European Golden Shoe : Post your results!

I am curious what you guys are seeing there just to compare results. 

2019  1st CR7 29 Goals 2nd Salah 23 Goals 3rd Werner 22 goals

2020 1st Felix 26 goals 2nd Lautaro Martinez 21 goals 3rd CR7 20 goals

2021 1st Morata 25 goals 2nd Mbappe 23 goals 3rd Mousa Dembele 22 goals

2022 1st Rafael Leo 22 goals 2nd Mbappe 20 goals 3rd Morata 20 goals

2023 1st Kane 28 goals 2nd Mbappe 25 goals 3rd Morata 25 goals

2024 1st Huerta 24 Goals 2nd Lincoln 24 goals 3rd Kane 24 goals

I mean you can clearly see a pattern here . 

Most Top scorers in the game are decent Headers apart from Mbappe who is still with PSG and they are thrashing everybody

Morata has finishing 13 and Heading 18 but he is tall. Kane has excellent finishing but he is also very tall

Rafael Leio is tall as well with decent heading

Dembele tall aswell good header

CR7 tall and great header

I find headers to be quite easy to score if you manage to hit the target. My AMC a regen is 185 and has heading 9 but he has like 5/6 goals with heading .

The last one in real world someone won below 30 was Totti in 2006 with 26 goals. Apart from Henry winning with 25 goals there was Maakay with 29 goals a win and to find another guy below 30 we have to go all the way back to 1914

Edited by Toshevbgg

In five seasons: Mbappé twice, Kane once, Lukaku once, Okereke (at Hoffenheim) once. 

From my last 50 games, I scored 54 placed shots, 12 powerful shots, 1 curled shot, 17 headers and six penalties. That seems like a pretty good spread so I wouldn't say it's easier to score from headers or headers are being scored more often.

4 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

In five seasons: Mbappé twice, Kane once, Lukaku once, Okereke (at Hoffenheim) once. 

From my last 50 games, I scored 54 placed shots, 12 powerful shots, 1 curled shot, 17 headers and six penalties. That seems like a pretty good spread so I wouldn't say it's easier to score from headers or headers are being scored more often.

But I think conversion rate for headers is just so much better.  I mean if for those 17 Header goals you have probably watched 25/30 highlights? Those 50 goals took 400 chances at minimum

my sentiment was that short/fast players cant get above 20 goals cuz they cant get the extra 5/6 from headers

I mean look at your goal scorers. Mbappe is easy win ( France weak opposition he is still not a midget) Rest is  Kane and Lukaku and Okerekeke (182 decnet heading/etc)

How many goals did ur top scorers score? Did they manage to get above 30 

1 minute ago, Toshevbgg said:

But I think conversion rate for headers is just so much better.  I mean if for those 17 Header goals you have probably watched 25/30 highlights? Those 50 goals took 400 chances at minimum

my sentiment was that short/fast players cant get above 20 goals cuz they cant get the extra 5/6 from headers

I mean look at your goal scorers. Mbappe is easy win ( France weak opposition he is still not a midget) Rest is  Kane and Lukaku and Okerekeke (182 decnet heading/etc)

How many goals did ur top scorers score? Did they manage to get above 30 

It's perception bias from your side I think. A lot of headed chances don't show up in the comprehensive highlights (only in text) which would make it look like you're missing more shots while this is not the case. I've been playing short, fast strikers throughout my 5 year  career and they were always very dependable when it came to goals. More so, in the Belgian competitions four out of the last five top goalscorers were fast strikers.  Same goes for the other leagues I've loaded (Portugal, with the exception of England where Kane was top goalscorer three times in a row. The last two were Rashford and Lautaro Martinez though, both once again fast strikers. 

When it comes to the Golden shoe, Okekere is a fast striker as well, with only 11 for jumping and 13 for heading. Lukaku is an all round physical beast so his goals could have come from anywhere.

Regarding the amount of goals scored, it's a known 'issue' in the sense that it's very hard to replicate the real life data because it would probably lead to an inflation of scored goals. In other words, it would be very hard to get Ronaldo to score 30+ goals ingame without a ton of other strikers doing the same.

19/20 - 1st: Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) - 25 goals; 2nd: Odsonne Edouard (Celtic) - 33 goals; 3rd: Wissam Ben Yedder (Monaco) - 22 goals

20/21 - 1st: Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) - 31 goals; 2nd: Maxi Gomez (Valencia) - 25 goals; 3rd: Ciro Immobile (Lazio) - 21 goals

21/22 - 1st: Kylian M'Bappe (PSG) - 24 goals; 2nd: Robert Lewandowski (Bayern) - 22 goals; 3rd: Duvan Zapata (Inter) - 22 goals

22/23 - 1st: Kylian M'Bappe (PSG) - 29 goals; 2nd: Fedor Chalov (Monaco) - 27 goals; 3rd: Neal Maupay (Celtic) - 30 goals

Major 5 European leagues and Scotland in full detail.

I mean 30 goals is not something amazing to be achieved? 
My problem is every striker is scoring less. As you can see even if your game Lukaku and Kane won golden booth (Lukaku really?) and Okereke. Mbappe doesnt count because he is 200 potential player in a bad league

My game I have Morata finishing top 3 and winning others are Kane . Leo etc and nobody can score above 25 goals. 
For example EPL players scoring 25+ goals last 10 years

Van Persie 30 goals 2011 (Roone 27 2nd)

Van Persie 25 goals 2012 

Suarez 31 goals 2013

Aguero 26 goals 2014

KKane 25 2014 (augero Vardy 24 each)

Kane 29 goals 2016 (lukau 25 sanchez 24)

Salah 32 goals 2017 (Kane 30 goals)

Bundesliga 

2015 Lewa 30 2016 Pierre 31 2017 Lewa 29 

La Liga Nobody has scored below 30 since 2017  (most times 40+)

Seria A

Gonzalo 36 goals 2015 Dzeko 29 goals 2016 IcaRDI/Immobile 29 goals each 2017 

P.S Lewandowski has not scored above 15 goals in my save

I mean goals scored compared to real life its like 40% difference. 

Last example in my Game La Liga top scorers 

2019 Maxi Gomez 20 goals (3 times morata once with 21 goals). Last year top scorer is Leon Bailey with 18 goals . Messi is 2nd place with 15th goals

Last example right now Man Utd are first in my save 19 games played in EPL they have conceded 2 goals in 19 games. Barcelona ins 22 games so far have conceded 6 goals.. 

7 minutes ago, Toshevbgg said:

I mean 30 goals is not something amazing to be achieved? 
My problem is every striker is scoring less. As you can see even if your game Lukaku and Kane won golden booth (Lukaku really?) and Okereke. Mbappe doesnt count because he is 200 potential player in a bad league

My game I have Morata finishing top 3 and winning others are Kane . Leo etc and nobody can score above 25 goals. 
For example EPL players scoring 25+ goals last 10 years

Van Persie 30 goals 2011 (Roone 27 2nd)

Van Persie 25 goals 2012 

Suarez 31 goals 2013

Aguero 26 goals 2014

KKane 25 2014 (augero Vardy 24 each)

Kane 29 goals 2016 (lukau 25 sanchez 24)

Salah 32 goals 2017 (Kane 30 goals)

Bundesliga 

2015 Lewa 30 2016 Pierre 31 2017 Lewa 29 

La Liga Nobody has scored below 30 since 2017  (most times 40+)

Seria A

Gonzalo 36 goals 2015 Dzeko 29 goals 2016 IcaRDI/Immobile 29 goals each 2017 

P.S Lewandowski has not scored above 15 goals in my save

I mean goals scored compared to real life its like 40% difference. 

Last example in my Game La Liga top scorers 

2019 Maxi Gomez 20 goals (3 times morata once with 21 goals). Last year top scorer is Leon Bailey with 18 goals . Messi is 2nd place with 15th goals

Last example right now Man Utd are first in my save 19 games played in EPL they have conceded 2 goals in 19 games. Barcelona ins 22 games so far have conceded 6 goals.. 

It's still a sandbox game so after you start the game anyone can become a top goalscorer in theory. Apart from that, it is a football simulation game and not a hardcopy of the real game. You can hardly expect it to behave in the exact same way as the real game does because that is simply not programmable. 

Feels like you're just expecting too much from this game. 

On a sidenote, I don't see why Lukaku couldn't become Golden Shoe. He has always been a prolific goalscorer in every competition and at every team he played. 

Edited by KlaaZ

5 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

It's still a sandbox game so after you start the game anyone can become a top goalscorer in theory. Apart from that, it is a football simulation game and not a hardcopy of the real game. You can hardly expect it to behave in the exact same way as the real game does because that is simply not programmable. 

Feels like you're just expecting too much from this game. 

I expect that when you play lone striker and you feed with with aml/amr he takes penalties and u are top tier team for him to be able to score more then 15 goals .
In the last 15 years of EPL always operated with lone striker and always he had manage to score above 30 goals (especially since in the game u make really great teams and keep players together in long saves)

So when players like Messi/Salah/Mane/Hazard can barerly score 10 goals taking free kicks and penalties it sure needs to be looked at and pointed out.

The issue here is not one on one sin general. Its how ineffective AML and AMr are in the game when they cut inside. They go wide and hit stupid shots or never pass and play one twos for easy goals. For me thats bigger problem then strikers not scoring

Last example Messi has 6 assists in 2020 in 38 games. He has another season with 8 and two more with 10 . In the season he has 13 goals he has 5 penalties scored and probably 1/2 free kicks( cant see it). So he has 8 goals from open play and 9 assists 

As always for some "proof"  you need a lot more stats than just from one or ten saves. 

With a smaller amount you can probably see some tendency but that's not enough to come to a conclusion.

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

As always for some "proof"  you need a lot more stats than just from one or ten saves. 

With a smaller amount you can probably see some tendency but that's not enough to come to a conclusion.

As you can see I am not saying I proved anything. I am posting my results and waiting for more to form a discussion about them. 

to be honest the problems in my save i think are related for sure with most things that it has been admitted its wrong with ME. So i guess you can say I have some proof

vor 1 Minute schrieb Toshevbgg:

As you can see I am not saying I proved anything. I am posting my results and waiting for more to form a discussion about them. 

to be honest the problems in my save i think are related for sure with most things that it has been admitted its wrong with ME. So i guess you can say I have some proof

Proof is the opposite of I think and I guess.

14 minutes ago, Toshevbgg said:

I expect that when you play lone striker and you feed with with aml/amr he takes penalties and u are top tier team for him to be able to score more then 15 goals .
In the last 15 years of EPL always operated with lone striker and always he had manage to score above 30 goals (especially since in the game u make really great teams and keep players together in long saves)

So when players like Messi/Salah/Mane/Hazard can barerly score 10 goals taking free kicks and penalties it sure needs to be looked at and pointed out.

The issue here is not one on one sin general. Its how ineffective AML and AMr are in the game when they cut inside. They go wide and hit stupid shots or never pass and play one twos for easy goals. For me thats bigger problem then strikers not scoring

Last example Messi has 6 assists in 2020 in 38 games. He has another season with 8 and two more with 10 . In the season he has 13 goals he has 5 penalties scored and probably 1/2 free kicks( cant see it). So he has 8 goals from open play and 9 assists 

You can expect all you want, this is still a football simulation game, some people seem not to realise that it is not an exact representation of football because such a thing is impossible to code. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb KlaaZ:

You can expect all you want, this is still a football simulation game, some people seem not to realise that it is not an exact representation of football because such a thing is impossible to code. 

That's true, but a simulation should always try to be as realistic as possible. They are simulate various scenarios and a big amount of soak testing to find the right balance between realism and gameplay. Which is indeed not the same.

I agree that we can't expect the numbers to exactly match the real life. As things are, I think it is pretty close enough. Top 3 scorers in each league average around 22-25, which is a little less than real life, but RL stats can also get skewed sometimes with the likes of Messi, Ronaldo scoring 40+ goals, which does not happen IRL all the time either. I don't see anything terrible wrong in this department in the game. 

I would like to see some kind of boost for just the Ronaldos and Messis, but then we will have endless discussions if Mbappe and other should also be boosted as a possible next Ronaldo/Messi.  

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I would like to see some kind of boost for just the Ronaldos and Messis, but then we will have endless discussions if Mbappe and others should also be boosted as a possible next Ronaldo/Messi.  

That can be achieved maybe by using more of an exponential model than a linear one when coding the performance vs. CA/attributes in the ME? That way you can increase the chance of those very few top talent players to dominate matches more.

4 minutes ago, bleventozturk said:

I agree that we can't expect the numbers to exactly match the real life. As things are, I think it is pretty close enough. Top 3 scorers in each league average around 22-25, which is a little less than real life, but RL stats can also get skewed sometimes with the likes of Messi, Ronaldo scoring 40+ goals, which does not happen IRL all the time either. I don't see anything terrible wrong in this department in the game. 

I think the difference is 20% and I believe/hope with tweaking ME (one on ones and if they fix AML/AMR to pass ( so strikers can score asy goals) this will be fixed

P.S I posted above about top league scorers

For last 10 years average in EPL is 27-28 goals ( Salah 32/Suarez 31/ Persie 30and 29, Kane had 29 )

For Seria A (We had Icard/Immobile 29, Higuain 36 )

Bundesliga ( Lewa 29/32/29 

Spain ( 40+ last 10 years Messi/CR7)

So across all top 4 spain included average top scorer sits around 32-33 goals (Inflated cuz Spain). If not its around 29-30

I think everything can be tweaked and fixed but Its just annoying for immersive standpoint when you see Messi barerly scoring 12 goals per season. Lewa struggling around 15, 

Immobile finished with 10/19/10 before he decided and Salah cant score more then 15 (same for Mane )

Last example Top Scorers in Portugal

2024 13 (whole season)

2023 Mousa Marega 18

2022 Brandon Corters 14

2021 Strefpvoc 19

As you can see in one of the most top heavy leagues we have a top scorer finishing with 13 and 14 goals 

OVPof6.jpg

8 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I would like to see some kind of boost for just the Ronaldos and Messis, but then we will have endless discussions if Mbappe and other should also be boosted as a possible next Ronaldo/Messi.  

I mean I love right now that we have great balance of goals . I feel all my team is involved and every goal counts. You dont trash 5-6--0 all the times Its rare occurance. Problem its kinda forced the low ammouth of goals because your strikers and wingers play dumb and miss a ton or dont pass to each other for easy goals

I just dislike that top players score so less and feeel less influntal especially the AML/AMR 

"I think everything can be tweaked and fixed but Its just annoying for immersive standpoint when you see Messi barerly scoring 12 goals per season. Lewa struggling around 15, "

True, but that is also caused by the AI manager not using those players in the same way that they are used IRL. If you take over Barcelona, it is perfectly possible to help Messi to score 30+ goals, as I have seen people's videos in youtube wheir their forwards keep scoring for fun, at a MUCH higher rate than they do IRL.

3 minutes ago, Toshevbgg said:

I mean I love right now that we have great balance of goals . I feel all my team is involved and every goal counts. You dont trash 5-6--0 all the times Its rare occurance. Problem its kinda forced the low ammouth of goals because your strikers and wingers play dumb and miss a ton or dont pass to each other for easy goals

I just dislike that top players score so less and feeel less influntal especially the AML/AMR 

With my tactic, my AML/AMR score equal or more than my lone forward for example. The AI manager of Barcelona is not using Messi in a way where he can score more goals, but it is possible.

I just checked, in my new save, Messi is the highest scorer in Spanish league (full detail), and he plays at AMR. It is early December, and he already has 13 goals in Barca, followed by Suarez (12), Griezmann (6) as AML and Dembele (6) as AML. These are in all matches. not just league. That's a pretty balance and realistic spread of goals I think.

Top scorers in league after 16 matches:

Hazard (12) - playing as AML mostly (13 matches), some even ML (3 matches)

Iglesias (12)

Messi (10) AMR

Benzema (10)

This is pretty good already.

Edited by bleventozturk

In French league Dembele has 17 goals in 17 matches. With this rate he will score well over 30.  Also, he is more of a fast player (pace 15, acc 16, agi 15) than a tall player (6'0 only, jumping reach 13), so a good example for fast players being completely able to dominate.

Edited by bleventozturk

2 hours ago, ajt said:

How much did he cost celtic? :eek:

Not that much, but I'd have to double check. Have it in my mind it was around £8m in the second season.

They're absolute monsters in my St Johnstone save though. Took until 2023/24 for them to lose two games in a month. They went undefeated in the league for 20 months and had over 100 points in the previous season.

They've got Ross Barkley and Christian Pulisic on contracts around £100k a week, and just spent £35m on a CB from Porto. Their front four is Jack Harrison, Barkley, Pulisic and Mapauy, and they play a high press, high tempo game. I've won once against them in 5 seasons.

This was from a beta save though, so they're maybe a bit calmer in new saves.