Scouting: why such "weird" results? (real question)

I need guidance.  Playing an English club at the moment (Championship).  I put leagues from the "the European Five" on, at least, three level (when possible).  I didn't touched the "details level" at the start of the save, just selected the leagues.  Yet, when I go into the scouting section, player search tab, the results I get are about: 60% English clubs, 30% Italian clubs and the remaining 10% are players from French clubs, Spanish clubs and German clubs...  I find it weird since if it goes like that, in about 10 years, there should be about as much Italian players than "UK countries" in the English top leagues clubs...  Here is my set-up.  Any guidance to make the results different (i.e. more balanced between the leagues) would be more than welcome...

Here are the leagues and details from my save.

image.thumb.png.738ef1eee15ef8f9cafb2e359c48afb9.png

image.thumb.png.aee09b9bf4a034c9a34830075aadcdd6.png (I have the screen caps for all the right side if it is absolutely needed btw...)

Edited by Rien102

If your scouting package is just Championship and below then your scouts will concentrate on England. At least, that should be the case when finding players and suggesting them.

I don't really use the player search myself, but having a look now I get a nice mix of players until I click on 'interested in transfer', which I think might be on by default. Once I am searching for players interested the selection limits to a more focused selection.

The players that you are seeing may also have something to do with your initial save setup. Did you select the save to load any extra players? You have four leagues from England and just two from the others, so I would think there will be more English players in your game for that reason. What database size did you select?

The detail level is used to simulate the football that is played in various competitions. It will mean you can view goals and highlights in competitions selected for higher detail. It won't make more players available. I don't know exactly how it works, but I don't think lesser detail fully uses the match engine to simulate games. Try watching goals from Serie A and you won't be able to because the games are not fully simulated.

il y a 25 minutes, anagain a dit :

Championship and below then your scouts will concentrate on England

Oh, I might have specified.  What I find weird as nothing to do with showing me players from English clubs.  What I find weird is that there is so SO many players from Italian clubs!

il y a 26 minutes, anagain a dit :

your initial save setup

As I said in the orginal post, I didn't touch the levels of details for any leagues/countries.  I knew English clubs/leagues would be full details since I was going to manage there.  Italy doesn't have more details than the other "big three" remaining countries so why does players from these clubs are so proeminent compared to French clubs? or German or Spanish clubs?

6 minutes ago, Rien102 said:

Oh, I might have specified.  What I find weird as nothing to do with showing me players from English clubs.  What I find weird is that there is so SO many players from Italian clubs!

As I said in the orginal post, I didn't touch the levels of details for any leagues/countries.  I knew English clubs/leagues would be full details since I was going to manage there.  Italy doesn't have more details than the other "big three" remaining countries so why does players from these clubs are so proeminent compared to French clubs? or German or Spanish clubs?

Have a look through your staff, perhaps you have an Italian staff member, or at least a staff member with knowledge of Italy. That could explain why your club knows about a lot more Italian players than German/Spanish/French ones.

I see. Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you wanted more foreign players.

What Freakiie said sounds very plausible. I am currently managing Bangor in Wales and I had a lot of Italian players and staff when I started. I would get suggested a fair few Italian players in my scout reports.

il y a 38 minutes, Freakiie a dit :

perhaps you have an Italian staff member, or at least a staff member with knowledge of Italy

hmmm...  1 staff is Italian (goalkeeper coach) out of 24 in total and other than him, I have another staff (data analyst) that knows about 15% of Italy...

image.thumb.png.a428d1954a864a267ae551f5ff35e852.png

This is just weird... or depressing since I just love developping players and by bringing me scout reports from Italian clubs, full of "old geezers" above 31 years old!, I feel the need to cry! :lol:

Edited by Rien102