Bhoys turned into a triple header as we drew our first game in the cup, lost in the league and then lost in the cup reply :(

We narrowly lost to Italian heavyweights Juventus at the death in the Allianz Arena after a great performance. It gives me hope for the return leg at the John Hunter Arena.

Our one win of the month came at home thanks to a McCulloch double.

Still top of the league and with a game in hand so the league is still in our hands.

image.thumb.png.c7cdc7d976b0b7dd38941d2775d9dc48.png

image.thumb.png.bb6e54803fe431119426d9618d30728e.png

March 2037/38

image.thumb.png.8ed202a1a5b7e8550d369fe8671927fc.png

A great month for us kicked off with a win in the Lanarkshire derby before we slipped on a banana skin away in Edinburgh by losing to the Jambos.

We rebounded by winning the rest of our league games including an important two nil win over Rangers away at Ibrox.

We lost the return leg against Juventus and bowed out of the Champions League in a rather limp fashion and played very flat and unimaginative.

As we head into the top six split we sit atop of the table by three points.

image.thumb.png.ca2b216191c0a1084d8d32f448011828.png

image.thumb.png.f47a7b5030f1e0d644971c5d3a66a809.png

April 2037/38

image.thumb.png.27d0e076e837ea13d7e7a88473b801b9.png

Just the one game this month and it was a tough, tense affair as we went to Celtic Park and battled out a one all draw.

van Ottele unfortunately got an own goal to his name as a fierce shot rebounded off the frame of the goal and struck him to go in the back of the net. Song grabbed us an equalizer with a deft finish to a lovely mazy run from Koopowitz.

Núñez is out for the month after a crunching challenge on the hour mark.

image.thumb.png.2bb352c14aa0b60194725d16decd0581.png

image.thumb.png.d5d02e5c6f4ddaa97662c9e8f59e3d1c.png