[FM20] Lost in Paisley

Carambau

12 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Unlucky in the Champions League.

Yes, only one more goal and we would have at least reached the Europa League knockout rounds. Additionally, the group stage showed how far we are from the real good clubs.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2025/2026 JANUARY - APRIL 2026

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

DfvT9Pz.png

Two defeats, one of them AT HOME to Dundee?!? Shows how they have grown - they are in fourth place in the league.

EQ64jjo.png

Two points behind Celtic, the race is still on.

SCOTTISH CUP

z2NEbiL.png

We make the semis but then again the old foe is too strong.

NEWS

TLqkL3h.png

At least one of them looks decent.

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2025/2026 APRIL - MAY 2026

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

zxz6D6b.png

Losing both games vs the old firm won´t win you a title.

ZFhXzen.png

Its second place in the end. I am ok with the campaign. We will try to challenge again next season.

END OF SEASON STATS

N/A

I forgot to take a screenshot of the teams stats after the last match, so there is no visual this time, sorry for that! January signing Brekalo did a great job in his first months for the club, he will be a good player for us. Kalley will have to fight hard for his place. Top scorer this season was veteran Hinterseer with 17 goals, followed by Shakes with 14. Best player of the season statswise was Magennis again - BUT! He will leave us for free after the season, as he did not want to extend his contract. Stade Rennes of France are the lucky ones to sign him. A great player is leaving us. But we have good young players to replace him in the long term.

NEWS

mTk4Upx.png

Good news for our central defender. Congratulations!

Edited by Carambau

On 30/03/2020 at 22:40, Nobby_McDonald said:

Another good season.

Surely, but could have been slightly better ;)

On 31/03/2020 at 10:43, metallimuse said:

Always gutting to lose it in the split after the slog of the season.

In the words of Slippy G, "We go again".

Yeah, but we are used to it by now :)

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2026/2027 JUNE - JULY 2027

TRANSFERS

pPQjrPu.png

Kyle Magennis is gone. A fantastic servant for the club. His performances will always be remembered. We let a lot of contracts run out: Greg Docherty, Ethan Erhahon, Tom Dingwall, Mario Gotze, Christian Benteke  and Andy Wilkinson all leave us. We had to cut the wage bill and bring in better and younger quality.

N4lNQD7.png

• Pedro Zuleta is a 23yo colombian defensive midfielder from Rosenborg and thus has norwegian as second nationality as well so no work permit issues for him
  • Emil Ceide also comes from Rosenborg and is a norwegian U21 international. He can play on both wings
  • Chilean International Marcelo Manriquez (19) is a signing from Catolica. Bags of potential there and he already IS very good

SQUAD OVERVIEW

dQCAK9I.png

Absolutely no changes in goal.

G4FTSgY.png

Same goes for our defence. Brekalo will surely break into the first team in the long term.

XVrn3hC.png

Magennis is gone but we got Beck, Ruiz, Ceide and Fraser. And skipper Krauss is now our most important player.

jrV5deS.png

New signing Manriquez will lead our attack. The other two surely will have to replace him when he gets tired.

WORLD CUP 2026

SSnaO41.pngAtrsbxw.png

rZdGbRu.png

In the end always Germany wins. Like in the ancient saying.

Edited by Carambau

17 hours ago, metallimuse said:

No Magennis or Erhahon, it's a brave new world you forged ahead in ;)

Oh yes! Especially Magennis will be missed. I never liked Erhahon somehow though, might be because he never really had a fixed Position in our tactical lineup. I wonder which club will snap him up :)

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2026/2027 JULY

TRANSFER UPDATE

iTXxFNi.png

We could not decline the 10M offer from Roma for our best defender.

PhHINjZ.png

But at least we sign a fantastic talented defender to replace him in the long term.

SodngfZ.png

Eddie Ferrier is only 17 years old and already plays for the Scottish U21 team.

NrgAGwH.png

Ralston could not cope with being benched for Borges and wanted to leave.

QxBBzah.png

Veteran Williamson replaces him.

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2026/2027 AUGUST & SEPTEMBER

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

F12ZbfF.png

Nice start to the season by beating the old firm. Pity we only drew with Dundee Utd.

DapJC0t.png

Second behind the old rival. But we got a game in hand.

LEAGUE CUP

onJjwLE.png

Easy draws, easy wins.

eXVC2sn.png

Aberdeen should not pose a big thread. And we play at home.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

XthqvKy.png

That was damn close! If Ruiz had not scored in the 93rd minute against Monaco, we would be playing Europa League football by now. But he did.

rjUJxXJ.png

And so we ended up in another group of death. But we manage to labour to two goalless draws against the giants.

AWfx9Lb.png

Does not look too bad. But there are still four matches to play of course.

NEWS

XmbKJxy.png

The media seem to slowly recognize that we are contenders. First time we end up ahead of Rangers. Nice to see.

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2026/2027 OCTOBER, NOVEMBER & DECEMBER

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

RHztn8x.png

The great run continues. We are looking very stable, especially in defence, this season.

7PHamAF.png

Six points ahead and one game in hand still. We are cruising.

2gcuiTw.png

Both our strikers lead the scoring chart.

LEAGUE CUP

NYQV2fU.png

An easy win against Aberdeen and we made in the final against our old rival Celtic...

Spoiler

As5RtPX.png

...where Manriquez makes short work of them! Another League Cup win for St. Mirren FC!

vJNQYLl.png

Let´s celebrate!

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

symUR27.png

Great group stage results for us. We only lose once, at Anfield. We kept our nerve and won the decisive game against Milan at home.

nMLgoXC.png

The first time we make it out of the CL group stage.

pDrja1f.png

And it won´t get easier - we will play the German Giants next. I would consider us the underdog in this tie. But we will see.

NEWS

zBHBTlp.png

A new affiliate, this time a Championship side.

Kdtnm9g.png

Meh. Youth Intakes at St. Mirren FC seem to be a waste of time lately.

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2026/2027 JANUARY - APRIL 2027

WINTER TRANSFERS

pK5vv3D.png

There was no way to prevent Beck from leaving us. Hinterseer leaves as well.

Cs4k43A.png

• Paul Gay is a young Scottish striker to make up for Hinterseers departure
  • Fitzpatrick will cover on the wings. Just a backup, nothing more. And Scottish

5XjYjF5.png

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

zVRlTJY.png

We did not concede ONE SINGLE GOAL in 3 months! Never had that before. Our defence is just unbelievable.

EIYxk4p.png

The title is ours to lose.

SCOTTISH CUP

YCLU1RI.png

We fly into the final.

tD7ojuO.png

This time it´s Hibs. Sounds easier than Celtic.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

d1Wkaex.png

We manage to win the first leg at home, but Bayern show us we have a long way to go still.

YOUTH INTAKE

sp5sMwz.png

This must be our worst intake ever.

NEWS

jgmyCYw.png

Our boy is the Golden Boy! Might be that his stats from Catolicas last season might have been counted in as well here. And yes, this award is player-biased.

Edited by Carambau

Wow!

That is one hell of a defence you have there :applause:.

Title is yours and well done for getting out of that group of death in the Champions League. That's one cookie I can't seem to crumble in my save.

You still fully invested in the save? I must admit I'm starting to think of an end point for mine.

5 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Wow!

That is one hell of a defence you have there :applause:.

Title is yours and well done for getting out of that group of death in the Champions League. That's one cookie I can't seem to crumble in my save.

You still fully invested in the save? I must admit I'm starting to think of an end point for mine.

4 hours ago, metallimuse said:

On the topic of your self admitted poor youth intakes, can you put up a screen shot of your HOYD profile and a shot of a list of your under 18s staff including their personalities please?

You are right there... theres always a time in my saves when you come to a point when you think you have achieved everything at your club (we are the no.1 club in Scotland by now according to the domestic club chart)... ok there is still europe to conquer, but this can get very frustrating soon when it takes too long until you get some silverware there... Im still well enjoying this save though, I love especially when a youngster who grew at our club gets his first cap or gets an award. And I am excited about the new signings we made for next season which you will see in the next update :)

I will post the HOY and staff screens when I get home hopefully (still at work...)

Have to admit I did not pay that much attention to my youth setup yet...

Edited by Carambau

Ahh well, if you’ve not invested in your youth set up and staff that’s probs the reason why the newgens are poor.

I went the opposite and spent next to nothing in the transfer market for the first 5/6 years and developed the club which is why my regens have been of good standard. They have waned the past couple of years though which has been frustrating.

On 14/04/2020 at 20:55, metallimuse said:

Ahh well, if you’ve not invested in your youth set up and staff that’s probs the reason why the newgens are poor.

I went the opposite and spent next to nothing in the transfer market for the first 5/6 years and developed the club which is why my regens have been of good standard. They have waned the past couple of years though which has been frustrating.

Yeah, seems like I really overlooked the youth setup at St. Mirren, no surprise the intakes were so bad... You did great doing it your way, always interesting how different people approach the game :)Here´s my HOYD and U18 staff:

Spoiler

P9WW1YB.png

c58087C.png

2AcXt5q.png

zflUbNY.png

tTmCHFC.png

Bq8wE7D.png

Edited by Carambau

5 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Yeah I would defo be overhauling them all. I always have strong personalities as I think it helps to develop the kids. It defo has an effect on the intake if your HOYD has a weak attitude.

Yeah I think its about time I give our youth setup a closer look :)

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2026/2027 APRIL - MAY 2027

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

4etDYuW.png

Well, not a big surprise in the end regarding the lead before the split.

rXT7HVJ.png

100 points. An unbeaten season. We are the Champions!

EATQYfP.jpg

The fans love it!

ktbVMqt.png

Topscorer of the SPL

E87yMTZ.png

7LQ8hcW.png

yht096F.png

TCqfr5s.png

BesQkdP.png

This is our striker.

SCOTTISH CUP

GvnSRUf.png

This was easier than expected. We win the Scottish Treble!

END OF SEASON STATS

KsIgjFG.png

What a season. And the stats to prove it. Just look at Lenny Borges´17 assists this season! And he´s our right back! Only Ceide comes close with 16, but he is a winger and expected to do so. Central defender Pleic boasts the best average rating together with midfield skipper Krauss. Dingwall and Morrison were his ideal partners in defence. Youngster Ferrier made 13 appearances and did well. New signing Zuleta fit right in and impressed. Brekalo ruled the left side and overtook Kalley. In midfield Ruiz and Ceide ran the show on the wings while Nogueira and Krauss defended the center. In attack, Shakes had a really really good season, but was overshadowed by our player of the season: Marcelo Manriquez. 39 goals in 58 matches. What a season indeed.

NEWS

1uXXRBC.png

Our U18 team wins the league as well.

eWQo2eM.png

Good news for our right back. Congratulations!

p5MlYCY.png

We are now officially the best club in Scotland!

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2026/2027 JUNE - JULY 2027

TRANSFERS

CPWQxzK.png

Kays Ruiz leaves for Bundesliga side Freiburg after his contract ran out. He did not want to sign a new one as he thought he had achieved everything here. Anthony Shakes, who impressed West Ham with his strong performances last season, also leaves us.

ruHfQM2.png

• Striker Harry Wilson is a young Scottish Manchester United academy product who made his way into the first team there already
  • Scottish international Oliver Burke joins from West Brom. He should become the successor of Ruiz on the left wing
  • Allan Park is a backup striker who can also play on the right wing
  • Scott Martin will be nothing more than a backup in central midfield
  • Graham Evans returns after his time at Dundee United. He is only a backup as well

SQUAD OVERVIEW

2uESFh4.png

Again, no changes in goal.

RsSvCvA.png

Same goes for our defence. Brekalo has overtaken Kalley on the left side. I´m excited to give 18 year old Ferrier more games and watch his development.

C6pPCWn.png

Burke will occupy the left wing, Gary Willox joins from our U18s where he impressed last season. Expect no big changes here.

uxQ0qXj.png

Wilson and Manriquez should be a deadly duo on paper. Let´s see if they can live up to that hype. Gay and Park will also get their minutes.

NEWS

C5cIsKD.png

Investment into our youth facilities has started.

OKKLifY.png

A lot of staff changes for our U18 team but if we want to grow, we have to start somewhere.

Edited by Carambau

2 hours ago, metallimuse said:

OMG what a season for Manriquez! AND for the team, a treble is unbelievable stuff and a domestic season unbeaten is stuff of dreams.

Did not expect that myself before the season but I take it :)

Next: Try to bring in more Scottish players, upgrade the youth academy and try to be successful in europe!

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2027/2028 AUGUST & SEPTEMBER

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

oTlW12D.png

Two draws in seven games. We are not used to that anymore. But our defence is rock solid.

znZ18A6.png

Celtic lead the table, Aberdeen slightly behind.

LEAGUE CUP

wX0zBvk.png

First we beat Dundee after penalties...

NCUUfHZ.png

...then we lose to Hearts after penalties. And we are out.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

75jBecF.png

A fantastic start into this years Champions League for us. Europe here we come! (Ok... its only two games...)

izNYfKs.png

Eight goals, zero conceded, 6 points. Top of the table.

NEWS

POPzSZb.png

Hopefully the first of many.

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2027/2028 OCTOBER, NOVEMBER & DECEMBER

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

hWjAxIY.png

One draw against Rangers. We are picking up pace again.

xpgup6L.png

Three points, thats not enough.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

LAqDxmN.png

A great group stage for us. No defeat and we top the group.

ZzNsOZj.png

Porto finish ahead of Juventus, now thats a surprise.

4mjfth8.png

AS Roma. Italian teams are always hard.

NEWS

rjEw5Mo.png

Well, wait and see.

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2027/2028 JANUARY - APRIL 2028

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

OUG1IWO.png

The unbeaten run goes on. We conceded two goals.

uiPzDzF.png

Seven points ahead pre-split.

SCOTTISH CUP

qiDP5Gm.png

I let the 2nd team play in the cups and it shows. We concede more goals and its much more harder to win.

snM8w32.png

The old rival Celtic.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

qTHqf9q.png

We smash Roma at home and reach the quarter finals!

CAMn7vo.png

There is nothing to lose for us.

YOUTH INTAKE

f491ZrR.png

Crappy intake again, despite our changes. Guess we have to wait some longer for changes to take effect.

Edited by Carambau

13 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

You've smashed Scotland. Now for Europe...

We will give our best ;)

13 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Do you sign all your intake each year?

What is your junior coaching and facilities like? This will have a big bearing on your intake.

XgUg6ZR.png

We are only just beginning. I usually let the DOF sign the intake players.

Edited by Carambau

28 minutes ago, Carambau said:

XgUg6ZR.png

We are only just beginning. I usually let the DOF sign the intake players.

If you did get a good player come through it would be an anomaly with that infrastructure in honesty so I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on it just yet. 

Does your DOF have good scouting stats?

I've never worked like that in all honesty, I'm too heavily focused on youth promotion in my saves to leave it to someone else to sign the players. Always been intrigued by trying a big club and have a DOF be responsible for all signings and see what I could do with it as it would take me out of my comfort zone and force me to adapt my game play a bit.

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2027/2028 APRIL - MAY 2028

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

tLtMYMS.png

Undefeated again. A good season. (Ok, the season before was better)

WR4cRlY.png

100 points. Again. The magic number obviously.

EATQYfP.jpg

We did it again!

iPBtKPW.png

The manager of Ross County doesn´t like me.

SCOTTISH CUP

aPEJgTp.png

Looks tougher than it was in the end.

END OF SEASON STATS

CWiMzyI.png

I just let the stats speak for themselves.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Ag64Yja.png

It was a quick affair in the quarter finals. The less said the better.

ogoN3mO.png

But a least one of our players left his mark in europe..

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS

GnaZl8v.png

Look at that! Scotland did not only qualify for the tournament, they eventually made it out of their group as winners!

ZZQpu4D.png

It was over soon after that but still... Italy won it in the end.

Edited by Carambau

12 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

If you did get a good player come through it would be an anomaly with that infrastructure in honesty so I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on it just yet. 

Does your DOF have good scouting stats?

I've never worked like that in all honesty, I'm too heavily focused on youth promotion in my saves to leave it to someone else to sign the players. Always been intrigued by trying a big club and have a DOF be responsible for all signings and see what I could do with it as it would take me out of my comfort zone and force me to adapt my game play a bit.

My DOF has judging12 (ability) and 15 (potential), so thats not too great, I know. I should oversee the processes there more by myself I guess...

2 minutes ago, Carambau said:

My DOF has judging12 (ability) and 15 (potential), so thats not too great, I know. I should oversee the processes there more by myself I guess...

There's no right or wrong way to go about playing the game, you're having tremendous success as it is so you're smashing it.

2 years unbeaten in the league is phenomenal. Very seldom have I managed that once let alone back to back.

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2028/2029 JUNE - JULY 2028

TRANSFERS

nzDIlWY.png

TAHvk7S.png

Domestic deadwood out. And Stijn Rosseel, who came to us as a 16 year old from his native Belgium, got loaned out every season and NEVER made a first team appearance for us. At least he got 4 U21 caps for Belgium by now. Au revoir!

BOFPruj.png

• Johnny Valentine is a 19yo central defender with 14 U21 caps for Scotland already
  • Inigo Gabilondo, also 19 years old, comes from San Sebastian and can also play in central defence
  • South African right back Innocent Ngobese (18) is a signing from Mamelodi Sundowns. He already got 7 senior caps for South Africa at that age!
  • Ross Jack, a right back, goes straight to our U19s to learn and prosper

SQUAD OVERVIEW

RsLDHgr.png

Same as last year. And the year before. And the year before that year.

ABsupCN.png

More young talent added. Let´s see if Ngobele, Valentine and/or Gabilondo can make their way into the first team.

KLw6xJU.png

No changes in midfield...

j5Nxxfr.png

...and no changes in attack.

Edited by Carambau